Buff, NY 10 Year Anniversary Thread - Recaps

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BobaChris12, Jan 17, 2012.

1. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    As we move ahead in our 10 th year of The North Ridge, I thought we might want to not only document the year, but also look back to the past 10 years. Feel free to share your memories, funny stories, pictures, or any experiences you've had.
  2. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    10 years ago, the group was not yet formed.

If memory serves me correct, we appeared at a Niagara University hockey game in January around 2003. This was our lesson for first, why you don't follow my car when caravanning and second, that dueling on ice is not for the faint of heart.

Chalk up a hockey locker room as another unusual place that we've changed. Oh, the smell....
  3. BPStoyle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I didn't stumble upon the group until the summer of 2003. I was recently home from my first year at college, and wondered if there were any local fan groups to help fill up some of my free time that summer. Lo and behold, I found the forums, and joined the group.
  4. DarthSinistre Force Ghost

star 2
    I remember the IMAX event and also the NU event... My favorite was the "The 'Con' at the Summit". We were originally given a small (5 ft by 20 ft) no door, unlit dressing room until we commandeered a much larger and private area to change. It was nice as that we got to hang out with Dave Prowse and Felix Silla. Still remember the DJ repeatedly saying "Bob-Ah" Fett.
  5. myhale99 Force Ghost

star 4
    I remember when Chris and Co. were doing Star Wars trivia at the Regal Transit theater when I went to see Attack of the Clones on IMAX in 2001(?) 2002(?)
    Then it wasn't until the BPO concert on that snowy November night in 2005 that I hatched my evil plan by revealing that I had TK armor.
    72Princess likes this.
  6. JediHeadBanger97 Jedi Master

star 1
    I remember when Willian rubbed his face with a pancake after dueling practice 2 years ago
  7. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    If it wasn't for a chance meeting with Lisa at the Regal when Revenge came out I wouldn't be part of the group. I can say it was the oddest exchanges I have ever been apart of.

I remember my first event 1st dvd release of the original trilogy in 2005 at the Media Play on the Blvd. I also remember one of the worst events ever 1) Con Con at Summit Park Mall. The only positives were hanging with Dave Prowse and Felix Sila.

The first Bison's game appearance I did which was when the BPO was there and we had a huge rain delay. (go figure)
  8. quigonschuel Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I wasn't involved with The North Ridge at the time, but my first memories of the group were from the premiere of Ep. III - Revenge Of The Sith at the Market Arcade in downtown Buffalo back in 2005. What a birthday present that was for me (the premiere actually WAS on my birthday - May 19, 2005)!!!
  9. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Celebration III and the creation of the Orange Mafia!
  10. WookieeJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Remembering my attending the 2nd annual bisons game.....watching the dueling on the field thinking I soooooo want to do this.....mean while my friend next to me yells.."hey anakin has boobs" LOL
    later that nite I happened to find the North Ridge Table and chatted up with mindy.....I went to the recuitment meeting like a week later and the rest is history
  11. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I joined just a bit after Steve Lu--my first meeting was October or November of 2009. Kind of hard to believe I've been hanging out with all of you for three years now! I didn't know about the Bison's game when I joined but it has definitely been one of the highlights. Another great thing was being able to have people from the group with which to share Celebration VI. I joined in the hopes of finding some fun people who shared my love of Star Wars. The group has been way more fun than I ever could have dreamed.
    -Here's to another 10 years!
    72Princess likes this.
  12. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    Chris asking trivia question before IMAX:AOTC, and mom practically shoving Amanda and I out of our seats to go down and answer a question.
  13. Mother_of_the_Twins Force Ghost

star 5
    ...and aren't you glad I did??!? [face_tee_hee]
  14. Mother_of_the_Twins Force Ghost

star 5
    My highlights would have to be seeing Marty onstage during the BPO performance, and of course, my recent debut on the field at the Bisons game. Finally.
    72Princess likes this.
  15. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
    I have so many wonderful memories of my North Ridge family... [face_love]