main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi fandom drabbles and NADs] Small Time Latino Arms Dealers, beware...

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Sith-I-5, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Drabble and NAD (not a drabble) thread. Content likely in response to Challenges.

1. [Dr Who] Un-Scheduled Temporal Shift.
    2. [NASA] NASA Press Release
    3. [H:LOTS] Rushing Headfirst
    4. A Shallow Grave NAD (not a drabble)
    5. [Everquest NAD] Stand Your Ground
    6. [Doctor Who, Judge Judith NAD] Judge Judith
    7. [Doctor Who, NCIS, DANL - NAD] Wine and Dine
    8. [Necroscope, Marvel's SHIELD - NAD] Starts with an ‘I’ and ends with a ‘You’
    9. [Formula One] Heartbeat.
    10. [Criminal Minds, Buffy - NAD] Portrait
    11. [Supergirl - NAD] Supergirl: Overflow
    12. [Necroscope, Captain America - NAD] Farewell
    13. [Doctor Who] Forgive and Forget
    14. [Doctor Who, NCIS, DANL - NAD] Current - Kate and the Doctor]
    15. [Backstrom] You Set My Heart On Fire
    16. [Backstrom, MCU] Rushing Headfirst
    17. Lullaby
    18 [Ghostbusters 2016, feat. Archer] In Bloom
    19. [Backstrom] Flex
    20. [Star Trek] Why Starfleet Cells Do Not Have Replicators
    21. [Backstrom] The Noah situation
    22. [Dogman Encounters] Absence
    23. [Crazy theories] Squabble Over Cappucino
    24. [Doctor Who, B.S.P.A.W.S.I.D.] To Turn back Time
    25. [The Dark Tower] The Dark Tower: Choices
    26. [Backstrom] Small Time Latino Arms Dealers, beware...

[Doctor Who drabble] Un-scheduled Temporal Shift

Dalek Log - AD54, Britain.

"Okay. That's a bit wierd."

"Oh ****, Romans! EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE."

"Oh, you want some of this? EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE."

Alone now, surrounded by bodies, the blobby mutant inside the Dalekanium Mark III travelling machine flubbed back in it's bowl, and reviewed the last few moments.

Now, how the hell did we get here? We were in local Earth timeframe, 1983s. Strolling through that garden to investigate an eruption of chronon energy.

Leafy bushes, long wet grass.

Homeowner clearly likes his statues. Females in long gowns, hands covering their eyes, or smelling their own far- "Movement detected!"

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Terrific! Very inventive use of the prompt. :cool:

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you, Nyota's Heart, glad you liked it.

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    NASA Press Release
    To celebrate the release of the new James Bond film, SPECTRE, we are proud to unveil the "SPECTRE winch."​
    For generations, children's experience of space, came through Bond movies, in particular, You Only Live Twice.​
    That movie featured Russian and United States' space capsules being intercepted in orbit, and swallowed whole by one operated by the criminal SPECTRE organisation, with one unlucky astronaut being caught outside on a spacewalk, severing his tether.​
    This high speed winch, connecting an astronaut to their vehicle, will, in the words of its engineer, "allow the astronaut to get his or her ass the **** inside."​

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That's hilarious! :D

I enjoyed the first drabble, too, and am looking forward to more!

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    [Homicide: Life on the Street drabble] Rushing Headfirst

Plays hard and fast with timelines to give a sequel to two-parter episodes, Partner and other Strangers and Strangers and other Partners, where the two hunt for Cantwell, leader of a car chop-shop ring, and lead suspect in the slaying of disgraced Homicide detective, and former lover to both, Beau Felton

Ferry from Japanese mainland slides up to the island pier, adjacent to an Ama fishing village and an extinct volcano dominating the island profile.

The serious-faced redhead, Sergeant Kay Howard of Baltimore Homicide, gears up, putting on her white bulletproof vest over her green jacket.

Beside her, Detective Megan Russert stands in the boat, blond bob whipping across her face as she shades her eyes to regard the volcano. Distant retorts echo as a yellow autogyro trades shots with four black helicopters.

"Kay," Russert calls, "sure about this? Seems an awfully elaborate location for Cantwell to hide out from us."

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Great use of the prompt. And totally a drastic hideout. :p

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Cheers for reading, Nyota's Heart.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    A Shallow Grave

Based on a scene in Criminal Minds

Hard laying here, breathing as shallow as possible, a) to look dead, and b) not to snort up autumnal leaves and dirt.

Crap, someone's coming!

Here he comes, walking down the street,

Hey hey its the Monkees,

They're just clowning around-

Fingers brushing away the leaves and dirt from my face.

"Are there you are, my lovely." The male voice says above me. Sounds normal, like a regular Joe. "Have you missed me?"

Ah, that's a familiar sound, how many times have I heard that? The popping the top off the lipstick.

I can smell the scented wax as the stick presses into and stretches my upper lip. Rimmel Kate Moss Shade 30...wow, I need to get out more.

Where the hell is my backup? What a time to go for afternoon tea?

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! FBI!"

"FEDERAL AGENTS! DON'T MOVE! DON'T MOVE!"

Welcome shouts from all round me as voices and converge on this sick frak above me. They must have been well hidden among the trees.

I open my eyes and look up at him, sitting on his haunches, hands in the air, lipstick between thumb and forefinger, trying to process how his day has just gone to sith, while I, laying in the shallow grave of the body we had just discovered, lie very still till they get him cuffed.

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That was a really interesting point of view to write from, and entirely creepy on the part of the perp. Just . . . eugh. [face_worried] I am glad that the FBI got there in time, that's for sure.

But, well done with a very creative, well-written drabble. =D=

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Everquest NAD (not a drabble) - Stand Your Ground

Adapted from the Yavscout Chronicles: Namedropping Edition

The sun beats down on the sand dune and desert wastes, as I stand on the lee of a dune, my boots sinking into the coarse yellow-white sands.

I'm too busy keeping a wary eye out for Desert Madmen and Diseased Skeletons, to wonder what a 'lee' is.

The level 24 Iksar that I have buffed, enhanced with my classes' brand of magic spells, smiles confidently at me, and volunteers to go pull some stuff for us to kill.

The term "to pull" is shorthand for "I'm going to go find something dangerous, and bring it back for us to double-team, so we can get experience points".

I watch Kylo Ren, for that was his name, run off between the dunes, and out of sight. "I'm going to be famous one day." He had asserted, earlier. "I am going to be a contender."

"Yeah yeah. I'll get your autograph later."

"Alright, on the way back!" He reports after a few minutes, and soon after he appears, I see it, my shocked gaze panning upwards as the turbanned, playful-looking thing, bounds up to us, the size and scale of King Kong, blots out the sun.

"Oh ****! It's a ******* Sand Giant!" I note, as the world falls out of my arse.

"Alright, now stand your ground."

"**** you, stand my ground!" I fade from sight as I cast Camo' on myself, and leg it up the nearest hill, to watch from there, hardly daring to breathe.

Without my support, Kylo chooses to play dead, falling to the floor. Wise move, and it has fooled me before; making me cast urgent Heals and wasting good mana on someone who is just pretending. Lovely.

The Sand Giant stops below me, swaying uncertainly beside Kylo's 'corpse'.

After a few moments, it must have spotted something shiny, for it runs off up the beach.

I breath again.

OOC: The "world falls out of my arse" line is from comedian Micky Flanagan, on his discourse about the Indian tummy malady, Dehli Belly.

12. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Great drabble set, I love the variety of fandoms! A Shallow Grave is just the right amount of creepy, and a great choice of POV (I especially like the part where she identified the lipstick, then "wow, I need to get out more"). Stand Your Ground - I can definitely see that happening! Excellent use of the prompt.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for your kind feedback. :)

Most of it did happen. :) Back when I played Everquest, I was learning to write HTML for web pages, and created the Yavscout Chronicles on my PC to debrief my days or evening's adventure.

I looked back in there to get the name of the player character I was partnered with - it was not Kylo Ren - but it was a level 24 Iksar, and I had written "the turbanned, playful-looking thing, bounds up to us, the size and scale of King Kong," on the entry.

That playing dead thing happened separately, several times. Grr.

Mira_Jade - thank you for reviewing A Shallow Grave.

Tarsier likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Judge Judith

Fairly cramped studio, Judge Judith at the bench, with her Court Officer standing to her right, facing the maroon-skinned, arachnid-like Plaintiff and the skinny, be-suited and be-spectacled Defendent behind their own desks, and behind them, about forty seated onlookers.

Racnoss Queen: "My children, you killed my children."

Tenth Doctor: "How are you even here? Last time I saw you, you were being washed away by that flooding I engineered, under the River Thames."

Judge Judith: "Well, that saves me a job, you admitting your guilt right there."

Tenth Doctor: "Well, in my defence, Your Honour, I was trying to save the human race from being eaten. AND, I offered to take her and her kids to a world where you would be safe, and not a threat to anyone."

Racnoss Queen: "You didn't say you were a Time Lord! Not till I'd refused your proposal."

Tenth Doctor: "So what?"

Judge Judith: "So what, Sir? So what? Look at you, wearing a suit jacket too small for you. I would doubt the veracity of any claim you made. I've watched your Boxed Sets. Whenever you made these kinds of offers, the alien was always the last one to know that you were a Time Lord. In fact, you know what, I find in favour of the plaintiff. Doctor, you have to pay her four thousand dollars, compensation."

Racnoss Queen: "Four thousand, Your Honour? For the genocide of my race?"

Judge Judith: "This is a Small Claims Court, Ma'am. You want to go any higher, you'll have to go to the Supreme Court, or an intergalactic equivalent."

Tenth Doctor: "Hah!"

Tarsier likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] =D= Fantastic use of the prompt.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a ridiculous amount of fun to read. I absolutely loved all of the banter, and this:

"This is a Small Claims Court, Ma'am. You want to go any higher, you'll have to go to the Supreme Court, or an intergalactic equivalent."

Just made it for me. [face_laugh] An excellent use of the prompt. =D=

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Many thanks for the feedback, you two.

And Mira_Jade, very grateful that you pointed out the bit you liked most.

This certainly was not an easy prompt to realise.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Wine and Dine (also a NSWFF Prompt Entry)​

Genres: Doctor Who, NCIS, DANL
    Research: How to open and serve a bottle of red wine
    Characters: Kate Todd - female Caucasian agent with shoulder length dark hair. American.
    The 12th Doctor - male Caucasian Time Lord. Slim, grey hair, cranky.

Kate Todd sat at the rough-surfaced wooden table in the isolated sea fort, looking at the empty chair on the other side of the rectangular bit of furniture.

This was a strange and exhausting assignment, diving for bleached skulls in the central water inside the castle, bringing to the abbreviated stone ramp, and ferrying them up to the tower which contained a crystalline barrier that the sometimes cantankerous, elderly fellow known as the Doctor, had taken to trying to punch, bare-knuckled, mind, through.

Her Boss, I-5 felt that slightly better, less painful, progress could be made if the Time Lord was able to use the pile of skulls that were piled at the base of the fort, instead of his bare knuckles, though as far as she could see, if the material making up the barrier was harder than diamond by several magnitudes, bare fist or using a skull, you were not getting through.

She had been pulled out of a multi-person DANL (Dead Agents, New Lives) operation at the Umbrella Corporation's Tokyo facility, and the two bottles of red and white wine that she was able to procure with the boxes of warm pizza, were stamped with the red-and-black Umbrella logo.

Sometimes she ate alone; sometimes the Doctor joined her, leading the hooded Claw Thing to the far end of the castle then scampering back here to buy himself ninety minutes peace to get a sit-down meal in, and a chat.

Kate had little idea from day to day whether her dinner mate would be a version of the Time Lord that remembered her, or a new one generated by the wierd-looking chamber elsewhere in the castle.
    Obviously she preferred one who knew her, because they did not need to waste time on his understandably suspicious Q&A (question and answer) sessions.

The rough wooden door squeaked open, and the man himself rushed in, his expression brightening as his gaze alighted upon her.

Very slim, grey frock coat and pants, weathered face, and spiky grey hair.

"Ahh, Caitlin. Still here?"

She breathed a sigh of relief at the recognition. Any dinner partner was better than having to eat alone, but a partner that still recognised her was a prized event, no matter how often it happened. She didn't even mind that he refused to call her 'Kate'. "Doctor."

He flipped open the white pizza box, and took a slice, which came out without the melted cheese stretching, a sure sign that it had gone cold.
    The Doctor took a bite and grimaced, although he still chewed on his morsel. He put the slice back in the box, and pulled his sonic screwdriver out from his jacket pocket, gave it a little snap flourish, and aimed the business end down at the meal, the green bulb at the end glowing to a high-pitched sound produced by the metallic device.

Steam rose from the pizza after a few seconds, the cheese getting shiny and visibly softening.

The Doctor applied the same action to the other pizza box, and slid it down the table to her, his thick grey eyebrows furrowing as he studied her.
    "Why are you wearing that?" His Scottish brogue was most obvious with the 'w' words'.

The loose-sleeved red number, tied around the waist with gold-threaded rope, wouldn't have been out of place on Maid Marian, she had thought upon discovering it in the wardrobe of her room in the fortress.
    She had subsequently learned from one of his previous selves that his Clara had worn it when they were adventuring with Robin Hood.

"Far too much banter!" He had groused off the man.

"We discussed this, Doctor. This is your Confession Dial. It is your mind which supplies the clothes available to me, apart from the black dress that I arrived in, and the drysuit and flippers."

There was also the white skirt and suit jacket that she had worn at NCIS in Washington D.C., but that was work wear, to her mind, and her work here was carried out in the black-and-lilac aquatic gear. Off shift, she wanted something comfortable to relax in.

While he munched away, she rose from her seat, and reached for the wine bottles. "What would you like, this evening?"

"Well, there isn't really a wine that goes with pizza," He expanded, waving his first slice of pizza at her, "regardless of species or timeframe, so I will go with my usual."

"Red it is, then."

"And if you are going to do it, do it properly, Caitlin."

She stood there and cocked her head at him.

"Come on, come on. I am on the clock here."

"Alright." She stepped round the side of the table and carried the red bottle and the corkscrew up to him, then balanced the bottle on her forearm so that he could see the label.

"Chateau Batailley Grand Cru Classe Pauillac 1955." He crooked his index finger, and laid the outside onto the glass side. "Good. Room temperature."

"Well, of course it is. There is no fridge around here." She momentarily arched her eyebrows at him.

The Doctor glanced up at her under his own. "Can't this Boss of yours spring for an icebox?"

She picked at the dark red paper covering the cork. "There is no rhyme or reason to what he provides."

She tore off the paper, inserted the corkscrew and expertly uncorked the Umbrella Corp' bottle, practice making perfect, poured him a decent slug in the long-stemmed wine glass, and put it before him.

"Thank you."

"No problem, Doctor." She returned to her chair, and reached for the white wine.

"Do you want me to chill that?" The Time Lord waggled the sonic.

"I'm having it with pizza. Why bother?" She opened and poured the golden liquid for herself, before seating and reaching for lukewarm pizza, the cheese stretching as if her slice was making a desperate attempt to stay in the box. "How are you coming with the barrier."

"I have taken a leaf out of Steve McQueen's Cooler King in that film-"

"The Great Escape." Kate smiled as she imagined her old NCIS partner, Tony DiNozzo, nodding and smiling at her film knowledge.

"Yes, precisely." The Doctor finished chewing on his mouthful, then washed it down with some red. "I have tightened the molecular bonding on the skulls to make them considerably harder. I have taken to sitting on a pillow from my room, and chucking the skulls at a particular part of the barrier to wear it down without breaking my knuckles. Enough of the skulls roll back to me that I do not have to get up for quite a while."

"Well, don't get carried away. You don't want to get trapped in there by the Hooded Claw." She shivered at the thought of the terrifyingly ominous thing. Despite that it had never shown any interest in her, even when she opened fire on it, it still scared the pants off her.

Her reminder of the thing, killed the conversation, until, he finally stood, wiping his hands on a cloth and dabbing it at the corners of his mouth. "Thank you for the repast, Caitlin. Back to the coal face for me, I am afraid."

Agent Todd nodded sadly, took a sip of her wine, and watched him go.

[​IMG]

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    KATE!! I loved her on NCIS (I actually stopped watching when she died). This is super fun! I love seeing her interact with the Doctor.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm glad that you were able to recover this piece, because this was really interesting to read! I liked the setting of them eating pizza together, the lines about the proper - or lack of a proper - wine to go with the pizza were definitely my favourite. The same goes for the Doctor calling her Caitlin. Because he would. :p

Anyway, this was a fun interlude, and I very much enjoyed the dialogue you created. Well done! =D=

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    NYCitygurl, Mira_Jade - thank you both for the feedback, and telling me which bits you enjoyed. Much appreciated.

I'm glad you both enjoyed seeing Kate again. She's also one of the agents in the DANL Thread, of which this piece becomes a part.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Starts with an ‘I’ and ends with a ‘You’

(NSWFF Prompt Entry)

Concept: I wanted to introduce E-Branch’s Mary Formal and Liz Merrick to the S.H.I.E.L.D. of greyjedi125 ’s roleplay game, Marvel Heroes: Resurgence, but did not have the time.

[​IMG]

“I signed you both up for the Superhuman Registration Act.” The head of British E-Branch, Ben Trask, announced, the bald man leaning back in his executive chair, a skyline view of an overcast London through the double-glazed window behind him.

“The what?” Mary Formal, E-Branch agent and unbeknownst to her human colleagues, an extra-terrestrial shape-shifting refugee from the planet Arca, retorted, her expression giving the impression that she had bitten down on a wasp.

Liz Merrick, a telepath who was one of the branch’s more recent intake, leaned from her own chair to Mary’s. “I think it is related to SHIELD.”

"Wasn't that a make of soap?"

Liz sighed. "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. They rallied super-heroes to deal with Doctor Doom in Latveria, a year ago?"

The two had worked together at times on a vampire-hunting operation in Australia, and Trask subsequently tended to pair the two women as a result, when there were no over-riding factors.

“It’s the Superhuman registration act, Boss.” Formal pointed out, bare legs crossing under her black pencil skirt. Since Oz, she had ditched her usual hippy-dippy backless tops and bright ra-ra minis, and started dressing in a more corporate manner, short-sleeved white blouses, knee-length black or blue pencil skirts, and a snub-nosed Beretta in a dinky little holster at the small of her back, in the manner of a fictional female U.N.C.L.E. agent.

For some reason, all the colleagues familiar with the 1960s series, were perfectly happy to go along with her pretense that she was a liaison for the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, and help string along the co-workers, Liz included, who had never heard of it.

“Hold on.” Merrick piped up, raising a finger. “How can you sign Mary up? I know she works with us and all, but do you have the authority to do that for her?”

Mary glanced at her friend, who habitually took advantage of the Branch’s relaxed office policy to live in jeans and checked men’s shirts. “That’s a point.” She glanced back at Trask. “Mister Waverley is going to be pi-, I mean, uh, rather put out.” She referred who would have been Trask's opposite number in the U.N.C.L.E., you know, if it actually existed.

“It was his idea.” Trask deadpanned.

Her boss was an enigma to the Arcan. She knew that his psychic talent, as all of E-Branch’s top bods had one, was that he could not only sense lies, but felt a physical pain in the presence of one, which was the main source of the hostility that she received from him, for she frequently had to hide her intentions or plans to feed, which since it involved the traumatic removal of a still-beating heart from a human’s chest, was not something she could rely on his understanding.

It was a source of constant amazement for her that with all that going on, he played along with her masquerade, even though he frequently made her pay for it, like forcing her to write reports in duplicate, for himself, and for her "real employers".

“And while he agreed that E-Branch should pick up the tab for Liz’ flight across the Pond to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s headquarters, Mister Waverley suggested that you purchase your own ticket, and claim it back in expenses through U.N.C.LE.’s New York field office.”

Formal glared at her grinning but wincing supervisor. “Oh, **** you.”

FIN

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Tim Battershell likes this.
  23. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Good intro to the characters, and I loved the mentions of Waverley and dear old U.N.C.L.E.![:D]

Tim Battershell and Sith-I-5 like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Heartbeat - NSWFF challenge prompt #57

Character: Kevin Magnussen - McLaren F1 2014 driver, 2015 reserve driver.

Drabble extrapolated from his off-season tweet.

BOOM BOOM.......BOOM BOOM.

The Birthday Boy, shiny party hat on, green-and-white-iced cake balanced in one hand while the raucous party continued to happen in the other room, sits at the computer following the ping of received email.

Ooh, its from the team. PA to Chairman Ron Dennis no less.

Sweet!

Taking a bite of yellow sponge and tangy icing, he opens the missive:

Hi Kev'. We have run the numbers, and regretfully, there is nothing for you here at McLaren. We have to let you go.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM-

25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hilarious read. Any F1 driver would go excited about not being chosen.
    And loved all the stuff with the doctor and NCIS

Sith-I-5 likes this.