main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 100th The Clone Wars Episode! - 5.12 - Missing In Action - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I could call it something else but the TOS wouldn't approve.

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  3. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    After Sunny day in the Avoidable, I was a bit worried how this would be, but in the end, IT WAS AWESOME!

And I love the nod to Episode 2, with the look of the dinner, the more obvious nod to the cantina, with we don't serve your kind eaither.

Over all, I give it a sturdy 8.9 Gregors out of 10

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    An OK episode. Though disappointing. I felt Gregor was a let down, but I braced myself for that.

Complaints:

-Gascon is a jerk to the droids again. He seems to find respect for them and then go back to being condescending.
    -The Chef was just irrationally maniacal about having an indentured worker on some backwater planet.
    -Gregor accusing the Chef of having enslaved him, yet he's totally looking forward to fighting and dying for the Republic that he just remembered minutes ago.
    -They did exactly what I said I didn't want to see in regards to Gregor willing to lay down his life for five droids and a frog-slug on vague memories of who he is, failure to understand that Gascon was pretty much invoking the claim that Gregor belongs to the Republic and not to a Chef, and I don't recall, but did anyone even explain what the mission even was? What was preventing them from circling around and picking up Gregor other than Gregor wanting to be a hero and telling them "nah, don't worry about me?"

Best episode of the current arc, but that's not saying much. Is Mauldalore here yet?

[face_waiting]

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  5. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    That was pretty dismal. And I don't just mean the planet.

Gregor: "I'm not going to be a slave in this peaceful diner! Instead, I'm going to be a slave soldier in the Republic army and get blown up for some idiot and his mission that I don't even understand!"

When Gascon said "Save yourself!" and WAC just said "OK", it was the only sensible thing anyone's said this whole arc. If those droids had a lick of sense put together, they would have taken that frog to the diner and grilled him like a cheeseburger, which would have increased the chances of success for their mission by about 700%.

Hey Gascon, you think you could holler about the stolen encryption module on the open street around the Separatist droids any louder? Would that be possible? Thanks.

That diner owner was rather showily evil and mustache-twirling for someone who makes omelets for a living. Maybe they're eeeeeeeevil omelets!

Gregor was kind of underwhelming, but in honor of his sacrifice I do plan to "go commando" the whole rest of the day.

The best thing about this episode was that this awful arc is one episode closer to being over. The second half of this season better damn well bring it. And by "it" I don't mean mean more doltish frogs and unlikeable pit droids.

Order66Survivor and cwustudent like this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ur in luck, that Arc is next

Order66Survivor likes this.
  7. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Well yes, and the writing team spews it.

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Between the Ahsoka, Clovis and Maul arcs, it really doesn't matter what comes next. It all at least looks interesting at this point. Doesn't mean they can't let me down though (e.g. Onderon I-), I was really looking forward to that one too).

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Exactly! Gregor will be back.

It did seem like the diner owner knew exactly who and what Gregor was the entire time. I thought it was kind strange that guy knew anything about a plan to blow up the star destroyer that showed up. Honestly that guy was probably using Gregor as a bouncer. I tend to go with the explanation most folks in the galaxy just don't know what Jango or his clones look like without the helmet. The diner owner took advantage of that and was able to hide him from the droids. Battle droids seem so dim sometimes they could probably be fooled with the beard.

It seems like Gregor more or less forgot his memories because of the shock of his last battle and since fighting in terrible battles is his life he forgot his life and that chunk of his personality. Not his name and doesn't seem like he forgot the actual training. There was nothing to fix. It was just there. Interestingly enough personality wise he does remind me alot of Hardcase. There are probably more reasons for that at the end there. That was Gregor's choice, IMO. Either being a clone trooper is how he has chosen to use his individuality or he is a genuine example of that programming that keeps getting talked about.

Gregor walks into the diner and introduces himself very importantly as a republic officer. It seems to me Gascon's view of soldier would extend to anyone he sees as below him or as a soldier. Its there job to sacrifice themselves for him first and the republic mission 2nd. I don't think that's just the clones, that's everybody. He's treated the droids this way. There is something slightly proto-imperial about that. Pretty messed up considering how he has freaked out now twice about the possibility of dying, gives up quickly, and then is saved. People are supposed to save him. He gets desperate quickly, desperate enough to actually listen to WAC and eat garbage. I'm pretty sure Les Stroud wouldn't have eaten that in a real survival situation. Like how the arc is still playing with the concept that droids don't understand death although they are less willing to leave their companions behind, unless told to go on. Gascon only seems to really care about himself on the other hand.

This arc really has turned around for me. Plenty of stuff in there for me to overthink. =b

rumblewagon likes this.
  10. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Gregor is dead on wookipedia but dont tell me that he died that quick .

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Seerow
    Seeing as you thought the last episode was a 10/10, turning this arc around with that thinking means you dislike the arc?

Or maybe you're basing that statement off your rating of the first episode, which is also above a 5 rating. (7/10)

o_O

GGrievous likes this.
  12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    lol'd

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Well.. it's true.. if she thought the arc was great to this point (based on her ratings) then turning it around would mean she felt it was turned around in a negative way.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    To me, 7 isn't a very high rating. High is 9-10. I really hated myself for liking the first one that much. What can I say? I like cartoons. I like campy stuff. WAC reminds me of Daffy Duck and I like Daffy. My statement that the arc his turned around for me personally has more to to do with the arc moving beyond being simply a campy cartoon.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Coric I think this occurred before. Someone rated two episodes of an arc in a positive manner -- 9/10 and 10/10. (Also includes his/her own positive words and not just the rating). On the third episode, the poster said the episode turned his/her opinion around and gave it a high score too. [face_plain]

Logic fail.

Coric likes this.
  16. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Hence why I hate out of ten ratings. Anything below a 7 is considered a failure thanks to rating inflation.

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    If it's any consolation, after watching this episode, the arc did a 360 for me. I still hate it.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Oh nevermind. Misread

19. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I just circled the pile of **** and got to see it in a better light.

CT-867-5309 and GGrievous like this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    But he is alive, he has to be, it's his destiny to go back to his brothers

21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011

Nvm

22. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Did everyone here like the cameo by the Vintage Kenner Walrus Man action figure.They got Blue Snaggletooth in this season and now Walrus Man,I hope they keep it up.

23. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Your Clone is dead son, accept it.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This season has been really lacking any villains. They really let me down with this stupid Sullustan... they could have had more an awesome villain for the 100th episode!

The show's crew hates the CIS and does not allow Separatist cameos, but we have had a quite a few toy cameos... jeezzz...

fistofan1 and Darth Vader like this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan,

I don't think that guy the Sullustan was supposed be much of a villain per say. He was just a bad guy creating a slight obstacle in this on, pretty obviously since a bunch of astomechs Gung fu and hogtie him. So far this arc lacks a big bad. How would he know?