main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq 10 Reasons why you should join the Dark Side

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    10. We have better ships, vehicles and
    weapons than the Rebels.

9. With all of the officers that Darth Vader
    chokes to death, there's always room for
    promotion.

8. Travel across the galaxy to distant and
    exotic planets, such as Tattooine.

7. You'll be stationed aboard the Death Star
    -- a state-of-the-art, indestructable space
    station the size of a small planet.

6. Enjoy ring-side seats at events such as
    Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi in the
    hangar of the Death Star.

5. Murder helpless Jawas and make it look
    like the Sand People did it.

4. Bleed information out of rebel prisoners
    with the aid of our infamous Interogation
    Droid.

3. Use the freezing chamber facilities at
    Bespin to make human ice cubes.

2. Girls love guys in uniforms.

1. Finally.......Join us or die!

2. TK-1276

TK-1276 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    Don't forget to give credit to the guy who created that list.... ;o)

Danny
    TK-1276
    www.join-the-darkside.com

P.S. - I'll soon be transferring from the Southern California Garrison to the Mountain Garrison by way of Las Cruces, NM. Duty and grad school calls!

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Awesome! Cruces is only a few hours away.

Oh, my contribution to the list:

11. Roasting ewoks over an open fire is a great way to spend the holidays...

4. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Danny
    My Bad! Kudos to the Stormtrooper who started that list! Welcome to our Fan Force and the Mountain Garrison!

Jess
    TD/TI-5151
    Mountain Garrison

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Quick promotional opportunities..if you don't choke and die first! (just ask Admiral Piett!)

Edit: Dang..just read number 9. My bad!

TK-1276:

Cool you're joining our region!!! And an Aggie too!
    What are you studying in grad school?

6. TK-1276

Mar 22, 2004
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

"Roasting ewoks..." I like that BrotherHalo! Haha.

Jess, your toy room and collection is sweet. I can't wait until I have a room just for Star Wars (and Indiana Jones).

Wook, I'll be studying geology. Someone has to study those mysterious rocks that are hurled by Ewoks and take out scores of Stormtroopers. I'm really looking forward to attending NMSU.

Danny
    TK-1276
    www.join-the-darkside.com

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    So when are you moving to the Land of Entrapment..I mean..Enchantment?

Just kidding..you should really enjoy NMSU. Had a great time there - good school/great college atmosphere as well. Too bad you sold your jeep! There's some great 4x4 trails out near the Organ mountains...

Great collection as well! I see you lean towards the "unopened package" line - quite a variety of opinion on that subject around here ... ;)

8. TK-1276

Mar 22, 2004
    I'll be moving out there at the beginning of August, right before the Fall semester starts in mid-August.

I'm buying another Jeep before I move out there because I know that I'll want to do a lot of exploring once I'm there. [face_clown] By the way, what did you major in when you attended NMSU?

The unopened package line is just until I have a "Star Wars room" to put all of the stuff in. I've actually considered three scenarios:

1. I get my Star Wars room and just leave my collection unopened.

2. I get my Star Wars room, put all of my unopened stuff in there, and each Christmas for about 5 years I open some of the toys until they've all been opened. Merry Christmas to me. Haha. ;o)

3. I get my Star Wars room, leave all of my stuff unopened and one day I give my entire collection to some young kid who loves SW and has always dreamed of having a cool collection (like I did when I was a kid)...I bet that would just make his/her day. [face_clown]

9. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am a little kid in need! :D

10. TK-1276

Mar 22, 2004
    LOL...good one, Gecko.

11. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yes...Gecko is definitely a child in need...just kidding! :p

I double majored in MIS and accounting (not really the most thrilling studies, but at least I got a job!

I would love to get a Jeep someday..a couple of friends of mine go every year to Moab..pretty crazy stuff they do there!

12. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    TK-1276---
    LAS CRUCES?
    Woohoo! I'm moving there this fall... but only as a freshman.

And geology, awesome- my stepdad got a degree (can't remember whether or not it was grad) from NMSU in geology! I also have a buddy who may be starting undergrad in geology next fall there.

13. TK-1276

Mar 22, 2004
    Wook, accounting is definately a good thing to know! Never having taken an accounting class, I now see how much I could benefit from such a course as I begin to plan and manage my finances. MIS...I could sure use a little expertise in that field as well. Then I could figure out what I did to mess up my web site yesterday! D'oh! LOL. I envy your friends - Moab is thee place to go for some awesome 4X4 trails and Utah has some really beautiful scenery.

Jaina, I'm glad to hear that there will be another fellow SW fan in Cruces. It sounds like you're surrounded by geogeeks like me. [face_clown] What will you be majoring in?

14. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    So Danny....are you going to hook up with the Mountain Garrison? We could sure use you here in NM. We are trying to get established as a squad here and we need everyone we can! ;)

Jess
    TD/TI-5151

15. TK-1276

Mar 22, 2004
    Gecko,

I'll definately be joining the Mountain Garrison! I probably won't submit my request to join until I actually move to NM in August.

16. Jaina313

Feb 18, 2004
    I am probably going to major in political science. Yes, I actually want to be a politician. *ducks the incoming rotten fruit* I am all about the House of Reps.

My next choice would have to be music education, although there's not a lot of money to be made there unless you're a Ph.D...

I'd like to double major, but those two aren't very much alike, now are they? We'll just have to wait and see.

17. TK-1276

Mar 22, 2004
    Hmm, a politician. You know how Master Kenobi feels about politicians..."She's a politician and they're not to be trusted." :D If you become a politician, you'll just have to promise to be a noble one. ;)

18. Jaina313

Feb 18, 2004
    I'll be Mon Mothma. Now there's a politician.

19. TK-1276

Mar 22, 2004
    Yeah, Mon Mothma was a pretty cool politician. What better way to defy the Emperor than to help create the Rebel Alliance and become the "Supreme Commander of the Alliance to Restore the Republic." With a job title like that, who needs a resume!? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.