New Jersey 1 meeting down, 2 to go to make it official.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Satimber, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    That's right, you are reading this correctly. On January 11th, 2003 the first ever New Jersey Fan Force meeting occurred in Freehold, NJ at the Barnes & Noble.

5 JCers were able to attend, and a 6th member who will be taught the ways of the JC, showed up and managed to have fun and break ground.

Minutes

We went over an itinerary that was created in most part by Darth_Gyos.

We also elected some members of the Council.

Co-President - Jedi_Satimber & Darth_Gyos for a 1 year term.

Treasurer - Padawan915.

Council Rep - Ghosts_of_Anakin for a term of 6 months.

Utility Rep - buster726.

Collecting - Charles Kovacs (he is not yet a member of TF.N).

Terms for some Council members have not been determined as of yet. Also, not all Council members have been determined yet.

Secretary has not been filled, but Arldetta has expressed much interest.

The second meeting has been tentatively scheduled for February 8, 2003.

We have decided that meetings should be once a month and in different locations each time. This opens up the state to some people who have not been to certain cities.

We have also decided on doing charity events, social events and gatherings that any New Jerseyian would normally do. :D

Also, we have decided that a Website of our own is necessary, [link=http://pub14.ezboard.com/bonewiththeforce]my personal website[/link] may not do, but it will be a starting ground. We figured a place that can have a banner and things like that.

At the second meeting, we should definitely discuss icon and banner ideas.
    If anybody has website experience (design) or artistic ability (icons and banners) or you know someone that can help us, step forward.

In following, I suggest that since we will be getting a little more personal (like first names and such) that each member of the NJ FF post a small bio/introduction. Things like name, why you like SW or how you got involved with SW & your home town (to make future meetings more accessible to everyone).

Myself, I am Shawn Adams. I currently reside in Riverside, NJ. I am 29 years old, and have watched all 5 SW films in the theater on their first run. My order of favs of the films is semi-cloudy, except that ESB is my least favorite of the movies. I am married and have 1 child.
  2. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    Nice work up there J_Sat. As you stated, the meeting did go very well and I'm very pleased to see this forum so active recently. I hope everybody will get to know each other pretty soon. :)

Myself, I am Mike Santangelo and I live in Howell(Freehold). I'm 21 years old and will be 22 in about a month(a day after our second meeting, actually). I am currently employed at Shop-Rite of Freehold(why don't you stop in and find me sometime? I'm always there. :p ). I will be going back to school this January 22nd. I am going to Brookdale right now, but, plan on transferring after this summer(hopefully).

As J_Sat said, I have volunteered for the job of City Rep for our FanForce. If anybody has any questions at all, please feel free to PM me and ask.

I am on nobodys side because nobody is on my side.
  3. buster726 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great idea J_ sat. My name is R.J. I'm 22 years old I live in Toms River. I have loved Starwars my entire life. Just got serious into collecting in 1999 after TPM. I am currently on a see starwars diet.
  4. Padawan915 Jedi Master

star 6
    Great job Satimber on this post. :)

Oh yeah, personal info stuff. :p

I'm Herb Scheuren, I'm 20 from Langhorne, PA. I go to school at Fordham University in NYC, so I'm always somewhere close to NJ. I'm a huge fans of the movies and after seeing AOTC at the midnight showing rekindled my love of SW.

Oh yeah, something I forgot to add was that everyone should add one another to our WUL so that we can be more connected. I'm workin' on doing that now.
  5. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    good idea P915....I have been working on that for weeks. :p
  6. Arldetta Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If no one else wants it, I'll go ahead and be secretary. ;)

Well, here goes:

Hello, My name Cynthia Geiges. I live in Manville, New Jersey with my husband and daughter. I'm 26 years old. I've loved star wars for a long time, but it was re-kindled when the special editions came out. We even went to L.A. to see TPM in Mann's Chinese Theatre with the other nuts, although we did not dress up. :( We also did the Midnight toy run for TPM at TRU and spent about $800 on toys! [face_shocked] Now, I've completely emersed myself in the SW realm as last year I dove into the world of fanfiction. I must admit I'm still enjoying the swim and don't know if I'll ever get out of the water. Soon, you'll probably be able to call me 'prune-face'. :p Anyway, is there anything else you would like to know?

Next! :D
  7. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Nah...we will do this in baby steps. :)

And the 6 of us, pretty much agreed that you could have Secretary....but did not want to make it official yet...

8. Arldetta Jedi Padawan

star 4
    NP. :D I just guess that means, I take minutes at the next meeting. :p
  9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    I feel like such a youngin'... ;)

The next meeting is gonna be up in Bloomfield right? If my memory serves me correctly, that's what I recall...

10. Arldetta Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Where is Bloomfield?
  11. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    that is what is scheduled, GOA.

Should stay that way too.
  12. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    It's not hard to get to. It's right off the GSPW at exit 137, I think. If you need directions from somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. They don't call me Mr. Map for nothing. ;) :p

13. DarthGyos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry to disappoint Mr.Map, Bloomfield is exit 148, and 150. The meeting will be at my house, with details to follow.

14. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    yep...GOA has got the wrong city. :p

I can get to Bloomfield in about 1 hr and 15 minutes...with no traffic.

So, I e-mailed that guy from work today...and told him that he and/or his son, if interested, could join the FF.

And everyone is encouraged to have some communications with the SWNYC and the OuterRim.
  15. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yes please come over to see us at the Philly Outer Rim, we don't bite, unless that's what your into! ;)
    I dount I will be able to come all the way out to Bloomfield to the second meeting, but the next meeting you have in central or south jeresy please count me in.
  16. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Mal...I can probably give you a lift...we do not live to far from each other.
  17. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    That is very kind of you Jedi_Satimber, I'll have to look into getting a sitter for my son before I commit to this. But I am looking forward to meeting everyone finally. :)

Go Eagles!!! ;)
  18. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    not a problem...

anything for a fellow FF member that could use some help. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.