main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Update:

Currently working on Borderlands (GOTY with all expansions) and currently have 58/80 at 72% complete. Some of these achievements are a grind.

Assassins Creed - 100%

Assassins Creed II - 100%

Star Wars Lego III The Clone Wars - 100%

Star Wars Lego Complete Saga (One more Achievement and driving me nuts because it's hard to get)

Velvet Assassin - (3 more achievements)

Halo Reach (2 more achievements that are non DLC, 8 DLC ones remain - which I hate)

Mass Effect 2 - (5 more achievements total, including the DLC achievements)

The Force Unleashed (4 more achievements)

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    There's an interesting achievement in Crysis 2 that seems a little strange to me, I guess. You get the achievement for playing the multiplayer at least 6 months after you first play the multiplayer. The game was released at the end of March, so anyone who preordered or got it on shortly after released and hopped on the multiplayer straight away will get it at the end of September, which is when I'll probably be getting it. The multiplayer is great so I plan to keep playing and not just hop on the pick up the achievement, but I can see lots of people doing that.

Another thing that's odd is that DLC achievements are automatically added to the core game ones. I've always thought that they should be separate unless you buy the DLC. I won't get all the Mass Effect achievements because I don't have Pinnacle Station, and I don't really plan to get it either.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes, I noticed that recently when replaying Assasin's Creed Brotherhood and with L.A. Noire: all of a sudden, several months later, you suddenly see that once "completed" games are no longer so. It seems a bit annoying, specially if you have no intention of purchasing that DLC or worse, if you no longer have the game and those missing cheevos are simply there taunting you. :p

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I first noticed it back in Fallout 3 when, as each DLC was released, my 100% completion changed and I had to re-earn it.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    This is why it's good Playstation Platinum Trophies are only based on trophies from the original game. :p

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    For me the worst case of that was Prince of Persia (2008). Went through all the trouble to find all the light seeds to get 1000G, only to spend ten bucks on the DLC and find it **** and unplaythroughable. Forever 1060/1250 on that one. [face_plain]

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    3 more stupid blast shards (out of 350) for my Infamous plat...bah, might be easier to start fresh with a map.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The only games I bothered to get to 1000G were the first Force Unleashed and LEGO Harry Potter. The latter being an incredibly easy 1000G if you haven't already got it. I'm more multiplayer than achievement-whore oriented though.

9. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    LEGO Star Wars III was my last 1k.

Going to start on LEGO Harry Potter.

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I used a map and meticulously crossed them all off.

And ended up with 5 left.

No platinum for me.

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Lego Harry Potter is my only 1000G game. :(

I've got 200/200 on a couple of games though, but I guess they don't count. I'm likely to get Lego Batman as my next 1000G, or maybe Crysis 2 as I seem to be playing that more.

12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    1250/1250 on Dragon Age II.

13. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    1,000/1,000 LEGO Harry Potter.

14. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    1000/1000 in Halo 3. I have 90% of most all other Halo games. 9563 total.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    All but the co-op achievement for Lego Batman!! [face_dancing]

I'll never get the co-op one unless I can find someone to play with, and that's not likely to happen ever. :(

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    1405/1405 on Fallout: New Vegas (until Lonesome Road)
    1400/1400 on L.A. Noire

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    1000/1000 on LEGO Harry Potter, with help from Vassago.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Batman: Arkham Asylum (1000/1000). At times a deeply frustrating endeavour (I'm looking at you, Shock & Awe *Extreme* challenge), but oh so satisfying at the end once that final *bleep-bloop* PERFECT KNIGHT achievement popped up. :D

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I still haven't got round to finishing my Arkham Asylum playthrough.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well get to it son. After all, Arkham City's right around the corner.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    830/830 for Mortal Kombat, because the other 170 are ******* stupid. :p

Working on Dead Island right now, little over 800 on it. Funny thing, there's an achievement for it to play the game 28 Days after you played it for the first time. The first time I played the game I was offline, so the clock on my Xbox read the date as 11/22/2005. Then went on Live, Xbox read the date as 9/12/2011, and boom, achievement. :D

22. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Finally got 1430/1430 on Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh lol. :p There's a similar achievement in Crysis 2 for playing the multiplayer 6 months after you first play it. That'll be a couple of weeks for me.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Moose, we must play Crysis 2 some time! The only reason I'm not playing Crysis 2 at the moment honestly is because the internet here is godawful. Moving into student house in a week though which has the super awesome 30Mbps fibreoptic broadband. Then I'll be happy to get back onto the XBLive for everything, Space Marine included (unless it turns out the crap I experience every other match is not lag-related)

25. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Thanks to an unfixable glitch resulting from a lazy development team, I'll forever have 885G on Dead Island. My Level 47 save file won't load because I apparently passed an "invisible" inventory cap. [face_plain]