main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 11th Meeting - November

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Opening up the discussion for the next meeting. If anything was discussed at the 10th meeting, please post it.

The saturdays in November are the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th.

As of now, I know I'm busy on the 2nd and the 16th.

What about everyone else?

2. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I cant make the 9th, but otherwise i should be alright as long as i know in advance.

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    We're OK on the 9th, 16th, and 30th. Although the 30th is Thanksgiving weekend; not sure if some people will be on travel out of town to family that weekend.

M.M.

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if the 30th would be good for people. That's gonna be a busy weekend.

5. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    I would like to say that so far the 9th looks good ... and the 23rd. But, since the 23rd is not mentioned as a possible meeting day, then I'll say the 9th.

Just wanted to add my grain of sand.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Fipe, the 23rd is a possible date. It looks like each day is bad for someone. So, we'll have to go for the majority.

7. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well since we don't have any business to discuss and my idea for a secret santa party was dropped (or ignored), why don't we just make the IMAX event our meeting. Looks like the favor is tending towards the Saturday showtime anyway.

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I already posted above that I'll be busy on 2nd, so I wouldn't be able to make it.

Also, technically, I don't think we should consider a meeting in DC to be an official MDFF meeting. It can still be an event for the group to attend, but we shouldn't consider it an official meeting.

9. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, if you have looked at their threads, they are considering it an official meeting. They are in the same frame of mind that there isn't any official business to discuss so they are making the IMAX outing an official meeting.

Besides it would be cool to post on the main board that MD and DC are meeting together to see AOTC-IMAX!

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I think MD and DC seeing the movie together is a great idea. But it wouldn't be fair to make an official MD meeting take place in DC. I'm just saying that seeing the movie wouldn't be an official meeting for our fanforce.

11. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well what does everyone else think?

12. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I think that we should meet with DC. I'll bet they all show up at meetings and don't make people drive for nothing. ;) Besides Mutt and I met with some of those folks and they seem nice. And what ever happened with meeting to watch the new DVD in November together anyway? :confused: Technically this shouldn't be our 11th. meeting since we had no 10th. meeting.

13. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Not that this will a surprise to anybody, but I can deffinitly rule out any meetings for me in November and December. this is my busy season at work and getting away on a weekend will be next to impossible.

14. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    We can't make it on the 2nd, either.

M.M.

15. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Wow - bickering bickering....

Personally, I'm all for making the meeting just be the IMAX event on Sat the 2nd with the DC group. But, maybe I feel that way because the only weekend I could make a meeting in November would be the 16th and that's not looking popular.

We seemed to have abandoned Mutt and Solo's idea to make some "organization" with officers to our group... is that still up for discussion? That might have prevented this last month's disaster where nobody showed up but Isbeth! If we want to have a meeting about that - that should obviously, stand apart from meeting with the DC group. Maybe still the same day - but a different time. Or maybe we try in Dec? December isn't looking too good for me.

kasjedi

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well KasJedi, my proposal for organization is still open for action, but it seems that there aren't too many people jumping on the bandwagon to act on this. Not to mention there was some debate on positions and what their responsibilities should be.

17. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    hey--maybe someone should get a poll going, so we can figger out the date. (Purposeful misspelling of figure--ah never mind.) The poll will show which day is best for all of us, and even make it sort of an "oblgation" to come, if they said that time was good. (Ok, so obligation isn't the best word. How about "guilt trip". I'm on one :D) I'll try my hardest to make it to the next one. But since I can't drive yet, (five months, thank God)don't expect anything. Sorry I wasn't able to make it Saturday, I had to referee all day.

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I haven't noticed too much action on this thread lately. Are we going to have a meeting this month or not?

I think that we should seriously consider the organization principles I set forth on these boards before and act on them. With that in mind:

I move to create a general election to elect officers for a 1-year term of office. We will conduct this election via the board poling option. I know ths will create several threads, i.e. one thread for Pres, one for VP, etc., etc. I think I will reate a thread right now to discuss nominations for officers.

19. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I opt for the 16th since I don't have to shoot a wedding that day. <=)

John

20. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to...suffering. I sense much anger in you.

21. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I would like to actually come to a meeting, so the 16th and the 23rd are good for us (the padiwan and I), the only thing to remember is, as it gets closer to christmas time the mall will be a zoo, might not be a good meeting place, just thought I would mention it. Wherever you guys decide, I will try and make it, hope to see you all soon :)

22. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Bumping this up....

How about the 16th?? That's the third Sat - which has been, to my remembrance, our most common meeting time. Or are we skipping this month?

kasjedi

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    In the first post, I said I'd be busy on the 16th. I have a birthday to go to, but I don't know what time it'll be. So, there's a possibility that the 16th could be good for me. I'll try to get the time of the party today.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The 16th will work for me. The party isn't until later, so I should have time to go to the meeting.

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Mogook, just read through all the posts and it looks like the 16th is our strongest date right now. And with your new availabiltiy, sounds like our date is pretty picked out. Except for your early post there was no rejection of the 16th, except for Sithspawn who can't make either weekend this month or next.

So where are we going to meet? Annapolis again? Arundel Mills for a change? Any ideas... Bueller, Bueller, Bueller???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.