main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive 11 BBY - Empire in Crisis - The Jedi Reborn - The Second Clone War

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tagg Sivrak
    Ando City, Ando, Mid Rim

He smiled at his success as he heard the echoed roar of the Aqualish, a feral toothy smile that the charge had worked. And as the first three collumns of clone troopers vaporized he smile just grew, as far as he could piece together his last volley had caused a chained reaction in the lines desimating the forward ranks of the invasion. With a bark of his own he voiced his success as there was literally nothing left of the first three thousand clones ? apart from a sooty burn mark. The remaining dozen columns were still marching, however, even as the Aqualish closed the gap.

A horrendous barrage was launched from the clone army into the aliens, and then the battle was entirely joined as the two lines met, LAAT/i?s and TIEs engaging in displays across the battle. The aliens in the building darted down, leaving the Imperials be, joining their fellows.

Switching his comlink to the secure Emperial frequency and getting a nod from Recce that he wasn't still transmitting he took a few more shots toward the back the back of the enemy lines before the General yapped over the comm.

?Tagg, Recce, get back to the shuttle. We?re going behind enemy lines to take out that Acclamator. If we achieve that, we might just be able to end this battle before too many of our soldiers are lost.?

Walking backward to the shuttle he took a few more quick shots as he moved up the ramp as the General once more yapped at them as if they were idiotic pups that wouldn't know that leaving ment to get onboard ASAP.

?We?re launching in five seconds, get on-board!? called the General.

At which Tagg just looked at Recce as they positioned themselves in the back, he was sure the clone was doing the same thing under his helmet. "Who's da Wolfman? Did you see how those few shots at their explosive charges sent up that chain reaction. Pure poetry of the sniper turning the tides of war," Switching to a secure signal just between himself and Recce he spoke in hushed tones despite the secure line, "You owe me bigtime for that mike stunt backthere Recce."

"Come on Tagg, you did rally those aliens around though." Recce tried to use the Shistavenan's own pride to wiggle out of the situation.

But Tag wasn't about to give in that easily, at least not completely, "That's why you only owe me one hand prepared meal of crushed but still squirming food and not a whole weeks worth." Keeping his face turned outward he started looking over their target, taking a few shots of oppertunity whenever they presented itself to hit a soldier, crewman, or droid aboard or exiting the ship.

TAG: Sinre

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Arden Lai
    Imperial Center Slums, Core

Arden spent the remainder of their downward trek, processing. As she recalled, Cannon had already been deeper than most. She wondered what things he had seen even lower than before. Arden shuddered at the thought.

Her mood changed when they landed, though. Cannon pushed open the escape pod hatch and guided her down from the craft. He planted a soft on her cheek and she blushed crimson beneath her fur. He motioned for her to walk and began, ?We?re going to have to walk the rest of the way, to the Alien sector. If you?re looking for kin, they should be there, Arden.?

If Cannon had been planning to continue, it was lost in a ripple of Arden?s fur. She had heard the footsteps of three males. They smelled terrible, and Arden wrinkled her snout. She spun when she heard the voice, nasally and taunting, ?Ooooh, look at that. ?The? Cannon as an ISB marshal, hey? Our lucky day.?

Arden felt Cannon?s protective reach. He pulled her close. The action was comforting and it gave her a feeling of safety. All were armed, though one had his weapon at his side. Arden frowned. The man continued icily, ?And is this Arden? We knew you?d only break ?cover? for her. It was just a matter of time, I said. Revenge is worth waiting for, after all. Betrayal is worth avenging that much.?

Arden glanced back at Cannon. He was rolling in what looked like fear, or it could have been anger. Though she had a nose for emotion, Cannon?s were too closely mixed to be easily distinguishable. His reply was slightly shaky, ?And how did you work out the exact place I was going to land, Wolp?? The tone and the color of his face, made Arden worry. She shivered identically to Cannon.

The leader, a man with two cybernetic eyes and horrible scarring across his face, answered again, ?This was your Shadowport when you worked for ?him?, wasn?t it? I expected you would use this place again. Doubted you could help yourself, actually ? bet it made you feel safe, on your joy ride??

Arden could almost hear Cannon?s teeth grinding. She could recognize anger now. A small push on her back alerted her to Cannon?s thoughts. He wanted a fight. Or, rather, he wanted the man to stop talking. Arden would ask him about it later. She sighed softly, almost silently. Then, entirely without sound, her claws were out. She hadn?t moved an inch.

The weight of Cannon?s silent request weighed down on Arden, as she planned her attack. He was asking her to break her vow of peace until she had her life together. He definitely would have some explaining to do. Arden?s eyes darted, gauging the distance to her targets. Her best bet would have her taking down the man on her left first, and then dealing with the right thug second.

So, naturally, she leapt at the gunman two, the one on the right, and jabbed her right hand straight into his throat. Arden dug in with razor sharp claws, easily breaking the skin. The man gurgled and struggled against her, but she just skillfully maneuvered him into the path of the first gunman.

In a spray of blaster fire, her shield went limp in her hands. With the grace only a feline could manage, she unlatched herself from her victim and kicked his form at the first gunman. With an arching flip, she landed on her feet off to Cannon?s right. Arden crouched and readied herself to dodge blaster fire. She left the first henchman to Cannon to kill.

Tag: Sinny

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Rehyn Nejos
    Aboard the Dead Bolt, Nar Shaddaa

Gone. Although he knew it was wishful thinking to believe that the corvette had somehow missed the garage on their initial shot, it still hit him in the gut rather hard when the truth finally came out. He felt his teeth digging into the flesh of his lower lip as he tried to form some kind of plan. Attacking that corvette with canons blazing seemed like the logical thing to do, but it wasn't exactly the most beneficial. Not only would he be risking his own life, but he would be essentially throwing away the lives of Cappie and her friend as well. That just wasn't an option in his book.

So, when the comm crackled to life a second time to relay to him their current location, Rehyn had already made up his mind - he was heading down there to pick them up. No questions asked, it was settled. "Fordox, huh?" he rolled the name off his tongue, getting a feel for it then nodded his head in understanding. Sure, he had heard of it. Nar Shaddaa had always been like a second home to him. "West of the garage," he repeated again absently. "Got it. I'll be down in a sec. Hang tight."

Giving the corvette filling the viewport one last ominous stare for good measure, Rehyn angled the nose of the Dead Bolt away from the offending vessel and reset his course for the moon below. Hitting the throttle, the freighter shuddered once before taking off on her harried rescue attempt. Rehyn just hoped by the time her got down there, it wasn't too late.

TAG: bad_feeling_haver, Sinre

4. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    IC: Mother Cappie
    Pedestrian Walkway, Level 109, Exterior of Fordox Commercial Residence Tower, Nar Shaddaa

"Got it. I'll be down in a sec. Hang tight."

Still hlding the comlink, Cappie put her other hand over her heart in relief. "Thank the Force," she breathed as she watched the Dead Bolt approach. She could only hope Nejos knew what he was getting into... not that she really did herself.

She turned to Badure. She didn't know what to say to him. The loss of his ship must have been terribly frustrating, to say the least. "Looks like we've got a way out. Do you still think we should split up? Nejos may be able to get you to Vohai...if that still matters," she shrugged lamely. She wondered what his plan was now. Cappie didn't know what to do next other than to board the Bolt and haul jets out of there.

TAG: HanSolo29, Sinre

5. Akaviri

Akaviri Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2008
    IC: Lurek Darkray
    Vicissitude, Acherin Orbit

Finally, the moment had arrived. Ever since his childhood, Lurek Darkray had constituted a steady and ever-growing hate for the 'custodians' of civilization, more commonly known as the Jedi. Days of lifting cargo containers with nothing but the force had come and gone, and weeks on end he had practiced varied lightsaber applications against Duelist Elite droid builds until the point where he could easily defeat two or more in the same session. Now he would face a real force user, and he couldn't have wanted it anymore.

?That?s where the Jedi base was destroyed. Reports indicate many of the remaining Separatist leaders died here, as well as at least two Jedi Masters. But you knew that, no doubt.?

And so there were. He'd heard very little of these reports, but word spread quickly across the Empire, and the stories he was beginning to hear were providing more information than any of the reports that had been filed to him. Intriguingly enough, one of the Empire's agents, Toma, had died during the firing of the Empire's superweapon. It was unknown whether he was actually discovered and killed, or whether the blast destroyed him with the rest of the gathering. The Empire's forensic team were known for their scrutinizing abilities, but they would not be able to salvage anything comprehensible from the leftovers to make a conclusion on Kenobi's escape. All they could do was trust in Vader's force senses.

?No Imperial vessels have entered the storm since ? the destruction of the largest asteroid within it had an unexpected effect on the gravity of the storm, and it?s become more volatile ? possibly volatile enough to consume a Star Destroyer. No TIE or shuttle that has entered the asteroid has returned in one piece.?

Agreeable, the explosion would have left a tidal force that would remain for some time. Anything that entered its orbit gravitational field would be automatically destroyed, through some unidentifiable means of spaghettification. But it was strange that the Empire did not know any better.

?As such, I believe the Force impressions you?ll receive are quite muted, Adept,? the officer said, holding little interest in that matter.

?Did you want me to take you back to Utapau? Or do you have some other orders, for once??

?No,? Lurek said bluntly, ?not Utapau. If Lord Vader is right and Kenobi has escaped, I will find nothing there of importance that I don't already know.? He dismissed the idea quickly, looking down at the seated captain.

The young Dark Jedi needed more information on Kenobi. Perhaps the Imperials had secured a flight tracking. If anyone had left the asteroid belt, there was a small chance the cruisers in orbit had picked up a trace of which direction they had headed. That, or the Empire had people that could find out this information through their stringent methods.

?I need a contact, somebody who might know a little more about this. Otherwise, this will become a wild bantha chase.?

TAG: Sinre.

6. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Troy Heimdal
    Aboard ISD Caduceus, Arkania, Colonies

The first thing Heimdal had thought when all of the commotion had started was that this was all some sort of strange training exercise... but in the middle of a crisis? Things certainly weren't adding up. That was until the security officer showed Troy live hologram feeds of the deluded stormtrooper Nill in the medical bay threatening personnel.

"I thought I'd seen everything," Troy allowed a smug laugh as he and Frei stood at the security station on the bridge. "Did he say anything else?"

Slowly the security officer turned around and shrugged, "No sir, just that he wanted to speak with you...only you."

The three men stood a moment in silence watching the blued-out hologram, freeze framed on the trooper in question. Despite the faceless helmet, Heimdal felt eerily that the man was staring at him specifically, as if he was looking through the security holocam.

He shook his head as scenario after scenario ran through his mind. Craning his neck to the left and looking at another of the security station's holoscreens, he saw the dozens of shuttles streaming out from the underside of his ship, ferrying his apparently unfit soldiers down to the turning blue orb of Arkania, while an equally-numerous fleet of craft were strung out from the surface in a holding pattern, bearing his new troops no doubt.

"You know," the security officer spoke up, "I could pull security from the bridge and apprehend him, no one's gonna try for up here, not even some whacked out stormtrooper."

Troy looked at the officer, considering his suggestion. "What if there are more of them?"

Frei cleared his throat, "The trooper coordinator did say that they were only missing one man."

"True," said Heimdal. His thoughts turned to the Advisors from Imperial Center that were no doubt on their way, and would be arriving soon. The situation had to be resolved well before they embarked, but his conscript Naval Troopers blasting Nill might send the other waiting cloned soldiers into a frenzy, as they were apparently already uneasy about the transfer. The young captain clenched his teeth.

"Shall I send a squad, sir?" asked the security officer, his hand poised to activate his dispatch comms panel.

But Troy still couldn't take his eyes off the image of Nill in the medical bay. The clone had asked for him, his captain, specifically. "No. Hold your men back - I'll go."

"Sir, we can just send a team and save a lot of trouble," posited Frei.

"Nill wants me, I'll see what's on his mind. We can't do anything until this is resolved, anyway. Frei, get me an Army officer chest protector and meet me down there, that's all."

Heimdal turned to leave and Frei spoke up, "Captain, permission to speak freely."

"Denied," called Troy back over his shoulder as he exited the bridge into the hall beyond, "And get that chest protector!"

A little while later, Captain Heimdal and his first lieutenant stood in the hall outside the ship's medical bay, as the former finished strapping an olive-toned plastoid chest-piece over his officer's tunic. "You know you didn't need to swap out the rank bars too, Frei."

"Anything else you don't want me to do?" he shot back sarcastically.

Troy allowed a curt laugh, admittedly to ease the tension he felt mounting with every moment, "Get to a nearby comms terminal, and get [b]Lortva[/b] back on; ask him just what's going on with our troopers. Also, see if he'll tell you what they're going to do with them once they rotate them all planetside."

"Alright sir," Frei said as he turned to leave, "anything else?

Heimdal reached out and thumbed the control to the medical bay door, which sprung open with a hiss, "If you hear shots, [i]then[/i] let security come in blasting." He watched his lieutenant disappear down the hall, then straightened himself up with a deep breath, "Nill? It's Captain Heimdal, I'm coming in."

Cautiously Troy stepped his way through t

7. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    OCC: Sorry it took a while, I will be a little busy for the next few days, gettin married tomorrow.
    Lucius Zeven and Hondo Karr
    Kessel Orbit, Aboard Ground Pounder

Mossi's mandibles clacked nervously as the Ground Pounder shuddered. They were taking a beating. The original shields would have failed two salvo's ago. His hands were constantly flashing across the console redistributing power to keep the shields up. He looked over at the monitor to his left and saw Karr approaching an observation blister. Karr ignited something bright, about a meter long.
    "Hey Hondo, what is that?" Mossi iquired over the comm.
    "Its...uh...an Arkanian Breacher, they use it in wrecks to cut people out." Hondo hesitated with the reply.
    "You sure, from here it looks like a li-"
    "Mossi...kinda busy here." Hondo interupted him.
    Mossi shrugged and went back to monitoring the shields. He then grabbed the controls and spun the ship, presenting its belly to the Custom. Since the Pounder was originally a Mandolorian drop ship it was most heavily armored and shielded on its belly. He moved the Pounder in closer to the Custom, remembering the reinforcements Lucius said they probably had.

~*~ Hondo Karr ~*~

Hondo held his "breacher" in one hand and his beskad in the other. He sliced off the top of an observation blister and immediately jammed his beskad in the joints of the emergency hatch, keeping it open just long enough for Hondo to drop in. He yanked his beskad free and the hatch slid shut, pressurizing the room. Hondo looked around, a single officer was laying, past out on the deck. He silently moved over to the turbolift and freed his WESTAR blaster rifle.
    He stepped into the tube and say it only had one destination.
    3.6 seconds later the door swooshed open and Karr walked onto the bridge of the Custom with his WESTAR held up.
    "No one moves." Hondo said.

8. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: A combined post from both me and Sarge. Allan's post will come later.

IC: Boba Fett and Sergeant Adenn
    Kamino, Tipoca City, Lower Levels

Taun We didn't seem to like Adenn, as he had noticed as she edged away from him, or his kind for that matter as she had expressed. He didn't know the exact cause for her reaction as she was a Kaminoan wasn't she? Since Adenn and his brothers had been born on Kamino he would think that this Taun We would've been part in their creat-

But that wasn't Kamino, his brain pointed out. Or...was it? Is this a fake Kamino or the real one?

He unhooked a pair of binders from his belt and held them to the trooper that Taun We had handed her data to. With a silent movement of his eyes and a nod of his head, the clone in his squad understood the signs. Holding out the datacard, the clone traded it for the binders that Adenn held out before moving to cuff Taun We with the binders.

Boba Fett slowly leaned forward, reaching down and picked up the green battle worn helmet from Taun We?s long slender hands. With this, the battle would be over, The Empire would be able to leave with its head held high, having only suffered minor causalities. He placed it on shoulders feeling the immense weight it carried, symbolically at the very least. Of course, he would not let this battle end just yet, not when the helmet was the penultimate bargaining tool. He would probaly make a bundle credits selling to Cagi, Boba thought showing a rare smile to Adenn, as he placed the helmet over his head.

Adenn pocketed the datacard in one of the pouches on his belt where it should be safe and secure. The only thing that may cause a bit of danger would be if a blaster bolt decided to hit it. And there were still enemy clone troopers around.

Speaking of which, Boba Fett was already on the comm, trying to get a hold of General Cagi...and it didn't look like he was being all that successful.

Boba tapped his comlink again, to set in a separate line to Cagi, hoping to gloat over the news.

? General Cagi, General Cagi, we have located and captured Taun We?come in. Come in.Time is money for me general, so I prefer not being held up, unlike you I don?t get paid by the hour. I repeat We have captured?is anyone there?? Boba said to the wave of static and abundant silence that instead should have been Cagi?s smug condescending voice replying back.

?Frak? Boba muttered shutting off the comlink?s second line.

He quickly turned to Adenn standing next to him.

?Do you want the bad news or the good news??

Adenn just tilted his head silently, a sign that Fett should continue. He didn't like where this could be going.

?Cagi isn?t picking up, probably dead or in between a rock and a hard place. I don?t I think you have to worry about your ?comlink? malfunction anytime soon.? Boba said flatly.

?This isn?t exactly what I would call a vacation world, and today?s all business to say the least, so I expect to get paid for my services. Frankly, I don?t know about you gentlemen, but I?m going to the upper tier of the city, and see if that?s even possible any more. I suggest you keep an armed guard on her, and get comfortable?this could take awhile. Unless you?d like to join, and help clean the mess you made for your men and me. ? Boba muttered, using what little restraint he had left, to stop himself from ripping the Clone Trooper?s ears off. He had heard Cagi?s orders. Maybe what the clone said was true about his comlink not working but he doubted it, the man seemed all to able to follow all the instructions for his little suicide squad until right until that annoying little order. He didn?t want to back down, witch made sense. But may the Force help the bugger if he was the reason Fett would go away empty handed.

Adenn had only stared silently at the bounty hunter as he spoke, not letting anything flicker onto his face like the annoyance that welled up silently within him. Despite the current situation, Fett was not an officer and thus thinking that he had the same auth

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

"This is crazy," Rehyn muttered under his breath in gruff annoyance. It was one thing to launch a rescue attempt for a friend but the scale was tipped when he was forced to fly in the close quarters between buildings and in and out of traffic lanes to get to his destination. Of course, it didn't help that every so often he had to dodge the occasional civilian walkway that connected these wretched buildings together. He had heard the tell-tale sound of metal against metal a few times as he passed a little too close for comfort. This definitely wasn't in the job description and if Cappie had been anyone else, he would be charging extra for his services.

A crackle from the comm caused another series of curses to fly from his mouth as an insistent alien voice only added to the chaos. "I repeat, unidentified vessel, you do not have authorization to enter Sector--"

"Ah, shutup," Rehyn growled in response as he slapped the comm unit off. "I heard ya the first time. This is the Smuggler's Moon. Do you think I give a mynocks's tail about formalities and rules?"

Sometimes he never understood the system Nar Shaddaa had in place. Come in on a good day with neon signs mounted to your ship announcing your presence and they still wouldn't bat an eye. Come in a few days later trying to be as discrete as possible and they hunt you down without any questions. That's what happened when the scum of the galaxy tried to govern their own moon. Absolute chaos. Fortunately for him, he wasn't here to stay this time.

Adjusting the pitch, Rehyn angled the freighter down into a narrow avenue with a very prominent tower rising into the skyline at its head, the location of the Fordox Commercial Residence Tower. According to Cappie, she and her friend were hanging out on the exterior of the building somewhere, which essentially made this mission the equivalent of hunting for a flea on a bantha's behind. He always had the option of landing on the roof and trying to pinpoint her location that way, but it would be wasting time they didn't have. The best way was to pick her up on a flyby and in order to do that, he needed to go direct to the source.

"Hey, Capp," he called into his personal comlink after fishing it out of the pockets of his flight jacket. The freighter's nose tipped slightly to the left at the movement but it was nothing Rehyn couldn't fix with his steady hand. "I have a visual on the building and I'm making my approach. Where you hiding out? I'm gonna try and do this in one pass, so be ready."

10. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    IC: Valara Saar
    ~Aboard the Corellian Mantle, near Bpfassh, Outer Rim~

[color=indigo][i]?Sleeping gas isn?t Mining Guild fare, I?m afraid. Too expensive for them. The pod trick might work, but Marka might figure out we?re hidden in the smuggling compartments? But the air vent trick has given me an idea, to say the least.?[/i][/color]

Valara knew that two heads were always better than one, but at the end of the day, Marl knew his ship and crew far better than she did. She nodded, accepting the Captain's judgement, as Marl scrambled over the crates and yanked open the cover of the air vent.

[color=indigo][i]?Looks perfect. Marka might look in the compartments, but not in the vents. If you could press the luminous yellow button, the pods will all launch, giving us a chance to at least distract their search from the ship entirely. I can give you a tour of the ship at last, it appears, Master.?[/i][/color]

Valara winced briefly at the new title Marl had bestowed upon her. Although it was not the first time someone had referred to her as such, the last time had left it's scars. It had also left her vowing never to take on another pupil, but it seemed the Force had other ideas. Then she realised that Marl was grinning at her, and she returned the smile, albeit a rather forced one. Maybe this would be her chance to make amends for the past.

Marl offered his hand to Valara, but she waved aside the rather unnesessary gesture. Standing beneath the vent, Valara used the Force to leap agilely to the lip of the vent, and haul herself into the narrow space. Zeev wasn't far behind, carrying the air vent cover in his mouth as he bounded off the crates towards the vent. There was no way the creature would be able to make the final jump from the top crate to the vent, but Zeev seemed somewhat oblivious to this fact. Reaching the final crate, the lizard launched his massive bulk at Valara, putting blind faith in her ability to catch him. Valara leaned out, grabbed his fore-limbs, and strained slightlly under the weight. Valara raised an eyebrow at the beast;

[color=darkblue]"Looks like someone has been snacking between meals again..."[/color]

Zeev's posture changed to one of embarrassment and guilt as he was lifted safely inside the hatch. The Duuvhal slunk behind Marl and hung his head, thoroughly chastised. Valara shook her head, smiling to herself at her companion's antics. Then she looked at Marl and held a hand up to him, before he could point out that she had neglected to launch the pods.

[color=darkblue]"Now it is time for your first lesson,"[/color] she paused, [color=darkblue]"I want you to close your eyes, to clear your mind of distractions and imagine this room. Picture it in your mind's eye." [/color] Valara waited for her pupil to comply. [color=darkblue]

"Focus on the launch button. Can you feel it? Now stretch out with your feelings, allow the Force to flow through you."[/color] She waited, outwardly calm, but inwardly a little eager to see if her new pupil would accomplish his first task.

[color=green][b]TAG: Sinre[/b][/color]

11. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    GM (And he doesn't need a bailout) Approved!

Name:Cloud (CT-2188)
    Species:Human/Clone
    Planet of Birth: Kamino/Centax-2
    Appearance: One of the later Jango clones, shares the same appearance as other clones except he has a bald palate (shaves his hair off)
    Affiliation: Stormtrooper Corps
    Allegiance: Empire
    Weapons: E-11 Blaster rifle, DC-17 Blaster pistol, V-1 thermal detonators
    Personal ship: None
    Bio:

Cloud was part of the first batches of second-gen clones to see action in the Clone Wars beginning with the Battle of Coruscant. He was part of the Jet-trooper contingent that was lead by Jedi Master Saesee Tiin in storming and securing a Trade Federation cruiser after their own Star Destroyer was heavily damaged. He's a proper clone trooper and thus never felt more alive or scared as he launched himself across the void, the turbolaser shots of the nearby cruisers music to his ears as he squinted to follow the dim green blade of Master Tiin towards victory.

Cloud felt uncomfortable around other First-Gen clones who had received some form of Mandalorian heritage. He couldn't quite describe the feeling why other than he knew they were somehow different from him and his other Second-Gen brothers. But he generally overlooked this discomfort by doing his duty and job.

Cloud became a member of the 7th Sky Corps where he served with distinction throughout the rest of the War. It was with this group serving on detachment to the 501st when Cloud first saw Kamino during that planet's clone rebellion. He wasn't prepared for what he witnessed nor for what he had to do there.

Helping to kill other Jet-troopers and fellow brothers deeply affected Cloud. He felt betrayed and angered. The Kaminoans couldn't be trusted anymore and if his own creators couldn't be trusted, then who could? If he had to fight his own brothers, what good could come from it?

Cloud resolved then to believe and have faith only in the Empire. The Emperor knew right from wrong and only his judgement mattered, his and those of his subordinates. The Empire offered the only real sense of order and justice in a chaotic galaxy and Cloud would die protecting and defending it.

This feeling eventually grew to include any former Jedi or Force-users. Cloud believed that if they couldn't serve the Empire as Vader does, then they deserved their fate as decreed by the Emperor so long ago.

Cloud is a fiercely loyal and disciplined soldier, proud in serving the ever-growing expanses of the Empire.

12. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Grand Moff Trachta

The airspeeder was sleek and chromium, glinting in Coruscant's sunlight. Dutifully, Trachta's servant had brought his master's luggage. It sat on the pavement beside Lord Kya's, waiting to be stowed. Trachta followed Kya and took his seat in the beautifully upholstered vehicle.

"So, now our merry band includes Kortva and Quest," Kya began, friendly enough, "Quest, a Force user, and Kortva, who I have just embarrassed in front of Palpatine. I imagine this will be quite an interesting voyage, no?"

"Very interesting," Trachta said, grinning slightly, "in the most political meaning of the term, of course."

Kya chuckled. It was a pleasant, civilized sound. "Grand Moff Trachta, you have long been a friend of his Majesty. Do you find it likely that he would allow the Arkanian's such a monopoly? What with the rebellion of our old clone masters - the Kaminoans - I can't see him allowing the Arkanian's to do the same. Are you sufficiently concerned for the Empire's safety?"

"For the Empire's safety, yes," Trachta nodded, though it was his own safety he was now worried for, "but I trust in His Majesty's wisdom. The Kaminoan monopoly was a necessity at the time, one that the New Order wisely abandoned as soon as it became unnecessary." Trachta gazed out the window as the world whipped by. "It would be foolish to put all his eggs in one basket, so to speak." His voice had grown distant.

As if on cue, his datapad chimed. It was a text message. I have information regarding your mission. The Indefatigable made one comm. transmission before departing. It has been impounded by Imperial Intelligence. One of my retainers shall meet you before you head to the Sentren system.

Trachta politely asked to be pardoned for the interruption with the semblance of a polite, apologetic grin, and responded: Am being accompanied to Eastport. Be wary.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lord Kya
    Eastport, Imperial Center, Core

Lord Kya had concluded that Grand Moff Trachta was an infinitely likeable fellow. Of course the Emperor would hardly place his faith in one group of clonemasters, and would divest himself of them at the ideal opportunity. While Trachta attended to some comm. business, Kya mused upon this, quite pleased. A stray thought sullied his pleasure, however, as it occurred to him that Palpatine himself would delight in letting somebody else draw the ire of the clonemasters and have them target them instead of himself.

Resolving not to allow such dark thoughts to encompass him, he flipped open his datapad and tapped in a reminder to request one of his mistresses be at his suite in the Imperial Palace to meet him upon his return. Under the circumstances, that minor concession to his marriage to Lylithe seemed perfectly acceptable ? he needed something to look forward too, if he was going to get past Kortva?s machinations.

At Trachta?s end, a last encrypted message was received, to assuage the Grand Moff?s concerns. Am aware, agent shall not be noticed by Lord Kya. AP out. The airlimo itself arrived shortly after 'AP' signed out. Lord Kya?s retainer opened the door promptly for him first, scuttling around to the front of the vessel to open the door for Trachta next.

Scarev Quest was already there, watching his baggage being carried aboard the Eminence, a moderately-old Carrack-class light cruiser, beside a portly officer named Captain Tieg. Two rows of Stormtroopers bracketed the boarding ramp, standing at attention and being bellowed at by sergeants. As he turned to greet them with a stoic nod, an airtaxi pulled up and Kortva stepped out and stormed up the ramp, a droid darting after with his baggage.

Kya blinked, with bemusement, before following with a flourish of his silk robes. ?Well, that was an entrance.? The Captain panicked at the breach of protocol, rushing after the pair of Advisors.

Scarev?s head twitched, as if he someone had tapped him on the shoulder. The Dark Jedi frowned, and then glanced at the Captain. Scarev murmured, just under his breath, within earshot of Trachta ?Something?s not right. But? what??

A few moments later the bags were secure and the Advisors were at the bridge, the Carrack pushing out of Imperial Center?s gravity well. Captain Tieg, finally having got control of himself over the boarding farce, spoke to the navigator. ?Make the jump to Arkania the moment we?re able too, please.?

Kya blinked. ?Arkania? We?re meeting the Caduceus at Anaxes, Captain.?

?New orders, my Lord, as the Caduceus is swapping it?s Stormtrooper regiment around. A faulty batch of clones, said the Grand-General.?

?The orders came from Brashin himself?? said Kortva, a light air of curiosity, but not concern evident. Quest?s eyes narrowed, generally, at the entire situation ? Kya, having not been party to his earlier concern, began remembering rumours of how Dark Jedi were notoriously unstable, and prone to paranoia. Kya was suspicious of them visiting Arkania, but Microtechnologies was the best place to gauge the effectiveness of a batch of clones, after all.

?Yes, sir,? said Tieg, as the cruiser shifted into hyperspace with a quiet rumble. ?We?ll be arriving in a few hours. Would you care for some refreshments??

Kya waved his hand. ?I?ll be in my room until we arrive.? He cast a vaguely significant glance at Trachta, and turned, his robes flowing behind him.

TAG: BobaMatt
    ---
    IC: Prime Minister Lama Su

Depths, Tipoca City, Kamino

Kamino had fallen, and on this Prime Ministers watch. There was an element of dismay ? what other species would call complete depression ? in Lama Su?s features as the tall and aging Kaminoan fled with three Kaminoan clone troopers deeper in the depths, in the hope that the Stormtroopers chasing them would eventual

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Alex Badure
    Streets, Nar Shaddaa

Alex had heard stories of Rehyn Nejos, and not all of them were impressive. A loner, a rogue, a joker, and definitely not your ideal choice in a rescue situation ? especially one involving assassins and corvettes and narrow streets dotted with traffic and walkways.

Alex looked to Cappie, the slightly-older woman seemingly regaining some of her confidence with help on the way. Alex watched her and sighed, realising he was going to have to see this through to the end, and keep an eye on her. Typically so, he had no doubt.

?Rehyn, careful near the Tower, there are a few of those floating billboards. You know the ones ? Hutt skin cream, and the like.? It was then Alex remembered rumours that Rehyn worked for the Hutts directly, and something in his stomach shifted unpleasantly.

He went to place his hand on Cappie?s comlink to speak to her when a lance of green fire poured from the sky a few blocks away, undoubtedly the corvette aiming at the Dead Bolt.

TAG: HanSolo29, bad_feeling_haver
    ---
    IC: Captain Hali

The Custom, Kessel orbit

"No one moves," the armoured man said, and Captain Haali stabbed the comm. display once more, a timer announcing the comm. dish was recalibrating, preparing to send a message to the Determined automatically when done. He grinned, knowing that it was going to be difficult to slice into the system and remedy this.

The gunnery officer almost immediately threw himself towards the armoured man, away from his Captain, pointing. ?He made us do it! He?s shot the crew!? And, sure enough, Hali had his blaster already in his hand, pointed at Hondo Karr.

?So. You have me at a disadvantage. But the Determined will arrive two minutes after this message is sent.? Hali, manic in his sanity, gestured to the screen. A timer, counting the remaining sixty seconds, was evident, and he grinned.

?You?re dead, Hondor, even if you kill me. Surrender, I?m sure you?ll achieve more.?

A thrum ran through the ship, the turbolasers seemingly set on repeat and piercing the Ground Pounder?s shields at last, hammering the hull.

TAG: UnknownRogue
    And congratulations to you, Rogue! Looking forward to seeing you when you return!

---
    IC: ?Nill?
    Aboard ISD Caduceus, Arkania, Colonies

"I'm here, and unarmed, what's wrong trooper, what do you need your captain for?"

?Nill? looked from the medic, Corpsman Gral, shaking his blaster in what was either rage, or a lack of control. His free hand was holding his scratching at seams in his armour, without abandon.

?Good, you?re unarmed,? he said, swinging his blaster towards the Captain the moment he closed, the doors remaining open behind him, undoubtedly an override included by Frei. ?You can stop the voices, and the? things under my skin.?

Sure enough, when Heimdal closed on the clone and could see better, there were plates missing from his armour at various points, and the black under-suit split and ragged with blood. The clones hands weren?t gloved, blood tinting the fingernails, the clones eyes probably frantic under that helmet.

There was a pair of medics on the floor, holed with blaster shots, as were the menagerie of holocams in the corners of the room. The clones training had certainly kicked in when threatened ? which explained why nobody had noticed when he had seized the medical bay.

Gral spoke, carefully. ?Sir, he?s having a psychotic episode. I?m not too sure what?s going on, but all the clones on-board have been experiencing dreams, and premonitions, in the past few days.? The man looked abashed. ?I didn?t think it worth reporting, as the latest policy report from the Arkanian?s suggested that the clones would experience post-traumatic stress just as much as

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Cannon
    Imperial Center Slums, Core

Arden leapt forward, and Wolp jumped, his blaster flashing up to follow the Cathar as she crossed his vision. Cannon would have watched her grace, but he already had his weapon out, blowing a bolt into Wolp?s gaping mouth and then diving, stitching a bolt at the second gun-man, who was firing at Arden and her shield. He slammed on the ground, hard, the majority of the muscle in his body long since replaced with fat.

I am far too old for this. Cindy is going to work out what I?ve been up to, if I?m not careful.

Arden landed next to him, and the three men were down, in a moment that was as dramatic as it was clichéd. It made Cannon feel young again, and, despite the pain in his arm, grinned as he stood.

?Good work, Arden. We?ll leave the bodies to carrion, unless you want one of their blasters.? It didn?t occur to Cannon that he?d need to explain himself. He was once again in the centre of events, acting like he had in his prime. It invigorated him, and he was glad, once he?d found out about Arden, he?d gone through with this little adventure. He glanced at his chrono, checking what he already knew ? he?d always had a good memory, which had helped his old smuggling empire burgeon.

?Come on, we need to get to the Alien Zone in three hours ? curfew for aliens isn?t long off, now.? Dusting himself off, he smiled at Arden, gesturing her to follow, through the dank of the Works.

?Keep you guard up, this is criminal haven, and not the kind you and I used to associate with, I?ve got to say.?

TAG: Nick
    ---
    IC: General Coll
    Battle of Ando, Ando City, Ando, Mid Rim

General Coll scanned the displays as they arched through the fire-strewn skies, picking out the sides in space. The Acclamator in orbit was tractoring Venator debris into the path of the ISD, firing barrages which were destroying the orbiting light cruisers one at a time. The Dreadnaught was out, and a tractor beam was towing what appeared to be the clonemasters shuttle into the Acclamator?s belly. TIE fighters were harassing the elderly V-19 torrents that spewed from the destroyer, the TIE?s trying to take out the shuttles rather than allow the Kaminoan?s to recover their vessels.

The General was shook from his distraction by an explosion of flak nearby, the grounded assault ship firing at the shuttle as it approached. The General grimaced, swerving the shuttle and overwhelming the gravity projectors, throwing around those not belted in or anything not stuck down, cutting the chatter between Tagg and Recce.

?Cut the chatter, you two. We don?t have time for this. Recce, take control for a moment.? Recce leapt into the co-pilot seat, his reflexes making for a much smoother flight, which was good, as Coll needed to concentrate.

The General reached into his chest ? bulging because he was wearing armour, as always, and withdrew a blinking datacard, wired to the General?s heart. Coll used his other hand to tap a code into the display, the datacard shutting down. Then, with his second hand, he pulled free the thermal detonator.

?Yes, I know it?s not standard fare,? said the General, before Recce or Tagg ? especially Tagg - said anything. ?Just a family tradition, to take down our enemies when we die, just to really annoy the barve out of them, even in the Nine Corellian Hells.? Coll was a Corellian at heart, but an Imperial Corellian to the last.

He passed the detonator ? enough illegal baradium to make the shuttle into a pretty firework for a few painful seconds ? to Tagg, and nodded to him. ?We?re to use that to take out the assault ship. Get to the reactor, place it, and run.? Coll nodded at Recce. ?You?re staying out here, as you?re a better pilot.?

There was something about warfare that always made Coll sentimental. Maybe it was the comradeship, the fact that the entire squad was facing ce

16. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Raine Vartan

Arkania

Raine grinned into the darkness. It had worked. Serifa's tone had been sharp and haughty when she responded to Raine's taunt with one of her own ... but it was nothing she hadn't heard a dozen times before. Besides, the strength of the Inquisitorius was that they operated in the shadows: few outsiders could name the Grand Inquisitor, let alone any given agent. She hadn't even given her name to the clone sergeant outside the mines.

Footsteps, now: Serifa was running. Raine tilted her head, listening. The Jedi was using the same trick as before, scattering the sounds she made - and a new one, expanding her Force presence, so Raine couldn't pinpoint her location with any accuracy. Touche, she thought coldly. A neat trick, one Serifa had evidently concocted to overcome her inability to shield her presence.

Tactics. It was only working because Serifa was close by ... close and closing fast, by the frequency of those footsteps. She would know exactly where Raine was, for the Inquisitor wasn't shielding either. Meaning Raine couldn't stay -

A whisper of warning in the Force. Raine whirled, throwing herself to the ground. An orange blade flashed overhead.

- here.

Allowing herself a quick grin, Raine bounced back to her feet. In a flash she had ignited her lightsaber, raising it to high guard. Now the cavern was lit by green light as well as orange - and the time for tricks was past. This close, she could see her Jedi opponent, wheeling around after her failed strike.

Raine took two quick steps forward and brought her lightsaber down in a crashing blow.

TAG: Sinrebirth

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Serifa Altunan
    Arkania, Depths

Raine vanished at the last moment, Serifa's blade cutting through thin air. Serifa used the Force to ground her foot as it landed, snapping her into a forward flip even as she heard Raine's lightsaber flare into existence. Green highlights joined the orange, Serifa coming out of the flip and planting her feet on a pillar of cavern, carved and strengthend by the miners to support the roof, numerous such pillars of stone attached to whole walls throughout the cave. Her free hand came down, and the Force anchored her as she twisted about, the Arkanian now looking down at Raine, seemingly perched on the wall.

She pulled her head back as the Inquisitors blade cut down, buzzing through the air and leaving an unpleasant burning sensation before Serifa's eyes, the Arkanian immediately pushing off the wall and stabbing at Raine's throat as she launched herself at the Inquisitor. This one was fast - and powerful - possibly as powerful as her...

TAG: DarthXan318

18. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Sergeant Adenn
    Kamino, Tipoca City, Enroute to Surface

It was it's own challenge to walk back to the surface for Adenn. Walking down the halls that they had walked through in the other direction only a few moments ago gave the clone veteran a good look at the carnage that the battle had left in it's wake. Scattered weapons, debris, and clone troopers. Lots of clone troopers. Imperial and rebel clones. Lying dead on the floors, helmets off and on, in one piece and in pieces, and all of them quite dead. Beneath the clone's tough exterior, Adenn actually felt what he could actually describe as outright dislike for the Kaminoans welling up inside of him. These clones didn't have a choice to fight their brothers, they had been forced to by their masters, brainwashed at birth to serve and fight against the Empire, and die just like-

Just like me, Adenn finished for himself. I was born and trained to fight for the Empire and die for it just like these clones.

But there was a difference to this that divided him and these rebel clones. They fought for people that wished to undermine the Empire, to resume the chaos that they Empire had fought to bring under control during the Clone Wars. These clones had no choice, true, but death was a mercy to save them from their lives that had been built upon the lies of the Kaminoans. He harbored no hatred for them. They just didn't know better-

Like you didn't know any better about where you were created?

?There has been flooding that way, Boba, I would suggest we go a different way, via A 5-23 ? near your fathers room. I don?t want my data damaged? please.?

Adenn looked over at Taun We and distrust immediately came to mind, further fueled by the anger he had just previously felt. He came to the conclusion that he just didn't like Taun We, or perhaps any of her kind. How she seemed to look down upon him and his brothers, finding them to be inferior from the looks of it. It struck a nerve that usually wasn't struck within the clone.

Thus, he didn't trust her. Not just because he may actually hate her, no, he wouldn't let that cloud his judgment. He was just thinking as if he was in her position. A captive being brought to her captors, trying to look out for an escape, in a place that she would have distinct knowledge of, especially if clone troopers were hiding somewhere.

"There was no sign of flooding when we came down," replied Adenn to both Taun We and Boba Fett. "I even used two thermal detonators and the walls held easily enough. This place was built to be strong. I think we have to worry about enemy clone troopers hiding in the halls then we do flooding."

The last sentence was to convey his hidden worry to Fett, that Taun We may indeed be leading them into a trap in an attempt to escape.

TAG: ManinBlack, Sinrebirth

19. Akaviri

Akaviri Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2008
    IC: Lurek Darkray
    Vicissitude, Acherin Orbit

?The flight-plan indicated that a separate vessel headed towards Polis Massa, where Inquisitor Sancor died in what appears to have been a scuffle with Kenobi. This is among the last sightings, but we?re not sure how early Sancor died ? it is probable, in my professional opinion, that Kenobi killed Sancor and came here, to regroup with the other remaining separatist leaders.?

?That?s the investigations conclusion.? So it seemed, and Jalorne wasn't going to be proven wrong.

?Well, it's a lead. Polis Massa definitely sounds interesting. Besides, they might still have his departure logged, then we can find out where he went.?

Lurek turned away from Jalorne. ?Set coordinates for Polis Massa. There's a big research base that I know of hidden there, and it's probably the most inhabited. And,? he felt the joints in his fingers as he massaged his eye sockets, ?make sure to inform me of our arrival, I'll be in my quarters.?

Lurek was in dire need of concentration, which hitherto he had been desperately lacking. So he decided to meditate, and focus on what the future may bring. He would need the force on his side now. He was dealing with a distinguished Jedi, and a fairly adamant one at that.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tagg Sivrak
    Battle of Ando, Ando City, Ando, Mid Rim

He watched in morbid fascination as the general pulled out the device, he would have to remember that if he ever got to finally hunt the man, definatly a long distance kill.

Taking the device he made sure that he was familiar with the controls and hefted it judging the weight, definately a long distance kill, if it ever happened. Baradium to, lifting it with a glint in his eye he gave a gentle reply like one would to an overeager pup, "Awww, Gene-Coll you shouldn't have! Do want it set for timer, tamper, and or energy output to set the explosion? And what was your last score on shooting? Because if it isn't better then your flying you're not coming, you would only be a hinderance.

He knew that it wasn't likely the general would take the hint, too much skull and too little brains but he had to try, "If you still must come, know I'm not going to take a suicide order just to save your sorry shebs or stick my neck out by slowing down so we both get our bucce-less heads shot off."

OOC: Shebs=backside, etc. & bucce=bucket/helmet (Some language picked up from the original clone troopers.)

21. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    IC: Cloud
    Depths, Tipoca City, Kamino

Cloud thought nothing could pass the shock of the rain. So, so much rain and none of it he remembered..at all. Just more lies to add to all the rest of this madness.

Cloud barely recognized his home, if it ever was home to begin with.

But the bodies surpassed the rain, the broken dead bodies of what should have been his brother clone warriors. They should have been marching together, towards victory, towards ensuring the peace of the new Empire. Instead, Cloud learned the Kaminoian cloners, the geneticists who created them all, turned traitor, tried to rebel against the Empire and created pale brainwashed clone brothers to fight their own battles. Cowards, Cloud thought.

He hated it, absolutely. He wanted bring all the Kaminoians to justice. And right now, his main Kaminoian target was Prime Minister Lama Su.

Su had lead his squad on a merry chase that lead down here to the dark depths of Tipoca City. If Cloud paused, he could still hear the mighty thunder of the storms and crashes of the waves against the city's structure. So much rain.

Now he was pinned down in an intersection with the remnants of his squad. He had counted three troopers protecting Su. Cloud brought up a hologram of this particular section of the city on his wrist gauntlet. Two more levels down and there's a submersible dock. That's where he's heading. Cloud peered through the blaster fire as it richoted off the walls. He double-blinked and his helmet's HUD tracked and locked onto the prone, crawling form of Lama Su just aways further down the passage. You're not escaping coward.

But he had to make it past these three pale troopers. Cloud was getting used to killing them. I'm just freeing them from their brainwashing, freeing them to be themselves, he thought. He took three deep controlled breaths to calm his anger. He looked at his remaining squadmates, Fiver beside him, Redd and Frosty on the other side of the intersection.

Thermal detonator would be good here, but the blast might blow a hole in the wall and let the sea in. So, so much rain.
    Cloud had an idea. "Anyone got any flash-bangers left?" he called over the sqaud's tac frequency.

"No sir," Fiver replied as he fired off a few shots.
    "No sir," Redd answered.
    "One left sir," Frosty said.

Heh, that's my Frosty. Always ready.. "Okay, fix it for a four-second timer and on your count, toss it towards our 'comrades'. It'll take a few seconds for their helmets to adjust for the brightness and sound so hopefully we'll catch them unawares. "Adjust your visors to compensate. Redd, Fiver, charge forward, cover fire across the opening. Go low, I'll go high. Frosty on rear point."

Frosty adjusted the timer. "Three, two, one, it's ago!" he yelled.

Cloud saw the stun grenade scoot down the floor of the passageway followed by sudden violent burst of sound and light. The thunder, it drowned out the thunder.

He felt more than saw Fiver run forward, laying down a wall of blasterfire and he knew Redd was with him. Cloud ignited his jetpack for a four second burn and he flew up towards the passageway's ceiling, all the while firing down towards the other intersection and his pale clone brothers.

I'm coming for you Su.

Tag: Sinre

22. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Farzak Gedris

"Trouble for the Emperor means fun for us. Sorry for my utter lack of control back there, but I assumed too much, an Arkanian that just happened to enter a bar crawling with non-Arkanians and two Jedi, I guess I was just being a bit too optimistic." Farzak said in a low whisper, he proceeded to hit himself in the forehead. "Why is it that I always screw things up like that?" he groaned. "Hopefully I haven't completely revealed us, if I have it'll be fun to see how long it takes us to get out of here." he added taking another sip of his drink. "Though I must say I am intrigued as to the kind of business an Arkanian would have around here, even more so if we could help out a bit, should it be business of a revolutionary sort." he added with a slight grin.

TAG: Sinrebirth

23. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    IC: Mother Cappie
    Exterior of Fordox Commercial Residence Tower, Nar Shaddaa

"I have a visual on the building and I'm making my approach. Where you hiding out? I'm gonna try and do this in one pass, so be ready."

It seemed like Badure would be staying with Cappie after all. Cappie wanted to tell him how grateful she was. Badure placed his hand on the comlink and looked as though he were about to ask Cappie something, but as the mysterious corvette fired another shot Capella brought her attention back to Nejos. "We're on the south side! The south face of the building!" she cried urgently. "We're, uh, we're about three-quarters up the building..." Now that she thought of it, she couldn't help Nejos too much. It was going to be extremely difficult for him to pinpoint two people on this 160-some-odd-story-tall building, particularly while flying past at breakneck speeds. Her mind raced, trying to come up with some way to signal their location. Jumping and waving her arms probably wouldn't cut it. If only she had a flare...

She remembered Badure still had his blaster. That'd be worth a shot! The red bolts might not show up too well against the neon signs and Nar Shaddaa skyline, but Rehyn had a good idea of where to look already, so a stream of blaster bolts could help him pinpoint where they were and make the pick-up a lot faster.

"Alex, can you fire your blaster into the air, as a signaling device?" Cappie asked hurriedly. "I think it'll help him spot us." Firing a weapon into the sky with no specific target was generally not a good idea, but given the circumstances, Cappie didn't really see how it could matter. All she could think about was getting them off that roof. She didn't wait for Badure's reply, and spoke back into the comlink. "Rehyn, we're gonna try and make ourselves conspicuous. Badure will be firing his blaster as a signal. Look for it when you come around!" Not knowing what else to do, Cappie started jumping up and down and waving her arms. Well, it can only help, she thought, watching the Dead Bolt approach.

TAG: HanSolo29, Sinre

24. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Sinre Approved!

Name: Isaac
    Species: Human
    Planet of Birth: Carida
    Appearance: Blonde long hair, red eyes, 6'0, 225lbs. Top physical shape, black and gold stormtrooper armor.
    Affiliation: Stormtrooper Corps.
    Allegiance: Empire
    Weapons: E-11 blaster rifle
    Personal ship: Not Required
    Bio: Isaac is not a clone, but has been raised among them since birth, as the start of a new type of unit. Isaac considers his life in the Empire as the beginning. He has been trained to become among the first of a new type of stormtrooper, an elite squad known as the Novatroopers.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Rehyn had just about given up hope that Cappie had received his last signal, but then like some sign from the gods themselves, the small unit in his fingers crackled to life. ?Rehyn, careful near the Tower, there are a few of those floating billboards. You know the ones ? Hutt skin cream, and the like.?

It was a man's voice and that fact brought a scowl to his features. Most likely 'the friend', but there was more to it than that. The tone of his voice and the actual words that came across the speaker made his skin crawl with annoyance. "Billboards," Rehyn scoffed and pressed the yoke harder. What kind of in-experienced fool did he take him as? He knew what he was doing. "I'll show you what I think of floating billboards."

As the words left his lips, a brilliant flash crossed just beyond the starboard side, causing the blast-tinting in the cockpit to darken. For a moment, Rehyn actually believed that he had clipped one of those floating billboards and it was in the process of taking down his ship, but the indicator that began blinking on the console said otherwise. That was a turbolaser blast. His friends in the corvette were back...

"Kriffin' hell," he muttered under his breath as he readjusted his flight path, starting to juke and jink to give the corvette a harder target. Meanwhile, the tower loomed ominously closer. Cappie better give him instructions soon or...

"We're on the south side! The south face of the building!" Cappie's voice cried urgently over the speaker. "We're, uh, we're about three-quarters up the building..."

Rehyn squinted and leaned closer to the console, straining his eyes in an attempt to get a visual. With the flashy glow of the city's skyline plastered against the background, it was next to impossible to spot two silhouettes clinging to the side of a building. "You're gonna have to do better than that, old girl," he said quietly to himself, starting to become desperate.

"Rehyn, we're gonna try and make ourselves conspicuous." Cappie's voice continued. "Badure will be firing his blaster as a signal. Look for it when you come around!"

At first, the idea seemed like it could actually work, but then he remembered the neon lights of the city that had hindered this rescue operation up until this point. A blaster bolt would blend seamlessly with those 'floating billboards' Badure was so quick to point out. The only problem was the alternative didn't exactly thrill him. He wasn't sure if he was ready, plus if anyone was watching, he'd stand out just like any of the neons lights lining this city. A beacon that would seal his fate.

"Time to wake up, Nejos," he growled to himself, clenching the control yoke now in a white-knuckled grip. "This is an old friend you're dealing with. She's more important." Inhaling deeply, Rehyn made up his mind. Bringing the comlink back to his lips, he began to speak calmly despite the knots his insides were in.

"Cappie, that might not be necessary. I got an idea. Hang tight." Before Cappie could give him an argument, he switched the comlink off and returned it to his jacket pocket. As the Bolt continued to hurtle towards the tower, Rehyn took a couple calming breaths and focused on that inner force that remained dormant for so many years. He mentally visualized the two beings out there on the tower and focused on their presences. Pinpointing their exact location by feelings and emotions alone...

And finally, he had his target.

The Bolt shot forward with a new burst of speed, coming around to the south side on her final approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.