main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 10th anniversary of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KamenSentaiMetalHero, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Better late hen never. I am guessing that you liked the show?

2. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    This year also marks the 15th anniversary of the 2003 Clone Wars Microseries. Other Star Wars anniversaries include ROTJ's 35th anniversary and, unfortunately, the 40th anniversary of the Holiday Special.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not to mention the 20th anniversary of some obscure online Star Wars forum. [face_whistling]

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Watched CW the movie at the cinema release and enjoyed it,followed the show all the way and loved all it gave.

5. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    Are you talking about this forum?

6. Dellow Felegate

Dellow Felegate Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2018
    Amazing series, but the fact that we may never see those last 13 arcs in full animated glory takes me so close to the dark side whenever i think about it.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The forum started in 1998 so I would assume so.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    At least they are all written. So the remainder of the series is laid out. New episodes don't need to be started from scratch, they just need to be completed. We might get that someday.

Darkslayer and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Is there any chance that the other series that's supposed to come out (besides Resistance) is merely the final unreleased seasons of TCW; put together in secret to surprise everyone in celebration for the show's 10th Anniversary?

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  10. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I don't dare to get my hopes up but I would love this. This is actually first on my priority list of wants, even before the Ahsoka/Sabine teamup.

EDIT: Also, regarding the Ahsoka/Sabine team up, both of those characters have had to face painful betrayal and separation from their family figures at a young age. Filling in the aftermath gap in Ahsoka's story would be a really good way to plant seeds for that dynamic. They could easily go beyond just the 12 episodes that were originally planned.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I would love to see the series finished, however I don't think they'll do it at this point. And they already released many of the stories from the missing arcs in other media.

I could see them releasing the final arc, Siege of Mandalore, though.

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Don't forget the advent of the new Disney streaming service debuting next year which has already been confirmed to have Star Wars content, not just the live action series, but other TBD series as well. We know Resistance is earmarked for Disney's cable stations, so it wouldn't be that one. I think the streaming services is a good opportunity to do some more of the untold Clone Wars since it's a different medium and audience from the kiddie cable stations. The Clone Wars was said to have done well on Netflix with that audience... and you can bet Disney would want to move The Clone Wars off Netflix to their own service once it's up and running. What better way to finish off more of the untold stories than by rechristening the series on their new service? This announcement would be a great way to honor the 10 year anniversary. Not to get everyone hopes up, we don't know that they're going to go this route, and you can also bet that they won't choose to produce every story arc. It would be great to see them produce at least the best of them, like five or six story arcs, i.e. 20-24 episodes?

Hypothetical list: Bounty Hunter arc, Kashyyyk arc, Ahsoka Underworld, Rex/R2 arc, Yoda under the Temple/Ahsoka arc, and Siege of Mandalore.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That would certainly be a smart move on Disney's part; take TCW off of Netflix, promote it as being available for subscribers of the new streaming service, and promise to release the unaired episodes in the not-too-distant future.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Darkslayer and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  14. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
  15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    OMGosh, I can't believe Return to Mon Cala isn't on that list! At least rn, it might be the arc I want to see the most, bcs it leads to the Petition of 2,000. Still pains me that George didn't re-insert that subplot before he retired.

Watto likes this.
  16. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Looking at the movie and the earlier episodes...good god, did the project advance in animation later. ;)

DarthKreVass and cwustudent like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I like season one, but the animation is really bad in comparison to season 6

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't remember the animation being so terrible. Furthermore I can't tell much of a difference in the animation from Season 1 to Season 6.

19. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    They haven't released a whole lot of arcs.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    There is a minor difference in animation. The animation in the early seasons isn't as bad as fans say.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've noticed drastic differences in CGI animation before. Have you ever seen the original Ice Age compared to its sequels? Like night and day.

podjazd likes this.
  22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Well, they released the Utapau and Bad Batch arcs in unfinished form and they used the Maul/Ventress arcs for the Son of Dathomir comic and the Dark Disciples novel. That's 20 episodes together.

But I would still love if they would do the Maul/Ventress arcs in animated form as well. It would be great to see Maul and Talzin vs Dooku, Palpatine and Grievous.

23. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You should frame that. I used to have a cool mini-poster of the TCW film, but I don't know what I did with it.

Master_Rebado and Snafu55 like this.
  25. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    I am not sure I still have it,might do but the photo was taken so in case I did lose it I had a record of it.

Also,from the same cinema that I saw it at this was on a section of wall above where patrons would all walk in from the lobby to the cinemas I purchased from the Cinema for $50.

[​IMG]