main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Dear God...the Garden Gnome.

I started lugging the gnome around, but then I read that there's no real way to safely transport it in the buggy...you basically have to drop it on the floor and hope for the best, while you drive rrreeeaaaally slowly.

And every time you hit a bump, the gnome falls out, and you have to stop and search for it. It almost wasn't even worth the 30 Achievement Points.

(Found out later that the gnome stayed almost in place during my run when you stash it underneath an ammo box. It didn't last long, though, thanks to the ***hole choppers that chase you later on -- those ****wads even shoot it out of your hands when you try place it back in the car.)

I finally stuffed that little bastard into the rocket ship, and fired it straight into the sun. At least, that's where I hope it went.

EDIT: "I Played Through Half-Life 2 Holding a ***damn Garden Gnome."

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    And the worst part of the gnome-carrying ordeal are those levels where you're absolutely sure that the slightest misstep/mistake/what have you will lose you the gnome forever. I remember this part right before reaching the White Forest base where you had to make your car/buggy take a veritably suicidal, General-Lee-style leap across a wide chasm. I was absolutely certain I'd lose the damn thing right then and there. Miraculously, though the gnome HAD fallen outta the car, I managed to find it a short distance away (the damn thing is nearly indestructible, so much so that if you bump or jump against it, it could literally send you flying right off the map).

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Finally went back and got 1000/1000 on Lego Indiana Jones. Getting through the 50 enemy access points for "This is how we say goodbye in Germany" took FOREVER. I ran through the Motorcycle Escape level at least a dozen times to get it.

4. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    What level did you use for the super scream achievement?

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The easiest one for me was the blimp level on Last Crusade, since there are breakable glass things available right away as you start the level.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I got the super scream one months ago and to be honest, can't remember what specific method I used. I think it just happened naturally from going through each level thoroughly trying to find all the treasures.

7. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Since the PS3 version of The Force Unleashed only recently got a patch to include trophies, I've been replaying it in order to get myself a Platinum. Just need to grab 5 or so more holocrons and kill a good 400 or so enemies with a lightsaber throw and 100% is mine. :D

Sith Master difficulty really was a headache though, especially fighting Proxy/Maul [face_frustrated]

8. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I found Kazdan Paratus to be tougher than Maul. Maul was a pansy by comparison. Dash + slash takes him down easily.

9. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    I finally got my whip grabs, whip disarms, screams, and enemy access achievements. 1000/1000

Also, 200/200 on BF 1943.

10. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Kazdan is tough to beat on any difficulty, I just found myself hopping around like a maniac popping lightning whenever I had the chance for him. Maul blocks pretty much everything though and if you make the wrong move at the wrong time he pulls out his 'combo that lasts for 5 years and you cant escape from' and its game over.

Ended up just blocking everything and using force repulse straight after when his guard was down. time consuming but effective.

11. Avian005

Avian005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2009
    1000/1000 for Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. By the end of this day I should have Halo 3: ODST done too.

12. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I have/had 1000/1000 on I believe 8 games but then the DLCs would come out and mess those scores up...currently I only have 3 completed thanks to that.

I'm finishing a few games right now and have a couple I rented from Gamefly that I could just rent again and get the last 1 or 2 cheevos (like Lego Batman when I defeated Catowman as Robin instead and didn't get the cheevo for finishing her, Joker, and someone else as Batman only), but those few don't keep me up at night.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    It shouldn't be much longer until I 1,000 Guitar Hero 5, which would make that my third GH to complete (the other two being 2 and Aerosmith, both of which I've completed twice on two different profiles). I've tried multiple times to push through Lego Batman and get all the achievements for it, but that game is so boring I always give up before I get very far. I can live without it on my completed list.

Another one I'm pursuing is the DLC for Prince of Persia. After grinding through quite a few tedious hours to 1,000 the base game (which involved muting the TV and tuning my mp3 player to Band of Horses), I purchased the Epilogue over XBL. While very frustrating, it's doable with some patience. Should have it soon.

14. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I worked on that one cheevo for like a day straight in the Zeppelin/Holy Grail level and it never opened, probably some operator error (ha). So I let that one go for a while...it was bugging me.

15. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I just got 1000/1000 on Silent Hill: Homecoming. Wasn't very difficult at all.

16. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Oh achievements, few understand the draw of them to me. It's slightly addictive really, seeing that notification pop up. Currently working on the L4D2 achievements, if anyone is interested in working on some as well let me know.

17. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Oooh, forgot this thread. Since the last time I posted I managed to get that Force Unleashed platinum, and I recently got the platinum for Assassin's Creed 2 as well. Finding all the feathers proved to be much easier than I had expected.

Currently I'm occasionally working on the MW2 platinum (damn you Echo spec op challenges!) and the COD Classic platinum (game is a lot easier than I remember it)

18. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    I think the most I have is on Fallout 3 at 650 or so. Completing set tasks that often require monotonous actions, long hours, and a great deal of frustration sounds a whole lot like work to me. When I play through a game and get them, they are fun little surprises and I thought the gnome challege was hilarious even though you'd have to have way too much time on your hands. I'd say the Orange box had the most interesting, searching the map for tokens or flags or computers doesn't seem all the fun to me. I don't need those to explore, if they created an interesting world I'll just do that on my own.

I actually like it that most games don't have them for MP, I like MW2's system of giving you titles and goals to get more MP points. It makes you try out new guns and different tactics.

19. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Got 1000 in Assassin's Creed 2, not terribly hard. But since it's been brought up, just how DO you beat Kazdan Paratus on Sith Master difficulty? I never could do that, at least not without beating the game on another difficulty first and coming back with a powered up Apprentice.

20. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't mind some achievements for multiplayer, it gives them something else to shoot for after all. I just dislike when a large portion of the achievements are multiplayer based (i.e. something like Halo 3). It basically shows that if you don't devote your life to playing only multiplayer on that game, you can pretty much kiss a large gamerscore from that game goodbye.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ain't that the truth. The one achievement in the way of a perfect 1750/1750 on Halo 3 just happens to be MP based ("Pull") and, at least for me, seems ridiculously hard. Same thing for ODST's Firefight achievements; you gotta wait around and post around on Bungie net asking for strangers to help you out since all your friend list contacts are now playing something else. I wish I had kept Fallout 3 and Assasins Guild 2; I was very close to perfect scores on those two but some of the remaining achievables seemed so time-consumingly tedious I just gave up on 'em.

22. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    One of the proudest moments for my achieving whoring days was getting Perfection which allowed me to get the Save This Film achievement :D Probably not that hard to get as all it really takes is a game where you're against a team of noobs but I was still jumping at shadows while I hid in a corner on Assembly with the rocket launcher while my friend stood guard, waiting for the match to end [face_laugh]

One that probably should've been easier to get but wasn't was Post Mortem. It seemed like it was so easy to get death from the grave medals all the way back in the Beta but I guess Bungie had patched it in the final version to make it more difficult. And then, of course, you had to hope that the matchmaking put you on Orbital. So many moments where'd I get one death from the grave but just couldn't get that second one x.X

Fortunately, when ODST came out, I've had my group of friends that I had to get the achievements for that game. We still needed a fourth person for the Endure achievement and I actually had to ask....my brother. The guy who doesn't play video games as much as I do and likes those GTA and Saints Row games. The kind of guy that would run out to face the Covenant Horde by himself and get slaughtered. While we managed to get the Deja Vu achievement with him, he had some problems when it came to Firefight. Yeah...that didn't work so we finally went on GameFaqs, posted an ad for anyone that wanted to help us, and got it that way.

Despite most of the idiots that tend to populate GFAQs, the guy we managed to nab was a pretty good guy. Stayed back like we told him, only went out to get weapons and ammo, and all around a nice guy to communicate with. Alpha Site I found to be the best level to get Endure. Just hide inside, there's only two entrances that the Covenant come through which allows you to snipe the Jackals and Grunts with your pistol, and in the middle is your killzone for whatever manages to make it that far. The Chieftains, of course, are the only problem but there's no freakin' Engineers that give everyone boosted shields! :p

It was a proud day when I downloaded Halo Waypoint, had it scan my achievements, and got all those rewards for what a good job I did!

........And then I saw that it was also counting Halo Wars.

....Daaaammmmmn....

One day I'm sure I'll get around to it but...oy, RTS on consoles :oops: I got it a while ago, played a couple levels, and then got bored and never played it again. *sigh* Ah well.

23. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Recent completions: Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5 (rhythm games are obviously my forte :p). I did have Borderlands completed, but now I have one last achievement to get for the DLC, and it's a tedious one (collecting brains for Zombie TK Baha). Pretty sure I have 900+ for Band Hero (terrible soundtrack, easy cheevos), but the fact that NO ONE is playing that game online makes the remaining achievements pretty darn difficult. :p

24. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Just got 1015/1015 in Mass Effect 2.

That makes it my third game to get 100% with. Although I only have two now, thanks to Fable II adding more achievements. [face_frustrated]

25. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Got 100% on Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Assassin's Creed 2, and Modern Warfare 2. On Arcade games I've 100% on Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Battlfield 1943, and Call of Duty Classic. When I go through Mass Effect 2 on Insanity I'll have finished that one as well.

Actually, I have every Halo game achievement except for the Halo Wars DLC, and their General rank achievement on Live. I figure that'll take waaay too long, and HW isn't a game I play enough to justify buying DLC for, so that's probably as far as I'll go with it.