main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

12 inch Sidious' face looks like Freddie Crouger!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth_Santos, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    Has anyone noticed that?! It freaks me out. I didn't notice it the day I got it, though. I'm scared...

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I would actually like to get this figure; is it at all worth it?

~Vassago

3. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    If you are going to get any 12inch figure, I suggest you first get Sidious. It is a remarkable figure. Sure to be rare some time in the near future. Good luck hunting!

4. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Bah, dammit...figures. They had two the day I went. Now I'll go all over hell-and-creation and not find a single one. Typical. [face_frustrated]

~Vassago

5. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I thought the same thing when I first saw him. The cloak on both Sidious' I've seen was down, and he looked ugly. The only 12 incher I ain't seen is Grievous.

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Try Freddy Krueger...

7. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    His face looks too light to be Fred, but he still is a creepy figure.

My only complaints are that the hood is just a little too big, and his stomach is exposed if you don't have his robe covering him. Other than that, he's my favorite of the 12 inch ROTS figures.

8. Theendisnear

Theendisnear Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    ok your 3.[face_plain]

9. Darth-Flan

Darth-Flan Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I got lucky and scored the 12" Sidous with hood on, 12" grievous, and the 12" clone trooper. I hope they do more 12" clones like the Commander, or The AT-TE Gunner! I think that it is one of the coolest 12 inchers I have in my collection.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    He looks more like Freddie Mercury to me ;)

Just kidding. The "Press release" photo of this
    figure looked great, but in person, holy cow did it
    look awful. I was like "I didn't know Joan Rivers
    was in this movie.. wait.. that's Sidious?!"

Just my opinion though. :D

11. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
  12. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think it's the worst looking figure. It looks like Gollum with a robe!

13. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    As a "mark" for all things Ian, I found the face on the 12" figure to be a bit...lacking. It's not exactly Freddy-like, but it isn't really what I'd have wanted for a Palpatine figure. In fact, that goes for Ian's face period for ROTS. I don't like the look they've given him for his Dark Lord of the Sith appearance in ROTS.

However, all in all this 12" figure is great. I made it my #1 priority for my Midnight Madness run, since the Wal-Mart I went to only had 2 of them. My wife & buddy helped me to round up the other Palps/McDiarmid figures, and I was satisfied.

14. GeneralDooku

GeneralDooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    I thought about getting it, but the hood seemed very poofy. Is it really like this, or does it come down once you take it out of the package?

15. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Yes the cloak does loose the puffyness out the pack.

I've got to say it is my least favourite figure "in the Pack", but when I took the figure out got the cloak right and the right pose it is an awesome looking figure, the same with the Clone his poseability is superb. For the first time I can achieve a realistic double handed (holding blaster) action pose(not the usual static pose). The only thing to knock on this figure is the Same on the 12" Stormtrooper is the Helmet they are both a bit more cartoony then I'd like.

16. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I saw about 4 of these today on my run around town and passed up each one...I just didn't like the look. But in reading that the "poofyness" of the hood goes down and once you pose it right he is a great figure, I may take a gamble and buy him the next time. :p

~Vassago

17. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    See---You MIMP people miss out on some great things if you don't open the figures up! :cool:

Then again, many figures aren't so great once you open them up and see that their "action feature" ruins the figure..... :(

18. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I saw this figure...I loved it, but I didn't have 20 bucks. I want it, as well as the Darth Vader one, where he changes from Anakin to Vader.

My friend bought the Grievous one.

EDIT: Would you guys recommend not opening them? I want him to open it, but he won't.

darth_nemisis

19. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    Darth Nemesis:

I suggest you do not open it. Not only will the case it is in protect it over the years but it also looks great within it.

20. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Action figures/12" figures are meant to be opened, Nemisis. ;)

~Vassago

21. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    Nemesis:

Please disregard Vassago's opinion. LOL!

22. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    [face_frustrated] He'd be smart not to, you toy keep-er in-er!! (wow, I just made that up :p )

~Vassago

23. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    If you want to open it...open it. It's as simple as that.

24. LordMaul99

LordMaul99 Jedi Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    Thaaaat's who he looks like!!
    I knew that freaky doll reminded me of someone. I agree the Darth Sid will be valueble, but it scares me man!!!LOL!! The General Grevious doll went like hotcakes at midnight madness in Times Square, whereas th DS took some time to disappear.

25. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    As far as opening goes most of my figures are still on the card. But occasionally I can't help but open.

BEWARE: Some figures can be very dissapointing when opened ( usually the 3/4" figures )due to flimsey materials or just a crappy pose. plus they don't have any presence just to small I guess.

* 12" figures usually look better out, as you can achieve some decent poses and they look quite solid.

* 3/4 usually look better in the pack because of the poses they have along with the stylish packaging & are usually flimsey out the pack.

* Unleashed, doesn't matter what you do they look great, superb artwork on the packs and great poses and a solid presence out the pack and on the shelf.

But thats my opinion
    I usually open the figures I really like or the ones that look crap on the card ( in the hope they are better out.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.