main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 1000 Words (Jaina/Jag Songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jag-Fel, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jag-Fel

Jag-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    It took me long enough to finally find my way back to the forums. I confess, I've been lurking and not updating my stories. The incessant nagging of an old friend prompted me to return with some new material.

I'd like to dedicate this piece to my friend Jason (Jace_Halycron) who is on his way back to Afghanistan for another three months for his tour of duty, and to his wife Julie. My heart's with you both.

I'd also like to dedicate this to all of the star-crossed lovers out there, or anyone who's ever had a dream...

[u]1000 Words[/u]

Author: Jag-Fel
    Genre: Songfic (Romance and Angst)
    Major characters: Jagged Fel & Jaina Solo
    Era/setting: AU, Post-TUF.
    Disclaimer: I don?t own any of these characters or other stuff you recognize. The song belongs to the creators of Final Fantasy X-2.
    Notes: Whilst listening to this lovely song one night, it occurred to me how fitting it would be for Jaina and Jag. This is the result of my insomnia.

[i]I know that you're hiding things,
    Using gentle words to shelter me.
    Your words were like a dream.
    But dreams could never fool me,
    Not that easily.
    I acted so distant then,
    Didn't say goodbye before you left.
    But I was listening,
    You'll fight your battles far from me,
    Far too easily.[/i]

Brushing a lock of chocolate-coloured hair behind her ear, Jaina Solo sighed and leaned against the railing outside of her apartment. The air was brisk and would have caused Jaina to shiver, had her thoughts not completely distracted her from the living world. It had been over a year since her love Jagged Fel had left her. Recalled back to the Unknown Regions, to Chiss Space, to Csilla.
    Raking her eyes across the speckled sky, the diamond stars on their azure sea winked back down at the pilot. Out there, somewhere beyond those stars, the green-eyed love of Jaina?s life was off fighting his own battles.
    Their relationship had been a fantasy. Love in the middle of a war, when everything looked its bleakest... but Jaina and Jagged had found love. They had shared a bond no person could dream of.

Stifling another sigh, Jaina retreated back inside her apartment, fleeing the cold reminders of her lover?s absence. Couples always had a song. Everyone had his or her own ballad of love and peace. Jaina and Jag had the stars. The stars had been their love song. A love song that transcended immortality, breaking the bonds of gravity.
    Yes, they had lived a dream. Even with so much suffering and cruelty around them, with the deaths of friends and family, planets destroyed and enslaved, Jaina had shared her heart with the Chiss pilot from beyond her world.

That wasn?t to last. Jaina collapsed onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. She turned her head to glance at the hologram of Jag on her bedside table. His raven black hair was cropped short in military flattop style, his pale green eyes sparkled with the inner focus and determination that made Jagged Fel who he was. His black uniform was pressed and retained its martial crispness. Jaina reached out for the framed holo and pressed it against her chest. She missed him so. If only she hadn?t treated him like she had before he left. Their departure had been rough for Jaina, who was finally beginning to open up like he had always wanted, like she?d always wanted. She had turned against him, acting distant and resentful.

In the end, Colonel Jagged Fel had left at the call of duty. At the time, Jaina ignored his farewells, but realized he?d be fighting his own battle. His battle with coming to terms with how Jaina had turned on him.

[i]"Save your tears 'cause I'll come back."
    I could hear that you whispered as you walked through that door,
    But still I swore
    To hide the pain,
    While I turned back the pages.[/i]

Before he left, Jag had sworn to Jaina that he would come back, that we would return as soon as he could. It hadn?t been enough. Jaina was heartbroken when he told her that he was to return to Csilla. And there was no making a heartbroken woman understand logic or promises

2. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    wow that was amazing!

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Excuse me while I die from the amazing mush intake! [face_love] Seriously, if I died right now, I'd be a happy woman. ;)

That was amazing!!! [face_love] :D For a little while there I thought you just might leave them hoping and wishing, but then you pulled it together and got us some wonderful loving! [face_love] :)

I loved it! :D There's no way to express how much I adored that piece... it was perfect for the frame of mind I have been in with TKL's ups-and-downs. :D

Amazing! :D

And what a BANG! You bring yourself back into fan fiction with that little doozy. *shakes head in amazement*

You're awesome. That's all I can truly say. Well, that's not true... as you can see I can say a whole lot, but those are the only words that I can think of to describe what's going through my mind right now.

4. Melissa_Fel13

Melissa_Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    Omg!! That was like totally brilliant! You write Jaina and Jag wonderfully. I hope you do some more!!

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great story! I hope you write more.

6. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    That was just so... so....

MUSHTACULAR

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Some more J/J viggies?

More mushiness?

Pwetty pwease?

7. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL ... Fel's word of the day... MUSHTACULAR!

that most definatly wuz Jag-fel!

awesome job.. and im glad ur friend kept buggin u to postie this... its awesome ! MEH LOVEYSS!

8. Jag-Fel

Jag-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    Thank you all for your appreciative replies. :D

I'm home for the weekend, so I plan to work on an update for my Through Your Eyes series.

MUSHTACULAR... very nice. I'm a fan of that word.

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I can't wait for that update then. :D

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was great! You do a great job with these characters.

11. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    This was a really nice read.
    The song and story fit really well together. The connections between the two seemed to have just the right level of subtly.
    Nice job. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.