main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 11th Meeting - November

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    When does the 501st come, and for how long? I wanna come see them. i probably won't be able to "officially' go to the meeting, since I ref all day loog, but my baby sister is watching "Jonah: a Veggie Tales movie" there, I think, so I'll stop by if you guys are in the mall. Just wear your shirts. I may bring some friends when I stop by.

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Just bumping this back up as a last minute reminder. 1:30 at Chick-fil-A at Arundel Mills.

I'll be there, but I can only stay for about an hour, as I mentioned before, I have a party to go to.

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, the meeting's over, and it was cool. In attendence were Mogook, Kasjedi, Muttandsolo, DrkHelmet, Mon-mothma, and myself. We started out at ChicK-fil-a, where we talked about the holidays, the December Meeting (which will never happen, the next one is in January), Halloween costumes, the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings DVDs, and chicken pox.

Then, Kasjedi and Mogook had to bail, and the rest of us headed over to the mall. We checked out 2 KB Toys, in which we didn't see a lot, besides the Coruscant Attack Padme, the 12" Jango, and the Millenium Falcon Playskool thing.

Finally, we haeded over to FYE to see Ghostdevil and DarthIG88 in their Jedi and Tusken Raider costumes. And we even got to see Darth Vader in person! That might have been the best part.

That's my tale of the meeting. Mon-mothma and I had to leave a little early, but I hope we didn't miss a lot.

Son of M.M.

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, you guys that couldn't make it to the meeting missed out on seeing the 501st at F.Y.E. at the Arundel Mills Mall this weekend. gh0stdevil and DarthIG88 were there. Ghost was a Tusken Raider and DarthIG88 was a Jedi. Darth Vader, Greedo, A Stormtrooper and a Stormtrooper biker scout were there as well. It was awesome seeing them all there and watching the kids reactions to them. Some were afraid to go up to them and shake their hands. The only thing I regret was not bringing a stinking camera!!! Arggh!! Anyways, thanks to the 501st for coming out and promoting the DVD release! Hopefully we will see you guys again sometime.

5. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    As promised, I came to Arundel Mills for a little bit. I saw only one 501st! Darn. I saw the bikerscout. I looked around FYE for Gh0stDevil, but I couldn't find him. Glad the meeting went well!

6. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Hey Peoples! Sorry I didn't know any of you guys to say hi, and couldn't see through my darn mask,to save my life! I was greedo (my zam costume is still in the works)at the FYE and my hubby was Darth Vader. (The one before 4:00 p.m.) We had two darth vader's. There were two shifts of people. If you guys wanna see the first shift's pics go to:
    www.printroom.com
    We couldn't stick around to take the second shift's pics. Cause some of us went to IMAX. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to check the boards to know about meeting up with you guys at chick-fil-a. Well hopefully, I will meet some of ya some other time :)

7. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey, I found a shot of me in the album! Picture marked "DSC00046", the blonde over on the left-hand edge in flannel and Jeans looking down at Chris' boots.

I feel so famous!

8. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, me and Jeff had a great time at FYE. We even got a glimpse of the two and three string guitars on display there. We were thinking of taking them and starting our own band. Maybe the one or two chords we can get out of those things could make us famous!!

For you people that have no clue as to what I'm talking about, FYE had three guitars on display and not one of them had all six strings. Jeff and I were joking around that someone would buy the guitar and learn to play it with only two stings, then later find out that it was supposed to have more than two stings and think that six strings would be ludicrous. The guy would just go around playing his two string guitar.

9. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Thanks for posting the great pics! It made me feel like I was there. Great costumes everyone. Gh0stdevil you look so......Tusken!

10. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    What the pictures don't show is the mob of 8-year-olds attacking Chris because he killed Anakin's Mommy. :D

11. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks, Isbeth, for the compliment (I think). My two stories of the day, one good, one bad:

The bad story is that right at the end of the evening, some guy half-strangled me going "LOOK! ITS THE DUDE WHO KILLED ANAKINS MOM!" I was like "Acckk! Can't...breathe!" and he wouldn't let go, so I pulled my mask off, and it was some old dude, dragging a kid around. I was like, "Great example to set for your kid..." and he was quite indignant. We almost threw down, but with Vader and Stormtroopers having my back, it wouldn't have been a problem.

The GOOD/FUNNY story is that on Tuesday morning (yeah, we were there for the official release too!) a slew of "Challenged" people came in, and as I was playing Football against a Bikerscout (on their PS2), one gentleman asked me "WHAT ARE YOU?" and I replied, "A tusken raider." Another "challenged" gentleman asked him what I had said, so he turned around and yelled "He's a tusken SAILOR."

So yes, forevermore, I am known as...THE TUSKEN SAILOR.

Woot.

-gd

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Would that be a Tusken Raider transported to Kamino, by chance?

13. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey gh0stdevil, be sure to watch your language on these boards. I know how sailors can get. 8-}

14. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    It was a compliment Mr. Tusken Sailor, sir. Is that what you get when you cross a Tusken Raider with Sailor Moon? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.