main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 100% Chance of Happiness (Lando/Tendra MUSH vignette!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Sep 24, 2011.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: 100% Chance of Happiness
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: 40 ABY
    Characters: Lando, Tendra, Lando Junior
    Genre: Pointless Mush, Vignette
    Notes: I should be working on my other fics, I REALLY should be reading my textbook for poli-sci? but when a Lando bunny bites, it is rather annoying? Let?s get this over with. Forgive me for my horrible Lando characterization.

The galaxy was at war. His best friend?s son was the monster orchestrating it all. Another friend?s wife ? who was also a close friend ? was dead. Lando was directly connected to the powers ripping apart worlds.

And he didn?t give a damn.

For, before his 71 year-old eyes, was the most beautiful scene he had ever seen. His wife, Tendra, looked tired and weary as she lay in a med-center bed - but she wore a huge smile on her face. In her arms lay a dark-skinned, dark-eyed newborn in white pajamas, swathed in a blue blanket with a blue cap on his head. The newborn was less than an hour old, but already had a name: Lando Calrissian, Junior.

Lando, Senior ? gods, he hated the idea of having to now put that at the end of his name no, but Tendra had insisted on it ? was in the process of lightly bouncing a stuffed nerf, with a rattle inside it, on his son?s belly. Lando, Junior looked on with fascination.

?He?s an attentive one already!? the senior Lando exclaimed.

?Another trait he gets from his mommy,? Tendra retorted.

Lando rolled his eyes but continued grinning. He was glad all the doctors and nurses were gone; they kept asking him if he was the grandfather? or worse: the great-grandfather. But he was truly happy that the ordeal of labor was over and he could finally see his baby boy.

?Hey,? Tendra said softly after a few moments. ?You haven?t held him yet. Here,? she said, moving to give him their son.

He held out a hand to stop her. ?No, Tendra, you just went through all that so you could finally hold him in your arms. You can hold him for as long as your heart desires,? he said, kissing her on the cheek. ?Here, let me get you some water.? He got up and got her a glass and filled it with water.

When he returned, Tendra looked at him with critical eyes. ?Lando, are you afraid to hold him??

?No.? He was quick to answer, almost yelping the word. When Tendra eyed him, he repeated: ?No,? softer.

She rolled her eyes. ?You are. You are not going to drop him.?

?I know that.?

?Then why are you afraid to hold your son??

?I?m not afraid.?

?Then you just don?t want to.?

?No! Okay, fine. I?m afraid. Happy??

Tendra smiled smugly. ?Yup. I?ve never been happier,? she said, looking down at her son, before looking her husband in her eye. ?You?re afraid you are too old to be a father.?

Lando avoided her eyes. ?Yes. I?m 71. How am supposed to be his father when I am old enough to be his great-grandfather??

She sighed and sat up. ?Here, take your son. You need to be holding him when I tell you this.?

With shaking hands, Lando obeyed his wife and took his son. The baby fussed a bit, but once he was settled in his father?s arms, he gurgled and nuzzled his face into his father?s chest.

?There,? Tendra said, satisfied. ?He didn?t start crying. That is always a good sign.?

He looked up to scowl, but found it impossible. Lando, Junior had grabbed his father?s finger and was contently sucking on it.

?He loves you,? she continued. ?You are his daddy. He will love you no-matter how old you are. You will be his daddy no-matter what.?

Lando looked down to see his son, still sucking away. Junior stopped sucking for a moment to smile at his father. ?I?m a daddy,? he said with a smile.

Tendra nodded at a job well-done. ?Good. Now that we have established that, go brag to Han and let me sleep.?

Lando nodded. ?Sounds like an amazing plan,? he said before kissing her on the lips. He then turned to his son. ?Come on, Junior. Time for you to meet an old pirate. A real ship-stealing pirate!?

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I know not why I got back on again, but so glad I did. Loved this.

?He loves you,? she continued. ?You are his daddy. He will love you no-matter how old you are. You will be his daddy no-matter what.?

Lando looked down to see his son, still sucking away. Junior stopped sucking for a moment to smile at his father. ?I?m a daddy,? he said with a smile.

Tendra nodded at a job well-done. ?Good. Now that we have established that, go brag to Han and let me sleep.?

And this was my favorite part. Awwwww... [face_love] [face_laugh] [face_love]

Well done, Briannakin. :)

3. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011

?Then why are you afraid to hold your son??

?I?m not afraid.?

?Then you just don?t want to.?

?No! Okay, fine. I?m afraid. Happy??

Tehe. Poor Lando.

With shaking hands, Lando obeyed his wife and took his son. The baby fussed a bit, but once he was settled in his father?s arms, he gurgled and nuzzled his face into his father?s chest.

[face_love] Aww...

Lando nodded. ?Sounds like an amazing plan,? he said before kissing her on the lips. He then turned to his son. ?Come on, Junior. Time for you to meet an old pirate. A real ship-stealing pirate!?

:D Uh oh... probably shouldn't let Han corrupt him from too early an age... [face_laugh]

This was adorable. And such an underdone couple too, especially given how little we've seen of the family since Tendra had the baby in the first place. I'd sort of expect some more fanfic-ly speculation into the Calrissian household... glad you ventured that way!

I vote for more Lando. ;)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi! Very sweet and gently tender moment!

Daddy Lando is a treat and Tendra has a lot of sense LOL

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Such a wonderful piece, Briann! :D I'm glad you put aside your studies for a bit to give it to us.

He was glad all the doctors and nurses were gone; they kept asking him if he was the grandfather? or worse: the great-grandfather.

[face_laugh] This one cracked me up [face_laugh]

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Aww, loved this! Great to see a Lando-fic - and also to read this line of Tendra's:

Great job!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    This was a very sweet moment. :D

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    OMG, did Tendra and Lando have a baby in profic??? Well, I'm glad he has a son to carry his name but wow. I guess they really do age differently in the GFFA!!

Very sweet and I love your Lando. [face_love]

9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Love it - there is just not enough Lando fic around!

Tendra, especially, was great in this.

10. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I know how Lando feels. I was watching my kids play at the park a few years ago and some elderly woman said to me, "You have beautiful grandchildren." Ack! :eek: those are my kids! I went to the store and bought more hair dye.

11. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    :D

Love the image of Lando being scared to hold his baby, and then bringing him to brag to Han about. What an adorable and fun vignette.

12. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Cute little Lando moment!

13. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Lando really little sting.:D At such age for the first time becomes the father much gravely, but I certain he manages. But Tendra simply class![face_laugh]

[face_devil] Bel[face_devil]