main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1 Week away from dragon con, what are you doing for the last few days.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Darth_Feral, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark-Master-Jedi

Dark-Master-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    FYI:

Anyone that is coming from outside of Georgia or outside of Atlanta, may want to be wary of the long gas lines here. The prices are not the best either as some have been reported at $5 to $6 a gallon:_| in some areas of Georgia(although I personally have still seen gas going for less than $3 a gallon[face_shhh]). You may want to consider some way to get the gas that you need for your trip home early, as people in Atlanta seem to be frantically trying to buy up all of the gas:oops:.

My advice: Get the gas you need for your trip home as soon as you get here and be prepared to wait in a long line.;)

I just thought that I would give some "out-of-town D*Coners" some advice on their way into ATL for D*Con.:)

DMJ

2. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah, uh, I'm cancelling my last minute trip due to gas prices. Can't afford $200+ in gasoline for round trip.

3. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I just hope everyone who is flying in doesn't get stuck there. I read that the Airport is on a list of a few that are running out of Jet Fuel [face_worried]. Be safe everyone.

4. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    iycis, you're forgetting to pack me. ;)

5. EricT

EricT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Well, I'm back from DragonCon, suffering from post-con letdown (and probably a little bit of the "con cold", too!). Pics will be posted approximately within a week, or whenever I get around to it :), at my ImageEvent site (http://imageevent.com/erictank). If you see yourself in my pics, or if you recognize my costumes in yours, please contact me so we can trade copies.

Natasha, Jayne - sorry Lori and I missed you on Saturday night (though I at least got to see Natasha's Violet costume earlier Saturday evening - looked good!). We wandered for about 2 1/2 hours as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, in and around the Hyatt bar, until the high heels got to be too much for her to take and she had to go back and get out of costume. We got some good reactions, though - our first pic as The Incredibles was taken in the elevator on the way out from our rooms! People just absolutely loved the Jack-Jack doll, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's pics, when I have time to spend online looking at them all :).

Eric Tank
    SL-7171 Garrison Tyranus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.