main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

11'09"01 - 11 September movie

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by GrandAdmiralPelleaon, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    So How do you feel about the "controversial" film 11'09"01 that went in world premier yesterday at the Venice Moviefestival?

A compilation movie in which 11 directors from 11 countries give their vision on the attacks of September 11th.

It has been suggested for weeks that this was an anti-American movie (not true according to my newspaper (De Standaard), mostly because of the part by Youssef Chahine (Egypt) which according to my newspaper sometimes seems to try and justify OBL's terrorism.

"If this movie is usefull anywhere, then it's in the United States" - Journalist from the Los Angeles Times

Opinions?

(It'll be in the theaters here in Europe on 9/11 , the movie festival of Toronto will decide wether or not it'll be shown in America.)

2. AOTCStarwchic

AOTCStarwchic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2002
    Interesting.For some reason I thought to myself that they were bound to make a movie of 9.11.01 sometime or another after all,its been almost a full 11 months and 7 days so far.There was a movie thats called "The 2 towers"which I thought was about the WTC but it ended up being for LOTR.So part of my assumption might have been correct.

3. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    This isn't your typical Hollywood movie mind you. It's none of the "hero" stuff. It also has fragements of people trying to explain to little Afghan kids in refugee camps why America is bombing their country, etc etc.

4. AOTCStarwchic

AOTCStarwchic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2002
    Oh so its like a History Channel movie.Good enough.Maybe in about 5 or 15 maybe even 20 years the'll make a Hollywood type movie of 9.11 but at least it'll still be a movie

5. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    i think that it is retarded that they realesed it in a separate country to start out with first with. They should have decided if to make it or not then realease it in the US

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It should be released in the US regardless, but whether or not it was actually made in the US is what determines where it is released first.

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    It's not a movie, is it? It's just a documentary. Well, I lived through it and thed 3 weeks of nothing but 9/11 news, and being bombarded with 9/11 things, I don't need to see ANOTHER documentary on it.

8. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    No, it's not really a documentary, it's 11 different fragements showing each directors vision of 9/11.

I'm going to see it, why are they going to decide wether or not to release it in the US? Because of parts that sometimes seem to try to justify 9/11, the US public might not be ready for that...

9. PiltdownsConflict

PiltdownsConflict Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    They make movies or shows about everything.

If some big American government character thinks that the public is not ready to see possible justification for 9/11 they are being foolish. People have been trying to justify it, or hearing from people trying to justify it, right after we found out what it was. I mean, your every day joe shmo sits at home with Mrs shmo and joe shmo jr. to discuss what might have happened.

These people have the right to think what they want, so why can't they see what others think about it-they most likely already have.

If someone thinks people will be influenced to believe what is portrayed in this movie thing, I certainly hope that isn?t true. Also. If the movie is not publicly released in America, the people who want to see it, will see it anyway. Are they going to make watching this movie illegal?

BLAMMO!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.