main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    I might actually get close for ME2. I have everything except some of the specific ways to kill people achievements and completing it on Insanity. I don't really care about killing so many enemies with so and so power so I'll probably just ignore that and try and beat it on insanity.

2. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Just 100% on L4D2 (until the DLC comes out anyway).
    ...almost done with L4D1 now.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    If you play the game strategically minded and don't simply shoot every enemy you see, you'll probably get those achievements without any extra effort (e.g. if you see an enemy with armor, it's smart to use Incinerate not just to build towards a cheevo).

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Just got 100% on Mass Effect 2 (until DLC comes out of course). Prior to that, Assasin's Creed 2 and Halo:eek:DST.

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Bump.

Just got 1550/1550 on Fallout 3 (took me long enough I guess...)

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Fallout 3 was a blast to 1550.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I actually got Platinum for Fallout 3 today...I just have Mothership Zeta/Point Lookout/Broken Steel left.

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, most definitely. I had to DL Point Lookout because that was the one DLC I had not played before. But other than that the other cheevos I was missing were the collectibles for MZ and The Pitt (what a pain in the arse those were) and, last but not least, the 50 speech challenge, er, challenge. Considering how easy it is to get that one on a first playthrough, I'm kinda ashamed I didn't nail that one ages ago. I guess I didn't care too much to put points into speech when levelling up.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Bumping it up again.

1750*/1750 on Halo 3. The asterisk is there because, well, a few of those cheevos I didn't earn entirely legit [face_frustrated]. I'm glad though that the last one I was missing (Pull) I did earn legitimately, though.

Now bring on Reach!

10. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Kudos. I haven't been doing much achievement whoring lately. I think my most recent completion was the ridiculously easy Backyard Football '10. And no, I didn't play it just for the achievements, I'm a longtime fan of the series going back to Backyard Baseball 2001, which I still play every once in a while. Good, light fun.

11. RC-11

RC-11 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2008
    I haven't been playing for achievements for a while but I just bought LOST: Via Domus for $10 from a friend and got 1000/1000 by beating it once. So now I have a 1000/1000 in The Bourne Conspiracy, 007: Quantum of Solace and in LOST: Via Domus. My total gamerscore is now 28 523.

12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I have 980 on Red Dead Redemption, just working on getting to Level 50 in multiplayer. Not having broadband at home kinda slows down my progress. :p

13. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I finally got 100% in After Burner last week. Now to get 100% of medals to get my avatar helmet.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    My 1000/1000 games (not including any DLC):

Oblivion
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Halo 3
    Silent Hill Homecoming
    Fallout 3
    Lego Batman
    Lego Indiana Jones
    Dead Rising
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Lost Via Domus

Unfortunately, I don't have decent enough Internet now to be able to compete on Xbox Live, so there's a lot of achievements I can't get for the moment.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    My list is far too small but I'm proud of it nonetheless:

Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Mass Effect 1
    Mass Effect 2
    Fallout 3
    Assasins Creed 2
    Call of Duty 4: MW - Especially proud of this one, since IMO "Mile High Club" is the mother of all 'cheevos.

16. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I've got platinum on Tony Hawk Ride & Just Cause 2...so very close on Lego Rock Band, but I'll never be able to play the Final Countdown guitar solo on expert. :\

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Yeah, that achievement/trophy is ridiculous with Rock Band's HOPO timing window. Played it once and gave up.

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Recently 1000'd Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (boy was that a chore) and 200'd UNO, which was quite a bit of fun. The achievements may have had something to do with my purchase of it, but I legitimately enjoy that game. :p

19. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm rezzing this thread just to say that in my absence I obtained 1000/1000 on five games!!! Woohoo!!!

Mass Effect 1
    Mass Effect 2
    Dead Space
    Fallout 3
    Assassins Creed 2

ACII was frustrating, the Mass Effect achievements were just too easy but Dead Space and Fallout 3 were just absolute joys to complete. :)

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    With the exception of Dead Space (never played it), I've 1000/1000'd on those other games as well. And yes, getting 1550/1550 on Fallout 3 was definitely a joy.

The only other games I've beaten to submission as far as 'cheevos goes are Halo 3, ODST and Reach.

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    If I had Gold I probably would have maxed out the Halo games too, unfortunately I'm stuck with the single player achievements.:_|

22. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    The only games I've 100% are: Oblivion and Call of Duty 4.

My Halo: Reach gamerscore is almost 1000/1000, but the new map pack came out with a couple of more achievements.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh yeah, forgot Call of Duty 4 too. IMHO, if you get Mile High Club, getting any other 'cheevo in any other game is simply cake. I've never tackled a mosre challenging and difficult cheevo since.

24. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    True pill. Glad I got it all that time ago. :p

25. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    There should be a list of people who got Mile High Club in a Guinness Book of World Records or something like that.:p I don't even remember half the story for CoD4, but I still remember every centimeter of that dreaded plane for Mile High Club.