main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

100 Things I love about Phantom Menace

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by rogue-padawan, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Very nice! I especially liked the "Darth Maul kicks everybody" bit... he does doesn't he.

No one mentioned Qui-Gons "The ability to speak doesn't make you intellegent"
    I might of mis-quoted but I think that line is hillarious and VERY true (we can gander at the bashers for a good example... zing!) ;) .

2. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    C3-PO's "I don't think this floor is entirely stable" - and see him wobbling. [face_laugh]

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Yeah, I always wondered if that was a post-production joke from Daniels, referring to the rather jerky movements of the early Threepio.

4. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    O.K., specific moments I like:

Qui-Gon cutting his way through the doors. Truly an iconic moment.

Jar-Jar's introduction. Hey, I like the Gungun!

Journey to Otah-Gunga and the council scene with Boss Nass. To me, it's just quintessential Star Wars.

Journey through the planet core. Very mysterious and visually interesting.

The Jedi casually slicing and dicing battle droids to free the Queen. I love Qui-Gon's low-key comment: "Your highness, I suggest we leave the streets." Pure class!

The droids getting blasted off the hull of the Naboo cruiser. As AdamBertocci says, "Droid abuse is always funny!"

The introduction of Mos Espa. It's just otherworldly that it's brilliant.

The podrace. I'd put the podrace up against the Death Star trench run for pure excitement any day.

The Republic senate. Fascinating stuff all around and beautiful visuals.

Palpatine's manipulations. The guy is so smooth it's disgusting (I especially love his expression when the Queen prepares to denounce Valorum.)

The saber duel. Stunning.

Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul: brilliant choreography.

Obi-Wan cradeling a dying Qui-Gon in his arms. A poignant and bitter sweet moment.

Obi-Wan: "I will train Anakin, without the council's approval if I must."
    Yoda: "Qui-Gon's defience I sense in you. Need that you do not!"

The funeral pyre. A hauntingly beautiful and sad scene.

Anakin: "What's going to happen to me now?" Great delivery from Jake Lloyd. The sadness, confusion, and uncertainty is clearly evident.

Palpatine: "And you, young Skywalker, we'll be watching your career with *great* interest!"

The end celebration. The good guys won! Or did they? ;)

5. grakogator

grakogator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2003
    As Darth Maul's ship heads for Tattoine;the Tie-Fighter-esque noise it makes,the stabbing darkness of the score and the sight of Darth Maul searching for the Jedi in the desert night is just gripping as hell!!!All helping to build towards the first confrintation between the Sith and Jedi in a millenium......awesome!!!

6. Heavenly_Angel

Heavenly_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    i'm gonna put all my 100 reasons into one: it's just a GREAT movie and an AWESOME story! all the charactors are so interesting and it's one movie that you can always relate to real life. and again, it's nature for a star wars fan to like all the episodes. :)

7. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    2. The captains voice, she's kinda hot

THE CAPTAIN IS A SHE?!? I ALWAYS THOUGHT SHE WAS SOME LITTLE BOY! 0_0

8. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    It grows on you, like a comfy shirt, now a part of our body and soul. :) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.