main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 1 ABY - The Devil's Deal by A'Sharad Hett - A Darth Krayt Fanfic - Update Incoming!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Pain.

So much pain.

Am I dying?

My father had died like this. Battered. Bruised. A lightsaber wound.

My revenge has been foiled.

Revenge for my father.

Revenge for my Master.

Revenge for my people.

I sought to avenge them. I could not stand by and watch the darkness grow.

I was like Ulic. Like Revan. Like so many who have fallen.

Obi-Wan stopped me...

Tao killed me...

But...

I seek Order.

True Order.

The Dark Side will bring an end.

If not in me...

In somebody else.

---

A noise awakens me.

Eyes open behind my mask, slowly. The pain has not abated, but confusion is added to the fire. This planet, Shumari, which was to be the site of my victory, of my revenge upon the Sith, upon Skywalker, was devastated by the Empire. The world was empty.

Darth Vader had been here, with his apprentice, Tao, but I had heard the Imperial Shuttle depart, abandoning me to die. Slowly my senses were dwindling, and I could feel my life ebbing away. I sought either of my lightsabers, determined to use them to end my suffering, but could not find them.

That noise sounded again.

I focused my ears, and frowned.

"A'Sharad Hett, it is time for you to stand up, and realise the truth!"

The voice sounded happy, almost ecstatic in it's joy. I wondered if I'd fallen into the Netherworld of the Force, and was to be mocked by a mad Sith Magician for the rest of my existence. I wouldn't be surprised, most certainly not.

My mouth worked, and I spoke, slowly. "Where are you?"

"Over here, of course!"

I sat up, pain curling from my stomach up my spine, but I shoved it aside. I blinked, slowly, every movement one filled with dread, every beat of my heart one of my death. When you die, truth finds you out. It is unavoidable. It overwhelms you, controls you, batters you with emotions terrific and terrifying.

Chaos.

My eyes found him, and his found me, and I blinked.

Anakin Skywalker.

The monster.

Twenty years older than when I'd seen him last, and unsuited. It made no sense. Anakin Skywalker had died and become Darth Vader, after slaughtering my tribe, so many years ago. My revenge had not been fulfilled, and never would be. That thought pained me, but this, this mockery that was before me, it all but destroyed me.

Perhaps I had gone to Hell, after all.

"Who are you?"

The man that looked like Anakin Skywalker but was not smiled. "A deep question. Very deep. But isn't the more important question who...are you?"

Annoyance filled my bones, and I reached for this mans throat with the Force. I would not be mocked in my last moments. I had achieved much, survived when the greatest Jedi of the Order had not. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace Windu, the Dark Woman, even Obi-Wan Kenobi had been slew by the monsters that were Emperor Palpatine and his servant, Darth Vader.

The man did not claw for his throat, did not gasp for air. He didn't even stop that deranged, twisted smile.

I could not touch him with the Force.

He did not exist in it.

I definately had gone to Hell.

Everything existed in the Force, by definition.

The man that was not Anakin Skywalker leaned forward over the broken man, having been left in silence for many moments. "I do have an answer, but it's my answer, not yours."

I frowned, behind my mask, and found that I couldn't lift my hands as this man stepped over and unfolded the Tusken wraps, exposing my mottled skin to the soft breeze of Shumari. It had been twenty years since I had donned these wraps, and declared myself a Tusken warlord. Such a long time ago, now. Such a tragic waste.

"A'Sharad Hett, son of Sharad Hett. You have wandered the lands of the dead for too long. Hidden behind your mask, hidden behind your pathetic Force, your bankrupt religion, it is time for you to stand!"

I narrowed my eyes. "I cannot stand."

"Take my hand, and I shall give you life," said Anakin Skywalker. The man lifted a hand towards me, and I stared at it. It was real. I could see that much. I was not dreaming.

I looked back

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Wow...your writing has been getting better and better lately.

I really like the first person point of view on this and think your ideas are good.

PM me if you update more!!!!

[:D]

3. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    Excellent!=D= I can't wait to see what you do with this!

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    This caught my eye as soon as I saw it.

Looking forward to more.

5. Art_Of_War

Art_Of_War Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2005
    Great work Sine. The short sentence structure of the initial section really brought forth the emotional impact you were going for. And the remainder of your prose was remarkably contained but also remarkably efficient in its transmitted reader intent. As in this passage...

....And I look foward to whatever else you choose to showcase to us.

=D=

6. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Woah! :eek: Very nice viggie (or is it an ongoing WIP? [face_batting]), and looks like your guess had been as good as many's: I compared the dates, and looks like you wrote this fic 6 days before Legacy #15 was released. So now it's canon for you. :D

The story is incredibly well written, one of my favorite parts were the different paraphrases you used for "the man who looked like Anakin Skywalker", because you changed Hett's perception of the "monster" time and again, each time perfectly showcasing Hett's current state of mind. =D=

I also like how you brought Nom Anor into the game, since many fans had been suspecting Anor being Krayt, what makes this whole thing kinda oyxomoron-like, in an amazing way. Hett really has made a pact with the Devil, but the Devil is more than just Anor, it's the Dark Side, Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi Order and the past.

If you choose to update this, I'd love a PM notification.

=D=

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooh, great start. Can I be added to the PM list?

8. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Sinre, I don't see you outside the EUC often but when i do, it's awesome and this is no exception :D

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sorry for the massive gap, I wrote two updates, and then had to wipe them off my infected hard-drive. The next chapter will be up tomorrow. [face_peace]

PM List

Corran_Fett
    Healer_Leona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.