main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 1,000 Words(songfic, J/TK)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by magehound, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Title: 1,000 Words
    Disclaimer: I only wish I owned Star Wars
    Summary: Something went wrong, and Jacen did actually die killing the voxyn queen. Tenel Ka remembers and grieves.
    Genre: songfic, angst
    Timeframe: sometime after Star By Star.
    Characters: Tenel Ka, Jacen(in flashback memories)
    Notes: I'm using a song from one of my favorite video games, Final Fantasy X-2. the song is "1,000 Words" attributed to Sweetbox.

I know that you're hiding things
    using gentle words to shelter me
    your words were like a dream
    but dreams could never fool me...
    Not that easily

His last words to her had been an encouragement, the standard well wishes every Jedi made to each other. "May the Force be with you." Tenel Ka knew him better than most, he had realised that it was more then likely a suicide mission. But still, he had smiled that smile and spoke those words, wanting his friends..her..not to worry. Did he know that the words would be turned back on him then? "May you be with the Force."

I acted so distant then
    didn't say good-bye before you left
    but I was listening
    you fight your battles far from me......
    Far too easily

Tenel Ka hadn't even said goodbye to him when he left. She had never been known to speak out of emotion. Logic had always served her best. Logic and experience had told her that he would come back to her from even this. Now, as she stood over his memorial in her private garden on Hapes, she realised she had been wrong. About a great many things. Now, the ceremony was over, his family gone, and the Queen Mother was left with nothing but a memory. Words, and thoughts unbidden came to her. "Jacen.."

'Save your tears 'Cause I'll come back'
    I could hear that you whispered
    as you walked through that door
    but still I swore to hide that pain
    when I turn back the pages
    Shouting might've been the answer then
    what if I cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart
    but now I'm not afraid to say what's in my heart...

The mental wall she had always put up crumbled and fell, releasing raw emotion. Tenel Ka felt infinite grief and sorrow. She had loved Jacen all this time and had never said anything. Now, he was one with the Force, and she was left alone. Tears streamed down her once stoic face. She collapsed on her knees, face in her hand. She did not know how to reach someone on the other side. But, through the last remnants of their connection through the Force, she poured forth everything that was in her heart, and hoped it would reach him.

'Cause One Thousand words
    Called out Through the Ages
    They'll Fly to you
    Even Though I can see
    I Know They're Reaching you
    Suspended on Silver Wings

She told him how much she treasured every moment they spent together. How much she loved his jokes, his grin, his laugh. She loved the way his brandy-brown eyes sparkled at her. She told him that her true strength had only come from him. Of her favorite moment together, on Ryloth. They had faced frostbite and death from the cold, but in that one embrace, the coldness of her skin was offset by the warmth of her heart.

Oh One Thousand Words
    One Thousand Embraces
    Will Cradle You
    Making all of Your Weary Days Seem Far Away
    They'll Hold you Forever...

She looked up, and the Force energy she was pouring out took on the image of a bird, wings taking form in the Hapan moonlight. Tenel Ka knew this was just how her mind was perciving things, but it seemed..fitting. She told Jacen of her love, and finally released it to go on it's way. It lifted into the night sky, bound for it's destination on silver wings.

Oh One Thousand Words {One Thousand Words}
    Have Never been spoken {Oh Yeah}
    They'll fly to you
    they'll carry you home {carry you home}
    And back into my arms
    Suspended on Silver Wings {On Silver Wings}

She looked at the holo-image of Jacen as he was the day they had graduated from the Academy. She would go on. She would lead her people. And one day, she knew not when, she would become one with the Force as well. And then all of the t

2. SephirothsKiller

SephirothsKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Good Job. I've always liked that song. Of course FFX-2 had a bit of a happier ending...

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So Jacen was buried in Hapes? Does that mean that they ended up together?

4. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i didn't miss it it just took me longer to find

:_| poor TK

great songfic

5. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    SephirothsKiller: I just recently downloaded the video, and actually read the words while watching it. almost cried..several times. Yuna[face_love]Tidus!

No, Master. It's a memorial. not a grave. That would require a body, which they do not have.

frankieskywalker: I'm sorry. I shall try really hard to keep you updated on all my stuff from now on. and thanks. :D

6. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Words can't express . . .

. . . my undying love for you . . .

. . . you ripped my heart out . . .

Words can't express . . .

. . . my eternal hatred for you . . .

. . . you ripped my heart out . . .

AARRGGHH!!

Let me reciprocate in kind. [face_devil]

Well, great job. This was TOTALLY AWESOME! But beware, because now I'm out for revenge!

*skips into a feild of lillies*

Seriously, great post!

7. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    That was very pretty, Janet. Poetry as comments. nice! I have to say, besides the fact that I just love to write in general, and doing songfics specifically, any more I do it just to see what you'll say. I [face_love] your comments.

Anyway, I figure it's like a love/hate realationship. You hate to love me, but ya love to hate me. In the words of Baby from Dinosaurs, "Gotta love me!"

Feel free to write some of your own, even if it is 'revenge'. Get those creative gears turning. besides, it'll probably be J/TK anyway, and that's always good, even when it's sad. [face_love]

8. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    this was absolutely perfect! wonderfully written!

i loved how well you described Tenel Ka's emotions...i could almost feel as if I was in her shoes reliving everything with her! brilliant characterization!

Sparky

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My favorite part of this:

The mental wall she had always put up crumbled and fell, releasing raw emotion. Tenel Ka felt infinite grief and sorrow. She had loved Jacen all this time and had never said anything. Now, he was one with the Force, and she was left alone. Tears streamed down her once stoic face. She collapsed on her knees, face in her hand. She did not know how to reach someone on the other side. But, through the last remnants of their connection through the Force, she poured forth everything that was in her heart, and hoped it would reach him.

Very stark and beautiful.

10. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Thanks, Ish. I tried to put into words what I felt when a good friend of mine passed away last year. She and I had always been close, but I never said anything to her, assuming the standard "She'll always be there. I can tell her anytime." This was the closest to what I felt then that i could come. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.