main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST (1) September & October: Going through Canon with a Fine tooth comb

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by akaydia41188, Sep 1, 2016.

1. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016
    Hi
    I'm going on an epic journey and try to read/ watch/ play all star wars canon material. My major focus is to collect information that will help predict what will happen in Episode 8. I'm going to try to go in order too.

Want to join?

September
    Saturday, September 3rd: (32 BBY) The Phantom Menace (Movie)
    Saturday, September 10th: (29 BBY) Obi-Wan & Anakin (Comics)
    Saturday, September 17th: (22BBY) Attack of the Clones (Movie)
    Saturday, September 24th: (22BBY) Clone Wars TV Show Episode 216 Cat & Mouse and 116 Hidden Enemy followed by Clone Wars Movie (Animation)

October (Clone Wars Season #1)
    Saturday, October 1st (22 BBY) #301 Clone Cadets #303 Supply Lines #101 Ambush #102 Rising Malevolence
    Saturday, October 8th (22BBY) #104 Destroy Malevolence #105 Rookies #106 Downfall of a Droid #107 Duel of the Droids
    Saturday, October 15th (22BBY) #108 Bombad Jedi #109 Cloak of Darkness #110 Liar of Grievous #111 Dooku captured
    Saturday, October 22nd (22BBY) #112 Gungan General #113 Jedi Crash #114 Defenders of Peace #115 Trespass
    Saturday, October 29th (22BBY) #116 blue Shadow Virus #117 Mysteries of thousand moons #118 Storm over Ryloth #119 innocents of Ryloth #120

November (Clone Wars Season #2)
    N1: #201, #202, #203, #217
    N2: #218, #219, #204, #205
    N3: #206, #207, #208, #209
    N4: #210, #211, #212, #213
    N5: #214, #220, #221, #222

Ubraniff Zalkaz and Buddha Fett like this.
  2. akaydia41188

Jul 22, 2016
    December (Clone Wars Seasons #3)
    January (Clone Wars Season #4)
    Feb (Clone Wars Season #5)
    March (Clone Wars Season #6)
    April (Clone Wars Other)
    May: (20 BBY) Darth maul, (20 BBY)Dark Disciple, (19 BBY) Revenge of the Sith, (19 BBY) Kanan (14 BBY) Lords of the Sith
    June: (14 BBY) Tarkin (11BBY) New Dawn (11-5 BBY) Lost Stars (5 BBY) Season 1 Rebels
    July: Season 2 Rebels
    August: Rogue One, Rebels Season 3

3. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Woah. I wish I could plan every moment of my free time so far in advance. Honestly, by the time you get through all of that material at this time next year, we'll have gotten spoilers for most of what you're intent on finding out.
    Save yourself the effort, and just enjoy life and occasionally hang out on these boards.
    Unless you've not yet experienced all that fun stuff before already, then have at it. ;)

4. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I was thinking, this "endeavor" may have a better reception on the PT forum...

5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I think it fits better here - his reason for rewatch is purely to gain ep VIII insight so this is the right place, I would thing

6. Master of None

Jun 14, 2016
    clinteastwoodbradfield You would know better than I. BTW love your name :)
    Most of the material is PT related and it didn't seem like too many people were responding, that's where my line of thinking is.
    I see the your point as it pertains to "finding clues" to VIII.

akaydia41188 I'm down for watching The Phantom Menace today. I've been thinking of rewatching anyway. I haven't watched 1-6 since seeing TFA.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I need to binge watch Rebels before season 3 starts.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, I think so. My impression was that the list is still a work in progress, and thus doesn't have Rebels and the OT movies (and TFA, for that matter) listed yet.

Edit: Oops, Rebels is in there now.

9. Master of None

Jun 14, 2016
    I just finished watching TPM.

I have no new insight, yet. I will need others to interact with :)

10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Mate you are going to be busy ^:)^

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  11. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    I think the novelizations would help as well. I just read the PT over the summer and it had a lot of interesting tidbits. Especially concerning the history of the jedi and sith.

12. akaydia41188

Jul 22, 2016
    Anyways Phantom Menace.

The big thing that sticks out to me is the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the force. Now that Anakin is a force ghost, couldn't he be even more powerful than he was before? He might explain the rise of the Darth Vader cult and how some claim that Darth Vader lives in Aftermath. Most people think Darth Vader as evil. Maybe Anakin will need to find redemption as a force ghost? Most people think that he is evil and he will have to prove otherwise. Would force ghost Anakin have god-like powers? Maybe Anakin will rise from the dead after 30 years. Maybe we might see Anakin's spiritual journey in the afterlife.

Also, if Padme was once the Queen of Naboo, would Ben and Luke be considered Princes of Naboo? Would Leia be considered a Princess of Naboo? I know that Padme was elected as queen, but I don't know how that designates family members. Could royal titles be important in Episode 8? How is an elected Queen different from a President? Would a royal title be important to Kylo Ren? I'm guessing not since his name is Kylo Ren and not Prince Ben of Naboo.

The other thing that struck me was how Anakin fell in love at first sight. Maybe we might hear more of an explanation about this. There might be another reason why he was so drawn to her. Maybe a force polarity? Soulmates? Maybe Anakin is trying to find Padme in the abyss?

Master of None likes this.
  13. Palpatine22315

Palpatine22315 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 22, 2015
    And at the end of November a MASSIVE dump of Episode VIII spoilers hits the Internet :p

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The analogous "poop" language is not lost on me. Nor the forecast of lots of it being dumped on our forum.

15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I just assumed it was just like it was presented. A nine year old Anakin lays his eyes on a hot 14 year old Padme.
    Spends the next ten years working essentially with just space monks.

I'm pretty sure that idealistic image of Padme stuck in his head helped him through puberty and his awkward teenage years.

So when he finally sees her again. Well........there you go.

Master of None likes this.
  16. akaydia41188

Jul 22, 2016

Wait, what is going on in November?

17. akaydia41188

Jul 22, 2016
    Ok I read the comics. There are a few things that stand out to me:

(1) Anakin seemed obsessed with fighting Maul. Now I understand why he tried that flip thing against Obi-won in Episode 3. Now that we know that maul is still alive, maybe a great show-down will happen in Rebels between Vader and Maul.

(2) Anakin was terrible at beast control, which is the opposite of Ezra (in the Rebels TV show). I get the feeling that this beast control thing will be important. I was surprised that Ezra was so good at beast control when Anakin, the chosen one, was terrible at it. The scene didn't seem necessary to the plot, but I feel like it was placed there as a clue for future events.

(3) Anakin was caught between two warring tribes that called themselves "Open" and "Closed". Anakin relates how the two are like the Jedi and the Sith. It makes me think that even when he was young, Anakin had sympathy for the Sith.

(4) Anakin was not happy in the Jedi order as a young boy and talked about leaving multiple times with Obi-won. He felt like he was forced to choose between being a Jedi Knight or being a slave, which was not much of a choice. Obi-won said that if Anakin left the order, then he would be forced to leave too. Obi-won is bound by his promise to his late master to train Anakin.

This made me think that maybe Anakin did leave the Jedi Order for a short time and joined the Bendu before returning to the Jedi Order. Maybe Anakin was always a Gray Jedi. Maybe Luke is searching for the Bendu.

18. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Say what you will about Rebels, the show has definitely given us things about the Force that could play a part in the ST's. The Bendu I do think will have some role to play. And the fact that in Rebels thay have more or less told us that Force User's don't have to be Jedi to still be a part of the Galaxy. Since we have hardly no information about Luke post ROTJ I suspect that him meeting the Bendu is very possible. But I think it is even more possible that Luke encounters these rogue Force Users who are not Jedi or Sith.

So many possibilities.

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there are no "gray jedi". you're either a jedi or your not. if you are unaffiliated you are just considered a "force wielder".

20. Duke Vadewalker

Duke Vadewalker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2016
    On what authority are you making this claim?

21. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Does anyone have a list of things from the old EU that have been recanonized? If you do, please post it. :)

22. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    A tweet from Pablo on June 21st of his year (sorry not sure how to post the actual tweet): " I keep being asked about 'grey Jedi'. What is that? Like an Irish monk?"

23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    my own. because there is no such thing as a "gray jedi" and in rebels maul calls himself a "force wielder". also because i know sw having been a fan for over 30 years. is that enough for you?

24. Duke Vadewalker

Duke Vadewalker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2016
    Ok, firstly: put the attitude back in your pocket. You failed to cite any form of source for your assertion, and just because you've been a fan almost as long as I have doesn't make you an authority, nor "keeper of canon" (old or new). I had every right to question your post.

What you're telling me here essentially is that "it is because it just is, because I said so" and I'm sorry but that doesn't hold water either - and there is no logical reason why it should.

Now, sls062286has kindly posted a tweet from Pablo Hidalgo above, and I'm happy to accept that that is his current stance (until/unless the actual Lorekeepers, or whatever they're calling themselves now, decide to make changes!).

But so far as I know, you're not Hidalgo. Nor Lucas, or Kennedy, or Abrams. So yes, as ego bruising as this might be, I'm inclined to question it when you post unqualified statements as fact.

25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    later youngling.