main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania 12:01am Screening of Ep 2?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Xavier-Kandryth, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xavier-Kandryth

Xavier-Kandryth Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2001
    But I'm in Star Wars fever mode again, it's hard to not worry about things like that once that phase has been entered :-(.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    The Fox Studios complex has two cinemas, the main commercial one and "Cinema Paris" which does art house films; I saw Crimson Rivers there. What it does have in the foyer that's worth checking out is an original Star Wars A new Hope poster and an original Temple of Doom poster. Plus the cinemas are nice and big and sound good... Mmmmm, gooooood cinemas....

E_S

3. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    It's great to know that we'll see the film on the same date as America,which I didn't know, as I've been an active supporter of the One World One Release campaign for a long time. I've assumed, and am hoping, a midnight screening will be the go. The sooner the better really!
    I'm living in Adelaide and have a cinema complex nearby called Megaplex Marion, which has 30 cinemas, 8 with megascreens and 5.1 sound. They also have life-sized replicas of movie characters including Indiana Jones and Mad Max. Awesome! Just a bit crowded for my taste, but who am I to complain.

4. Xavier-Kandryth

Xavier-Kandryth Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2001
    Well it's official, I don't know about the rest of Australia, but Brisbane cinemas will be screening a 12:01am session of Ep 2 and tickets go on sale as of tomorrow, the 18th of April 2002 at 9:45am. The details for Chermside are that the senstadium tickets can only be bought in person but the gold class tickets can be bought either in person or over the phone, unfortunately it has not been officially determined whether or not gold class will be screening the midnight session as they are having difficulties with their liquor licensing at that hour of the morning.

5. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Gold Class will likely not have Ep2 for the midnight screening. IIRC, they didn't do it for Episode 1, and even if they do, they would have had corporate bookings a couple of months ago.

6. neostasis

neostasis Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Woops..got my thread closed...My appologies to 'the high and mighty..didn't mean to break rules. :)

And to answer the question posted before the thread was closed...no this is not the Fox ones..this is at the main cinemas on George Street.

7. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    We generally don't allow soliciting on these boards, nor do we allow the posting of the same thing in multiple places. (For your info next time).

And as for George Street...meh. I'm happier with Fox. :D

Edit: and sure, I'll delete it for you, if that's what you want. :)

8. Multiverse

Multiverse Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Hi all,

Everyone is asking what cinema to go to and what session and when are tickets going on sale?

I can tell you that Multiverse in conjunction with Star Walking (FFVic) is having 3 sessions you can book for RIGHT NOW -

1 - We are running the midnight session on the night of May 15th at Hoyts Bourke Street

2 - We are running an opening night group at 6:30pm at Hoyts Bourke street.

3 - We are running an opening night group at 6:30pm at Hoyts Chadstone

THESE TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW AND SELLING FAST!

There will be fans in costumes and you can waear your own if you have them, showbags, prizes and lots of fun

You can book our tickets RIGHT now by visiting the Multiverse web page at *no soliciting*

I hope you decide to come along. And if you can't and you go and see it at another cinema or at another time, enjoy it.

Derek Screen
    Multiverse Science Fiction and Fantasy Group

Edit: what applies to one applies to all. :)

9. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    No links to ticket sales, guys. :)

10. neostasis

neostasis Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Hahaha..good one Derek.

At least I now don't feel like a goose by being the only one:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.