main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive 11 BBY - Empire in Crisis - The Jedi Reborn - The Second Clone War

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Grand Moff Trachta

"Out of curiosity, are we intending to do the same to other clone masters from Kamino? They're en route to Ando to be transferred, I believe...?"

Trachta hoped that, if the Emperor sensed his sudden pang of irritation, that Palpatine thought it was merely at Lord Kya's daring to speak rather than any more nefarious reasons. In truth, Trachta was troubled that the old man's attention had been drawn in their direction. The Old Sith growled his response, and the Arkanian seemed stricken. The crowd around him slunk away as if retreating from a foul scent.

As if to deliberately cut the tension in the room, Director Isard spoke up. "Pardon me, your Imperial Majesty, but I believe the spoils of victory are of less importance than the disappearance of the Indefatigable from the Sentran system." This time Trachta kept his cool. He knew the conversation would turn to this topic sooner or later, and it was highly unlikely that any of his plan was directly linked to the uprising on Kamino or the Star Destroyer's disappearance. There was, however, the problem of the Kaminoans.

The Emperor nodded. "The Admiralty has made clear that they intend to detach forces to deal with the issue, indeed. I have given the Inquisitorious free-reign in this theatre, in the hope that we can connect these issues with the Hutt clans, or at very least the Kaminoans themselves." And there it was. Any inquiry into cloning could prove disastrous. Again, the Emperor's gaze found Trachta. "It is my wish that several Advisors are dispatched to oversee whatever force is deployed by the Admiral Teshik."

"Your Majesty, I would be most willing to oversee the deployment." Kya's eagerness would prove most inconvenient.

"And the rest of you?" The Emperor hissed through yellow teeth.

This could be an opportunity. If Trachta was a member of the party overseeing the Emperor's action, he could, conceivably direct any lines of investigation away from his own project. "Your Majesty knows he has my support," Trachta lied, "I will go along." That left Quest, but he was always an unknown factor; who knew what he would decide?

TAG: Sinre

2. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Farzak Gedris

"Not much Ur, just waiting for the Emperor to spntaneously combust, amybe have all of his fleets suddenly self-destruct." Farzak said, just loud enough for his fellow Jedi to hear, but not enough for any roving Imperials to do the same. "Fat chance on that though." he added reclining in his chair and taking up his on glass of water. He downed it in little under ten seconds. "All that time on Tatooine was really a drain on me, I'm still flaking I'm so dry." he said grabbing another glass off a passing service droid, eliciting several rude sounding beeps. "Same to you." the Nautolan said shaking his fist. He then turned back to his old friend.

"So what's new on your end, or rather what's your escape story? I don't imagine it was any better than mine, though I must say I had a rather pleasant run of bad luck." he said as he proceeded to down another glass, licking the last few drops of his lips as he put the glass down. "Not only was my entire transport blown apart, but I was taken prisoner to boot. Then I ended up stranded in the Outer Rim." he said. "And now it would seem as though I'm pinned down here. Short of some random act of the Force, or a local insurrection I won't be getting off this sphere in some time." Farzak said looking out the window and into the sky, beyond which he knew an Imperial squadron was no doubt patrolling, it has been the same thing on any planet he'd been hiding on. "So you have any plans to get out of here, or are you just as stumped as me?" he continued folding his arms across his chest.

TAG: Sinrebirth

3. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    IC: Hondo Karr and Lucius Zeven
    Aboard the Ground Pounder

As the docking doors opened Lucius' mouth opened in surprise as two full squads of Stormtroopers were flanking the inspections officer. They stopped dead in the their tracks and stared for a moment, Lucius was not sure way until he caught a movement at the corner of his vision. Hondo Karr was out of his hiding spot and raising his WESTAR blaster rifle.
    Anger crossed Lucius' mind, he was in charge, what was Hondo doing? He then realized with this many Stormtrooper they would never have a better chance then in the narrow confines of the docking corridor.

Hondo Karr leveled his blaster rifle at one of the squad leaders and pulled the trigger, spraying heavy blaster bolts towards the still shocked group of troopers. Lucius Zeven was slower and dived to the side, using the wall as cover while he pulled out his heavy blaster pistol and let loose towards the other squad of troopers.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Rehyn Nejos
    Aboard the Dead Bolt, Nar Shadaa

There was a moment's pause and then the gruff voice returned. "Captain Nejos, it is a pleasure." Rehyn cocked a brow at the comm unit and snorted. It was always funny how complete strangers dressed up their words and somehow seemed to know you when they wanted something. This particular conversation was setting up to be more of the same and Rehyn stretched himself out and waited for the inevitable.

"We have information that suggests you can provide a suitably impressive amount of equipment. We can pay your boss, and include you with a bonus if it'll speed up the arrival of these presents to within a day."

Rehyn bit his lip and found himself straightening despite his relaxed demeanor. They knew about the cargo and that just didn't sit right with him. Jabba was finicky enough concerning his precious toys, he couldn't imagine the slug actually agreeing to distribute them to unknowns. Unless, he was out of the loop on something, which wouldn't be the first time. He just hauled the stuff, he didn't need to know all the ins and outs. And if this Contruum was telling the truth, it could lead to a pretty hefty pay day.

There must've been a longer pause between words than he expected, for the voice returned asking if the situation would be possible. Rehyn rubbed a hand over his chin and spoke into the mic. "It's possible, but I need my reassurances. One, this better not come back to bite me and two, you said you'll pay the Boss, right? No funny business."

5. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Alpha-XVII
    Kamino, Tipoca City,

It was nice to know that, no matter how many times you succeeded and rose in the ranks, there was always the chance you where told to enter a virtual suicide mission. Still a smile formed on Allan?s slightly scarred face. At least he would get out of the fraken black uniform that rode up in the crouch area. As he turned to General Cagi he did well removing any venom or possible hint of anger of his face.

?Sir, yes sir!? Alpha-XVII bellowed machinery like a droid.

He left them room as soon as he saw Bobba?s figure near a small supply relay. He never knew what the man was up too, but guessed the man had a plan. He always knew what he was doing.

He called Lieutenant Adder, on his COM link and put him in charge in charge incase there was any other messes that needed cleaning up. The man was bright, damn bright, for a college kid.

He needed decent people on this if he hoped to make it out alive, but he didn?t want to take his best. They where to valuable to throw away on something like this. Names where already formulating in his head. Dozer, Out Rim, Phaser, and Legs already bloomed in his mind. He thumbed his comlink to the designated two dozen.

?Hello maggots, I can tell most of you are lazing around on your vacation and I can?t have that. Your going with me, on a little hunting trip. Your to meet up at Sector A 7-23. That?s the one with the large elevator.? He sneered into the small black comlink.

As he approached his small make shift on the upper level, he quickly took off the damned black uniform and changed into his old White Strom Trooper armor. As he looked around the former research lab, he smiled nostalgically as he remembered when his men and him jumped out off, their walkers and stormed here. They had pulled out some Thermal Detonators into the small room, and picked off the remaining men as they scrambled outside in desperation?good times.

He looked at his left arm smiling as he did so. His armor had one minor difference from normal Storm Trooper armor, his had a little insignia on it, proving his rank. It made his heart glow to remember how far he had come. He then left his quarters and headed to the elevator room expecting his men on sight

TAG Sinre.

IC: Bobba Fett
    Kamino, Tipoca City

?Sure you?ll have to pay, I don?t plan on dieing, bad for business. First though, I?d like to plan a little trip to the ammo dump.? Bobba said softly as he left the room. He flicked his risk, and ran a short check up on all his equipment. All of it was in working order, at least that was good to say the least. As he looked up a frown spread across his face as he looked out at the carnage in front of him. There was no more real resistance up here on the surface, but even he could here the soft sound of blaster fire in the distance. Multiple patches of the city where up in flame and smoke, like it was a flame bit on Dantoonie. Pretty nasty sight for anyone to see.

He approached a small contingent of Storm Troopers who nodded at him as he walked by, they knew he was a gun for hire but he had earned their respect. Why, only the Force knows really. Maybe they even expected him to feel a similar level of comradely towards them, poor saps. They stood next to a small shuttle craft that was unloading crates of supplies

He looked at them and nodded back. Moving his blaster rifle up, as a little salute to them.

?Excuse me, I need a couple dozen thermal denators." Bobba muttered.

The Strom Troopers looked at each other for a while, but moved out of the way, as one of them guided him to a small crate they had already opened and set outside the ship. He was techinnaly in charge after all. Bobba looked in the small already beaten up looking crate. Its voyage here had been far from a smooth one, that was for sure. He slowly reached in, carefully examining each grenade, making sure that there where no duds. After a minute or two he took the assorted dozen, and a small strap. He placed them on carefully, like mot

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tagg Sivrak
    Ando City, Ando, Mid Rim

The crowd didn?t even notice the Aqualish fall, and General Coll didn?t even peer back to check, simply throwing a credchit at Scout Tagg Sivrak. ?It?s nonspecific. Take more than you should, and we?ll know, as ever.?

The officer beside General Coll, another scout nicknamed Recce, scowled, before realising he?d taken his helmet off and wiping the expression of Jango Fett?s face. ?I assume you are impressed, General??

Sivrak merely picked up the chip adding it to his pouch as he went about snapping the barrel back off before reholstering the weapon on his back, another kill another day a lasting paying gig. Dipping his fingers in a newly opened pouch he made sure that the blob within cleaned off any residue there, leaving only the faintist evidence from a partially spent cartrige and a few extra creds that anything had happened for him that day.

When he was out of earshot, Recce looked to Coll. ?Sorry, Tagg. You know what things are like in the Empire.?

"It is fine Recce, some just have trouble accepting excellence within our calliber due to being either imbecills or the minions of wealthy imbecills. Besides I don't know if the galaxy is ready to handle more of me, much more of my calliber added to you and your brothers, there wouldn't be need for us after too long." Smoothing his face fur back down which had stood on end from a flash of spike agressive spike at mention of his lower viewed status, he gave a predatorially toothy smile at Recce as he stepped up beside him. In his mind he wasn't cocky or arrogent, they were just that good.

?Scouts?? said General Coll, summoning them to follow him to the shuttle. ?We?re departing for another hotspot.?

That was one of the few musics to his ears, hotspot, it held a wealth of data to him. With the alluring promises of action and a hunt of potentially worthy prey. Although, he thought idly as he moved to follow the General Coll, I wonder if they have any descent blood bowls with fresh food mashed to squirm in the bottom. It was so rare to find such these days, with a sigh at his thoughts he gave a glance at Recce as they left, maybe they might have some descent sweets too for the scout.

7. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Troy Heimdal
    Aboard ISD Eleemosynary, Anaxes, Core

?I require someone who I know I can rely upon. I cannot shake the sense that treachery is afoot, and I?ll need someone who will be willing to go the extra light year.?

Heimdal nodded reverently, watching the Admiral as he diagrammed the situation.

Troy studied the holoprojection of the presumably-stricken Star Destroyer as it tore into hyperspace away from its assigned holding pattern at Sentren II. He was also interested when Teshik spoke of a classified transmission from the vessel, but he chose to shelve the idea of questioning it. If it was classified it was for a reason greater than his need to know.

?The vessel went missing, and abandoned its post without notice. As you?re well aware, the uprising on Kamino was put down at the same time, and Sentren II is quite close to Kamino. If it does have something to do with the Kaminoans, the Admiralty wants this dealt with quickly.?

The captain swallowed hard. His sister was presently serving aboard the Indefatigable, and he felt a very real chill creep up his spine at the thought that anything had happened to her. Glancing out of a nearby viewport at the countless stars, most of them under strict Imperial control, he took a moment to admire the strings of fate that had to be at work: the only thing that gave pause to the mighty Imperial war machine in the time since the Clone War was a missing ship that drew he and his sister into the vacuum.

Shelving his appreciation for the irony, he straightened up with a low serious tone, "I trust nothing has happened to Commander Heimdal, sir."

The Admiral paused momentarily, then concluded his statements, "Your mission will be to track down the Indefatigable, discover what has happened to it, and destroy it. Any questions??

Troy had a thousand. He wanted to request an entire squadron to sweep the systems nearby Sentren in order to discover the Indefatigable and secure its crew - but why did they leave? To aid the Kaminoans? Why else would a vessel of such size and power leave its post without provocation? If they wanted to help that planetary rebellion, they were a little late. And there was always his sister's position in the scheme of things. Nothing added up at this point.

"Were we able to pull destination coords off her from that jump holovid? I'll send word to ready the Caduceus to jump to the Sentren system and deploy probes and scout shuttles once we're there...if you believe that is where the search should begin, sir."

8. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    IC: Valara Saar
    ~Aboard the Corellian Mantle, near Sluis Van, Outer Rim~

Valara took the hand of the quaking human, pulling him to his feet. He blushed, leading Valara to ponder if he was embarassed by his reaction to her, or the fact that he had 'mislaid' his blaster. After all, these spacers seemed to have a rather odd obsession with their blasters - not unlike the Jedi and their lightsabers. In the end, Valara settled on a combination of the two - he was petrified by her affinity to the Force; that much she could sense.

?Oh, you can?t be serious. I am Force sensitive??

Valara raised an eyebrow. as much in surprise as jest;

"Well, either you're the most perceptive being to have ever existed, or you've just answered your own question."

She grinned, hoping to soften the blow, but even she was startled that he had picked up on her thoughts. Maybe he had a greater affinity to the Force than she had initially suspected... Still, Valara hoped that the revelation wouldn't send him over the edge. Marka had already painted a pretty bleak picture of Marl's mental state, even prior to this.

"You've probably guessed what transpired between myself and Marka on Dorin. I know this must be hard for you, Marl."

Valara's features softened in sympathy. He wasn't the first one she had come across in her travels who believed their Force sensitivity to be more of a curse than a blessing. But like it or not, he was Force sensitive, and he had a decision to make. Her expression became deadly serious - the time for sympathy and quips was over;

"The question is, will you embrace this gift, or reject it?"

9. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    IC: Mother Cappie
    Cappie's Garage, Nar Shaddaa

?You should come out with me, one time. Staying cooped up in here can?t be that fun. I?ve got a run to Vohai, of all places, when you?ve fixed up the Temptress. Could be fun, after all.?

"Isn't Vohai one of those corporate-industrial worlds? With nothing but cloning facilities and a big monorail or something?" Cappie said, crouching under the Temptress, sounding much more focused on the skiff's broken landing gear. "Thanks anyway, but I don't see why I would want to go there. It's not my kind of place." Cappie's mind left the landing systems for a moment. Her eyes leveled and locked straight ahead, though he was looking at nothing in particular. Her tone suddenly dropped, temporarily getting much more focused, stern, and final. "I can't stand corporations."

There was a pause. Then Cappie stood up and strode back to Alex, tapping some final things onto her datapad. She handed it to him. The screen displayed an itemized bill with his estimate at the bottom, in slightly larger font.

10. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    IC: Angel Whitelight
    Aboard the Mathayus, on the edges of the Toola system

Angel had been in her room meditating when she got a call from her handler. Every time she was in his present it made her fear him, as he has such darkness around him. As she when down and had the doors open before her. Having been trained by him, she knew not always what it seem he was always training her to became stronger. As she did take that first step into the room. She felt herself tingling in the force to tell her that something was not right. She grabbed her light saber from her hair.

Just in time to block the first blow that was sent to her from the droid and the staff. This would be fun, as she let the darkness take over she becoming one with it. As this happen she her eyes changing to a pinkish red tint she went after the droid instead of letting it attack her again. As she did so it was a hard battle as she when after it and it would counter her moves. She knew she couldn't get a read off it it was after all a droid. So, she would have to find another way to win against it. As she when into a rhythm now she could tell it had a very small glitch to it. It wasn't much but it was the only thing she could find that she could used to end this. This battle had when on for over half and hour now, she was getting tried, making some moments not as quickly as she did before, that when she drew on the force more for the finally blow. Bringing her light saber up and over her head then spinning around first to the right before changing her hands with her light saber, that is when she sliced it middle both pieces falling to the floor with a hard clanking sound to the middle falling onto mental.

Her breathing was hard and there was sweat running off her body now as she looked up at her handler. "Lord Vader you called me, I'm here to serve you."As she got on her one knee, but keep her eyes on him and her senses open to anything else that he could do to her or changeling.

Tag: Sinre

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM OOC: Whitelights post is stricken from the game. That is all.

IC: Skits
    Aboard the Avenger, New Calamari orbit

It took a few hours to get things organised, but before long there was a squadron of Y-wings and three shuttles ? two full and one empty ? were prepared for launch. A veteran of the Clone Wars, a Quarren nicknamed ?Skits? ? and unwilling to share his true name, had taken command of the motley squadron, the fighters piloted by a dozen Mon Calamari and the shuttles carrying a dozen Quarren.

?Master Jorgan,? said the ex-Separatist, as the Cerean came to the hangar bay. He looked from his datapad, revealing a scar through one of his eyes and missing tentacles on that side. Rumour had it he?d been stabbed by a Republic Commando, as a Separatist leader, in the days before Order 66. ?It?s a pleasure, barve.?

Rumour also had that Skits family had been killed by a Jedi during a raid on Pammant, the Quarren shipyards. Skits had never pretended to get on with the Jedi Master, in the long years since Mon Calamari had fallen.

?Did you want a fighter, or to take a shuttle down to the surface?? He gestured at the other Headhunters, T-wings and Y-wings dotted around the hangar, and then at the shuttles.

?Our scouts have identified the standard fare for a planetary occupation?? Skits dredged up the numbers from memory, as if by rote, while fishing for a holoprojector from his pocket ? ?1,720 base personnel, 1,280 combat troops, 30 TIE Fighters and 5 TIE Bombers.?

A Prefabricated garrison base showed up in mid-air, the Mon Calamari and Quarren ? standing in separate groups, as ever ? looking up and studying the structure. There was an air of concern about the amount of enemies they had, but steady confidence.

?Our target is the mines not too far from the main base, the base itself which is shielded, and defended with capital ship weaponry. Our objective is to get past the fighters and strafe the base. I estimate we?ll need eight Y-wings to take down the shields. If we lose more than four Y-wings, we?ll need to call off the attack. The shuttles will dart down and grab as much equipment as we can from the supply train from the mines to the spaceport.?

?Either way, Master, we?ll have need for you. Which assault did you want to assist ? the Y-wing bombing run, or the shuttles seizing resources??

TAG: Ki_Undi_Mundi
    ---
    IC: Cannon
    Aboard the Charter, Imperial Center orbit, Core

Cannon lead Arden into the cargo bay, where a pair of neks were being kept in cages. The moment the door hissed shut behind them, he whirled around, holding out his arms to hug her. ?Arden! It?s been such a long time!?

?When did you get out? I only just managed to get onto this shuttle in-time to intercept you before the ISB picked you up again.?

TAG: Nick
    ---
    IC: Master Kruhk
    Ithaqua Station, Toola

?It has been Master, a very long time. Let me just gather my holocrons first, then we can go,? K?Kruhk shook Kay?s hand and narrowed his eyes, watching as the man placed those Holocrons in his bags, and made sure he had his belongings.

K?Kruhk could sense a danger, and it concerned him, but it was so vague and all-consuming that he couldn?t pinpoint it. He?d never tasted such darkness. Master T?un might be able to identify it better than he would. Taking a breath, he turned as Kay finished.

?Alright Master I?m ready,? K?Kruhk led the way, quickly easing his way into the throng of Whipids that were milling around the station. Stormtroopers paid them no heed from the walkways above. K?Kruhk noted that, assuming they had learned the hard way not to patrol at street level. A trooper fired a shot into the crowd,

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lord Kya
    Imperial Palace, Coruscant

"Your Majesty knows he has my support, I will go along."

Lord Kya grinned. As the first to respond, he believed he had gained considerably more prestige with the room than Trachta. Quest, for his perceived reluctance, would lose some. Lord Kya made it clear he didn?t care either way, although a considerable amount of excitement was filling him. He?d been fascinated with politics for some time, and now here he was, in the Emperor?s Court. It was almost intoxicating.

Scarev Quest stepped closer to Trachta and Kya, indicating his choice. ?I shall be honoured to oversee this, Imperial Majesty.?

?As too would I, your Highness.?

Kya blinked, looking at Fauul Kortva in surprise. Why would the Arkanian want to keep an eye on this? Kya suddenly felt an icy shard of concern pierce his gut, wondering if he had overstepped. Was Kortva simply keeping Kya close to kill him? Kya looked to the Emperor, trying to keep his apprehension from his face.

The Emperor returned the gaze, and, never one to miss an opportunity to play his courtiers against each other, smiled crookedly. ?Excellent, Lord Kortva, I shall leave the preparations to Director Isard.?

With that, he stood, and the Royal Guards stepped forward, leading the Emperor out of the room. The advisors began to file out of the other doors, leaving the four Advisors with Director Isard, who was eyeing the Arkanian with some concern. Scarev Quest had a blank expression upon his face, and Kya attempted the same. It suddenly dawned on him that these three had been the Emperor?s aides since before the Empire, and he was very much out of his depth. Mentally cursing, he looked to Isard.

?Well, Director??

Director Isard gave Kya a hard glance, and looked down at his datapad. ?Admiral Teshik is seeking to detach the Caduceus from Azure Hammer Command and deploy it to the situation, as the Core is sufficiently protected to allow a single ISD to leave.?

?Captain Heimdal?, murmured Quest, before continuing. ?The sister of the commander of the Sentren system?? Kya didn?t comment. He was hardly versed in the deployment of a system so far from the Chommel Sector.

?Correct,? said Isard, not even looking up. ?Admiral Teshik believes he?ll be better suited to keep this secret if his sister is at risk, and more likely to get the job done. A Carrack-class cruiser, the Eminence, is at Eastport to take you to Anaxes to meet up with the Caduceus in two hours.? Isard snapped shut his datapad, ending the discussion in his typical manner. ?I have had your staff move items of clothing to the cruiser. Be punctual in departing.?

Kortva spun on his heel and stormed out of the room, as if he had something to do beforehand. Kya scrunched up his face, and noticed Quest had left, as well. Kya nodded to Trachta, starting a discussion. ?Grand Moff Trachta, I don?t believe we?ve had the opportunity to speak in person before now. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance.?

Probably our last, though Kya grimly, with Kortva on-board. He offered his hand to shake with the man, managing, once more, not to be perturbed by the mans breathing apparatus and droid eyes. It was most disconcerting, but a great deal of the Court was disabled, scarred or tattooed. Too many for his liking, perhaps ? it would take a full mental breakdown for Kya to modify himself in such manners.

?Care to share my airlimo to Eastport? I feel that us mere mortals should discuss our comrades? no??

TAG: BobaMatt
    ---
    IC: Admiral Teshik

"Were we able to pull destination coords off her from that jump holovid? I'll send word to ready the Caduceus to jump to the Sentren system and deploy probes and scout shuttles once we're there...if you believe that is where the search should begin, sir."

Admiral Teshik ga

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: General Coll
    Ando City, Ando, Mid Rim

Recce and the Shistavenan Tagg Sivrak followed General Coll, who reflected once more on how much he despised the wolf-man. Not just because he was an alien, but because he was damn good at his job. Ando had been getting itchy since the Kamino Insurrection had flared up, and they?d taken down more riots across the world in the past three days than ever.

Sighing, Coll simply accepted he?d be lumbered with these two scouts forever. They bundled into his shuttle, and took off.

---
    In orbit

Barely three minutes after the Aspirant informed Vigilance Squadron of it?s passengers, and a minute after the shuttles began moving forward towards the Seeker, things went wrong. From hyperspace came a pair of Accalamator-class assault ships, both decanting between the two Imperial forces. One dove forward, opening fire on defences with massed fire. A barrage hit the garrison, flattening it, and the Acclamator was going down, towards the capital.

The other vessel threw a broadside at Aspirant and Vigilance Squadron, from either side of the ship respectively. It became clear that the Acclamator was a mark II variant when the Aspirant exploded and the two Venators, their hangar bays open to convey fighters to escort the shuttles in, vanished into debris, their hulks blocking the Seeker from the Acclamator II.

The four Carracks dumbly raised shields, and found themselves cut-off and engaging a vessel with the firepower of a VSD. The officers on the bridge of the Seeker turned, shocked, to Captain Loevas and Moff Brinnin Conven III. ?Sir?s? Orders??

And, more worryingly, the clone masters that the Emperor so desperately needed were out in the field of fire, surrounded by Dreadnaught debris. If they died? it didn?t matter who won, as Loevas and Conven would be dead.

Executed.

---

The comm. channels flooded with screams and the static of a battle, and General Coll swore, moving to the front of the shuttle even as the pilot reported it. Shoving him bodily from the pilots seat, Coll sat down and grabbed the controls, immediately assessing the situation.

From the viewports, Tagg and Recce would see the monolith that was the second Acclamator speed into the city, the garrison exploding in a mushroom cloud and fire being rained upon Imperial positions. A moment later, the transport slowed and landed at the outskirts, its ramp dropping and what looked like clones wearing old armour emerged, hundreds of the damn things.

Coll swore, again. ?Tagg, Recce, get together your weapons, stat. We?ll need to start taking out ringleaders before the Aqualish get their act together. Whatever?s going on, we need to defend Ando until the fleet gets sorted.?

At that, Coll headed towards one of the taller buildings, towards the landing pad atop of it. It?d be the perfect position to rain sniper fire down upon the Aqualish and enemy clone troopers ? at least for now.

The Kaminoan Insurrection wasn?t over, clearly. It appeared that it had only just begun.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Ki_Undi_Mundi
    ---
    IC: Captain Marl Dusa
    Aboard the Corellian Mantle, near Sluis Van, Outer Rim

"Well, either you're the most perceptive being to have ever existed, or you've just answered your own question. You've probably guessed what transpired between myself and Marka on Dorin. I know this must be hard for you, Marl."

Even with that soft smile before him, Marl struggled to comprehend what she was saying. It was, after all, a shock to the system. He?d always suspected he was different, there was no way of disagreeing with that. Then, the calmness evaporated from her expression, and Marl blinked at her face, his attention becoming focused on Valara rather than himself.

"The question is, will you embrace this gi

14. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Sergeant Adenn
    Kamino, Tipoca City, Lower Levels

Adenn turned, just as a clone who had been lying on the floor, seemingly dead, raised a blaster. Adenn managed to shoot first, and when the clone collapsed back down on the floor, he was definitely dead this time.

Defiant to the last, fighting 'till the end. He respected that; it was something that he would've done, had done and managed to survive only by the skin of his teeth. But then again, any clone would probably do the same. They were programmed after all.

Which was why he didn't have any sense of victory that usually came from defeating a foe. Taking a long look around, he just found white armored bodies. There were details such as the design and the helmets that separated which body was a stormtrooper and which was a rebel, but they were all clones nonetheless. Adenn, with effort, pulled his gaze away from the mess and looked upon the door they had fought and killed to get to. Not reinforced, at least not like the doors above ground. Flimsy compared to the others. A regular breaching charge should be able to get through this.

He turned to his squad, the request on his lips before another command suddenly suddenly lit the comms.

?Get your hides back up here, soldiers! Enemy ambush! Taun We can wait!?

Adenn stood stunned for a moment, all his work, all that his squad had sacrificed, suddenly seeming to be forgotten with this new order. They had just got here, the door was right here. The veteran had to clench his teeth, clamping down on something vile that wanted to rip free from his throat in response to the order. It passed, but the anger was there. Instead, he lifted a hand to his chest and shut off the comm so that Cagi wouldn't hear his next order. Suicide orders weren't the only types of orders he had learned to ignore.

"Breaching charge," Adenn spoke, and instead of waiting for one of his troopers to offer him one, he walked over to the nearest one and stripped it from him. If anyone was going to get punished for this, he wanted to make sure that the blame rested on him in case Cagi had heard the comm malfunction excuse too many times. So he was going to be the one that set the charge.

Just as he was about to set the charge, however, a muffled explosion was heard behind the door and he felt the vibration from it. Something was going on in there, which only made him work faster as he set the charge.

"Something's going on in there," Adenn murmured, and suddenly Cagi's order completely vanished from his mind. Stormtroopers may be dying from this new ambush, but no way in Hell was he going to let their target, Taun We, the reason why they were down here and dying in the first place, get away.

"Set." He stuck the charge to the door, the adhesive causing the explosive to stick, and then he was backing away with the rest of his squad and using the remains of the auto turrets for cover to protect them from what might get thrown at them from the explosion.

"Fire in the hole!" Adenn warned, and his thumb pressed down on the trigger of the detonator in his hand, causing the charge to explode.

TAG: Sinrebirth, TheManinBlack

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM OOC: Post Edit. Last TAG to Matt (as Trachta is fully human in this still)...

Probably our last, though Kya grimly, with Kortva on-board. He offered his hand to shake with the man, wondering what his opinion of Kya would be. Trachta had been an aide of Palpatine for longer than almost anyone, apart from Pestage, so Kya was definitely a novice. Best to ingratiate himself, he concluded, and quickly.

16. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Troy Heimdal

?It appears that his Majesty has seen fit to assign four Advisors to your deployment, Captain. Four Lords are en route from Coruscant. Your orders are to proceed to your vessel and wait for them to arrive, and then set-off for Excarga.?

Heimdal's subsequent smirk dripped with sarcasm at the thought of having his crew's necks breathed down by a bunch of bureaucrats from Coruscant. Not to mention the fact that he himself would be on edge because of their presence. They should just let the Navy take care of its own business, he mused. However, by the same token, dealing with a missing Star Destroyer wasn't exactly in the everyday action description of an Imperial naval officer; these Advisors most likely knew something he didn't, and he respected that.

Troy took a moment to notice Teshik's fingers as they gripped his datapad until they turned white before the Admiral spoke again, ?Your primary objective will be the discovery of the Indefatigable?s location, however, I expect you to return to the Sentren system if any issue arises there. I shall deploy further.?

The captain nodded in acknowledgment, "We'll find it, sir. I'll be keeping you updated, and we'll depart for Excarga the moment those Advisors arrive."

Heimdal snapped himself up straight and saluted his superior officer, before turning on his heel and exiting the briefing room just like his peers had earlier. There was a spring in his step because they weren't his peers anymore, at least for the duration of this mission, he was above them. A bantha chase in the Outer Rim was better than patrol duty in the Core any day.

Producing a hand-held comlink from the folds of his officer's tunic as he neared the main hangar of the Eleemosynary, he dialed the coded frequency of the Caduceus, "Lieutenant Frei, how's your watch?"

After a few moment pause, the XO of the Caduceus replied, just as Troy was escorted aboard his waiting shuttle by a pair of his own Naval Troopers, "All quiet here sir, situation normal."

"Good," Heimdal replied as he strapped himself in to the passenger's couch in his Lambda shuttle Jynx, and signaled the pilots to takeoff, "I'll be back shortly, cancel all leaves and ready the ship for hyperspace."

"We're being detached from Azure Hammer, sir?"

"Yeah, the Admiral is filing the orders now, you should get them via comms shortly. We're to expect a courier ship from Coruscant and then deploy to Excarga."

"Excarga, sir?" the lieutenant seemed puzzled, "that's a long way away."

"They've got something special planned for us." As Heimdal finished speaking he noticed the pilot of the Jynx turn his head slightly as they hurtled toward the Caduceus, looming across the vacuum in the distance.

Troy narrowed his eyes, "I want you to take command of a preparatory operation, Frei. Activate some probe droids and launch them immediately toward Sentren and Excarga. Load up four assault shuttles and have them ready to go the moment information comes back from any of the probes."

"What exactly are they looking for captain?"

"The Indefatigable."

TAG: Sinrebirth, Any

17. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Arden Lai
    Aboard the Charter, Imperial Center orbit, Core

Arden met Cannon halfway, snaking her arms around his waist. She leaned her head against his chest and sighed. Arden held the position for a few seconds, but quickly grew very uncomfortable. She let her arms drop and stepped away, embarrassed. Arden brushed a wisp of hair from her face and looked at Cannon through her slit eyes.

He was the same height, still towering over her, but he looked slightly larger. His large arms were even bigger, and now resembled tree branches in length and girth. His chest gave him the look of a world class fighter, though he hadn?t been in one in years. His face was harder, though he smiled and he now possessed deeper lines of in his forehead. Arden smiled at the sight of him.

?Arden! It?s been such a long time!,? Cannon said. Arden?s smiled turned and she was frowning. It had been a long time. Too long. So much could have changed with him. He could be married; he could have a family. She wasn?t sure what she was hoping. Part of her didn?t want to fall back in with his crowd, but another part longed for his company. Arden?s frown widened. He continued.

?When did you get out? I only just managed to get onto this shuttle in-time to intercept you before the ISB picked you up again.? Arden knew the exact time she had been released. She had been counting the seconds. She didn?t say it, but did reply, ?Just yesterday. This trip has been my only venture. What?s ISB and why would they be picking me up? The galaxy has changed much, since I was out, Cannon.?

18. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    IC: Hondo Karr and Lucius Zeven
    The Ground Pounder, Kessel Orbit

Lucius grinned as he took out another stormtrooper from his crouching position. The four remaining troopers started to retreat towards their end of the docking ring. Their combined fire made Lucius and Hondo take cover.
    Why were they retreating? Stormtroopers never retreat. Lucius thought to himself.
    All at once it clicked in his mind. The Imperials definitely had reinforcements coming. Lucius swore and picked up on the firing. A glancing blow bounced off the troopers white armor and Lucius rose from his spot. They had to break through this line and get into the customs vessel. The next few seconds blured together for Lucius. He heard explosive bolts and loud hissing. All of a sudden he couldn't breath but he did not have time to ponder why.
    Two blasts took him in the shoulder, he felt an intense heat and pain in the back of his head and then darkness took him.

Hondo Karr leaned back into his cover and loaded a high-explosive grenade into the launcher of his blaster. This had to end now, the Imperials were retreating, that usually meant reinforcements were coming...stronger reinforcements. He leaned out just in time to see Lucius take two shots to the left shoulder and spin out of control. He landed on the back of his head and his blaster slipped from his grip. To make matters worse the Imperials had broken the docking seal, choosing to let their soldiers die rather than risk their ship.
    In one motion Hondo leaped from his cover and fired the grenade one handed. He took three direct hits to the chest but his Mando armor was more than strong enough to stop them. He rolled and took two more hits and grabbed Lucius's arm at the last minute. He pulled his Captain in through the blast doors and cursed as his grenade past harmless between the remaining troopers.
    Hondo knew what he had to do. He tongued the vacuum seal on his suit and launched himself out of the docking hatch seconds before it closed. Ahead of him the grenade detonated against the hull and the stormtroopers froze in painful poses and their armor was punctured from behind. He sailed through the soundless, freezing void and smacked into the hull of the customs vehicle. He activated his MagClamps and started to walk up the side of the ship when a white gloved hand grabbed his shoulder. In his helmet view he saw a stormtrooper weakly raising his BlasTech to head level. Hondo swung, using the leverage the clamps gave him, and buried his beskad in the troopers helmet, sending him floating into the void.

As the docking area repressurized Lucius woke up. He instantly went for his gun but the only person their was Mossi with his Verpine disruptor rifle.
    "Where's Karr?" Lucius asked weakly, leaning against the wall.
    Mossi clicked his mandibles like he did when he was nervous.
    "He launched himself onto the hull of that customs ship." Mossi replied.
    "Alright, get to the bridge and send a message to the Custom. I will be right up." Lucius said.
    Just then Rhak came around the corner and grabbed Lucius around the waist and put Lucius arms over his shoulders.
    "Boss, you need the tank...we will take care of the Imperials and Hondo." Rhak said in a matter of fact tone, as if he wasn't talking to his boss.

A half minute later Mossi was watching Hondo on the top of the Imperial corvette and keyed the comm unit.
    "Ground Pounder to the Captain of the Custom. That was not very smart...trying to kill our boss...more important men have died for less. You will be a foot note in history though. Here is a message from Lucius Zeven." Mossi wasnt half as confident as he sounded when he switched off the comm.
    Mossi keyed the portside turbolasers, firing at the docking ring door they had just disconnected. He hoped their shields were still down.

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tagg Sivrak
    Ando City, Ando, Mid Rim

Recce and the Shistavenan Tagg Sivrak followed General Coll, following him to the ship, and wherever there stars would take them next. Although General Coll seemed slightly off put by the experience from his sigh, base line humans, such finacky creatures.

---
    In orbit

Barely three minutes after the Aspirant informed Vigilance Squadron of it?s passengers, and a minute after the shuttles began moving forward towards the Seeker, things went wrong.

The comm. channels flooded with screams and the static of a battle, and General Coll swore, a sentiment that Sivrak ready had doubled in his own tongue. He stayed in his seat but could still hear enough over the comes to piece together things were going badly.

From the viewports, Tagg could see the monolith that was the second Acclamator speed into the city, the garrison exploding in a mushroom cloud and fire being rained upon Imperial positions. A moment later, the transport slowed and landed at the outskirts, its ramp dropping and what looked like clones wearing old armour emerged, hundreds of the damn things. "Of all the times to wish for a little less talk and alot more action. Never has it been answered this strongly." he mumbled largely to himself and Recce, the clone probably would understand how scouts often got trapped in activity-less situations wishing for a rebellion or action of some kind to livinup the situation.

Coll swore, again. ?Tagg, Recce, get together your weapons, stat. We?ll need to start taking out ringleaders before the Aqualish get their act together. Whatever?s going on, we need to defend Ando until the fleet gets sorted.?

At that, Coll headed towards one of the taller buildings, towards the landing pad atop of it. It?d be the perfect position to rain sniper fire down upon the Aqualish and enemy clone troopers ? at least for now.

Assembling his weapons he looked at Rece, "You take the Ando's I'll take the clones." it was his way of offering so that Recce wouldn't have to shoot on his own flesh and blood. Waiting for the ramp to open he awaited the answer that would direct which part of the roof top to race to and open fire.

20. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    Kay Koda/ Ithaqua Station/ Toola

They left he shabby hut and continued through the densely populated streets of Ithaqua Station. Kay was worried; sure he had gone out into the station before but not under these circumstances. He followed K?Kruhk closely, always keeping his face pointed down and his hand on his satchel. And then it happened. A blaster shot rang out, and then the storm troopers started to poor in. Whiphid?s gathered around to look at what looked like a datacard, another shot rang out and another Whiphid lay dead.

Kay felt useless, he couldn?t help these people even if he could have, not wit hthe amount of stormtroops around. He also knew that this mission took priority and if he or any other of the Jedi were to survive they would have to delay aid to the public for a little while.

?Coming, young one?? said K?Kruhk

?Ye?yes I coming, lead on,? said Kay, stumbling over his words as he was pulled out a trance by the Master. He had been too distracted by the card. It was lucky K?Kruhk got his attention when he did or else Kay probably would have been lying on the street of Ithaqua station in a pool of blood.

They continued on. Kay reached inside his robe and moved his lightsaber to the back of his belt, as to avoid it being spotted. They continued to cut their way through back alleys and side streets in order to avoid the crowds and the storm troopers, who seemed to be out in force today for some reason, usually they never had this many men patrolling the streets, they always stayed in the barracks where it was warm. But they had been like this for about a month now, someone probably told the troopers about Kay?s presence here, a storm trooper killing or maybe capturing a Jedi would give that man quite a promotion.

The two Jedi cut their way through the market district and then onto the residential area with tall apartment buildings that were overrun with refugees. Trash littered the streets, along with the homeless. Kay looked upon these people with pity, he himself had been just like this when he arrived on Toola, alone, scared, and hungry. He had slept in the gutters or abandoned apartments most of his first year on the snow covered planet; it was not an easy year.

Once through the residential area, the two were near the outskirts of the city, almost to the wastelands, and then? well Kay wasn?t sure. He hoped that it would result in them getting off this planet, alive preferably.

21. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    IC: Mother Cappie
    Mother Cappie's Garage, Nar Shaddaa

?Cappie,? Badure hissed, ?Do you have a way out??

For a long moment, Capella was frozen with fear. Absolutely frozen.

Badure squeezed off a few more defensive shots before he was forced to scream at the woman in order to snap her out of it. "CAPPIE!" he cried.

Capella blinked quickly, returning to reality, but still very much afraid. She looked around, assessing the situation as quickly as she could. She had had a secret escape elevator in behind her office--she wouldn't have been much of a Nar Shaddaan outlaw tech without a secret escape route--but it looked like these soldiers had just blown that to hell and gone. The only way out now was the main entrance, but it was dozens of stories to the ground from the garage. With the Temptress destroyed the only operational vehicle was the repulsorsled on which Ayfor still sat. Not the ideal choice, but it could carry them, at least.

"This way!" Cappie yelled, rushing over to it, as Badure followed her and provided what cover he could. If Cappie had been a real smuggler, with the accompanying dry-cool gallows humor, she might have made a joke about how her escape route had been blown up the minute she actually needed it, or how she and Badure wouldn't be having their usual semi-friendly argument about the bill this time. But she did none of those things. She just ran.

Ayfor chirped urgently as Cappie and Badure leapt onto the repulsorsled. She switched the controls to manual, not trusting the reactions of a droid pilot. As the sled whirred and climbed a few feet off the floor, Cappie remembered Maelku, the Vodran customer Ayfor had been playing with a few minutes ago. She briefly turned her head behind her, but immediately saw that he had already been gunned down. She felt a little sick, but adrenaline and her flight instict took over, and she pushed the controls forward. The repulsorsled zipped out of the garage as the soldiers continued to fire. "BRREEEWWWWW!" Ayfor screamed as the tough hull of the sled took a shot.

Cappie had been in a few situations like this since she had become an outlaw, but she never handled them as well as the smugglers compatriots she had been with. All her smuggler friends were career criminals or ex-military, with the training and grit to handle real combat. Cappie suddenly remembered that she was just an engineer, a 50-year-old engineer, and that's all she would ever really be. Cappie hated being caught up in firefights, not only for the normal reasons--that they put her life in danger and she didn't have the training to handle them--but because they always made her remember that the people around her were real outlaws, whereas she had done nothing but play an infantile game of pretend since she had abandoned her old life three years ago. Sure, she'd learned to aim a blaster a little bit, but she was no warrior like Badure and the others.

Cappie was saddened at these thoughts, and felt even worse for thinking such self-centered things at this moment when her friends Badure and Ayfor were in danger. Still, these thoughts didn't overtake her panic, and her mind continued to race as she piloted the sled through Nar Shaddaa. Who were those soldiers? Bounty hunters from some testy Hutt she had unknowingly angered? That happened all the time on Nar Shaddaa, but she honestly didn't think she had done any such thing. Her cardinal rule as an outlaw had been not to make anyone mad if she didn't need to. Were they the Empire? She didn't think so, since the Empire probably would have sent stormies. What reason did the empire have to attack her anyway?

Capella whipped the sled around the corner of a building.

Could it be...were they from T.C.P.S.? Or maybe authorities from the Freeworlds Territory? No, Cappie thought. That couldn't be right. She had disappeared so completely...hadn't she? She might not have even thought of the possibility, except that Alex's earlier suggestion of a trip to Voh

22. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Boba Fett
    Kamino, Tipoca City, Lower Levels, Sealed Lab

?Boba, it is good to see you again. Are you going to shoot me?? Taun We said softly and calmly, as Boba Fett flew down on his jet pack

Though she might not have been able to tell, Boba grimaced underneath his helmet. This was the women who played with him years ago. This was the women who taught him years ago. This was the woman who had created him. Frak, he didn?t expect to feel this was about a jobagain.

In a Galaxy of few friends, she had been one to him and Jango Fett. In a species who?s chief principle was one of mild indifference and at most mild scientific curiosity , she had been someone to show real interest in Boba and his future. She had been the only person besides his father to care for him as a child, and was perhaps after his debacle of a marriage, the last person alive who did. If she went under blaster fire who would he have left that he could trust. Jabba the Hutt? Dread slowly crept up Boba?s spine. She was a friend of his, and he was the one who would sign her death warrant.

He remembered something his father told him years ago, back when he was a child, the very reason he went to this planet in the first place.. Jango had killed a friend of his during a hit on a Senator from Taris , Boba had asked him if had violated the Mandalorian code of honor by doing so. Killing a friend was a big no, no from what Boba knew. Under normal circumstances, it would have been a bad thing. Even now, Jango told Boba, he felt deep regret over it. Mandalorians might not ever accept a hit on their own kind unless they fell somehow, but if two took the opposite sides in a hit, or battle, or gang war?they would be forced to carry out their instructions to the fullest. Both signed up to fall to respect their Mandalorian way of life. Not just for all the Mandalorians and themselves, but specifically for their friends as well. They where honored warriors to the fullest, and their fellow Mandalorians deserved to die like ones. No matter what the cost.

But Taun We was not, a Mandalorain. She wasn?t even a warrior to put it bluntly. Boba needed not to look at her long, but fragile frame and ways to see that. He could at least let her live up to her own code before he sent her off to the Imperials to die, or who knows what on a Dungeon Ship.

?Not unless you do something stupid. But I won?t lie to you, dieing is a probable outcome.? Boba said while lifting his blaster rifle quickly to the terminal and shooting it, causing sparks to fly everywhere.

?But I can make sure The Empire never gets their hands on your work. They said to capture you, not to take your work. I only came her to do what I was paid for, not charity work. Give me that data card and come with me peacefully, and I?ll make sure that your work goes into hands that if given the chance, will use it well. I?ll do this, and only this, because we?re friends. You have my word, and I will never back down on it.? Bobba said softly, and was very glad that comlinks didn?t work here. While on hand remained fixed on his blaster rifle, his left hand rose to her, his palm open. Behind him he heard the denotation of a charge, and his mind raced. He hoped she still trusted him. He wanted to do something for her, no matter how small.

?Hurry up? he said softly, but in a urgent tone. Storm Troopers would pour in here in a few seconds, and he couldn?t be seen taking the card in front of them.

Tag: SARGE, SINRE

OOC: Will make a post for Alpha later

23. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Farzak Gedris

"I've heard some rumors all over the place, but nowadays it's hard to get the truth out of some people." Farzak said. "Personally I'd be surprised if there were even enough survivors to consider the Order still alive." he added. "As for that sabotage I'm not too keen on something like that, might attract too much attention. Unless of course you have a better plan than just going in and hacking the place the pieces." he said as the Arkanian sat down. "Well Ur, it looks like we've attracted more company than expected." he said as the new entity took a seat across from them. "Haven't seen an Arkanian around for a while, can't say as I remember many Arkanian Jedi other than old Master Arca, so if you are indeed one please forgive me for forgetting your name." he said rather calmly, no longer worrying about being overheard, the cantina had become much louder as one of the holoscreens had played the last lap of a podrace over on Malastare, there was a lot of cursing and raucous laughter as people collected and lost money on their bets.

Farzak then looked over to the bar. "Well, anyone interested in something a little stronger to drink, I think I could go for something Corellian right now." Farzak said, he then got up from his seat and headed over to the bar. "One Corellian Whiskey please." he said, he then handed the barkeeper the proper amount of Imperial Credits, credits he'd taken off of a Stormie he'd killed while on Tatooine. "Thanks a bunch." he said and then walked back to the table, he sat down and took a sip of the drink, it burned slightly considering he hadn't had alcohol in several weeks, but it mellowed out rather quickly. "So, any plans while we're stuck on this lovely little ball of tin?" he said with a small smirk.

24. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    IC: Valara Saar
    ~Aboard the Corellian Mantle, near Sluis Van, Outer Rim~

Valara waited as Marl thought about her challenge. Would he choose to accept or deny the gift? Finally, he placed his hands on hers;

?Can you teach me to use this gift? To protect myself from the Empire, to find my sister??

She dropped her hands to her sides and lowered her gaze to the floor. A sigh mingled with relief, thankfulness and a tinge of sadness escaped her lips. Relief that Marl would not waste this chance, thankfulness for a sentient companion and sadness for what may lie ahead. Zeev nudged her legs, his large eyes communicating a mixture of concern and curiosity. Valara smiled at him, stroking the beast on the head. He purred, but his gaze remained, not satisfied that all was well. She nodded to the Duuvhal, knowing what had to be done. Returning her gaze to the man before her, Valara spoke softly;

"I can teach you, but the path I travel is not a safe one. Force users are hunted by the Empire, and the people of Bpfassh are not fond of us." She shifted her weight, anxiously hoping that her admission would not deter him.

"But either way, I will help you find your sister - if it is possible."

With that, Zeev leapt towards Marl, nudging him with playful affection. Well that was a quick change of heart, Valara thought, a smile forming on her face. Then her stomach rumbled, reminding her that she still hadn't eaten. She walked past the pair, heading towards the main crew area, calling back over her shoulder;

"If you want to find me, I'll be eating."

Zeev ceased nudging the human, head jerking in Valara's direction at the mention of food. Flicking his gaze between Marl and Valara, Zeev decided it was in his best interest to follow her. With that, the great feathered lizard bounded gleefully after his mistress.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Rehyn Nejos
    Aboard the Dead Bolt, Nar Shadaa Orbit

?We have already diverted your portion of the funds to your account, Captain Nejos, so there shall be no ?funny business? as you suggest. The Hutts are aware of the transaction.?

So, his inclination was correct, there was something going on and he had been left out of the loop once again. Not like he was surprised, he was actually starting to get used to that sort of thing and as long as he got his credits in the end, why should he care? Still, Rehyn wasn't completely sold on the idea and he wasted no time taking this 'Contruum's' advice about double checking the transaction. It's better to be safe than sorry.

The comm channel remained opened, Rehyn not even bothering to kill the connection as he rummaged through various reports and documentations that were stored on Dead Bolt's computer. He inwardly groaned, not realizing there would be such a long list to sift through until he finally found the one he was looking for. His green eyes scanned the document briefly before he reclined back into the pilot's chair with a satisfied sigh. This bum was telling the truth. Jabba must've found some kind of profit in this transaction, otherwise he wouldn't have thought about it twice. And if it benefited the slug, there was a good chance there would be something in this for him as well.

"Everything checks out," he stated rather flatly as he returned his attention back to the mic. A nervous finger began to rub lightly over his lower lip, a tic he'd developed over the years when he was unsure of something...or himself. In this case, he hoped he wasn't making a fatal mistake. "Looks like you've got yourself a deal."

Too late to back out now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.