main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Just received the last outstanding achievement in Mass Effect 2. woot! :)

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    ME2's achievements are way easy to get. Especially when compared with ME1's; I don't want to have to do a Paragon run or use Tali and Kaidan for an entire playthrough (yes I know it's not literally every single mission with them but still) for the sake of 2 achievements.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, ME1's achievement run could be a pain, for the simple reason that so many playthroughs could be downright snooze inducing. I swear I could hardly keep my eyes open after the 9th or so consecutive playthrough, replaying the same scenes and interminable dialogues over and over. Ugh.

4. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Currently I have about 58 100% games. The most recent were harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 and viva pinata.

I admit it, I'm completely addicted... But if it stops you from spending money on new games and stick with older games for longer, unless the game is terrible, e.g. project sylpheed :p , then it's worth doing.

Currently doing Final Fantasy 13 and have 27/35 achievements. I will feel so good when I get them all :)

5. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    Oh that dlc was horrible. The most infuriating parts of the main game over and over again, with no real story advancements or anything like that. Urgh.

I got the 250G but it was truly horrible. I've been playing it on PS3 again but will not touch that dlc again. Even those light seeds were a misery. I just avoided all of them til I had to then followed some youtube guides.

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    My last 1000/1000 run was Halo: CE Anniversary. For a remake, a couple of the cheevos therein were challenging but at the same time very satisfying.

I'd have a perfect score with Batman: Arkham City if it weren't for the damn DLC challenges/campaign cheevos. Getting Perfect Knight 2.0 was an excrutiating exercise...but repeating the same damn challenges with Catwoman and the Robins is a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned.

7. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    yeah DLC achievements can be really good or really bad. From the 3 packs in Gears 3. 2 have been grinds through maps, kills, upgrades in horde, etc while only 1 had any real story to it :(

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Finally got 1000/1000 on Skyrim. I had to make a second character to finish Oblivion Walker after I missed a few artifacts my first time around. But two characters and 260 hours later and it's done!

Now for the DLC to come out and change all that...

9. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Last game I finished was Forza 3 right before the fourth one came out. Before that it was LA Noire, which I have 1200 on, but DLC is keeping it from showing up on my dashboard's actual completed games list.

Right now, I'm finishing my Insanity Run on Mass Effect 2. That'll give me all 1k from the main game, though I'm already over that with the DLC.

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Working on my second, "achievement-mopping" runthrough of Dragon Age II right at the moment (to get me in a single-player BioWare mindset for Mass Effect 3 coming up), and am right on the cusp of 1370/1370-ing the game.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ditto here, on all accounts (except maybe total game hours). A very satisfying cheevo run on a very satisfying game. Now bring on the DLC, Bethesda. Let us hope the bugs are minimal and the quality is high.

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Was sick last week and spent my time getting my platinums in Assassin's Creed Revelations and SW: The Force Unleashed. I think TFU was the 2nd ps3 game I purchased after Rock Band, so it was great to finally hear the final trophy ding on that one.

13. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I have one last achievement on Mass Effect 2 before I have hit all the achievements, DLC included. I just need to find a bunch of husks to try and get that stupid Brawler achievement.

It'll probably take me three years to get all the Mass Effect 1 achievements. :rolleyes: I never paid much attention to achievements back in 2007 when it was first released and so I'm afraid my first two playthroughs weren't as productive as they could have been. Now I expect that it'll take me three more playthroughs to get them all...

I also have six more achievements on Mass Effect 3 to get, but I'm sure those will all be obtained with just one more playthrough.

14. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I almost have all the trophies on inFamous 2 now. I lack 3, IIRC.

15. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    Can anyone help me on Lego Star Wars TCS? i only need one more achievement......

16. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Just obtained Brawler in Mass Effect 2, which was the last one I needed to get all the achievements! This is also the first game I've got ALL the achievements. :p [face_dancing]

17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    So I jumped down from above on top of an enemy in Mirror's Edge and it gave me a Trophy/Achievement called "Hey, it's-a me!" :D

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been missing five total between Call of Duty MW2 and MW3, excluding ones from DLC, for some time now.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Haha I remember that one! Great game.

20. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I finally found the last side mission in Infamous 2, completing the entire map and earning the second silver trophy. For some reason, the game won't register my completion of it on the hard difficulty, so I am unable to get the gold trophy, thereby completing all the regular trophies and receive the platinum one. :(

21. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Ah, man, I found out why the game won't give me the trophy for finishing on hard difficulty. I had forgotten that I originally started my second run on normal difficulty as well, like my first run. After completing the first introductory chapter quite easily, the game automatically switched me over to hard difficulty based on my performance. So therefore, I have technically not played the entire file on hard so it doesn't count! So I have to start a third file and play it all over again to get it. [face_frustrated]

Also, for the record, I should correct my above statement in the previous comment. There are two gold trophies, not one, and 9 silver ones, not two. My recollection was off.

22. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I only have one achievement left in ME3...the Veteran one.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It really isn't that hard. Just a lot duck and covering...which is rendered moot with the oh so welcome addition of grenade chucking. Thanks for that (among so many lovely, lovely things about ME3), BEAware

I've been trying to nail my last Skyrim cheevo: Legendary. Problem is, in order to fight that goddam dragon you have to level up to at least lvl. 78 or so. And leveling up to that level, if you've maxed out on so many combat and magic skills can really be a pain unless you become really creative with your combat. [face_frustrated]

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Skyrim cheevo run completed. The moment I hit lvl. 78 I went to my new big home off Whiterun and donned my heavy dragonbone armor. Then went to Dawnguard castle and picked up Serana. Finally we fast travelled to the new area called Archwind Point, and there he was, the legendary dragon. The poor sucker never had a chance. Right from the start a Dragon Priest spawned on the tomb below the arches and started harassing the beast with its lightning bolt blasts. I immediately spawned two Storm Atronachs and Serana started blasting away as well. The sucker nearly fried me and I managed to drown a quick healing potion before my HP went down to zero. The dragon often flew away and the high level Draugr in the area were harassing him as well. Finally, I landed a Dragonrend shout on the dragon and went to work on him with my enchanted Dragonbone longsword, Foehammer. A few seconds later, it was all over and the final cheevo bleep-blooped on screen.

Oh yeah, here's a tip to level up lesser used magic skills quickly: pick a fight...with a mudcrab. Or two for better effect. Just let them go nuts on you and heal up at the last possible moment to boost up Restoration. Periodically hit the crabs with Soul Trap to boost up Conjuration. Cast magic armor spells to boost up Alteration and ocassionally cast spells like Muffle, Invisibility or Rout to boost up Illusion. It will take quite awhile (possibly the better part of two game days), but you can boost up those lesser used skills to 100 without too much dungeon lurking.

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    With only 109 out of 227, I'm not even close to full completion of Civilization V's achievements. But I did pick up this beauty today. Seemed fitting.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't realize it at the time but if I had got it just one minute earlier it would have been perfect. :p

Life and MarcusP2 like this.