VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Life Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Finally got my first Platinum trophy.
    Last edited by Life, Aug 21, 2013
  2. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Bioshock: 1100/1100. About six years too late, and boy what a pain that turned out to be. :p
    Life likes this.
  3. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I've still only 100%'d Assassin's Creed 2 and Minecraft X360 edition. Hoping to add the Batman games to the list.
  4. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I 100%d Asylum twice - first the GOTY and then very recently the original edition - just for ***** and giggles. I refuse to go through the Arkham City DLC so that's a game that will in a way remain sorta kinda incomplete.

AC2 is the only AC game I've managed to 100%. It was a good run.
  5. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    The platinum I value most is probably Dead Space. Impossible difficulty was pretty... well, difficult. I have Dragon Age: Origins as well though, where you had to defeat Golems of Amgarrak on Nightmare mode. Ugh.

I don't really collect trophies/achievements any more though. So many games to play, I'd rather start a new one than complete a bunch of extraneous tasks.
    Life likes this.
  6. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6

It's that stupid ******* "Shock and Awe" map that keeps getting me. I just need to 100% the challenges.
  7. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, "shock and awe extreme" is an absolute pain. I think I only managed to beat it by moving from the start area to one of the lateral ones (where the gun cages are) on rounds 3 and 4, going crazy with the batclaw, 5x takedowns and batarang knockouts to thin the herd.
  8. Life Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I was hunting the secret pickups in Thomas Was Alone to have something to do while replaying the game, listening to the developer commentary. By doing that, I also got every Trophy available in that game. Other than that, I haven't actively gone Trophy hunting since inFamous 2, two years ago. The most satisfying Trophies/Achievements, I find to be the ones I get by accident.

For instance, the two trophies I still remember most fondly are two trivial accidental ones I got in Mirror's Edge. One was called "It's-a-me!", an amusing Super Mario-referencing one that I got for landing on an enemy's head from a high jump. The move was hugely satisfying in itself, as I wasn't sure beforehand if it would work as intended, or if the game even would recognise it as a hit to the enemy. It was a decision made in panic. :p And then, after the thrill of unexpected success; and the discovery that the game not only recognises, but has an animation for landing on an enemy, a situation that will probably never occur naturally in most people's playthroughs; I get a funny recognition of my feat to boot.

The other one, "Flipping off", which depicts the protagonist flipping the V, I got when I accidentally hit the quick-turn button instead of the punch button, just as I got a knockout blow, making me fall to the ground with my rear to the enemy instead of my face. A last act of defiance if you will. :p
    07jonesj likes this.
  9. Darth_Thump Force Ghost

star 2
    Some pretty impressive stuff, the Arkham games always stump me lol

My Xbox efforts to date are as follows;

Gamerscore - 46,615 .... not all that groovy given that is out of a possible 93,585 [face_thinking]

Total achievements - 2,444 out of 4,468

I have however 'caught em all on these, TF:War for Cybertron. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (best game in years!). Assassin's Creed II and LEGO Indiana Jones.

There are a few games where I'm only misssing one, two, maybe four achievements for 100%.