main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

11.09.12 Am I alone in still loving TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Julius Vernon, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm seeing a lot of people jump ship on TCW. I realize that the resurrection of a dead character can be souring, but I'm still loving the storylines. I for one hope this show has another 3 seasons in it after this season.

I hope that its success also leads to a similar post ROTJ series on DisneyXD.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

Dark-Fox likes this.
  2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    No. You're not crazy or even alone in liking where TCW is going.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I love this show, it is awesome, and i love every episode so ur not alone

Order66Survivor likes this.
  4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    You're not the only one; I still enjoy it greatly and think it's gone a long way from the first season (for the better). There might be many TCW watchers who are complaining about the show but I'm not one of them.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    There are a few episodes here and there that make me roll my eyes, but overall I really like TCW, the first four season Blu-Rays wouldn't be on my shelf otherwise. I am really looking forward to the next 16 episodes of Season 5!

6. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm glad to hear that others are still enjoying the show. I thought maybe I was being overly optimistic. What are people's thoughts on how long it will stay solid?

I thought the original film lacked some things and was catering toward kids, as did the first season, but since then I think it is incredibly well made.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I honestly can'y say how many seasons. I'm sure a Season 7 will be there, but beyond that I'm not sure.

8. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Episode VII will be released in 2015 (though I wouldn't mind waiting another year for it to be fully polished) and TCW Season 7 will finish broadcasting in early 2015. If they're going to keep a strict schedule and avoid overlap between different sub-franchises, TCW Season 7 could be the last. I'd prefer to see it go on for longer.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

As for how long it will last, I used to think up till S7. Now that it's in Disney's hands... who know. They may want to do something more with it.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  10. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  11. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Disney might be better at promoting TCW and possibly at the fundamental task of broadcasting it at the right time and in the right block. TCW might be better able to sustain itself in the future and guarantee seasons past 7. I'm not familiar enough with Disney XD to judge, however.

12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    If the profits continue to roll in from TCW, then I don't see Disney putting a stop to it anytime soon.

13. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    With Episode VII pulling the headlines and production resources, TCW may have to work harder for its dues. The ST could have either a halo or cannibalistic effect on TCW, the LAS and other PT/OT-era projects.

14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    TCW doesn't have too magnanimous of a budget though...

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love this show. It was catching it randomly one day that I rediscovered my love for Star Wars. Yeah there are a few episodes that are cringe-worthy and I can't stand but overall this is a truly brilliant show. I love it. :)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I love it, it has it's moments, but it's a great watch.

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    It's a great show viewed alone.
    It's weird with the rest of the SW universe, however, even beyond Maul.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I still love TCW. I love where its going. Season 4 is my 2nd favorite, a close 2nd to season 2. I thought season 4 was so much more complex and I liked the way the those threads that had been building for 3 season finally started going somewhere. It felts less like a kiddy show. Rex, Ventress, Ahsoka, Lux, Obi-wan, and Anakin all saw some great character development. It started slow but Umbara, Slave of the Republic, and the Rako Hardeen (I think this one was easily the best of all, it broke the mold the farthest) arc in my opinion are the 3 best arcs in the series. Some good episodes follow that and I even look back on the Water Wars arc as underrated.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The problem with the show is that I feel like it's being held back...a lot. Plus, there are too many side stories that mean nothing to the war.

The droid armies continue to prove their ineffectiveness against not only the Republic, but everyone else, too. It's getting a bit old, now.

They make Ventress into someone that you love to hate. But now she's a bounty hunter saving her enemies from some monster that she helped create? Huh?

They brought back Maul for what, to get his butt kicked by pirates? They said they weren't going to waste Maul's return, but all I've seen is more failure with this character.

The Seperatists lose every time it seems and now it's starting to get boring. In fact, I can't remember the last time they've won.

There's more, but I don't care enough to write it...

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Definitely agreed. There's so much potential in this show with everything they've established so far, and often times it goes nowhere.

21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Losing/lost interest.

Haven't watched on the air date since the premiere.

Don't care unless troopers are involved.

Waiting for Ahsoka to finally come to an end.

Hoping Episode 7 will make up for the past season and the current.

22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    No. This show is better (and worse in ways) then it was in Season 1.

23. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As you can see here, a lot of people genuinely do enjoy it, it's just that the minority that doesn't is an extremely vocal one. Worry not, my friend, you are not alone! [:D]

24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Have been completely underwhelmed by this season. Stopped caring to watch on release night anymore. Considering doing an SF Debris style criticism of the show, but that would mean I'd have to put in the effort to actually watch a lot of this crap and then more effort writing a script. And you'd all hate it for me being a negative nancy. Weighing my options, but I definitely have lost interest.

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Really?! Any statistical data to back up this observation or you just noticed some people? Cuz I notice people who say they hate TCW, yet for some bizarre reason are still around. It's like saying you hate brussel sprouts and then asking for a second helping. It's whackoland!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.