main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 1000 ABY/500 AEG- OC, AU, Epic; the GFFA Has Changed Forever! Updated 3/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LordNyax113, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Title: 1000 ABY/500 AEG
    Author: LordNyax113
    Genre: Epic
    Timeframe1000 ABY/500 AEG
    Characters: All OC
    Summary: 500 years after an unknown crisis occured, the GFFA has changed for the worst...is there any hope left?

0 AEG

The human male scraped his way through the caked dirt?well, if it truly was dirt anymore. Huh, he thought. In his last moments, in the pain he felt eating his insides and the fact that his skin was radiating and literally peeling off, he stopped to correctly analyze what happened to dirt also.
    He couldn?t comprehend and remember what had just occurred, why he was dying trying to crawl his way to his family; chances are, the bloodcurdling screams he heard were that of his wife, feeling the same cataclysm that was upon his remnant of a body. He kept using his last ounces of willpower to claw forward. The man had to see his wife, one last time?to say he was sorry for all of this. He could have stopped this?ended this before it happened. Why?why he lamented.

His durasteel home was gone?nothing remained but charred grey and slate pebbles?as if the building was absorbed by some unknown force. The man knew that force?what had caused it, how it should have been stopped.

His eyes fluttered and dilated? there, in the center of the mess was one barely recognizable female, whose arm was outstretched, waiting for a hand to grasp hers.

Finally reaching his intended destination, the male let his tears flow?his wife?s eyes locked onto his pitiful gaze, his glassy eyes. ?My?my love?? He felt surprised his vocal cords weren?t charred by the molten reaction that was slowly consuming his body. He wanted to so badly turn back time, reverse the chrono as it were, correct the mistakes that led to this. ?Please?please forgive me.?

The force with which her hand clasped his was the most comforting response he could get before his life faded, and only two intertwined skeletons remained.

500 AEG

Norav furrowed his brow, heavily concentrated on the task at hand. Diagnostics of the lower deck were taking longer than he thought. He just wanted to go home and eat with his family. His wife was making nerf steaks and blue corn, his favorite. Unfortunately, it was his last meal with them, his last for an extended period of time. The Expedition was primed to launch, provided everything checked out OK.

?Hard at work, eh friend?? Norav rose briefly to see Admiral Antilles stride forward. He chuckled.

?Yeah, it?s hard?and long?and tedious.? Norav hopped up and wiped his hands free of grease. ?I?m sure I could use some help.?

His commanding officer could only frown. "You and I both know why are duties are more of a burden than others."

"Still doesn't excuse the slackers out there."

The Admiral immediately grew irritated. ?There is a limited amount of people with your?unique abilities. Keep in mind there are only 20,000 people in this galaxy, all here. The vast majority of them are simple farmers. What you and I, among others do is something special. We restore the archaic remnants from before the Endgame and give our society a hope for the future. This ship is the culmination of our precious efforts.?

?Save me the speech, Admiral. The Council spews enough of it through the airwaves.?

?Can you hardly blame them officer? We have nowhere else to go. There are very few resources left. This is now or never?we must explore our surroundings?we can no longer let fear hold us back.?

Norav sighed. ?Look?I know our history. You can stuff the lecture.?

The Admiral raised his hand in objection. ?Watch it Norav?you?re treading on thin ice. ?
    ?Aren?t we all??

The Admiral laughed in response. ?We didn?t choose Hoth?it chose us. Now?you?re relieved. I?ll send Zaq in.?

Norav was elated. ?Thank you sir.? He saluted and quickly headed to the lift to take him groundside. Admiral Antilles briefly smiled and apoke in his mind. That guy could be more trouble then he?s worth

2. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Norav was finally able to exit the Expedition: Hope, and began making his way out of the ground-based drydock. Hungry for a snack to to hold his empty stomach over through a long and ardous walker ride, he stopped by the drydock's small accompanying town, H21.

Passing by a tailor's shop then the local holobroadcasting station, he reached Vorawaroo's Fine Dining.

A mix between a cantina and a high-class restaurant, (which, now that Norav thought about it, was too ironic), Vorawaroo's was owned by the only known Wookie in the entire galaxy. He entered, tossed his work robe on the chauffer, and head to the bar counter.

"What can I get you Norav?" The Toydarian waiter Grizzy fluttered out of the kitchen. "The usual?"

Norav politely declined. "Not this time...it's my last night here, so the wife is making a family meal. I'm just going to have a cinamon bun with some blue milk."

"All out of blue milk, my friend. All I've got is clear water."

"That'll have to do."

Grizzy hit the buzzer and posted the order on the line.

"So Grizzy, why nothing but water?"

His smile faded rapidly. "Harvest this year is slow...no dairy products, because the animals are all declining in population. The artificial environments are failing rapidly...and hydroponics just aren't what they used to be. It all relates to this energy crisis you technical folks can't seem to figure out."

Norav sipped his water as Grizzy handed it to him. "We've tried everything...the generators are growing old and the constant blizzards don't help...all of our spare parts and both factories have been almost exclusively focused on getting the expedition off the ground...hopefully we'll be able to solve all this."

Grizzy couldn't help but still sulk. His thick accent reflected this somehow. "Oh, Norav...somehow I get the feeling our ancestors were better off dead. Look what's left of us...one planet...faltering infrastructure...and trade is absolutely wretched! I couldn't even sell a custom podracer for Coruscant's sake, the Council shut down the circuit!"

Norav gulped down the last of his water. "You can hardly blame them...it used too much energy and only vagrants frequented the place. Not to mention to gambling scandal to boot."

Grizzy handed him a warm package. "Well, here you go. Careful, it's scorching."

Norav looked into his pocket and fluttered out a credit chip. "Get yourself a new hat."

As he left, he turned to Grizzy's beckon. "Take care of yourself, human. We don't know whats out there."

He smiled and nodded as the chaffuer handed him his robe back.

As he strode towards the town square and the walker station, he froze in his tracks. A mob was assembling, and in the middle, tied up with cord and being yelled at, was his 12 yeard old son.

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    :eek: Geesh, what did the kid do? Intriguing story so far.

4. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    You'll see. [face_mischief]

5. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Norav rushed forward, his heart pounding. His mind couldn?t fathom why his son was being tied up and delivered to authorities. Not to mention he was twelve years old. What possibly could an innocent?his thoughts stopped, and his face lost all of its color. No?it can?t be?

Darting forward with all the adrenaline he could produce, he waved his hands and screamed out at the top of his lungs. ?NO! THAT?S MY SON! STOP!?

The crowd turned towards him, and for a brief moment ended their tirade. ?Stop?please?leave him alone. It?s not his fault. Please?I?m begging you.? Norav?s voice was faltering, and his eyes were ready to deluge. He wasn?t sure if his pleas would be enough.

The mob continued to cease as the ringleader, a white-haired Bothan, stepped forward. ?Well, well Norav. Never thought I?d see the likes of your scum again.?

Norav glanced at him peculiarly, and then realized his chances of getting his son out of this public display of rough justice just tanked. ?Arnasi?fancy meeting you here.?

His memory took a trip back, back to grade school. Arnasi Cor?la was the typical bully you?d expect to find in any schoolyard (or in this case recreational domed facility), the one who took your stuffed tauntaun and stomped on it, the one who took your lunch credits and spend them on iced cakes, and the guy who stole the date of your dreams for fall formal. They?d always been rivals, and the animosity had apparently lasted until now.

?I?m surprised to see someone of your status working on such a grand project.? He gazed above at the ship in drydock, and laughed. ?Well, it does one favor for this group. You won?t be here to challenge the charges against your son.?

Norav was now fuming. ?Give me Kaden?you have no proof. I know for a fact he isn?t what you?re accusing him of being.? He took a few steps forward, only for another human male and a Rodian to flank him with metal shrapnel that substituted for crude vibroblades. His breathing grew heavier. Not now, he thought. I won?t lose him like this .

?Oh, I have the proof all I need,? he asserted confidently. ?It wasn?t a random coincidence that these two observed.? He motioned two young adults over, a Gotal and a human female. ?These two saw your son staring at a small tauntaun, concentrating on the poor creature. Next thing you know, the animal?s feet lift slightly off the ground and he falls over. Random stumble? I think not.?

Norav turned to the witnesses. ?Is this true?? They both seemed nervous, and nodded slowly. He then faced Arnasi. ?You?re lying?you bullied them into this.?

He smiled in response. ?I can assure you I?d never do such a horrible deed. There is no disputing the evidence, my old friend. Your son is a Sensitive one.?

He shook his head. ?No?no he?s not. I?ll stay here if I have to do so?I?ll protest the charges. I?m not going to let him die?? His voice trailed off, as he rapidly became consumed by a mix of anger and despair.

?Now, now Norav?we are not uncivilized people?he is after all only twelve years old. He?ll be sent to a rehabilitation facility, not executed like adults who know better.? Arnasi clearly stressed that last part as his eyes bored into Norav?s.

?No?never?

?I?m sorry, but this discussion is finished?we will deliver him to the Haven Guard. Take him away.? He waved his hand as the crowd erupted into chants.

Norav, without thinking, sprung forward desperately trying to grasp for his son?s jumpsuit, but the crowd held him back. However, he completely forgot about the two ?enforcers? behind him, and he lurched in pain as a blow struck his upper back.

Before he was struck again, a blaster shot shrilled into the air.

?ENOUGH!?

Norav barely managed to turn and see Admiral Antilles and his friend Zaq standing tall, each with blaster pistols in their hand. The Admiral motioned the crowd to split, as he walked forward. His voice boomed. ?Release the boy?now.?

Arnasi was flabbergasted. ?But sir?he?s-?

?That?s an order ensign!?

Clearly irked, Arnasi n

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    ?I know girls only are in it for the credits and romantic tauntaun carriage rides.?

He's already figured us out at thirteen, eh? [face_laugh] [face_batting] [face_mischief]

7. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Twelve. :D

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Oops, typos :oops:

9. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    1 AEG/501 ABY

A teenage, male Mon Calamari was in the center of an aged and decrepid docking bay, albeit supported by newly constructed support beams. Had it not been for those, it'd be unstable, as this particular bay was 500 years old. He gazed, fascinated by the original ingenuity by the enginners who carved it out.

Around him were citizens of the first Haven, or H1 for short, mingling, discussing what the next step was. There were only around 200 people, representing at least 30 different species. They had managed to survive Endgame and procure a "city" out of the former Rebel Alliance base. But room for people, hydroponic gardens, and all their total supplies they could fit inside was already tight, and there were already four pregnant females. Of course, the couples were being encouraged to procreate...but something had to be done. Factories, more hydroponics, essentially more cities, all had to be assembled. Scout teams of historic AT-AT's and AT-PTs that were brought to support the colony had just returned the previous morning, and now all H1 residents were ordered to gather here at the Central Square for the Council's report.

After exiting the "local" cafe, sipping on some Naboo Hot Cocoa, Caav circled through the mass of townspeople, eagerly awaiting to hear the news. He bumped into his parents, who urged him to be back to the Sleep Quarters by dawn. Finally, after what seemd an eternity, the crowd was dispersed back behind makeshift borders, to make room for the Council.

Elected by the people and for the people, and of the people, the Council were ordinary men and women, unlike the pretentious and corrupt politicians who seemed to exist only yesterday. There fostered no doubts in everyone's mind here that they would help the remaining denizens of this galaxy. He held his breath, as they came forward, and the smile on their faces told Caav that the hope for the future just grew brighter....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.