main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

12" Grievous Figure/collector cup

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by sexygrievous, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexygrievous

sexygrievous Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I still haven't been able to find the collector cup or the sneak preview figure, but I heard the sneak preview figure comes inside with the cup anyways. Another thing that I haven't seen since the 2nd at midnight is the 12" grievous figure. Has anybody seen it lately? If so, any place in particular? Thanks! :D

2. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    The 12" figures seem kind of sparse in general this time around...probably because retailers didn't want to be stuck with as many as they were for TPM and AOTC.

As for Sneak Preview Grievous...the version included in the Cup & Figure Set is identical to the Preview version, including all of his accessories. They did the same thing for the Obi-Wan & Clone Trooper cups, which are identical to their ROTS basic figure versions (#1 & #6) in every way...except for the packaging and obviously the included cup.

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I had a relative in a small town find a 12" G for me. He looks pretty cool but has some flaws. His arms fall off quite easily. All four sabers are exactly the same. And his hands are very weak and can't hold the sabers very well. I'm considering getting an "action figure" stand to keep him from falling over since he seems to be a little weak in the knees and top heavy.

All in all though, he looks GREAT! Wouldn't give him up! Worth the $20.

4. gerard_greengoblin

gerard_greengoblin Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2002
    I got the 12" Grievous the first day, April 2, and it happened to be the only one there when I got mine. Agreeing with the above poster it does have its flaws suchs as the lose arms and his hands don't seem to want to hold on to the lightsabers. Overall though the toy is very cool and worth the extra money.

5. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I saw the 12" General Grievous at a K-Mart in my area on Monday night, so it's out there if you look around for it.

As for the Figure & Cup sets, I only saw those at 8AM on April 2nd at my hometown Target. Boy am I glad I picked those up. I got all 3 sets, and the rest were all snatched up mere moments after I grabbed mine. Haven't seen any in-stock at any Target since. Yay me! ^_^

6. darthe2

darthe2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2000
    I found a 12" General Grievous at Wal Mart hidden in the back of some other figures.

As far as the cup, I've seen them every once in a while. Passed on it, just because I already had the Sneak Preview one. Speaking of which, if you're still looking for the Sneak Preview General, try Kohls. I found a few there.

7. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Here in San Diego, I've only seen one 12" Grievous, and it was gone by the time I returned from the ATM machine. :(

The collector cups, on the other hand, seem to be very plentiful. Can't throw a stone without hitting either Obi or GG. At least it seems that way to me.

8. sexygrievous

sexygrievous Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I found both the collector cup AND the 12" grevious figure! YAY! I love grevious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.