main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 10th Meeting - October

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Uhhh. Huh??

Chris

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Isbeth is posting a complaint about a personal matter and I'd appreciate it if she would keep it in PM instead of subjecting the innocent bystanders to a subject of no concern to them.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I PM'ed her and now Mutt sees my post. Agreed, let's keep things to PM's. Use me if you need to.

4. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I'm only posing this question because I promised my girlfriend that I would. So PLEASE dont think I'm a total wuss. But......In regards to the meeting on Saturday, is anybody else concerned about safety with a sniper running loose? It doesn't bother me because I know that's all in Montgomery County, but she's REALLY freeking out on me.

5. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I think we'll be safe in Annapolis. I dont think any shootings have been anywhere near there. And in regards to other matters, all are welcome to the meetings and nobody has to right to tell people that they shouldnt come. If you have a problem with someone offending you at one of the meetings then talk to them personally.

6. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    sithspawn, you have every right to be concerned. And don't let anyone call you a wuss for it. There's nothing cowardly about concerns for safety.

But, as Broadcastah stated, there haven't been any attacks near Annapolis. Also, we'll be inside for the meeting.

Ultimately it's your decision, and don't let any one pressure you. I hope to see you there, but I understand if you feel the need not to come.

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Also, the attacks have occurred at late night or pre-dawn hours, not mid-day in broad daylight, so you should be alright.

And Sithspawn is not a wuss, a hypochondriac maybe, but definitely not a wuss. ;)

8. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Actually, the worst day's worth of shooting was concentrated well past the pre-dawn hours; it began at about 7:45 a.m. and stretched into the late morning. The first killing was in broad daylight at about 6:00 p.m. At this time of year it is still full light at that hour. The middle school child was shot at 8:10 in the morning. Likewise, the woman shot in Spotsylvania County was hit at 2:30 in the afternoon. I'm all for people getting on with their lives and not letting unreasonable fear hamper their fun but we should be accurate about the facts we know. It's very true that some of the killings have taken place after dark but many have happened without the cover of darkness.

M.M.

9. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Umm, sorry.

10. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    hey gang,
    looks like my family is doing RenFest on Saturday since it's supposed to rain on Sunday so I probably won't be able to make this meeting.

Please post some details afterwards so I know what fun I missed while chomping on a turkey leg (those things are the best! I wish I could eat them all year round!)

toodle pip
    Sam

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I won't be there either. BigBroadcastah was my ride, but he forgot about the meeting and made other plans. It was too late for me to arrange other travel.

12. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Mogook.....did you trade in your landspeeder for money to pay for passage to Alderaan? LOL. Just a word of advice........Let the Wookie win!

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I never had a landspeeder. :)

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Sorry I missed the meeting. My landspeeder was out of commission this weekend. Well it was supposed to be up and running Sat. morning before the meeting, but it argued with me and wouldn't cooperate. Whats the news for the next meeting? Are we going to do the Secret Santa this Xmas?

15. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Granted, most don't know who I am, nor probably were concerned that I didn't show on Saturday. However, I'm sorry I missed the meeting. I got food poisoning on Friday and was OOC most of Saturday. I WILL be at the next one.

-jorj

16. Dark_Jedi_Jim

Dark_Jedi_Jim Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    I, too, was unable to make it this Saturday, as I had a family obligation that took me out of town that day. I will be at that next one for sure.

17. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I apologise for not bringing your city rep to the meeting, my bad.

18. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I was the only one, it seems, to have attended the October meeting. There didn't seem to be anyone else there. If a new person was there, I am not sure they recognized me, although I brought a lot of Star Wars gear with me for givaway, plus trick or treat Halloween SW treats I made for everyone. Needless to say to drive all that way and NOT have a meeting left me with a nasty taste in my mouth about the future of FF. The nasty PM's didn't make me feel any better. I honestly like & care about all of you and know that this lack of attendance by anyone was just a fluke, but in the future I will seriously think about driving all that way to attend meetings if people can't at least call them 24 hours before, due to lack of attendance. These bad experiences have made me feel that I am not wanted in fan force and I hate to think about how a new person would feel about remaining if they drove all the way out to the Mall and then couldn't find anyone to meet with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.