main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends [12-21 New Title] Things Unsaid (L/M canon series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Nice to see the Rogues and Wraiths and all those guys I can't keep straight. [face_blush] :cool: Looks like this mission may be interesting, indeed. Can't wait to see Luke in the "husband" role...'specially if he runs into a certain would-be Jedi. [face_whistling]

This part was great:

"Flowers work well for apologies, boss. Trust me."

Luke was befuddled. "Apologize? What?"

"There's your problem, right there. You're supposed to apologize, and give gifts after a fight, even if it wasn't your fault."

[face_laugh]

Wes has a point there! Or maybe Artoo should present some flowers.... [face_peace] [face_laugh]

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This undercover mission should be a hoot.

Waiting to see if Luke gets to talk to Mara before he leaves or not.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    hmm, that scene looks familiar........sort of..........could this take place Before Specter of the Past right before when Luke was going after those pirates?

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    *giggles at Wes*

He's right though...

5. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    :p It won't be much of a mission. Except for a laugh. [face_laugh]

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Oh, this mission will be fun. Luke will have to be on his toes with Janson.

7. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Janson?...Undercover?...Why do those words just not seem to go together well in my mind?

I'm waiting to see of Luke is able to make contact with Mara.

Post Soon!:D

8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Jade51999 ooh can't wait for Part 6...
    Skywalker on an undercover mission eh?

With Janson?

Yep :D It's a plot bunny I've had for a while now. I have a few short scenes I wrote up for an earlier version of this. I may release them later, somehow. Maybe as a prize for something. But at the moment, they give a bit too much away.

Jedi Trace Nice to see the Rogues and Wraiths and all those guys I can't keep straight. Looks like this mission may be interesting, indeed. Can't wait to see Luke in the "husband" role...'specially if he runs into a certain would-be Jedi.
    Corran? o_O

This part was great:

"Flowers work well for apologies, boss. Trust me."

Luke was befuddled. "Apologize? What?"

"There's your problem, right there. You're supposed to apologize, and give gifts after a fight, even if it wasn't your fault."

It was a late addition, inspired by one of your notes :)

Wes has a point there! Or maybe Artoo should present some flowers....
    I remember reading that in another fic. Luke sends Artoo up with a bouquet of white flowers, and while he is there, Artoo records Mara's reaction. I forgot which one it was, though.

Jedi-2B This undercover mission should be a hoot.

Waiting to see if Luke gets to talk to Mara before he leaves or not.

He did ask Bel Iblis to send a message for him...

Jedi_Liz hmm, that scene looks familiar........sort of..........could this take place Before Specter of the Past right before when Luke was going after those pirates?
    Not quite. I did get the idea for the force disguise from mentions in that part of SotP though. This is all taking place about a month or two after the Corellian Trilogy.

RedGold *giggles at Wes*

He's right though...

Wes has always been good with advice like that :D Sort of ironic, actually, given his maturity...

StarFighter5 It won't be much of a mission. Except for a laugh.
    Undercover on an Imperial world isn't the safest of places to be, especially if discovered...[face_whistling]

RebelMom Oh, this mission will be fun. Luke will have to be on his toes with Janson.
    Especially with the fact that Luke and Wes go way back, so there is none of that "Master Skywalker" revrence to deal with. Alysonn, though, is fairly young. Plus she's "married" to him. Things will be interesting, especially once they meet their contacts.

Stargazer-19 Janson?...Undercover?...Why do those words just not seem to go together well in my mind?

I'm waiting to see of Luke is able to make contact with Mara.

Post Soon!

Janson's done it before...he was a Wraith for a while.
    I have a feeling someone else may run into with Mara first...[face_whistling]

I'm typing the next part at the moment. My head feels sort of fuzzy, and I don't feel all that well, so I've got nothing else to do. I'll just say, Wes is fun.

9. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Luke is posing as someone's husband. Do I sense a jealous Mara im the near future?
    Great post!
    Blondie^..^

10. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I'm no jedi but..... MARA'S GONNA PUKE!

11. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Good job there was the ?Droids: Mechanical Menaces?? thread on the Resource board as I hadn?t actually added to Active Topic Nomination, so I hadn?t realised there was more to read here (AdmiralWesJanson will be pleased that I was busy trying to make progress on my other major hobby).

I remember that Tales story as well with Artoo running away from the Astromech equivalent of ?Disk Cleanup? and Threepio agreeing that Artoo didn?t need this done after Threepio saw them. As I recall there was Han making a confession on Yavin, Leia talking on Hoth about how confused she was by the difference in her feelings towards Luke and towards Han, and Luke letting Artoo record him burning his fathers mortal shell on Endor.

28/06/2005
    Agree that Luke and Mara?s ?system? seemed to work, though Han needs to consider how much longer he and Leia would have danced around their feelings had they not been confined together on the Falcon during the long trip to Bespin.

Liked the Deck Officer?s reaction to having accidentally been disrespectful to a retired General / husband of the Chief of State.

Also liked Han teasing Leia.

And Luke?s reaction to Leia?s concern. He?s been honing that line ever since he turned off his targeting computer and got asked what was wrong.

Be interesting to find out what happened to Luke on Bakura (or rather to find out if AdmiralWesJanson is going to write the scene I think or if he is going to have a different reason for Luke to be less cocky and more sober).

01/07/2005
    Liked the touch of mentioning Bel-Iblis?s continued manipulation of events to keep his communications equipment where it was and where he had a slight security advantage. Also liked that Bel-Iblis hadn?t actually written the orders he was referring to.

Twice now we?ve had fleets appear from nowhere and surprise us when we were ill prepared. ?Black Fleet Crisis and Dark Empire?

Liked Hann?s reaction to having called Janson a joker, and Janson?s reaction to her not having been regaled with the tales that would show she had called him the right thing. Not sure why Hann was so upset about being ?Older brother, little sister? ?think how insulted she?d be (with Janson being the age he is) if they?d suggested she looked older than him. ;)

Liked the touch that Luke is still willing to use the Force to disguise himself, rather than as in Spectre of the Past using a ?normal? disguise because he was trying to minimise his use of power.

Also liked Janson?s reaction to Luke saying he needed to talk to Mara.

12. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Luke's going undercover and can't get through to Mara? Poor little Jedi Master.
    You got Janson's character exactly. Only one thing's missing: He should have told Luke he needs flowers and lots of groveling [face_laugh]

13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    titles huh? how about deepest secrets of the heart

great fic you got going here and I can't wait for more

14. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    The force masking of his face is a part of affect mind and only works on the weak minded. . . or so I thought, but then again Cracken and Ibis are not weak minded in any sence of the word. . . so I'llgo with it

although I'd say that Luke is going to have his hands full on a mission where Wes is involved. . .

15. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Blondie_JediKnight Luke is posing as someone's husband. Do I sense a jealous Mara im the near future?
    Great post!
    Blondie^..^

Luke is going to have a lot to deal with on this mission :D

Courtney_Solo I'm no jedi but..... MARA'S GONNA PUKE!

If she finds out, she won't be happy...

JM 28/06/2005
    Agree that Luke and Mara?s ?system? seemed to work, though Han needs to consider how much longer he and Leia would have danced around their feelings had they not been confined together on the Falcon during the long trip to Bespin.

And Luke and Mara had to get stuck in a cave together...

Liked the Deck Officer?s reaction to having accidentally been disrespectful to a retired General / husband of the Chief of State.

Also liked Han teasing Leia.

Han teases everyone. Even Mara...

And Luke?s reaction to Leia?s concern. He?s been honing that line ever since he turned off his targeting computer and got asked what was wrong.

Yes, he has. If only he told the Rebels that he was listening to the voice in his head...

Be interesting to find out what happened to Luke on Bakura (or rather to find out if AdmiralWesJanson is going to write the scene I think or if he is going to have a different reason for Luke to be less cocky and more sober).

I have the events of the Bakura incident pretty well planned out already. I'd love to see your prediction though.

01/07/2005
    Liked the touch of mentioning Bel-Iblis?s continued manipulation of events to keep his communications equipment where it was and where he had a slight security advantage. Also liked that Bel-Iblis hadn?t actually written the orders he was referring to.

I figured he wasn't past bending the truth a little :D

Twice now we?ve had fleets appear from nowhere and surprise us when we were ill prepared. ?Black Fleet Crisis and Dark Empire?

Those are the main ones, yes. There are a lot of little ones, too. Admiral Daala, the Triad Fleet, Ssi Ruuk, eye of Palpatine... Fleet Tracking needs to get on the ball.

Liked Hann?s reaction to having called Janson a joker, and Janson?s reaction to her not having been regaled with the tales that would show she had called him the right thing. Not sure why Hann was so upset about being ?Older brother, little sister? ?think how insulted she?d be (with Janson being the age he is) if they?d suggested she looked older than him.

Hann gets a lot more background in the next part. She's a little odd, like most the Wraiths.

Liked the touch that Luke is still willing to use the Force to disguise himself, rather than as in Spectre of the Past using a ?normal? disguise because he was trying to minimise his use of power.

It was that part of the book that gave me the idea, actually. I couldn't remember him using a Force disguise before, except maybe the Black Fleet Crisis.

Also liked Janson?s reaction to Luke saying he needed to talk to Mara.

Wes is remarkably perceptive about people, especially in Starfighters of Adumar.

Delpo Luke's going undercover and can't get through to Mara? Poor little Jedi Master.
    You got Janson's character exactly. Only one thing's missing: He should have told Luke he needs flowers and lots of groveling

You're right. :oops:

JediFalcon titles huh? how about deepest secrets of the heart

great fic you got going here and I can't wait for more

I'm working on the next part. I just need to figure out at what point to end it, and switch to the next chapter.

maramijade The force masking of his face is a part of affect mind and only works on the weak minded. . . or so I thought, but then again Cracken and Ibis are not weak minded in any sense of the word. . . so I'll go with it

although I'd say that Luke is going to have his hands full on a mission where Wes is involved. . .

Luke has used it before in crowds and on strong minded people, in BFC I think.
    Actually, Wes may be the lesser of the two problems ;) Wes and L

16. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes, he has. If only he told the Rebels that he was listening to the voice in his head...

[image=http://3do.jediknight.net/dcm/strips/52.gif]

:)

17. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    That's what I was referring to. I love Mimbanite :D

18. Knight_Skye

Knight_Skye Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    Ack!....update....please....p.s., I'm watching you....or, rather, for your next post...

May the Force be with you!

Adria Skye

19. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Chapter Six:

And they all died.

The End.

----

Seriously, this chapter has been rather delayed, which I apologize for. It seems that everytime I tell myself that I will get it to Jedi Trace to Beta tonight, something comes up :( So I think I'll try not to tempt fate. It will be up soon.

This chapter is running somewhat longer than the others, mainly because it took of on a direction I didn't expect at first. Namely "Professional Wes" as well as some other more serious aspects for his character. He's not always fun and games, but in this chapter, the more serious side blends well with the story.

Here's a tiny preview:

?How many undercover missions have you two been on, anyways?? Alysonn looked at the floor, embarrassed.

?One.? She admitted. Janson looked at Luke.

?A few.? He shrugged. Wes sighed.

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's great!! I know the feeling. *sigh*

:D

21. Knight_Skye

Knight_Skye Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    ::"voice" dripping with sarcasm:: ha. ha. j/k, good luck in your writing! May the Force be with you!

-Adria

22. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    *pulls chair closer to monitor* Ok. I'm in! Fun fic-really enjoying it. Part 3 with Artoo and Threepio had me in stitches.

Artoo should definitely give Mara the flowers. ;) And Luke going under-cover??? Playing husband....ouch. Mara might walk into that one. Looking forward to it. ;)

If you're sending out PMs, I'd love to be added on the list.

23. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Nice post! I can't wait for post 6. Not that there's any pressure or anything. :)

EDIT - I didn't mean to hit post, but I did. [face_blush]

24. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Just stumbled on to this collection of viggies and I must say I love 'em. Mara was dead on in the 1st one, Luke is his wonderfully clueless self, Janson's a hoot as he should be.

Looking forward to the next one!

25. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Well, the good news is that Part 6 is complete and sent to Jedi Trace for a beta (Yay for doing that for me :D!)

The bad news is...well, at the moment, nothing. I have lots of ideas for part 7, and hopefully some of the things that delayed part 6 so badly won't come up again.

I'll send out PMs to the people who have asked for it when it is posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.