main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 11/9 - Nevar forgets

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Guys, I just found out, and I can't get over it, that 11 September is called "Patriot Day"

I don't even know how to make fun of this. I think it makes fun of itself.

Anyway, 15 years ago, Saddam Hussein and the Jews brought down a tower using a super-secret rocket fuel that can melt steel beams. Since then the threat of Muslamic terrorism has become so severe that only Donald Trump can save things.

ITT we discuss our favourite ways in which an isolated terror attack on 11/9/01 has been given hyperbole scope by opportunists, cretins, and the simple folk who turn to FOXNews for instructions on what to think.

TX-20, CT-867-5309 and seventhbeacon like this.
  2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Go stick a **** up your *** you ****head!

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What Vin said..

Darth Basin likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The day sucked. And people who use it as an excuse to be ethocentric, need to play football in a game when the refs don't call helmet hits.

Anything else I have to add would be obscured by asterixes so I'll stop there. For now.

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No human being has ever called it this. It's a Hallmark card designation of lesser importance than "Administrative Assistant Appreciation Day"

CT-867-5309 and Point Given like this.
  6. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I second Vin.

Darth Basin likes this.
  7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, this is the first time I've ever heard that as well.

8. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    The initial post of this thread is remarkably offensive. I really think an apology is owed, though I doubt one is forthcoming.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Ender is making fun of the people who use Sept 11 as an opportunity to say (and sometimes do) really ignorant, bigoted ****.

And I would say using it as an excuse to invade Iraq, require Muslims to "register" or threaten to bomb the Middle East until "the sand glows" is pretty damn offensive.

10. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    The lack of self-awareness with which people mention this as a "solution" is genuinely frustrating.

seventhbeacon likes this.
  11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    About as frustrating as people who want to take away reproductive rights and LGBT rights railing against Sharia law.

Juliet316, seventhbeacon, Rew and 2 others like this.
  12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Goodbye dear friends. I love you all.

13. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    For Vin: =(( @};-

Darth Basin likes this.
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I always come in after these things have happened. Not this time. Not this time. =D=

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Vin is the hero everybody needs (and we love him for it).

Godspeed, my friend. @};-

darth_gersh and Kerr_Plunk like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, thanks for this. I enjoyed living through it.

Point Given likes this.
  17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The ****?

19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  20. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Those people look kind of brown. I bet they are muslim terrorists.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Thank you.

Clearly taking the piss out of people who have tried to use the deaths of 3000 people for their own agenda of, ironically enough, division and hate.

Because you know that when it's 11 Sept there you're going to hear Trump and all the right wing idiots saying how deporting Muslims is the only possible way to prevent another act of hyperterrorism.

Well done on the overreaction though. Indoctrination is strong with some folks.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's not so much the indoctrination, so much as Vin and I having to deal with your specific brand of schtick on the US today...

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It's just that literally no one calls it "Patriot Day". This is the first time I've heard of that. So you're taking the piss out of a thing that doesn't really exist.

Now obviously idiots using 9/11 as an excuse for a bunch of bigotry or outright bs is dumb. But believe me, that gets made fun of and derided plenty in the US.

[​IMG]

Sarge and Rew like this.
  24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    What is happening tapatalk

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    To be fair we all will have to deal with the schtick I'm responding to today. Social media will either have people sharing anti-Muslim sentiment or people incredulous that people have that sentiment.

So. You can either feel insecure all day dp4m, in which case well played to the right wing religious bigots on all sides; or you can lament how for 15 anniversaries we are doing one thing well - making the situation worse.

I don't want to spend the day avoiding media either.

TX-20 likes this.