main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

12" Sideshow Star Wars Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Beautiful_Skywalker, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    12" fans rejoice. Sideshow is going to produce Star Wars figures after acquiring the license from Lucasfilm and will work with Hasbro. Here's the link to the article.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=071205starwarspr

2. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    This is gonna be awesome!!! I cant wait!!! Ive gone the horror movie line of Sideshow's and think they do an awesome job! I cant wait to see what they have in store for the SW 12" line! I wonder if we'll get to see any previews... or maybe even get a preorder with Comic Con.... I know I know... I doubt it seeing as how they just announced it... but I can hope :D

Cheers
    Steven

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Thats pretty cool.

It would be nice to see Hasbro work out more deals like that.

Great news for 12" fans.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hopefully the price range will be about the same as for the Hasbro ones. If so a Fett or two would probably tempt me..

5. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I would expect about a $40 price tag on these similar to their X-Files 12" figures. If the quality is on the same level that Sideshow seems to put into those it will be well worth it. Hell, it might even make me a 12" collector.

With Hasbro's recent track record this is probably the best thing that could've happened to this line.

6. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    I just heard that a 12" Anakin is on display at the Comic Con?!?!?!?!?! Hopefully someone will get some pics of him!!! This is gonna be a sweet line!!!!

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    This sounds like good news! I can't wait to see a picture of the Anakin figure. :)

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    12" Sideshow Anakin? :eek: =P~ Yes, we MUST have pictures!

God, I'm beside myself so excited about this. I also collect the 12" Sideshow X-Files - well I have CGB and a Doggett on the way, but their quality is undeniable and AMAZING.

Finally, we'll get 12" figures that don't look like they're pumped up on steroids!

9. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    PLJ, I just looked on their website for the X-File dolls and they look amazing. I can't wait to see their SW line! Yay! :D

10. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Nice to see the two of you happy about this...the first thing I thought when I read this news was "that might just make the Padme petition people really happy".

While it's no sure thing that you guys will get all the Padmes you want simply knowing the 12" line isn't dead and in competent hands is a much better than the way things looked just a few days ago.

11. Annika_Skywalker

Annika_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    *thuds*

Must have Anakin...

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm hopeful because they have a whole line based on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and they make all of the female characters. I'm sure that we'll get many male oriented figures, but I can't see them completely ignoring the female characters.

They've done 2 different Scully figures for the X-Files line so far. They were also the only company that made the female heroine from "Van Helsing."

Something tells me that they'll be more open to produce a couple of female characters a year. They also produce fabulous statues - I can see them producing a line of Queen Amidala statues.

Ohhh the possibilities....

13. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Whoo-hoo! My collecting life isn't over! :D

14. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im sure somewhere down the way they'll do a Padme or Leia... they are important characters to not include in their line... Im actually interested to see how many they will actually make total!

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  16. Flaar_Fyre

Flaar_Fyre Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2004
    I just read over on Rebelscum that they will also be making Expanded Universe characters, and the fans will get the vote on the first one they make.

17. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Is it just me or does that "naked Anakin" display look like it could be hiding something behind it?

Perhaps it's possible we'll see something a little more solid (and perhaps less "revealing") after Hasbro's Friday announcements?

Wishful thinking, but I had to put that out there.

18. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    ^^^^ You could be right!!! My fingers are crossed that maybe we'll get at least one 12" pre-order before the con is over!

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I would so vote for that - my vote? Mara Jade.

20. Flaar_Fyre

Flaar_Fyre Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2004
    I would like to see an Anakin Solo 12" figure, since he is my favorite EU character.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Depending on the results, I might just be tempted to toss out all my old Hasbro ones.

22. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    :eek: The 12" line is coming back!? AWESOME! And from seeing Sideshow's work on their large figures,I think we'll be seeing better quality 12" figures here then what Hasbro has been making for awhile. Even if they cost more,I'd be willing to pay it if they're good quality. :D

23. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Maybe I have something to collect again now that Unleashed is giong bye bye.

I look forward to seeing Padame/Leia and maybe an Aayla one :)

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This is great news, especially for a Padmé-collector like me. ;)

I can only hope that they really do something great out of this.

25. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    did they happen to mention when the 1st one was coming out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.