main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive 100 ABY - The Force Cold War - Resource and OOC Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    *lies face down at the entrance of the RP where he was kicked out* Your characters are gonna be dying first [face_skull]

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    the sith CS is away... prepare for massive mayhem, insanity and murderous mischief...[face_devil]

:snoopy

3. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    I can't read the map either. Care to send me the fullsized map Sinre? I can add the positions of the two Templar Planets and upload it to my site so its not Shrunk.

4. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Chuckles, as soon as you come to get me, I can finish my training, I left it open ended on purpose.

5. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    rofl. I'll look forward to it. :p

Alright Brutus. I will. :)

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll send to you via email, Kahn, modifications and all. I used Paint, for prettiness. I can't seem it make it bigger, at my end. Darn Photobucket...

Now, guys, remember this is a Cold War. We're all pretending to be friends.

For what fighter a Jedi would have, I think the easiest thing to do is assume everything is in the pot - TwinTails from Legacy, which are supremely modern, and StealthX's and XJ7's from Legacy of the Force, which are starting to go out of fashion. By the time Legacy rolls around, the LotF things will be phased out, but at the moment they're still relevant.

So, whatever you want, unless it's a Krayt Sith vessel, as the One Sith are unknown to everyone. Beyond a couple of Dominion Sith who know of them, that is.

Easier for everyone if we have everything, methinks.

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    We're all pretending to be friends but that doesn't mean there won't be any accidents if one guy fails to notice the dagger in the other's sleeve [face_skull]

Sometimes I wonder why I never play Sith characters [face_thinking]

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I do too, myself.

So, it's a Cold War, I think we need a proxy war. I'll be making efforts to have the Bothans declare war upon the Hutts, as a Sith, and the rest of you can do as you see fit - prop up the Hutts, let the Bothans win, help them win, etc.

No overlap between each other as of yet, but it'll be interesting, methinks, as a start.

The Sith are going to be buggers, I must say. [face_skull]

9. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    That was my plan, to have the Sith be the pains in the butt to everyone else. :p

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    and things just got worse for the rest of the galaxy, i must say.

11. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    The templars will probably do what they usually do: Watch as the idiots kill each other, try and remove key players and sweep up the pieces afterwards. :p

12. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    lol. For some of the things we have in mind, the Templars may need to change the way they do thing. [face_devil]

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    *cackles maniacally*

14. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    http://vincentmikaru.twilightmainframe.net/Fleet/100%20ABY%20Force%20Cold%20War.jpg This map is bloody huge its like 2350x2250, its a big big image so i'm linking it not posting it as an image tag.

I didn't change anything that Sinrebirth already put, so Imperial, Sith, Alliance, and so on hasn't changed. The additions i did add were the Planets Anothelis and Gehenna (details to follow), and the TDS Space Station near Rhen Var along the Trade Route. I think each GM should put detailed information on their respective groups systems now. So I'll Start

"Templar Space"
    The Theralis Sector
    The Theralis sector lies in the unknown regions past Rakata Prime. The Templars discovered the system early in their existence while looking for possible places for Sekot to move to should the need arise. Of note at the time there was only Anothelis, the home world of the Therali, and now a Templar colony world. roughly 60 years ago the Templars discovered the Gehenna System, an old system with a white Dwarf. Tidal forces from the stars collapse destroyed most of the planets and only the Dwarf Planet of Gehenna Minor remains intact, though near totally frozen. Gehenna is rich in minerals but do to its frozen nature mining is very difficult. Light mining has only begun roughly 7 months before game start.
    Anothelis Lush world with many mountains and forests. Construction is currently ongoing of the Templar Colony here. Anothelis is the only world the Templars have a shipyard at, its small (during the time period this game is) and is otherwise no different than any other small shipyard. The Biggest ship it can produce can not exceed 1000 meters.
    GehennaGehenna was an unusual collection of Large Ice Asteroids and Mineral Rich Asteroids inside an Ice Vapor Nebulae. It is unsafe to travel the nebulae at faster than 20mglt without heavy particle shielding. The Templars have a research base called, Gehenna. The Base when completed will be large, 5 kilometers tall and nearly twice wide. The Docks can house a ship up to a Star Destroyer in size but normally just keeps small fighters and shuttles for research. The Field gets its light from a small White Dwarf named Gehenna Major, and the only existing main planetary body is Gehenna Minor, which houses a Research and Mining Colony. The Current status of the space station is 11% completed (as previously approved by Sinrebirth)
    TDS Perlemian Way Station Templar space station owned and operated under the guise of Templar Technical Defense Systems. Station was built using loans from various galactic banks and is being payed off Via secure credit transfers from various Templar Accounts to TDS then to the Banks. The Station is nothing special. A Kilometer in diameter, it has only 24 defense lasers. Its built to dock with, and occasionally repair cargo ships. For information on services available see my post in the game thread. Also, just cause their a shadow company, doesn't mean all their employees know who they really are.
    Mobus I'm not really sure why we have Mobus, Sinrebirth just kinda circled it. So, me and Dade conversed and decided its a way point of sorts for Templars to meet. There is a small Enclave there, but its more along the lines of a small observation post and rest area than an academy or temple.
    Zonama Sekot A living world, it does what it wants, when it wants. The Templars can't make it do a thing. It lets us live on it, in return we protect and maintain it. Zonama Sekot is capable of producing living ships on par with Vong Technology at a fast rate, however, The Templars do not own any ships produced by Sekot unless they purchase them. Chances are the Templars won't be able to use Sekotan Ships and weapons unless Sekot itself is in direct risk of attack. (We will maintain this rule. We will not randomly produce a large number of living ships. That would give us to much of an edge in this game. And thats not fun. Even if Sekot comes under attack we will not randomly have a huge amount of ships. We're cool like that ;) Dade Note: Unless someone tr

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Wooo for the semester finally being completely over!

And now, with the stress and school done, I REALLY need to kill something [face_hypnotized] Makes me want to create a very bloodthirsty Sith character that just wants to run around and kill things [face_skull]

16. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Isn't that every Sith character ever created? :p

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Not the kind of Sith that I was toying with where he's just a psychotic individual due to the torture brought about by the Vong and a piece of coral in his brain that not only causes him ever-lasting pain but also grants him some nice yorik coral to sprout out from his body [face_laugh]

Was thinking of having him go for some cannibalism as well. Now that's something that would scar young Jedi padawans and cause a whole mess of trouble for everyone [face_skull]

18. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Someone should make a Sith who's half Palpatine and half Kane from Command and Conquer.

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    No one would be able to do Kane's awesomeness justice [face_shame_on_you]

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    this. that'd be like trying to play chuck norris.

21. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Ew! I can just imagine like a piece of orange coral sprouting out of his shoulder like a small tree. Or out of his head making him lopsided coz of the weight of it. *shudders* Disgusting.

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Oh I see plenty of potential with this [face_laugh] Gotta find some fun when you're being outnumbered by little padawans. I think I'll sleep on it and see if I can add that bit of craziness to the party :cool:

Beware [face_skull]

23. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    rofl. At this rate, if the Sith can't conquer the galaxy, they could at least get rich by starting up a freak show. :p

24. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    I'm thinking about maybe taking a padawan, but I"m not completely sure. If your interested, PM me, and we will work on it.

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This made me think of the Borg from ST. I have no idea why, but it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.