main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 10th Annual (2016) Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange | Complete Index on First Page

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 22, 2016.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm actually done (atleast for this official Fic gift exchange). I'm just leaving it for a few days so I can hopefully catch most of my typos with fresh eyes.

mavjade , Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This is almost always me, I can hardly do anything unless a deadline is bearing down on me.

But I'm actually about halfway through with mine and I know exactly how it will end. This is so rare for me recently, I almost don't know what to do with myself. :p

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  3. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Since everyone posted their progress recently, I'm not going to send out reminder PMs (unless someone really wants me to!).

But I will post a reminder here: You've got a little less than two weeks to post your fic-gifts.

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
  6. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Briannakin, I was LOL'ing when I saw that story pop up and realized who had gotten my prompt. [face_laugh] (Thanks, by the way -- it's awesome!)

7. enzo90

enzo90 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2016
    May participate in this!:)

Also, you consider yourself a newbie compared to some people? I'm really really really new then! You've been a member since I was 4 years old! :eek:

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Welcome enzo90!

Unfortunately, requests have already been closed for the year, and stories are already being written, so it is not possible to add an additional person to the exchange. You're welcome to give it a shot next year; the thread is typically started sometime in November, with requests usually accepted through (very) early December. Alternatively, most years there is someone who ends up not being able to write their assigned story, so "pinch hitters" are often needed. You could probably volunteer for that if you just want to write. :)

mavjade likes this.
  9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
  10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    enzo90 - jcgoble is correct, signups for this year are already closed, and there's not really any way to add someone at this point. But keep an eye out next year, we'd love to have you!
    And yeah, I still consider myself a noobie compared to some people, I know some who have been members since the boards started in 98. 8-}

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    From Out of the Darkness for Chyntuck has been posted.

It contains Rogue One Spoilers, so if you haven't seen it, be warned.

12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Kahara, mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Just checking in here to say that I haven't forgotten my fic-gift assignment and will be working on it this week! (And yes, I have a beginning and plot and all that. :p)

mavjade , Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Ditto! I have a prologue of sorts, but it will be a multi-post this time. :)

15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I've really been enjoying seeing everyone's fic-gifts so far! What a fine bunch. @};-

Just one request to mavjade and Briannakin, though, if I may: could the thread index (post #2) please be updated to reflect which stories have been posted so far? That would make it much easier to keep track of who's posted so far, which ones I (or anyone else) still have to comment on, etc. Thanks so much. :)

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    That's me, not Bri. This isn't a mod challenge, it's just a challenge hosted by me. :)
    I'd planned on doing it soon, but I'll go ahead and do it now.

Edit: Annndd done.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Thank you so much for doing that, mav. It helps a ton!

And my mistake, I wasn't aware of that at first, but now I know! :)

mavjade likes this.
  19. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Okay, somewhere around the halfway point currently. Planning to be done on schedule. (If not, can I be my own pinch-writer? :p I don't think it'll be more than a day overdue if it is late.)

mavjade , Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Same and same.

Послато са SM-J500FN уз помоћ Тапатока

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I have begun posting mine and two of the three chapters are up, but it's likely in my case too that the last one won't be up till a day or so after the deadline—so I'd like to check with mavjade on whether that's all right. Thanks. :)

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks for letting me know guys. If you don't make it by the deadline I'll probably PM you just to see where you are so I can let your recipients know, that way they have more specific information. :)

Findswoman - That's perfectly fine! You've posted the first two parts and I know you'll get the last part up. :)

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  23. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Okay, so mine is done (finally, I really thought it might not be possible[face_dancing]) and it's in three parts. I'm guessing it would be okay if I started posting chapter 1 tomorrow and 2 the next day and so on? I'd post the first chapter tonight, but I'd like to at least spellcheck and assemble a summary and so on, and time's running out tonight.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    And just a reminder that the fic-gifts are due in about 8 hours from now!

Kahara - That is fine! :)

Findswoman likes this.
  25. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001