main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

100 Little things to love about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Kiki-Gonn, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvermark

silvermark Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2001
    109) The tear running down Anakin's eye as he looks out the window, alone, in the Jedi Council room.

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    110) Padme's silouette when she's standing behind the column waiting for Anakin's return

3. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    111. Basiclly anything involving the Clonetroopers! Especially the one calling for a medic during the Battle of Utapau...that was a great little touch.

112. Temmura Morrison for doing an awesome job.

4. menttality

menttality Jedi Master

May 26, 2002

The feeling of vertigo as the camera pans down from the opening scroll into the space battle and falls right amidst the fighting.

5. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    114. Jimmy Smits final response to the clonetrooper. So dramatic, I can't tell exactly how I feel.

6. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    115. Palps, feet and butt in the air, falling backwards over his chair and looking completely un-Emperor-like. [face_laugh]

There's the shot of Yoda from that scene going around, where he's on the ground after Palpatine throws him against the wall, that says "owned." Where's the Palps-wearing-his-ass-for-a-hat version? :p

7. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    116. Continued feelings of vertigo all over Utapau. Gotta love it.

117. How seamless the Duel fits into the film. It's so climactic and important and it just fits so well. I was afraid it would be a showcase of effects that seemed to not work because it would be so outlandishly different. But no, it was perfect.

118. Seeing the Tantiv IV's other compartments.

119.Episode IV feels like more of a sequel now, and less like a starting position to view the saga. It feels like a big completed masterpiece to watch from I-VI now, and not IV-VI and then I-III.

120. That shot of clonetroopers on Kashyyk assembling on the beach reminds me of a shot out of a war film.

8. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    121. "There is still good in him."

So perfect. I'd never have dreamed these would be Padme's dying words.

9. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    122. Obi-Wan's look after Padmé said "You're going to kill him, aren't you?". It broke my heart.

10. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    123. The way Anakin stalks during the Mustafar duel. Strikes me as very Vader-like.

11. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    124. When watching the film yesterday, I realized that you can hear Anakin breathing quite loud when he is lying on slope after being burned.
    It's when the Emperor goes over to him and touches his forehead.
    It reminded me a lot of Vader's breathing.

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    125) Grievous' escape from the bridge of the Invisible Hand.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    126) "TRY not to upset him, Anakin. We have work to do." [face_laugh] Kenobi is teh r0x0r in this film.

127) I know everyone hates it, but I love it when Anakin and Obi-Wan go into the saber-twirl directly into a saber lock, then the simultaneous Force pushes. One of the coolest things I have ever seen.

14. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    128. Obi-wan hiding on Padme's ship to Mustafar, alike to how he hid on the Falcon going into the Death Star. Plus it looks like he's hiding in a toilet chamber. :p

15. TheUnknownSyn

TheUnknownSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
    129. As a follouw-up, sorry if this has been mentioned before - the little force gesture Obi-Wan uses to close that door on Padmé's ship.

16. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    When Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting in that tight corridor. Reminded me of when Vader and Luke fight in that tight corridor in ESB.

17. IceGambit

IceGambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    131. The single tear streaming down Vader's face after he kills the Federation leaders on Mustafar as he is gazing at the the sun.

18. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    132. "Anakin is the father isn't he? I'm so sorry"

133. Anakin readjusting his robes as Obi-wan says "oh it's you." I don't know why but I just love that part

19. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    134. The aliens in the background on the landing pad at Mustafar. Were those the same species as Greivous? They looked like him.

20. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    127) I know everyone hates it, but I love it when Anakin and Obi-Wan go into the saber-twirl directly into a saber lock, then the simultaneous Force pushes. One of the coolest things I have ever seen.

I was very apprehensive about this when 60 minutes first showed the footage but I love the way it's been cut. The twirling goes on long enough for you to get a sense of speed without it seeming too ridiculous.

21. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    135. When Obi-wan is leaving Utapau you can see Grievous' remains by the ship. nice continuity

22. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    136. The way the lava explodes right when Obi-wan and Anakin clash their lightsabers together---POWERFUL!

23. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    Owen and Beru staring at the horizon, looking at the twin sunset. It was as if they were looking at two sparks of hope for the future!

and... all of the new clones. Especially the ones riding the speeder bikes!

24. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I know everyone hates it, but I love it when Anakin and Obi-Wan go into the saber-twirl directly into a saber lock, then the simultaneous Force pushes. One of the coolest things I have ever seen.

No, I liked this part too. It really cemented that this was a battle between master and apprentice, using many of the same moves. This also brings me to...

138 After being knocked out by the mutual force-push Anakin moves clear across the control room in two huge leaps.

Ah, those bombad Jedi.

25. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    139. As sick as this sounds, I love the way Anakin disposes of Nute Gunray. The alien is spouting for mercy and Anakin just quickly cuts him down, as if saying "SHUT UP".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.