main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

12" Figures Fanatics Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 19, 2014.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    OMG - Disney FINALLY listened!

Of course her hair is plastic but unlike all of the other 12" Disney Store figures - she's got fabric clothes! Little girls can have a GFFA Princess to go with their other 12" Princess dolls!

EDIT - darn it I guess for now she's a D23 exclusive. Time to start petitioning to get these in stores!

Double Edit: Ok she actually does have real hair, they're limited to 450 of them...don't ask how much I just spent on one online :p

[​IMG]

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here's the one that I bought - better non-blue lighted pic that actually shows her hair:

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and Gamma626 like this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That looks fantastic! Awesome score! :)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not a Leia collector but that looks pretty good..

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    This is all that I've been asking for, for years. Sad thing is people all over are soooo excited wanting it for their little girls but it won't be going to stores :(

Here's hoping that Disney gets swamped w/ requests so that the doll ends up in stores - my gut tells me that she'll be coming w/o a blaster. The Disney Store Princess dolls are all made by Jakks Pacific, there is NO reason that they can't license and make a whole line of DOLLS that are aimed more towards girls so they can play in the GFFA right along w/ their brothers. They will all sell out. I'm bonkers about this because I had the big 3 characters Kenner figures as a kid and look where I am today :p

If there was suddenly an assurance that we'd start getting these kinds of Star Wars doll exclusives at D23 that rival their Disney Princess exclusives - I might consider D23 to be my new Summer convention destination (seriously how wicked awesome would it be to have a Queen Amidala doll, an Anakin/Padme set, or and Endor celebration Han/Leia set like this?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    That's a great 12" ANH Princess Leia, Padme! Awesome figure - like the real hair. Glad Disney made this, though am not sure I'll get it.

This rivals the 12" Hasbro version I got from around 1997 - which still looks great even by today's standards.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Eh I think the Hasbro version is rather ugly. Her head is tiny in comparison to her thick, squatty, butchy body. However, her hair was nice, the sculpt wasn't bad, and her outfit, frankly was even better made than Sideshow's version. I'd like her better if proportionately she had been better planned out.

This Leia's head is big, but that's how all of the Disney Store Princesses have their heads, so she fits right in with them (I think it's so girls can have more hair to play with :p ) I think she's on Jakk's fully poseable 11.5" female bodies which is NICE! The bodies have feminine shapely form, they have fully jointed legs and arms. The Merida on the left has, what I think is the body that this Leia has - so I'm excited! Here's hoping that this is just an intro to a new line of Star Wars dolls who will be coming soon that can end up in the hands of both little girls and collectors!

[​IMG]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got my doll - I wrote up an article on her w/ some pics - but will share them larger here too! I have no idea where I'm going to put my Hot Toys Leia - I think I'll probably have to have one whole shelf in my Detolfs just designated for the Hot Toy's ANH figures when I get them all (I'll have Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, and Ben.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A view of her boot:

[​IMG]

Comparison of all of the ANH Leia's: Hasbro 1996 Leia, D23 Disney Store Leia 2015, Sideshow 1/6 scale Leia 2007, Kenner Vintage 12" Leia 1978.

[​IMG]

And just because...

[​IMG]