main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST (1) September & October: Going through Canon with a Fine tooth comb

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by akaydia41188, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I like what you are trying to do. I've made a point of trying to pick up all of the canon novels to search for clues. For what it's worth, in Bloodline, Leia makes a point of mentioning how royalty titles don't mean much anymore. I think Bloodline takes place about 6 years or so before TFA.

2. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016
    I wonder why Royal titles are losing their meaning. I'm guessing that royals were once powerful, I am not sure at what time though. Something must have caused them to lose power. I would imagine with the fall of the empire that Royals would have more power as things fall into chaos. Sort of like how local warlords start leading people after a state fails. The fact that Royals are still weak shows that the New Republic does have power and is using it. I remember in Bloodline that there seemed to be a distrust of authority and titles such as emperor, especially among Populus. Maybe that is the reasons why there was a decline in royal power? The people seem afraid of getting another Palpatine? Centralists might be more supportive of royal power.

Anyways Attack of the Clones.

Some things that stood out to me:

Anakin actually reminded me of Kylo Ren. Both of them killed father figures.
    Obi-Wan: Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?
    Anakin: Don't say that, master. You're the closest thing I have to a father.

They said that they were in agony.
    Anakin: From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask.
    [uncomfortable pause]
    Anakin: ... if you are suffering as much as I am, PLEASE, tell me.

Anakin stated a few goals. One that he wanted to become the greatest jedi ever and he wanted to stop people from dying. Could these be Kylo Ren's goals? Who would he want to save from dying? I'm guessing it was not his father. Maybe Kylo Ren has a late wife that he wants to bring back from the dead? Maybe Kylo Ren wants to live forever? Maybe Kylo Ren wants to bring Darth Vader back to life? Maybe we will get a chance to see what the Star Wars afterlife is like. I'm guessing that there is an abyss. In fact, while Han solo dies, it sort of looks like he is falling into the abyss.
    [​IMG]

Yet another thing that surprised me was that Windu thought that Count Dooku wouldn't assassinate anyone, even after he became a sith. I guess it shows that not all Sith are pure evil. I don't remember much about Dooku from the Clone War Series, but does anyone remember how evil/bad Count Dooku was?

3. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I think Mace was more inclined to believe that Dooku would never become a sith to begin with. "not in his character." Suggests he was a man of honor with a personal code, and while WIndu was wrong, you do see hints of honor in the Clone Wars series. He just felt by the end he was fulfilling a higher purpose which ultimately justified the evil elements.