main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

100 Little things to love about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Kiki-Gonn, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    212. Mace's "after you" gesture to Palpatine after the crash landing. Boy, does he not like Palpatine.

213. Obi-Wan's "he will not let me down. He never has.", and Mace and Yoda's grim ambivalence towards Obi-Wan's faith in his student.

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    214. Anakin to Padme, "we're not going to worry about anything." So sweet and so sad.

215. And while we're at it... Hayden in that scene period. He makes me feel like melting into a puddle of goo on the floor. That smile is killer. And again, it just makes the whole damn thing so much sadder.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    One of my favorite parts, to follow up on what you said, Amanda, is right after Anakin has told Padme about his dream/vision.

Padme starts to panic a bit, freaking out about how she'll have to retire as a Senator, and Anakin will be kicked out of the Jedi Order, both of which are pretty serious things.

And Anakin has this distracted look, and he kind of pats her hand and says "yeah yeah, I know", but you can tell he's already thinking way beyond her fears. Great scene, great acting by both of them.

4. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    216. Anakin falling to his knees and pledging himself to Sidious. He just looks so drained, like he's just falling apart and doesn't know what else to do. Great acting by Hayden.

5. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    217. Ki-Adi-Mundi's "C'mon on!" to 'his' Clonetroopers, the look on his face is heartbreaking when the Clones stop running

Brilliant, i'm not afraid to admit i cried both the first and second time i saw this....okay maybe i am a little scared

- O_F

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    It's okay O_F, you'd have to be a robot not to get at least a little choked up during that scene.

To add to what Dustin said:

218. Anakin's written-in-stone "you die in childbirth" and Padme's immediate reaction "and the baby?" Beautiful. Their serious scenes are great, I wish critics could just get over the romance scenes (with the exception of the 1st one), because the dialog isn't their fault.

7. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    219. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Palpatine's, "No...no...NO[/]!" at the window with Mace is really starting to freak me out.[face_worried]His voice changing as he's saying that line is really spooky. I'll be at work and all of the sudden that scence pops in my head, like Palps is haunting me...:eek:.

220. Same action sequence. As soon as Anakin chops off Mace's hand, Palps smiles at Anakin briefly, as if a proud parent(hmmm...), and then quickly looks back at Mace and has that evil "I'm going to kill you now!" look at Mace. Very wicked.[face_devil]

8. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    221. I enjoyed watching Mace's "no wasted movement" fighting style again. I'd kinda forgotten about it after AOTC, but it was immediately recognizeable again in ROTS. Even when his lightsaber is lit, I still look at Mace. When anyone else's lightsaber is lit, I look at the saber (except suited Vader).

9. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    222. The rumble when Anakin/Vader chokes Padmé. The same sound as in ANH.

10. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    223 - The way Padme suggests Anakin and she should look for Obi-Wan's help about Anakin's premonition, and Anakin's glare as a reply before answering.

11. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    224: Right after Vader's helmet is sealed, the pause before the breathing. I love it.

225: The way Chewie and Tarrful help Yoda after seeing his troops turn on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.