main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive 11 BBY - Empire in Crisis - The Jedi Reborn - The Second Clone War

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Raine Vartan

Arkania

And just like that, it was on.

The first thing that always struck the untrained observer about lightsaber duels was their speed. The lightsaber was an entirely weightless weapon, wielded by beings who could draw upon the Force - often a flurry of blows could be exchanged before an observer fully registered what was happening.

The trick was, neither did the combatants, generally: everyone who wielded a weapon, any weapon, had been drilled to the point that it was instinctive, and the lightsaber was no different. Raine had only caught a glimpse of Serifa, perched uncannily on the wall, before making the decision to strike; now she saw a blur at the corner of her eye that was Serifa dodging the blow and launching herself forward in a counterattack.

Raine spun on her back foot, out of the way, and swung her lightsaber upwards to parry the thrust. The force behind her parry, fueled by the momentum of her spin, would likely push Serifa's blade out of line - but Raine didn't pause to see if it did. She immediately followed up by moving into the attack again, this time with a powerful downward slash at Serifa's shoulder.

TAG: Sinrebirth

2. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for my absence, I was a little occupied with Darth RL.

IC: Kay Koda
    Cave/ Toola/ Outer Rim

?The marketer would not have known, himself, about their true nature. Only a Jedi Master would, or someone familiar with Holocrons.?

Before they could continue the conversation about the holocrons, a voice cut through the darkness of the cave.

?Or a Sith?

Before them stood the infamous and feared Darth Vader, his voice almost mechanical as he spoke. The cave was silent, nothing to be heard except the sound of the respirator inside Vader?s helmet. Kay had heard much about Vader during his stay on Toola, mostly through traveling traders or stormtroopers. Rumor was that Vader had once been a Jedi Knight during the Clone Wars but was corrupted and fell to the Dark Side, but that was just a rumor, and rumors usually get over exaggerated. Well if the rumor was true or not, it didn?t matter, whoever Vader had been before was completely gone now, devoured by the persona of Darth Vader. Kay could feel that when he looked into him, nothing just a man consumed by darkness.

?You?re Darth Vader,? said Master T?un, unfazed. ?The Dark Lord of the Sith,? Said T?un

?I am. I am also your doom.?

And with those words, K?Kruhk ignited his lightsaber, it green ambient light illuminated the cave. Kay followed suit behind K?Kruhk igniting his blue lightsaber. Darth Vader then ignited his dreaded red lightsaber. Kay and K?Kruhk were just about to launch their assault on Vader but before they could move, Vader picked up the three holocrons and threw them at the three Jedi as a distraction. Kay took the hit from the holocron on his left shoulder, surprised by the sudden attack. Kay was more afraid for Master T?un who was old but also could no longer wield a lightsaber.

Before they could recover, Vader launched his attack, coming at the three with his crimson blade. The only way that they had even the slightest chance of beating Vader would be fore Kay and K?Kruhk to team up and work together to bring down the Dark Lord of the Sith. Kay and K?Kruhk took their defensive stances, each with their own preferred lightsaber form. Kay took the stance of Form IV or Ataru, more of an aggressive form relying on a combination of power, strength, and speed. Kay had excelled in Ataru, but he also figured that the best defense was a good offense.

Tag: Sinre

3. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    IC: Valara Saar
    ~Aboard the Corellian Mantle, near Bpfassh, Outer Rim~

Valara studied her pupil as he tensed up in his attempt to use the Force. She knew that would never work, of course, but Marl had to learn that for himself. Eventually he seemed to get the message and visibly relaxed, releasing a sigh. Finally she heard the slight click as the button depressed, and the consequent rumbling of the escape pods launching. She felt a tide of overwhelming pride in her new Padawan wash over her.

[i][color=indigo]?I did it!?[/color][/i]

She smiled, sharing in her pupil's excitement. It was like watching an awed child who had just learnt the secret to a magic trick. But such over-excitement often led to unfortunate events...

[color=indigo][i]?Ow!?[/i][/color]

Valara laughed as Marl recoiled from the ceiling of the shaft, his folly realised. But the joy was short lived as the muffled thud of ship meeting terra firma rumbled through the craft. Were they too late? Marl placed a finger on his lips, instructing Valara to stay quiet. She complied, well aware that it would be foolish to draw attention to themselves. Heavy booted footsteps echoed through the [i]Mantle's[/i] metallic cavity, announcing the arrival of Marl and Valara's would-be captors. Zeev leapt forwards, placing himself between hunters and hunted, and bared his dagger-like teeth. He knew that things were going to turn nasty.

Suddenly, the ship was filled with raised voices yelling indistinct curses, followed by a round of blaster fire. Zeev shifted his weight to his haunches ready to strike, a growl rumbling in his throat. Valara grabbed the scruff of Zeev's neck, just as the wall of pain hit like a wave on the shore - the pain that told of the slaughter of Marl's crew. Traitors or not, Valara knew that Marl cared about them, and this new sensation of pain would be too much to bear. She saw him grip his head and open his mouth to scream. Valara clamped her free hand over his open mouth, and looked him in the eyes. It was a look of compassion, mingled with urgency. If he screamed now, they'd be dead.

[color=green][b]TAG: Sinre[/b][/color]

4. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Troy Heimdal
    Aboard ISD Caduceus, Arkania, Colonies

Who's that?, asked Nill anxiously, in the midst of his apparent mental instability.

Glancing down at his comlink so as not to make any sudden movements in the face of a blaster leveled at his chest, Heimdal read the display of his beeping comlink, which showed text indicating that his first officer was trying to make contact.

Troy frowned as his pulse quickened. Of course, the call from Frei couldn't have come at a worse time. If he lived through this situation, he might as well rename the ship Inopportune, in light of all that had been happening lately.

Lifting his comm partway to his mouth, Troy held out his opposite hand in a calming gesture to Nill, "It's Lieutenant Frei, just bare with us here, we're trying to straighten everything out."

As he picked the comm up to his mouth and was about to activate it, he noticed the captive Corpsman was straining a bit under the stormtrooper's grip. Troy swallowed hard, focusing on the E-11 pointed at him as the lights of the medical bay, burning more bright than usual, caused sweat to begin to run down his forehead, stinging his eyes, "Be cool, Gral."

The other man complied, and an eerie silence pervaded the bay, broken occasionally by Nill's erratic breathing and fidgeting.

Keying the comm, Heimdal spoke immediately before Frei would say anything regrettable, "Frei? I trust you have Lortva on the line." He noticed the stormtrooper incline his head slightly at the mentioning of the Arkanian.

"Yes sir, he's given me a brief rundown of possible contingen-"

"-and you no doubt made him aware of the situation we've got here," Troy interrupted as Nill churned.

"Y-yes captain. Orders? Sir?" Frei's tone was growing suspenseful.

Heimdal sighed. "Link me with Lortva...now."

"Linking."

A few moments passed after Frei cut the connection, and none of the three in the medical bay moved a muscle. The only noticeable noise aside from the background medical machines was the awesome thrumming of the ship's reactors, powerful and constant.

Troy's comlink again sprang to life, this time displaying the receipt of a connection request originating from a facility planetside. Thumbing the broadcast button, the captain turned his head to crack his neck, then spoke, "Lortva. Heimdal. I've got a situation here my lieutenant probably told you about when he brought you up to speed on everything. It's 'Nill,' one of my stormtroopers. He's experiencing an episode. Sort of like an, um, well he can explain for you." Delicately, as if he were defusing a bomb, Troy held out the comlink toward the disturbed stormtrooper.

He really hoped this worked, because staring at the business end of a blaster carbine got old fast.

5. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Allen

It hard for him to do so, but he somehow managed to keep moving forward and not get gunned down by the pursing clones. Allen found himself continually looking back, as if he was in denial about his own survival. He looked back once and winced, the jerk was still after him. He was running out of options, he was out gunned to put simply, and it would almost be impossible to flank his enemy.

Almost.

He would need to get rid of the clown behind him first. Allen looked himself one last time, and while moving forward, leapt in the air, hoping to be sent rolling by his mad action. As he reoriented himself, and after seeing his enemy between his legs, he smiled underneath his mask. Got gotcha, Allen fired his Rifle three times mid roll hoping he would cauth the clone of guard.

As he landed, his smile turned to a yelp of pain, he had landed on his arm wrong, and from the loud crack he heard he probably broke it. Kriff! He hoped this shot hit.

IC Boba Fett.

The saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice echoed through his head as Taun We spoke. She had almost played him like a harp, using his emotions and sediment for her to save her own skin, it was only Aden?s intervention that saved him. Not this time. She could plead and beg for her life, and use every trick in the book, and it wouldn?t work. She couldn?t barter for her life; he remembered he was a Madolorian and a bounty hunter. He was paid to do a job, so he would do it. It was something his father taught him. If it turned out he wasn?t getting paid on the other hand, he held no obligation not to save the concaving Taun We, if only to spite Vader for stiffing him.

Boba Fett nodded at the Adenn ?I agree, if there was anyone or anything that could cause flooding, they or it would have tried to save the Kaminoian's skin by now. But just to make sure?.? Fett said listening in the Clones frequency to hear any chatter.

?Taun We is emotion is almost as useless on me as on you. I?m am my Father?s son after all, and like him the only feeling that sways me is annoyance. I suggest you don?t test my patience, as you?ll have plenty of time to talk with your Imperial interrogators.?

Tag: Sinre and Sarge

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Taun We
    Tipoca Depths, En route to the surface

?Taun We, emotion is almost as useless on me as on you. I?m am my Father?s son after all, and like him the only feeling that sways me is annoyance. I suggest you don?t test my patience, as you?ll have plenty of time to talk with your Imperial interrogators.?

There was no clone chatter, to speak of. Fett had no evidence to prove that Taun We was. Standard protocol in-case Kamino fell was to avoid using all comlink transmissions, unless authorised by the Supreme Commander ? in this case, Taun We. There was no doubt that Adenn was on to something, with his irritating paranoia ? of course the Arkanian clones were paranoid, Taun thought arrogantly. So, she made one more play into the conversation between the two.

?Of course, Fett will find comm. chatter if it exists, I have no doubt.? That little slippery eel into the conversation would drop the seed of doubt into Adenn?s mind ? that Fett was in-fact simply going along with a plan they?d confided before Adenn had burst in. She had no doubt that Adenn would even go far enough to consider Fett was shielding the transmissions of the clones in hiding to kill him and the other Stormtroopers?

Taun took a breath, resisting the urge to look at the datacard on Adenn?s belt. She needed it back, and soon. Sure, she had a transmitter located in her neck in-case of emergencies, but she was entirely reliant upon her clones taking the initiative, assuming they knew she was alive?

---
    Upper Platform

Allen hit the third clone, the shots taking off his head at the neck, but by the time he managed that the two clones were mounting up the LAAT/i?s and had activated jammers, cutting off communication between the surface and the orbiting Star Destroyer ? one of the two originally assigned to the mission, the other now orbiting Toola.

The jamming cut across all channels, including Fett and Adenn?s, and thus, if Adenn did chose to distrust Fett, he?d discover the lines were jammed and thus it?d add to suspicions that Fett was working with Taun We ? fate seemed on her side.

One LAAT/i veered up, orienting on where Allen had landed and turning the forward cannons to target him. The second one sealed its loading doors, vacuum-tight, and dove underwater ? a surprising action, considering the LAAT/i hadn?t been designed for such actions, but it appeared to be coping well enough...

---
    Tipoca Depths

?Incoming grenade!?

Prime Minister Lama Su went to stand, and scramble under cover in as dignified fashion as possible when the grenade went off, knocking the Kaminoan back to the ground. He cried out, his eyes dazed, the clones visors kicking in immediately and taking the glare off. In that split second, however, the clones opened fire, a barrage which cut forward. The Kaminoan clones, acting on memory, returned the fire, at where their enemies had been. Screams rang out, and bodies dropped.

By the time Lama Su?s eyes recovered, many, many seconds later, he found himself further away from the conflict, having crawled further away from the battle. He pulled himself around a corner, but Cloud would undoubtedly see him ? he would also see that his comrades, and the enemy clones, were dead.

A terrible loss, for final victory.

TAG: TheManinBlack, Sarge221,YT-2400
    ---
    IC: Marl Dusa
    Aboard the Corellian Mantle, Bpfassh, Outer Rim [/color]

A hand clamped onto his mouth, closing it, and Marl looked at Valara, confusion pushing aside enough of the pain to allow him to remember where he was. Her eyes were impeaching and severe at the same time, and he blinked, getting control of himself as the sensation passed.

The ramp lowered again, and Marl heard footsteps leave the ship. He pushed Valara?s hand down, looking unhappy. ?Sorry about that, and, um, thank you, Valara.? Zeev was hiding b

7. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    IC: Captain Isaac
    -Lorta City, Lorta

Lorta. A world of islands, oceans, and fanatical religious heretics. Isaac had seen what religion could make people do, and also what it couldn't. Some of the bravest people he had fought alongside, excluding his clone brothers, had strong religious grounds and would, and did, fight to the bitter end. Though, this group, the Lortan Fanatics, were nothing but expansionists who have shown no respect for Order and control in their own system, yet alone the galaxy. They were unrelentlessly attacking humanoids to the point pass submission and to near extinction.

The Empire had no choice, but to intervene and stamp out this evil. The Stormtroopers were the unforgiving tools of the Lortan's destruction. However, Isaac wasn't blind to the politics that be. Information had dripped down from the higher-ups about the Droid Army of Mustafar and how the Empire needed to tighten its control. Isaac didn't know all of it, but didn't think he needed to. He was there to fight. He never was much of a politician anyway.

After they had been given a briefing on their assignment, they wasted no time going to planning. There were only 4 members in their squad and the Empire had supplied them with 4 speeders and 2 AT-STs. They decided that they would take 3 speeders and both walkers. One would be driven by remote control and the other by Bugzy.

Blinking and bringing up a map of the Fortress City, it took them no time to discover the point of entry. It would be through the docks. The city's walls were open at that point, but they knew that and undoubtedly had extra defense there. Unfortunately, the stormtroopers were so many in number, Isaac calculated that it would be only a minor inconvenience.

With their entrance resolved, they travelled out, around the battle and toward the sea, eventually coming behind the city where, presumedly, ships would dock. They had travelled in silence and would work in silence. It was most efficient. Rising off his speeder, Isaac raised his blaser rifle and scanned the perimeter. They could hear and see the battle still raging on and from the looks of it, the Empire had the edge, but was only a few steps away from a deadlock.

The coast was clear, literally. Suspicious, but they were on alert. Slowly and silently, they moved one kilometer closer to the coastline, keeping their eyes open for any enemy presence. The opening of the dock was only a few yards away now, though Isaac sensed that they would have conflict soon. He just wanted to be on the offensive.

Tag: Sinrebirth

8. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Sergeant Adenn
    Kamino, Tipoca City, Lower Levels

?Of course, Fett will find comm. chatter if it exists, I have no doubt.?

Boba Fett seemed to know not to be played by Taun We which Adenn was glad to see. The last thing he wanted to do was be lured around the maze that was the lower levels by someone who, in contrast, probably knew every twist and turn of the halls and possibly what was currently around those twists and turns. It was all just tactical sense to Adenn, practically the only sense that he really did know how to think with.

But Taun We having just pointed out that Boba Fett was indeed, well, Boba Fett, the worries weren't fully going away just yet. It was true that the bounty hunter had stuck around and helped with taking down the Kaminoans, but Adenn had to remember that Fett was just that; a bounty hunter. Only working where the credits piled the highest, no any other commitment to his employers, just out for himself.

And he was in the room speaking with Taun We before Adenn and his squad managed to break through and he was given access to Kamino's comms among other things. They were suspicions but they didn't hold too much water - no pun intended. It looked like Fett had to blast into Taun We's room and Taun We herself just didn't seem to like Adenn. Still...

It was then the clone had decided to turn on his comlink to try to get in touch with Cagi or any other Imperial forces on Kamino. Nothing but static. Jammed.

"Comms are jammed," Adenn reported, and his worries increased slightly. Anything happened, no way he could contact any other Imperial forces. So he and his squad was stuck with a bounty hunter, a top Kaminoan, and whatever else may be hiding in the Lower Levels. He didn't really like the situation.

Something was creeping in on Adenn just then. It wasn't from anything physical, however, it was a mental thing. Something that he had felt once before though this time it contained much less potency then before when the feeling had previously taken control. It was there, in the deepest recesses of his mind that wanted to reach out and take over. Something that refused to be constrained by Imperial protocols and just let loose.

He wasn't sure how his hand got there, but Adenn found it there either way. It touched at the compartment at his belt before flipping it open and retrieving the data card within, the flimsy thing feeling so small and fragile within his armored gauntlet once it took hold of it. He held it between his fingers before slowly moving it back and forth with his fingers, flipping it over between them and a part of him wondered how much pressure it would take between two of his fingers to break it in half.

It's flimsiness betrayed it's importance. Adenn was a soldier so he wasn't that into computers or other technical marvels. But the data card had to contain terabytes of data on the Kaminoans' work on how to create clones. Clones that had and may again be used to assault the Empire. That could not be allowed, the stability of the Empire was all that held the galaxy together and it must continue to do so. As a clone trooper in the service of the Empire, he had to engage and destroy all those that may endanger it.

I was only ordered to capture Taun We, Adenn thought to himself while the datacard continued to be flipped between his fingers. Flip-flip. They had Taun We so why bother with the data? Flip-flip-flip. This was her work wasn't it, so the Empire could just get it out of Taun We if they wanted it so badly. Flip-flip. But if the data was lost, especially if anything occurred during this trip back to the surface, then anyone with a brain could possibly use the data to fashion their own clone army.

Flip-flip-flip. Flip-flip. Flip-flip-flip-flip. Flip.

Why need Taun We anyway? The Empire was making it's own clones, ones that would rightfully serve it. Why would they want to replicate data of clones that ha

9. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Farzak Gedris

"I'm sick of of these blasted assassins." he said with his eyes closed tightly, the glass next to him bursting into several shards. The same glass shards went flying at the cloaked being with the extended hands, flying like daggers toward each hand, and a few others at the strangers own throat. "I have had enough of this." he added as he stood up and personally threw his chair at him as the shards neared their mark. "BARFIGHT!!!" he said through the Force, the sound coming seemingly from one of the corners of the bar, in fact the one directly opposite himself, throwing off the actual location. He proceeded to punch a few of the drunks at the bar, starting a brawl large enough to distract the assassin long enough for them to get away.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tagg Sivrak
    Battle of Ando, Ando City, Ando, Mid Rim

?This isn?t about pay, Tagg. It?s about another Clone Wars. If you want another one, then keep that lip because it?ll be all you have left.? replied Coll

Mumbling in the growl-like sounds of his native tongue he rubbed his palms together preparring for the fight. Seeing the General load up he pulled a recharge pistol from one of the lockers, the new scout trooper model with a wide guard that nicely fit his different fingers. How considerate of the Empire to create the special variant for scouts, and in just his size.

He held it at the ready in one hand while the other held one of the Rodian Repulsor Throwing Razors in his other. He always had his four to five grenades on his person depending on the mission, in this case one cryo, one EC, and two high yield Frag/directional attachment grenades plus the bell of this ball that signed all their ends if it went off early. Such a love-hate relationship whenever it came to dealing with such explosives, just like a woman...your salvation one moment, and your death the next.

The shuttle dropped down, and the ramp opened quickly, Coll spraying fire from his rifle across three clones, taking them down immediately. The General grinned at Tagg at the accuracy of his shots, and darted into the assault ship hangar. ?Come on, boy!? The General tossed a EC grenade forward, a wave of energy disabling the HUDs of the clones

Ah, that is why no clones for this mission. He had been adding his own shots focusing clearing the path the General had taken, such pompousness of not letting know the other know the route they were taken was a bad way to seperate he thought as he ambled along behind the slower human.

They must really have raized and burned their world of origin to have survived as such slow mammals, that or else contended with slugs. It was a stray thought in the heat of battle as he took his liberty running through the knots of troopers instead of around as he pocketed his procured pistol for another Razor as he swung, piroted, and tackle-launched via clones necks through the knot of struggling clones toward the exit the General was headed. Might as well lesson some of the resistance of leaving going in right?

He heard the distant shout of "Eyes!", meaning a flashbag, and dropped to all fours running flat out past and through clones with his eyes closed. Who for some reason seemed more likely to shoot each other than him from his side trip, after the pop and light he sensed, despite closed eyes, he opened them again as he came up on the Generals heels that he had let his nose guide him too. Standing up he turned instinctually covering the Generals back.

Pulling the pistol he resumed his firing as he backed into the corridor with Coll, "Glad I learned to drop to all fours when humans do that, you know your kind has an awefull tendacy to want to shoot blind? Species wide death wish." he sighed shaking his head as he kicked at where the controls should be as memory served to close and lock the doors to the corridor as he kept picking of clones by armed or shooting status.

At this point the blood spray of the fresh kills was thick in his nostrils and splattered on his clothes, artaries had a tendacy to spray fast and hard after all even from these sluggish and poorly trained batch.

11. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Arden Lai
    Imperial Center Slums, Core

Arden stood up from her crouch and immediately went to survey the bodies. As Cannon watched her smiling, she checked to make sure they were truly dead. Cannon must have forgotten how hard some people were to kill. He was getting old. She noticed it, just then. He even had developed a small gut, that Arden had overlooked. Arden shook her head minutely and bent down over Wolp?s body.

The blaster bolt to the face had ruined his face. Arden looked away quickly, finding his own weapon on the ground by his outstretched hand. Where as Arden would normally feel pity for the corpse, she could scrounge up no remorse for Wolp. She picked the blaster off the dusty floor, as Cannon said, ?Good work, Arden. We?ll leave the bodies to carrion, unless you want one of their blasters.? He had always been decent at guessing her motives. She allowed herself an unhappy smile at the memory.

Arden glanced at the blaster she had taken. It was the new SSK-7 that Arden had only just read about o her trip to Coruscant. What was strange was that a common thug would have access to such a powerful weapon, suggesting he was not so common. She slipped the gun into her old waist holster and turned towards Cannon. He was already starting to walk away, but beckoned her to follow. She took a few steps and stopped when he turned back saying, ?Come on, we need to get to the Alien Zone in three hours ? curfew for aliens isn?t long off, now. Keep you guard up, this is criminal haven, and not the kind you and I used to associate with, I?ve got to say.?

Arden reluctantly continued walking, but still moved without a sense of urgency. She stared at his back until he glanced back. She breathed deep, preparing her assault. With a dry tone she asked, ?What exactly are we doing? I?m grateful of you for coming to pick me up, but do you think it makes up for the nine years I spent in a prison cell, for you? I can?t just follow you, again, not so suddenly. And, I want some answers. Nine years is a long time in this galaxy. Especially for you. I?ve seen you get over things in weeks, so how am I supposed to know where you stand today? What?s the deal with Wolp and his cronies? And, who did Wolp mean when he said, ?when you worked for ?him??? What the hell has happened to you??

Arden took another deep breath. She had thrown all her questions out at once and was a little winded. Her eyes bored into Cannon while she waited for him to respond.

12. Akaviri

Akaviri Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2008
    IC: Lurek Darkray
    Vicissitude, Polis Massa orbit

?Orders??

?Okay, this will be tricky. They'll want to get out of here undetected, which will be difficult if we can't find them.?

Always clinging to their 'way of the force', secretion was a quality found inherent within the Jedi people. If it was Kenobi, it would be especially difficult to track him down. But Lurek had an advantage far greater than any: authority. Being part of the Imperial inquisitors, he was able to use anything at his disposal, and the Empire itself was an invaluable tool that could go a long way in situations like this. If the Kallidahin inhabitants did not listen to Imperial directive, then they would be regarding Kenobi's life with more worth than their own, and would ultimately be destroyed. Hiding a Jedi has that kind of consequence.

?I know this is going to be a pain, but I'll need every hangar on that asteroid in lockdown to ensure our Jedi will not escape. I doubt there are many hangars within that port, so a search party or two will suffice.?

Young Darkray made his way to the view panel again.

?We will also need to search every ship within the vicinity of this starport. I will accompany a small team to one of the hangars. If anyone is found, comm in immediately. There is no room for error.?

Lurek looked down at Jalorne, who had descended further into his seat to the point where he now was lolling with that same apathetic expression he always had.

?Take heart, Captain. This will look good for you and your crew if I manage to apprehend Kenobi today.?

Lurek turned on the heels of his worn boots.

?Now, let's get going.?

TAG: Sinre.

13. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    IC: Cloud
    Kamino, Tipoca City, The Depths

The glare was intense even through the filters in Cloud's helmet as was the noise. But it didn't matter as Cloud was where he belonged, airborne above his enemies, raining down rage and blaster fire. Cloud kept firing to his right where he remembered seeing one of Lama Su's bodyguard clones crouching. The glare died down, the noise subsided, and when his vision returned to normal, Cloud was careening into the trooper. His four second jetpack burn had given Cloud enough momentum to bowl the trooper over. Instincts and training took over as Cloud rolled off the trooper into a crouch and came up with his rifle trained on his enemy.....only to see that enemy lying crumpled on the floor, dead. A quick weapon pivot and Cloud saw the same scene on the other side of the intersection, both enemy troopers dead.

"All three down, Redd, copy?" Cloud said automatically. When he didn't get a response, he said, "Redd? Frosty?" Cloud looked back down the corridor to see the prone bodies of his comrades on the floor. "Fiver!" he screamed as he rushed to check on his men though he knew the sad truth already. He squatted beside Fiver's body, part of his chest armor blackened and smoldering by blaster fire. He laid a hand upon his friend's chest as he gazed over at Redd's and Frosty's bodies. "Sorry lads," he said softly. He noticed movement further down the corridor and he looked up in time to catch a glance of Lama Su rounding a corner. "Game's not up yet boys....and he'll pay with his thin scrawny neck." Cloud sprinted down the hall trailing behind Lama Su.

Racing up to the corner, Cloud edged around it, preparing to fire only to see the doors to a turbolift. The light above the door dinged and Cloud gritted his teeth. He blasted the turbolift's control panel and the doors unsealed partway. Gripping the doors, Cloud pried them open. Peering down the shaft, he saw the turbolift car descending. "No," he muttered and jumped into the shaft.

Using his jetpack to control his descent, Cloud dropped towards the turbolift car, firing at the car's connections to the shaft, hoping to stop the car completely and trap Lama Su. But the friction was too high and some of his bolts went wide. The car suddenly slowed to a stop and Cloud landed atop it with a thud. Locating the emergency hatch on the roof, Cloud shot it and it popped down. Tired, frustrated, he wasn't taking anymore chances and unleashed a blaster volley into the car. "Die Kaminoian," he said. Hearing no noise from down below, Cloud hopped down into the car. The car was empty and a cursing Cloud pushed the button to open the turbolift doors.

The doors opened onto a corridor with muted lighting. Cloud stepped out cautiously, but he didn't spot Lama Su immediately. His helmet's receivers picked up the deeper rumble of the heavy seas outside the city's walls. Cloud walked down the corridor, wary of any more Kaminoian ambushes when he spotted a wall sign. Cloud let out another curse as he picked up his pace and trotted past the sign which declared in Kaminoian, "SUBMERSIBLE DOCK AHEAD."

TAG: Sinre

OOC: Hope you don't mind if I took a few extra liberties.

14. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Boba Fett

"We have Taun We," Adenn finally spoke, his flipping yet ceasing. "That was all we were ordered to do. Can this be considered disposable then?" The clone said, glancing down at the card in his hand and found himself still flipping it between his fingers.

Boba Fett was suddenly filled with the urge to smack Adenn to the floor with the butt of his rifle. How the man managed to dress himself, now filled Boba Fett with wonder. He had just told the clone moments ago why he was here, for credits, and should have known with all that was going on, this might be the only reason Fett got paid at all. He can see thousands of excuses Vader would make to forfeit Boba Fett?s payment, especially if Cagi was dead like Fett thought he was.

?That piece of plastic might be the only reason I get paid for this mission, Vader will want to see it no doubt, as it carries the summary of this woman?s entire work throughout her life. Destroy it, and I kill you where you stand Sergeant.? Boba Fett said in a calm low sharp tone. He subtly adjusted his head to keep Adenn in the corner of his eyes, and his hands on the blaster rifle now flexed hard. This man seemed to have a tendency to break protocol whenever he felt like it, judging from him just plain ignoring Cagi?s retreat orders. He could easily see Taun We?s annoyance with his breed of clone now.

?You seem to forget that you?re the solider and that I?m the Bounty Hunter. Your duty is to go above and beyond orders and do your duty for the Empire. I?m the Bounty Hunter, I do only I get paid for, or think I?ll get a bonus for. In this case its in both our interests to keep the card safe, so either give me the Data card, or keep it secure and shut up. All you need to worry about is making sure that card and Taun We make it to the surface? Fett said and continued walking forward towards the elevator, as he heard it moving downward.

Boba Fett readied his blaster rifle towards the Elevator door, cursing underneath his breath. Just what he needed, more clones?huh?

IC: Captain Alpha XVIII

His arm was broken, but somehow Allan found it in himself to run like the wind. He could tell if the LAAT fired on him or not, all that he knew is that he ran, ran, and ran. Somewhere along the way, he managed to make it to the Elevator that he and his men almost died by. As he gazed on it he began slamming his fist against the control panel creaming at the top of it lungs to be open.

It seemed like an hour before the doors screeched open, but Allan knew moments like these always seemed to stretch forever, and it was no doubt a few second. Still all his strength and left him, and he felt himself almost drift of into the darkness that some fall into to escape pain. He had broken a few bones on the line of duty and knew the unpleasant feeling well, but knew this wasn?t merely a broken arm he was dealing with. He might have bruised his ribs, or might have even cracked a couple. Thankfully he leaned on it being the former. Still the last thing he could let himself do was to slip off to unconsciousness.

By the time he found the strength to open his eyes, he found himself staring at Boba Fett, Taun We, and a handful of Storm Troopers across the hallway.

?Delay all orders to return to the surface sergeant. It?d just be a blood bath now.? Allan said, somehow managing it to make it to his knees as he did so.

TAG: Sinre, Sarge

15. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Sergeant Adenn
    Kamino, Tipoca City, Lower Levels

?That piece of plastic might be the only reason I get paid for this mission, Vader will want to see it no doubt, as it carries the summary of this woman?s entire work throughout her life. Destroy it, and I kill you where you stand Sergeant.?

Adenn had finally ceased flipping the data card which now laid flat on the palm of his hand. At Boba Fett's opinion on the matter, the clone only barely held back the action to clench his fingers into a fist that would've most likely crushed the data card that he held. The only thing that stopped him was the training that still held him and kept him under control, preventing him from doing anything crazy.

The bounty hunter wasn't making it easy. Do his duties for the Empire. His duty was to keep the stability of the Empire intact, and to combat and destroy anything that would threaten it's stability. To not do so would lead to destruction.

And the thought was there. It had snuck up on him and it was there.

Kill the bounty hunter, the voice spoke in his mind. He is not a soldier of the Empire, he does not serve it, he has no affiliation with it. That makes him a liability, a possible threat to the Empire that which you do serve. And as a soldier of the Empire you are to destroy all threats.

Adenn's other hand that held his DC-15 drifted dangerously, seeming to move a bit in Fett's direction.

And then he was back in control. The veteran blinked rapidly for a moment, as if he was waking from a dream. And just like if he was awakening from a dream, the clone trooper stood up straighter, his grip on the datacard visibly relaxing before he placed it back in the pouch at his belt and held his captured blaster rifle straight and away from Boba Fett.

"Then the data and Taun We will be brought to my superiors," Adenn spoke, as if to remind himself of it, transforming back into a soldier again. His voice had returned to it's hardened, military edge, his eyes now wide and alert for enemy clones, and when he moved to catch up to Fett he did so with complete normalcy. He was ready now and awaited the elevator, his own blaster coming around to face in the direction of the doors in case it would be needed to blast any unfriendly opposition. He signaled his squad to be at the ready as well just in case.

And was surprised with what had popped out.

?Delay all orders to return to the surface sergeant. It?d just be a blood bath now.?

The sergeant took it all in stride, immediately moving forward and crouching down next to his fellow storm trooper, a captain and thus someone who's health was his immediate concern.

"What happened?" Adenn questioned, his voice calm and unwavering while he he placed his blaster rifle on the floor so that he could better look over the captain. "Where are you injured?"

TAG: Sinrebirth, TheManinBlack

16. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    FYI, I'll be gone until about Wednesday - going to a conference. :D (Probably not a problem here, to Sinre-who-updates-Tuesdays. :p)

IC: Raine Vartan

Arkania, Tunnels

The Jedi was fast. Serifa had blocked Raine's downward strike and immediately moved out from under the attack, cutting down on Raine's exposed arms with an overhead chop. Raine pivoted sharply, both to take herself out of harm's way and to block the blow -

In the blink of an eye Serifa had whipped her lightsaber back again, up and around at Raine's midriff. Kriff! Reflexively, the Inquisitor flipped her lightsaber down, inverting the blade in a vertical block.
    Perhaps she shouldn't have been so hasty in moving in on the attack. Serifa wasn't your run-of-the-mill Jedi, that was certain; but Raine understood her tactics now. Mostly.

Now to use that knowledge. Standard follow-up here would be to spin her lightsaber up and around, forcing her opponent's out of line and enabling a counterattack - but her wrists were positioned exactly the wrong way for that. Biting back another curse, Raine chose another, more reckless course of action: rather than move her blade she moved herself, bounding forward to shoulder-charge Serifa square on her midriff. If the Jedi dodged, she'd simply turn it into a side roll and come up several metres away; if the blow landed, Serifa would be winded at least, and ripe for the kill.

17. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    GM APPROVED!!!

Name: Rahm Kota

Species: Human

Planet of Birth: Geidi Reques

Appearance: [image=http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/ADerry83/460px-RahmKota_bg.jpg]

Affiliation: Jedi

Allegiance: Anti-Empire/ Antarian Rangers

Rank: Jedi Master/ Former General/ Commander of the Antarian Rangers.

Weapons: Green Lightsaber, Modified E-11 blaster rifle, Disruptor Pistol

Personal ship: The Defiance- Modified Liberator-class cruiser

Bio:

Kota was born on Geidi, a world with three suns, and seven moons. It was a world of endless warfare as well. The world was divided to eight factions, each controlling a fraction of the planet they lived on, and killing each other over petty reasons, family feuds long since past. Kota was one of many, drafted to serve in the wheels of the military machine, at an early age. Unlike those many children he lived not only see adult hood, but to see an end to the fighting. An officer to one of the more logical factions, he was assigned to protect and escort the man who later change his life forever, a Jedi and diplomat named Mace Windu.

After a month of intense negotiation, Mace Windu managed to make all parties cease hostilities, and begin the process of creating an autonomous world government. Needless to say the young Kota was impressed, and to his surprise he found out Windu had a special interest in him as well. To Kota?s surprise he learned he was talented in something Windu called the Force. Kota feeling happy, but now out of tone with his home world agreed to be schooled in the art of it.

Despite his relatively old age of 18 and being taught by the partially tough master Yoda, Kota was a quick learner, soon became a Jedi Knight. As a Knight, he was known to many as one unturnable, virtuous and infallible Knights that very few liked to talk to. Despite his humility and courage, even Yoda was taken back by Kota?s blunt, direct manner. The man was cold and demanding, though all knew not only did he demand the same of himself, but he was even harder himself. Every mistake he made was no different than the ones he did on his homeworld. And he vowed to never make those mistakes again.

He would later become a Master after successfully capturing and defeating a powerful Pirate Crew known as Jolly John?s Men, who resided by Geidi homesystem. He was not promoted for his success though, but rather his refusal to betray, refusing to kill the man even after Jolly John laid waste to Kota?s home city, instead merely handing him over to Republic authorities.

During the Clone Wars, Kota was adamant in his denial to use Clone Troopers. In his mind Clones would not only make horrible soldiers, due to their lack of experience, but their lack of decision in becoming a solider. They where nothing, but Slaves in Kota?s mind, and the use of them only filled Kota with doubt about his role in the order. Doubts that would later become justified. He instead drafted members Anatarian Rangers into his own private militia, becoming the largest non clone force in the Republic Army. After a large battle, on the edge of the Outer Rim, where he spilt his men to help support clone efforts to liberate the powerful moon base and factories from Separatist control, Atries, Some of his men watched the Clones eliminate their own Jedi General. They quickly informed of the situation and fled with him into the Outer Rim territories.

Since then he has declared a one man war against the Empire, with him and his men engaging in acts of piracy, smuggling, and anything he could to spite Vader and the Empire. Now he began to aid and attempt to rally and unify Separatist holdouts and all other forces to opposed the Empire, no matter what the cost. But as the battles draw out longer, each with less and less success, Kota finds himself constantly doing things he thought he never would have before. He is beginning to realize old idealism will not be able to stand against the Empire. Thoughts and ideals where no longer something Kota could have, since then

18. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Troy Heimdal
    Aboard ISD Caduceus, Arkania, Colonies

After he had finished handing the comlink over to Nill and a swift resolution had presented itself in the form of Frei, some Naval Troopers and an Arkanian recovery team, Troy furrowed his brow as he worked at his sides to unfasten the series of locks which held his borrowed plasteel chest piece in place. The trooper had been ready to ask something of Lortva before he had mysteriously passed out, even before the stun bolts from Frei's response team had hit him. That was certainly different.

Lieutenant Frei approached as Heimdal noticed Gral begin to speculate as to the reason why Nill had just dropped in mid sentence while speaking to the Arkanian director, ""Intriguing, he seems to have gone through a relapse of some kind, perhaps the Arkanians kept an agent within the clones..."

Troy shook his head and wiped a hand across his face as he turned to his executive officer, "He was trying to ask Lortva something before he collapsed."

"Any ideas, sir?"

The Arkanian recovery agents rapidly approached the unconscious clone to ready him for transport, abruptly shooing away Gral, who was trying to take a skin sample of the man. Troy lowered his voice so the agents couldn't overhear, "He said something about Kamino, then was going to bring something else up - something I wouldn't have minded overhearing. Then he just dropped."

"They probably have some kind of unconscious trigger built in, many of them, for that matter," interrupted Gral, who had come to stand beside his captain and first lieutenant.

Narrowing his eyes in thought, Heimdal nodded curiously at the corpsman's supposition as the three of them watched the recovery agents begin to lift Nill off the deck.

The taller of the two Arkanians paused a moment, and looked to Troy, "We're on a time limit, Captain. We apologise for the inconvenience but we have to get going, if we may."

As much as he wanted the ghostly Arkanians off the ship, Heimdal was too intrigued as to the nature of the stormtroopers' genetic coding. He held up his hands, "By all means," he stammered a moment, feigning indecision, "take the corpsman here with you to your ship, to assist."

The Arkanians just looked back at him.

"I've got an assignment to see to, so if you can get these troopers rotated out as quickly as possible that would be fantastic. Now go." he said with just the right tones of condescension so that the Arkanian agents would put an extra spring in their already quickened step.

As they turned to leave with their disabled stormtrooper in tow, Troy pulled aside Gral, speaking under his breath, "Discreetly get a skin sample from Nill, the labs are at your disposal to analyze it. Report your findings only to me. That's an order."

Gral nodded back, excited to be given a directive to exercise his own curiosity, "Sir."

The man trailed after the two Arkanians as Frei walked over to Heimdal, with his two Naval Troopers in tow, "I'm not even going to ask."

"Ask about what," Troy stated more than asked, dropping his unfastened chest protector in Frei's hands and walking out of the medical bay.

19. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    IC: Valara Saar
    ~Aboard the Corellian Mantle, Bpfassh, Outer Rim~

[blockquote]Marl pushed Valara's hand away as the intruders left the ship.

[color=darkblue][i]?Sorry about that, and, um, thank you, Valara.?[/i][/color]

She nodded, her face tinged with crimson, betraying her slight embarassment. Why was she even embarrassed? She had only done what was necessary to save their skins. Valara chastised herself, but was soon distracted by the drumming of footsteps leaving the ship.

[color=darkblue]?[i]I think we?re safe to take the ship back, Valara, and go. Bpfassh isn?t friendly ground, now, and never. They hate Jedi, and I doubt anything will be here that remembers them.?[/i][/color]

Valara sighed; [color=indigo]"I fear you're right about the Bpfasshi, Marl. Still, we'd better get moving before they realise we're not in those escape pods..."[/color]

With that, Marl turned and began leading the way to the bridge through the [i]Mantle's[/i] arteries; a labyrinth of ducts. They remained silent, trying not to alert anyone near the ship to their presence. As such, they were left to their own thoughts for the first time since they met. Valara's inevitably turned to her new Padawan. She was deeply concerned about him; Valara was no stranger to loss, but the pain of murdered friends must be a very tough cross to bear. Her own demons were difficult enough to deal with; refusing to settle despite the chasm of years. But she would not let it happen again. Two losses were enough.

She was yanked from her reverie as Marl stopped abruptly, removed the duct cover, then clambered out and disappeared from view for a few moments. Valara heard the soft 'whoosh' as the cockpit doors were closed, then Marl reappeared, offering her a hand;

[color=darkblue][i]?We?d best hurry whatever we?re doing.?[/i][/color]

She smiled, he still hadn't realised that she was perfectly capable of getting herself out. Nevermind. Deciding she would humour him this once, Valara grabbed his hand as he lifted her from the duct.

Zeev was a different story - he would humour no one. The lizard leapt in a surprisingly agile manner, given his increased girth, from the opening. There was a thud as he landed squarely between the pair, with what could be percieved as a proud smirk on his face. He then trotted over to the Captain's chair where he parked himself. Swivelling in the seat, Zeev glanced at Valara expectantly.

[color=indigo]"No Zeev; I'm fairly certain that Marl would prefer to pilot his [i]own[/i] ship."[/color]

The Duuvhal looked crest fallen, slinking over to the co-pilot's chair, where he slumped to the floor. Valara shook her head, taking her place in the co-pilot's seat. Swivelling round to face Marl, Valara thought about their predicament for a moment.

[color=indigo]"We need to find somewhere to lay low for a while."[/color] She lifted her gaze to the ceiling, running through the list of planets she'd visited in her mind.

[color=indigo]"The only planet I know well enough for us to remain hidden on would be my homeworld, Yashuvhu. There are far too many reasons why that would be a bad choice though. Besides that, I know very little of the galaxy. What of your homeworld, Marl?"[/color]

As far as Valara could see, as long as Marl wasn't from Coruscant, the heart of the Empire, his homeworld had to be their best shot.[/blockquote]

[color=green][b]TAG: Sinre[/b][/color]

20. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Darth Vader
    Species: Human
    Planet of Birth: Tatooine
    Appearance: [image=http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/6666639_10389668_mywrite/darthvader.jpg]
    Affiliation: Empire
    Allegiance: The Emperor
    Weapons: Lightsaber, the Force
    Personal ship: Varied
    Bio: If you really need it.

:snoopy

21. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    OOC: Yay, we finally have someone to play Vader, sorry for the post, I posted before I knew you had joined, sorry. oh and also please tell me if i took too much liberty in my post Sinre and i'll see if i can change it. thanks

IC: Kay Koda
    Cave/ Toola/ Outer Rim

Vader made his way towards Kay with incredible speed considering his size and the respirator that was obviously his lifeline. As Vader closed the distance between him and Kay, he slammed Master T?un into the wall of the cave, crippling the old Jedi, possibly killing him. As Vader approached, all Kay could do was take on a defensive Soreso stance and wait for the blow. Soreso took quick reflexes and fast positional transition. Though Soreso was more for a defense against blaster fire, it could also be implemented into lightsaber combat, mostly with good results.

Kay?s and Vader?s lightsaber?s met. Red pressed upon blue as Jedi and Sith locked into battle with each other. Kay proceeded to take short, decisive steps and small strokes in order to avoid any openings which Vader could exploit. Vader was still in his Ataru stance, giving strong and effective blows against Kay?s defense, but found to no avail that the strong, offensive stance as easily batted away by this young Jedi?s defense, it was not to implement a new form. Vader first thrust his red saber at Kay?s chest with a Makashi form thrust, going straight through Kay?s defenses and ending up right under his left armpit. Kay quickly countered the thrust with an upwards slash that landed near the hilt of Vader?s lightsaber, causing the red blade to swing upward.

Kay then went on the defensive, implementing Form V of Djem So against Vader, pushing him back little by little, trying to make an opening so he could strike. The small engagement only lasted a few seconds, but soon came to an end at the same time of Kay?s counter offensive. Kay tried to push Vader back by using Form V to create an opening, but that opening never came. Just when Kay made an opening and lunged for it, Vader blocked him, locking blades with the Jedi. Vader then slide his blade down the blade of Kay?s, nearly hitting the hilt of his lightsaber, which would have immediately taken Kay out of the fight, even possibly ending his life due to the advantage Vader would have had against an unarmed opponent.

But before his ligthsaber could be destroyed, Kay let go of the block, swinging around with elegance and speed, to once again face the Sith Lord. Kay was beginning to let his emotions of anger and fear enter his mind, making him an open target for Vader. Kay and Vader stood locked in a stalemate with each other, facing each other without flinching. But Kay?s emotions finally broke through, causing him to dash forward and suddenly lock blades with Vader. Vader, despite being on a respirator, was incredibly strong. He slowly pushed Kay?s lightsaber back towards him, while Kay struggled to hold his tense muscles against the strong Sith. Kay?s blue blade slowly made its way towards Kay?s neck. When the blade was only a few inches away from slicing open Kay?s throat, Vader finally spoke.

?You are brave Jedi, but foolish to think that you might have beaten me. Goodbye Jedi,? said Vader in his deep voice that sounded as if it came from a tomb. But before Vader could finish the fight he started, he was interrupted by a force that kept him from pushing forward. It was then he sensed it, he looked over at the cave wall, only to the find the feeble body of Master T?un lying in the snow with blood running from a gash in his forehead and with his hand raised, palm out, using the force to halt Vader?s advancement.

?You were never aware of your surroundings Anakin, a terrible fault,? and with that he raised his hand towards the ceiling of the cave and then brought it down sharply, followed immediately by a downpour of boulders and rock. Kay looked up to see the debris heading right for him and Vader. Kay abandoned his lock of sabers with Vader and leap backwards into the cave, followed by Master K?Kruhk. It felt as if

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Rehyn Nejos
    Aboard the Dead Bolt, Nar Shaddaa

The tower took a direct hit from another turbolaser volley and for Rehyn, time suddenly seemed to stand still. Had the scum aboard that corvette discovered his secret and as a result, fired that shot in retaliation? It was definitely a possibility, but it all seemed a little too convenient. If someone had actually discovered his secret, they would be firing at him, not at Cappie. That thought made him relax just a bit. It had been nothing more than a lucky shot.

But he had a dash of luck on his side as well...

With a renewed determination, Rehyn pushed the freighter beyond her stops, hoping to make up for lost time and scoop up his prize before they could go tumbling down to the streets below. He had other things to do than scrape their remains off the duracrete surface. It was a heartless thought, but one that would keep him motivated. That's all that mattered at this point.

As he drew even closer, the comm crackled to life with the harried voice of one of the victims. Badure. ?Drop your ramp! Now!?

Rehyn felt the hairs on the back of his neck bristle with anger at the tone in which Cappie's friend had addressed him. It was one thing to ask him for assistance, but it was something else to demand things of him onboard his own ship! For a brief moment, he humored the idea of leaving this Badure character behind and only picking up Cappie, but he knew the guilt would eventually catch up to him. It wasn't worth it.

"Watch your mouth, pal!" he called back into the comm, leveling off his approach and bringing the Bolt to a hover just beyond their location. "I know how to fly my ship and I know how to conduct a rescue operation! Now, sit tight and jump when I say so!"

Slumping back in the pilot's chair, Rehyn ran a hand over his stubbled face. Sometimes it was just too damn hard to fit into this role. But what other choice did he have? Going back to what the insistent man said, Rehyn activated a switch on the console to lower the landing ramp. That ought to make them happy.

"Alright, boys and girls, you're all clear for launch," he announced, returning his attention to the comm. "The sooner you jump aboard, the sooner we can put that piece of space junk behind us."

TAG: bad_feeling_haver, Sinre

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: i think that'll be ok, i was wondering how exactly to get out of the situation without pulling off something sinre hadn't been planning. that'd work reasonably admirably i think. probably not the best idea to put that much into a fight next time though, as it kinda precludes much in the way of give and take.

IC: Darth Vader/ Cave/ TOola/ Outer Rim

The whelp actually dared to attack Vader. It was amusing in it's futility, as Vader had really only been toying with this weakling. His full strength had most certainly NOT been brought to bear in this small segement of his current situation. It had been stupid, and arrogant in the extreme to do this. As the Dark Lord of the Sith was about to find out.

Saying something disparging to the little one Vader was rather suddenly distracted by a surge in the Force and the voice of a rather irritating old man that he'd thought was dead. Never mindful of his surroundings indeed, and as a result the ceiling deciding it was going to attempt to collapse on to his head was a bit unexpected. Thankfully the cave's ceiling was high enough up that Vader could escape, and since the whelp had decided to withdraw from the engagement, for which the black monstrousity could hardly fault him, Vader took advantage of the situation to avoid getting crushed.

Using the Force the man who had once been Anakin created a slanting plane of telekentic energy that caused the worst part of the cave in to go behind him. Of course this also made certain that killing any of his former opponents was an impossibilty. It also didn't include the insult of having various dings and such added to his armored head. That was almost unforgivable, but given the situation for once the Dark Lord was impotent in his anger.

Vader stood there, his respirator making it's trademark rasping sound as he breathed in and out, trying to ignore the dust that clouded his vision. This couldn't have gone much worse. The Emperor will have my hide for this. After several more moments Vader turned from the new made wall and made his way towards the exit of the cave. Assuming the cave in hadn't block him in that direction as well.

Finally emergin back into the wider world, having had to move some minor inconvience, the Sith noticed several people staring at him. This was one of the orginal reasons Vader had decided to inspire fear in those around him. He could not stand to be stared at, and it looked like yet another example was going to have to be made. Vader nearly sighed. Before biting anyones head off, he glanced down at himself and saw the reason for the stares. Rather legitimate, he had to admit. Muttering to himself Vader used the Force to "dust" himself off, then looking at the nearest, rather stunned, person growled, "Is there anything to report?" In a way he was afraid of what might be said. The day had already gone to hell in a hand basked. It was just that kind of day.

TAG: SINRE

OOC: ryan, if this isn't what you want to happen consider this post stricken. i'll go either way, as i'm not sure what you want to do with witchdoctor's post.

:snoopy

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    OOC: The posts are fine. Mod edits are in relation to T'un knowing Anakin's name, which is impossible. K'Kruhk shall be controlled entirely by myself, henceforth, and Vader by Trimaj and Kay by witchdoctor. As such control shall be limited in those respects - there shall be no controlling of other characters henceforth. [face_peace]

25. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    IC: Mother Cappie
    Nar Shaddaa

"The sooner you jump aboard, the sooner we can put that piece of space junk behind us."

As it happened, Cappie had no choice as to when to jump, because the walkway under her and Badure crumbled just as Rehyn said that. As they began sliding down the increasingly-inclining floor. Badure rolled off of her, both of them turning on to their backsides as they slid. Ayfor screeched mildly as small rocket boosters emerged from his "legs". They activated and he floated gently to the Bolt's ramp.

As Cappie and Badure hit the bottom of the walkway they launched themselves with their legs. Hardly believing she was making such an huge leap, Cappie's eyes went wide with fear and she reflexively windmilled her arms for balance. They landed roughly on the Dead Bolt's ramp. When she hit, Cappie's forearm smacked the edge of the ramp. It hurt, but she wasted no time trying to asses the damage. She rushed into the Bolt's interior, along with Badure and Ayfor.

She ran through the corridor to the bridge, stopping only when she could place her hand on the tattered headrest of Rehyn Nejos' chair. She panted for a moment, feeling the pain in her arm. Not broken, but it hurt and there would definitely be a bruise. She'd ice it later.

"Nejos," she panted, "...Free repairs for life. I promise...this ship is never gonna malfunction again." She held her side with her other hand as she continued to breathe heavily.

TAG: HanSolo29, Sinre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.