main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The only games I had perfect GS on were CoDIV and Halo 3. Then those bastards at Bungie gave us around 20+ new more achievements for Halo 3, more than half of those unattainable (some of 'em will be impossible too) until their Mythic expansion and ODST comes out who knows when.

2. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Well i can finally joined the 1000/1000 club - with Fallout 3 - although admitedly the only real hard one was the 'Nuka Cola Challenge' imo. Gives me a total of 16,360 - currently working on Lego Batman; and Mirror's Edge.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I admit that the first thing I do when I start a new game is to check the achievement list and figure out how to get those achivements.

4. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    As do I. I just need around 300 to get over 20,000.

5. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Currently working on Fallout 3; only need the "reach this level with this karma" achievements, so I'm starting over for that. Looking forward to the DLC, too.

Anyways, Gamer Card.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Card.

I have officially 1000'd Guitar Hero II twice. [face_tired]

7. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    Just 1000'd Lego Batman, giving me 16,650 total. Think I will probably focus on the other Lego games for now, the acheivements are slightly easier... anyhow, card.

8. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    I couldn't get "the complete the level without dieing" on the vehicle missions in lego SW 2.

9. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    Seems like i spoke the truth - got the last couple of Indiana jones acheivements i needed now, giving me 1000/1000.

10. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I've got to say, Achievements are the driving factor behind my World of Warcraft play habits at the moment. Currently sitting at 3970 on my Death Knight, and I still have most of the Classic and Burning Crusade instances left; that's going to be 420 points there from what I have left. And I'm getting really close to Glory of the Hero (ugh, three Oculus achievements left), and Glory of the Raider (3-drake OS10 is all I need that's hard).

11. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    You've really gotta hand it to Microsoft. For all the stick they get for not innovating, Xbox Live and its achievements have really changed the games we play now. PS3 has trophies, and even PC games are building achievements right into game design (like Left 4 Dead).

For such a seemingly meaningless concept, it's really taken off.

12. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I agree. Short of some seriously stupid achievements (say, for instance, "play the whole game without dying" [don't know if that's real]), I think achievements really help give games new life and entice players to do things they normally, likely, wouldn't do. Say in Fable II where you can get an achievement for getting three villagers drunk; normally I wouldn't waste my time messing with villagers and giving them booze. But with an achievement, it seems like it's worthy of time.

Sure it's nothing but an ego-trip, but it's also fun. Gives players something to work at, beyond the end of the a game.

13. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    Bioshock; Brass Balls - "Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber"

14. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Eh, a lot of people play Bioshock with the Vita-Chambers off. There was a bit of an uproar when the game first came out, many people thought the Vita-Chambers made the game too easy.

15. RC-11

RC-11 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2008
    Currently I don't have 1000/1000 in any thing but I will soon in 007:Quantum of Solace, I have 48 of 50 achievements and 965/1000. My gamer score is 17 246.

16. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    Finally got the 1k on Lego Star Wars TCS; after replaying it three times! The only issue I found was the Challenge on Episode 6, Chapter 6 - it takes 5 minutes to get past the opening section due to the lack off picks ups; especially proton torps!

Also got the 1100 on Fallout 3, completed the DLC today.

17. SYKO

SYKO Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2001
    I've got 1000/1000 in Silent Hill Homecoming and The Force Unleashed haven't picked up the Jedi Temple for that yet.

18. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Just got 1100/1100 for Fable II. :D

It's the second only game I've got 100% on.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Just 1000/1000'd Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action, bringing my total number of 100%'d games to two (Guitar Hero II being the first).

20. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    I have 1000/1000 in Civilization Revolution

and

1220/1220 in Star Wars TFU

Got close in Viking, Superman, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

21. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    1000/1000 for CoD4. Working on L4D (need Zombie Genocidest, Nothing Special, and Lamb 2 Slaughter) and Fallout 3 (bobbleheads).

22. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    You people are insane. Seriously. I can not do that.

23. Maarek-Stele

Maarek-Stele Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2006
    I still need Mile High Club.

One day.

24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm working on 1000/1000 for Fallout 3. It's difficult to do because of the different karma levels you need for some of the achievements.

25. Maarek-Stele

Maarek-Stele Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2006
    For that, I've been saving a bit before hitting one of those levels and then going back to kill people in Megaton to hit neutral or evil, then heading out to hit raiders 'til I hit the level. Repeat as necessary.