main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

100 Little things to love about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Kiki-Gonn, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    RebelScum, I noticed Anakin taking the stairs two at a time as well. I thought it was a subtle way to illustrate how Anakin was trying to hard to impress and win over not just Obi but the Council in general. All the subtle non verbals in this movie is really astounding.

I so need to see this movie again....

2. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Dunno if it's been said, but...

171. The sun reflecting off of the Star Destroyer in the OSB

3. -diVe-

-diVe- Jedi Master

Jan 15, 2002
    Not sure if this one's been said.

172. Raining on Coruscant (One of my favorite parts.)

4. Spare_Parts

Spare_Parts Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    173. The super battle droid saying "my eyes, my eyes" when R2 squirts him with oil.

(Rebelscum77 - thanks for explaining. nice one!)

5. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    ^^^ [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

174. The lights below Anakin/Vader's operating table forms the Imperial Seal.

6. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    175. The way Sidious ignites his lightsaber vs. Yoda, Old West quickdraw style.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    176. Mas Amedda in the scene where Yoda walks in and pwns the Red Guards.

He must be thinking, "oh my god, this is going to get ugly" [face_laugh]

I'm surprised we can't see his knees shaking in that scene.

8. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    177. The heartbreaking look of pure agony that Anakin gets on his face when he first catches on fire.

178. The way you can see every little scar and imperfection on Hayden's face in the Opera scene with Palpatine.

9. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    179. Obi-Wan waiting a few seconds before he jumps down behind General Grievous on Utapau

180. "Have faith my love." The way Anakin says that is really creepy and scares me

181. Anakin regaining his balance after jumping over to Obi-Wan's platform on Mustafar

182. Anakin dropping his lightsaber when Mace have just been killed

10. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    183. Obi-Wan: Did I say anything? I didn't say anything! [face_laugh]

184. The scream of anguish Anakin lets out as he is killing the Separatists.

11. -diVe-

-diVe- Jedi Master

Jan 15, 2002
    " 184. The scream of anguish Anakin lets out as he is killing the Separatists."

I don't remember that. It seemed like he was so calm and collective. However, I've only seen the movie once. So I probably just missed it. I can't wait to see it again.

12. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    185. The way it makes the large man sitting next to me cry like a little girl

13. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    186. Anakin forcing himself to look angry at the younglings

187. Padme biting her finger whenever she's very conflicted (right after Anakin leaves for Mustafar, right after Palpatine declares the Empire)

188. Padme grabbing her belly the second Anakin says he saw her die in childbirth

189. Obi-Wan patting 3PO on the back as he walks up the ramp after defeating Anakin

190. Mace's reaction when Obi says Anakin has never let him down :p

- O_F

14. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    191. That fact that Anakin can hold up himself, Obi-Wan and Palpatine with ONE hand, while talking to R2 with the other (in the elevator shaf)t.

192. The way Anakin sits aganist the edge of the couch, looking out at Coruscant, after he's had the nightmare.

15. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Quote I may be the only one to say this, but...

103) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You're not the only one. It was the final death cry of Anakin Skywalker. Bad as he'd been, there was still a noble goal at the center of it all, that had driven him to the atrocities -- he loved Padmé so much he was willing to turn his back on nearly everything else he'd lived for. To learn that he'd given it all up for NOTHING in the end...come on, naysayers. That's a primal scream moment. You're just upset because your precious image of Darth Vader as the baddest villain in the universe has been revealed as a heartbroken, traitorous wifebeater.

And guess what? ALL VILLAINS ARE, IN THEIR OWN WAYS, AT THEIR CORE JUST AS PATHETIC. End Quote

I agree with this. Im glad a couple of you agree. I love that he screams Nooooooooo and then we hear the exact same thing from his son Luke in ESB Noooooooooo. Its great, because in the PT Anakin is a badass, but hes very hotheaded and impatient and everything. In the OT he is cool and calculating and still a badass. The Noooo is the like he is signing off from reality. Thats the last ounce of emotion he will ever show. Until his son shows up. Its devestatingly sad.

anyway, my turn?

193. Here's where the fun begins/Oh I see it. Oh this is going to be easy. My favorite part of the whole movie. The Banter between Obi and Ani for the first 20 min or so.

16. menttality

menttality Jedi Master

May 26, 2002
    194) The preparatory way Anakin and Obiwan shed their exterior robes before every big duel. Another Lucas homage to the old intense Samurai battles.

17. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    195. Nute Gunray's reaction the Grievous relocating the Seperatists on a Lava Planet out of safety reasons

196. Obi Wan betting the Boga to keep it quiet

197. The Clone Wars Shorts inspired rope lowering into battle action the Clone Troopers are pulling

198. Those Mustafar workers as they see Anakin and Obi Wan fight

18. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    199. Anakin flinching when Palpatine says "Including your friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi" in his little anti-Jedi speech

200. Anakins emphasis on "more" in his "I'm not the Jedi i should be" moment

201. Padme fidgeting with Anakins hair as she walks past him

- O_F

19. TurnedJedi

Aug 7, 2002
    202. The rebel fanfare when Artoo zaps the buzz droid.

203. The sounds (voices?) of the vulture droids.

20. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    204. Anakin saying "Pain. Suffering. Death." while telling Yoda about his dreams. In AOTC, when Yoda has his vision of Anakin, he's in the same room, sitting in the same chair, and says those same three words to Mace. Genius. :)

21. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    ^^^ I'm glad you mentioned that, I meant to, but I forgot.. nice parallel

205. Palpatine about Dooku "He was too dangerous to be kept alive." Mace about Palpatine "He's too dangerous to be kept alive."

206. The way Yoda looks so heartbroken as baby Luke and/or Leia bawl while Padme finally dies.

22. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    207. Beru [face_love]

23. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    208)"Is he bringing any reinforcements?", "He didn't saaay"

24. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    189. Obi-Wan patting 3PO on the back as he walks up the ramp after defeating Anakin

I liked that a lot. It's as if he's comforting C3PO after just destroying his "maker."
    That sequence was so heartbreaking: Obi-Wan's final words to the ruined Anakin, the interaction with 3PO, Padme asking if he's okay, and finally Obi-Wan covering his face as the ship flies away.

209. Grievous' formal little bow to Sidious' hologram.

210. WOOKIES!!!

211. I'm sure this has come up already but despite how unbelievably tragic the movie had become, hearing James Earl Jones' voice Darth Vader again was magnificant.

25. TurnedJedi

Aug 7, 2002
    And hearing him say "Padmé" just brough it all together. Anakin and Vader fit together. Beautiful, but sad. A wonderful way to bring the character to a close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.