main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 10th Meeting - October

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    At the 9th meeting we set the date for the 10th meeting to be Saturday, Oct. 19. If this isn't good for you, please post as soon as you can.

The 19th was chosen because it worked out best for the members in attendance at the 9th meeting.

Let's try to finalize a location within a week, at most two, so we can post an announcement well in advance.

2. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm busy every Saturday in October so guess I'll see if I can make it to a meeting in November.

3. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I am on vacation that week,.......so pending the condition of my injury....I can make it the 19th.

4. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Doi! I completely forgot yesterday when we picked this date that we are unavailable on the 19th of October. However, if the majority of folks are available on that date don't worry about it, we'll just catch up with the group at the November meeting.

M.M.

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    How about an activity in conjunction with the meeting? I have this idea for visiting the Paul Garber NASM Restoration facility. This is the Smithsonian's Air & Space bone yard where they restore vintage aircraft/spacecraft for future exhibition at NASM. If we're truly interested I'll post more details soon. You'll also be subjected to my engineering "point-of-views" :D

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    You know the 19th is the Halloween party in Richmond. You all could go to that after your meeting.

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Oooh, Super Bombad Kam has a point! Anyone interested in going?

I think i posted this info before in an attempt to garner support for a inter-fan force event.

8. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Council Members:
    I want to apologize for not being able to attend last meeting, but has been a very hard month for me and my wife. At the beginning of the month we got notice that we were going to have finally our new home. We began to move, and that first weekend myt father-in-law died. Very sad and devastating notice for my wife. She travel back to her family and I stayed. I worked moving stuff from the old home to the new one, and really took me some time before shaping up. By the time the date came for the meeting, my wife was already back, but we still had so many things to do that I really couldn't afford to go.

And she didn't felt comfortable yet like to attend the meeting with me. So, it'll be for October... I noticed that the 19th has been motioned as a date... sorry but can't do either. Busy weekend. So, I'll be bold enough to ask for the 26th... or 12th... Just a suggestions. But if you have already decided for the 19th... please go on. I received the PIC's from the movie/meeting in Annapolis. I'm scanning them this week and send it throught the Yahoo Group Mail.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family.

10. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    If it's alright for a rookie to attend, I'm good everyday but the 12th (paintball [face_mischief] )

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Fipe. We completely understand if you can't make it to the next meeting.

Yes JORJ_CARDAS, you're more than welcome to attend. We're all rookies at some point. We hope to see you there.

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Anyone interested in the trip I mentioned? October would be the ideal time frame for this kind of tour. There are no bathroom breaks and there is no heat or a/c of any kind on this tour so you would want sometime cool but not overly cold. If this is something you guys would like to do I am willing to make the calls and set it up. Afterwards we can meet somewhere and talk about it or other things (not sure of the area yet, but we can find something).

So lets hear about it. We'd need 10-15 confirmed people to show up, and broken pancreases will not suffice as a cop out (that's the only excuse Sithspawn HASN'T used ;) ). So if you say you want to go and then don't show, I'll introduce you to the real purpose of the Millenium Falcon's laser turrets!

Since its in the Halloween time frame, we may want to consider an alternate date separate from the meeting, but with the environmental conditions of the facility, October is the prime month to go. We won't have a shot until March or April, but they will be closing as they are re-locating to the Dulles location.

13. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    we should hold meetings at libraries. (this has probably alread been done, but hey. I'm new!) :D I live in AA county. can we do something around there?

14. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Mutt, count me in for the Paul Garber. This would be cool to say good-bye to it and then see it again when it reopens at the new facility at Dulles. Are you sure this facility is moving to Dulles? Questions: Can we make that separate from the meeting or on a different date? Do we have to have that many? What if only two or three want to go? What dates are you looking at if not the 19th.?

15. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Where will this meeting take place? And what time? Im intersted in learning more about MDFF.

16. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I dont think the time and place have been completely decided yet.

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Oct. 19, probably around 1 or 1:30. The location hasn't been finalized yet.

I think we should decide on a location by the end of this weekend so we can have an announcement in enough time.

18. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    "I'm out of it for a little while and eerbody gets delusions of grandure!"
    ......Wow I'm really getting beat up in here. LMAO! I'll make sure I save my cast and beat Mutt up with it at the next meeting. (JUST KIDDING!)

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm a "no" for the trip to the Smithsonian. D.C scares the bejesus out of me.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Are you gonna let us sign it before or after you beat Mutt? 8-}

Also, will you be able to make the meeting on the 19th?

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well Sithspawn, if you can actually overcome your excuses to skip another meeting, you can try to beat me with that cast. ;)

Do we have a location for the next meeting yet? What are we going to do?

21. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    "Well, I never!" LOL

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make the meeting or not yet. I dont go back to the doctor until this Wednesday....then I can see if it's okay to drive distances. Right now I'm restricted to the mile and a half drive to work each day.

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It's already Tuesday, and still no location. I think we should meet in Annapolis. The foodcourt of the mall is nice because of the food selection, but it's noisy. How about we eat in the foodcourt then go up to the movie lobby to talk? Does anyone have any objections or concerns to this?

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    That works for me, Sithspawn has a tip on a stock of new action figures at the KayBee anyway.

24. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    that sounds good to me. I like the variety of food and the cheapness of fast food as opposed to Applebee's.

25. Dark_Jedi_Jim

Dark_Jedi_Jim Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    That works for me as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.