main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 100th The Clone Wars Episode! - 5.12 - Missing In Action - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Gregor did have a pretty epic moment at the end although I did laugh at KED's cheat code suggestion.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Hey everyone, I've lurked for years now and even posted here a long time ago, but I'm back. What a great episode. Gregor was badass and we don't know if he's dead or not. The Sullustan chef was funny. Tom Kane did a good job voicing him. RC action was amazing, it was a nice touch having the exact 1st person perspective from the game for a bit.

The droids, especially R2 were spot on. There isn't a single bad thing I can say about this episode. I think from here on, we are set for a mind-blowing 2nd half, (but hey that happens every season now, so it's expected)

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  3. Abernati

Abernati Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2013
    He could be dead.

Dammit, i hope we will see more of him.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    :rolleyes:

Seems legit...

5. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Never saw the body, hehe.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    These are more like the current guidelines though its incomplete: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/general-reminder-for-lacwac-episode-thread-policy.50004033/

Truth is the spoiler policy in the mod policy thread is outdated and needs to be updated, which is something we have discussed. Most folks regardless of where they are seem to watch the new episodes within a few days of an episode airing. Then there are fewer folks who are spoiler free now. We do need to crack down on talking about the new episodes and spoilers outside this thread and maybe the General and S5 threads The spoiler free guys I know like DLT know better than to just come in here until they see this episode. I do think there needs to be a certain amount of user responsibility and folks who don't want any spoilers should be avoiding this thread come Friday night at 9:30pm EST which is when new episodes air in Canada, IMO. A day before the U.S. air. I'm not sure episodes even air in the U.K. anymore, I don't think season 4 aired there until summer of last year. That would make the time frame 6 months with new episodes atleast. I don't recall separate non spoiler threads for episodes when season 4 was airing and I don't remember seeing much blacked out text in those. I agree certain details like what you have spoilered should probably be avoided for a while. However do we really want to start using the spoiler tags when we review the episodes after they air?

I am going to work on updating the policy situation with the other mods. We'll have that up soon.

-------------------------

And this episode was tight, total 9.

Gregor is another clone right up there with Cut and Fives for me. He couldn't have been more of a contrast to Cut although they both got where they were through similar circumstances. I'm still amazed by the whole thing where Gascon is calling him the diner guy's slave and yet freedom for Gregor was serving the republic... basically as a soldier slave. Is there a message there about destiny being inescapable in this universe? If ever a clone seemed programmed and why didn't we see the battle he was in on screen? I whanna see the bodies, man. Seriously TCW would a flash back have been that much trouble?

Did Gascon actually basically say 'Lets get dangerous?" Thank you so much whoever put that line in there! Gascon had me cracking up in this one with the diner scene and then eating garbage. Scene where Gregor catches him and informs him "You know your eating garbage?" is my favorite in the episode. WAC continues to improve as a character and is a good foil. Like the continuation of the themes with the difference between programming and actual knowledge and then what it means to be alive.

My least favorite thing about this episode was how the droids captured the diner boss. I wanted Gregor to get his gun and shoot him.

Epic last stand and the music track playing there. WOW! I actually don't think that's the last we'll see of Gregor. However it wouldn't surprise me if it takes two more seasons for him to work his way back.

7. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    And so the episode ends with the with its only redeeming factor (literally) going up in flames.

Bravo Filoni. Bravo. [face_plain]

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I thought I misheard that! I couldn't believe it! Definitely unexpected.

This was a fantastic clone episode, but like many things TCW, the basic premise to the plot was iffy. Why, exactly, was that Sullustan so darned bent on having Gregor work for him? Is it that difficult to find a decent dishwasher onplanet?

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wondered this as well. That guy reminded me of the Racoon guy in Animal Crossing. I'm going to assume it had to do with really cheap labor and taking advantage of Gregor's memory loss. Gregor should have shot him in the face.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just a suggestion to wait until after the episode airs in the US before posting major spoilers without tags, so 10 am Pacific time on Saturday? There are those of us who don't watch until later and it makes sense that we could be "on our own" if we venture in here after the release but before we watch, but I wasn't expecting to be hit with a major spoiler before the episode had even been released in the US.

My last $.02 on this topic. Carry on; I'll review the episode tomorrow night.

11. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    nice episode!!! can't descide weather this episode is an 8/10 or a 9/10.... im probably just gona go with 9/10 in part because i feel like we've been stuck in the clone wars version of "the void" recently with these crappy episodes and this one was the light at the end of the tunnel.

really beast episode. republic commando was awesome and the story was great

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think Gregor died, i think they showed that for us to think he is dead, but he will probably be in next episode

rumblewagon likes this.
  13. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    God dammit! Finally this arc gets interesting and you kill off the character that makes it so!

Seriously! And Mr. Frogman is a *******. At first it seemed like he really wanted to help Gregor, but then as the episode progressed it became more evident that he was just using Gregor. He basically lead Gregor to his death!

7.5/10

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Gregor survived

15. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    6/10. The sheer coincidence that Gregor was somehow undetected on the same planet the droids landed on killed it for me.

16. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, that was a total bust.

And I want to talk about spoilers when the episode airs for ME. Or are we going to not do that because it hurts people's feelings? What about JackG not getting them for months? Or the Season 2 Teletoon crash for Canada? Didn't stop you guys from discussing then now did it? If you want to not get spoiled, then stay out of a thread that has SPOILERS written on it until you see the episode. In fact, there's a spoiler free thread open http://boards.theforce.net/forums/live-action-clone-wars-classics.10467/page-2]Right[/url] now.

17. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    That evil restaurant owner was ridiculous. "You'll always be a dishwasher! I WIN I WIN BWAHAHAHA!"

I don't think Gregor lived up to the hype, but his story was interesting. Not what I expected.. before I got spoiled. :b

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I quite agree, after the episode airs, no matter where, we should be able to discuss it, not really fair that we have to wait for the US to air before we can discuss it

19. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I'm a little peeved that they hyped up Gregor so much and he dies in 15 minutes.
    Well, if TCW goes by the books, his armor might have kept him alive. Fi survived a full out explosion to the chest..

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Didn't like this episode. I was bored, until Gregor put on the suit.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Gregor will be alive... Even if I was puzzled at the lines at the end about him: "We will remember you and wait for your return?!"
    That sounded like Gregor will return from beyond the grave... IMO [face_laugh]

But Gregor did say that "I will make his way home". That was not out of place....

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  22. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    And they have Bacta processing implants and built in shield generators to dissipate blaster bolts.

23. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    But knowing TCW they'll disregard that for story telling.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am kinda at odds with how little Republic Commando game input was put in this episode after a shot like this:

[​IMG]

rumblewagon, fistofan1 and Coric like this.
  25. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009

If that's what you want to call it.