Roch, NY 12" Gammorean Guard at Marketplace Mall

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Poggle_Sucks, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poggle_Sucks Jedi Youngling

I found the 12" Gammorean Guard at Marketplace Mall today. $30. The box is almost twice as deep as other 12" guys. I won't know how well he is articulated until later when him up! (Gasp!! He'll be worthless!!! Somewhere now, a scalper is in his parents' basement in a dark cornor rocking back and forth sobbing over this opened exclusive)
  2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master

star 4
    You changed your screen name, but I know who you are. :) This is another new figure that will probably be gone bye the time I can afford it and feel like buying it. I may as well quite since I am so far behind.
  3. DARKSIDER03 Jedi Youngling

star 1

It's been around for atleast 2 1/2 weeks.
    I first found them roughly around 2-2 1/2 weeks ago at KB Toys in the Greece mall.

Ofcourse, they are continuing to ship.

Anyhow, they are detailed very nicely.
    Not ALOT of movement though. But the real FUR-
    like skirt is cool.

Similar in size to the Ep-1 Boss Nass 12 incher.

But the price hike is really a bit much.

4. wookiewombat Jedi Youngling

Trust me guys, its worth the $29.99 I bought 2, one to open and one to keep in its box and its one of the best 12" toys ive seen so far out of Hasbros star wars line. Its THAT GOOD. its got a beautiful sculpt, decent articulation and the accessories are great also. Its worth the money, if you find it, pick it up.
  5. DARKSIDER03 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Oh I have got 2 of them and basically I agree with you just about 100%.

It's just that I remember when just about all 12" (regardless of size) if it was only 1 fig inside, were all no more than $20 or so.

As with all things Hasbro just likes raising prices. They think a bigger sized fig should cost a little more. But it did not use to be like that- as long as it was not an Exclusive. (such as a speederbike one or fig with Taun Taun, Dewback etc.. or 2 figs such as Luke & Han Troopers)Those ones were worth more.

But G. Gaurd still is only one fig in a box.
    Yes it's impressive, but I'm just saying- that though I'm willing to pay for them,
    I don't think they needed to be $30.

But oh well,
    Such is the lament of a non-stop collector!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.