main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 13/9/09. Some girls dreams... .

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_WinterCelchu, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    I promise to do replies soon.

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Short is okay...something is always better than nothing :D I sometimes make posts to my stories too long.

I love what you're doing with this. It's such an original idea for a fic, and looks to be a great character study of Jacen. You can do so much with a character who is suffering as he is now...

Jes

3. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oooooooooo! I've never read a fic like this at all!! This is exciting! Jacen needs a shrink, though. :D

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [iThanks Nat and intersting you say. Why so?[/i]

Because it provided more information about why Jacen's upset.

?They asked me!? He spat. ?They asked me, in that damn concerned voice they perfect so well, could I tell them anything to help? Did I have a healthy relationship with my little girl? Did my feelings towards her change after my wife died? They wanted me to tell them I?d hurt her! Abused her! They accused me of something that unspeakable and you knew they would!?

Oh my gosh that's so sad!!!! You are totally evil!!!!!

?Well, meet that son of a sith, Nadia. I was the drunk driver that killed my wife.?

EVILNESS!!!!! YOU ARE PURE EVILNESS!!!!!!

5. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Whaa?? :eek: Whoa.... that's intense.... poor Jace, having to learn the hard way.

6. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    Jes

Short is okay...something is always better than nothing I sometimes make posts to my stories too long.

Thanks Jes and your posts are perfect. Not too long. I enjoy them.

I love what you're doing with this. It's such an original idea for a fic, and looks to be a great character study of Jacen. You can do so much with a character who is suffering as he is now...

Thanks again. And im trying my best. But it's alot harder then i thought it would be. But Fun anyway.

Laura_Anu

Oooooooooo! I've never read a fic like this at all!! This is exciting! Jacen needs a shrink, though.

Thanks and i hope you enjoy it. The shrink comment believe it or not is written in my story plans...

Nat

Oh my gosh that's so sad!!!! You are totally evil!!!!!

?Well, meet that son of a sith, Nadia. I was the drunk driver that killed my wife.?

EVILNESS!!!!! YOU ARE PURE EVILNESS!!!!!!

I know i am. But i do get a little less evil later. Alot later but still. Anyway can't always be sunshine and cheer. ;)

Avenkiel

Whaa?? Whoa.... that's intense.... poor Jace, having to learn the hard way.

It is sad for him isn't it. For some reason it seems to be coming out more and less intense at times when im trying to make it the opposite though.

Anyway *Jumps up and down* Yay i have a new reader. Someone who reads my other fics too. Which i will promise to update soon.

7. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
  8. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Character studies are very difficult...but as long as you're having fun with it, that's all that matters. :D

Jes

9. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Upping this because it was on page 14!!!!!

More Lady_Winter?

10. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    There will be hopefully by the start of next week

11. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Wow :eek: I really like this story. Well i'm not shocked because i liked it, but because the plot is so different and interesting. This story is really well written. I just sort of fell into it. I love the title, i don't know where your going with it, but the title definitly draws attention. I Like Nadia, she's got personality and she's different; She's not Tenel Ka or Danni Quee. I can't wait for the next update!

~Rose~

12. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    Thank you Rose_Skywalker!.

Is it okay if i call you Rose?

13. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

absolutely, writing out that whole skywalker takes up to much time even for me! :p

~Rose~

14. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    Thanks Rose. I should be puttin up a post in an hour or so.

15. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    As promised?

Post 5.

"A mission?" Nadia asked confusion evident in her voice.

He glared at her; Nadia just wanted to touch him, to ease the anguish upon the face that had become so dear to her. Yet, just as before he ignored her feelings, "Just what do you promise your wife as she lies dying in your arms, young doctor? Just what do you say that will right all your wrongs?"

Nadia couldn?t help it any longer. She had to reach out and touch him. Only her hand, which cupped his cheek. His cheek that was wet but oddly warm, when his eyes were so cold. His eyes deadly, deeply cold, two black voids in a galaxy going nova. And the tears he shed still fell; though he did not realise it.

"Did Danni really ask you to give away your life to pay for your mistake?" Nadzieja asked. " Did this woman whom claims your heart ask you to give your life for taking hers?" Her tone now seemed brutal even to her but didn?t seem to faze him. Her emotions did not reach him his own pain so big.

"She didn?t have to. There is no way I could ever make it up to her now, is there? I can only do what I think is right." Jacen answered bitterly after a few minutes of silence.

" The same way Inara is doing what she thinks is right?" Nadia asked of him. Determined to help him through though it was costing her everything she had left.

He backed away again, his lips curled in disdain." Don?t you dare play amateur psychologist with me Nadzieja Iczkiewicz. Don?t you dare!" Jacen threw the words at her. " Better people then you have tried and failed."

Inside she was crying out, mirroring his emotions. Outside she took a deep breath and continued, "Why don?t you tell me?" She said as simply as she could. " Just sit down and tell me? Tone gentling with each word.

He stepped towards her maliciously. " Why the hell should I." He spat.

She motioned around the small med supply room. " Physical exertion doesn?t seems to have helped." She said logically.

His smile turned mocking then. " I?ve got a whole house I haven?t even started on yet."

She wanted to run away. Wished she hadn?t let Kathryn manipulate her into doing this. " You have someone here to talk to. You?ve never had that luxury before. Why not try it. We?ve all heard the phrase, ?Burdens are easier carried with two shoulders." It?s an old cliché so there has to be some truth to it.?"

He sneered at her and attacked again. " Because you love me?"

I'm sorry this was so short. It was necessary for the story to stand alone though. I hope you enjoyed it. Or at least understood it. It was hard to write.

16. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    He's so troubled...but just the same I wish he wouldn't be so harsh on her...

Nice update!

Jes

17. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oohh, I know Jace is hurting, but that was really low!! Good job, more post soon?

18. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    I'm here, Lady _W. Wow! This is powerful. I think I'm gonna pull a Marai here...so be prepaped.

Post 1

?No,? Nadia insisted. ?Not again, Find somebody else, girlfriend. I am not welcome near that family.?

When do we find out why she's not welcome???

Her colleague, the nurse faced her. ? I don?t know. It?s like he?s reached the end of his sanity. He?s? he?s? Kathryn paused then tried again, ? He?s falling apart.

Poor Jacen.

So far, I like Nadia. She seems really grounded and sweet.

?The last I heard, he was tearing apart a room on the 7th floor.?
    Kathryn knew what sort of reaction the younger woman would have to this comment.

Uh-oh. This is bound to be messy.

Trying to lighten the mood she quipped, ?I thought they kept the breakables there so they wouldn?t tempt the residents.?

LOL...I really like Nadia.

Post 2

It was as if all the pain she was feeling in her heart, he had succumbed to. As he had splintered into a million sharp pieces oh shrapnel and pain rained down upon the small confines of the room.

Oh my! I love your descriptions on this. I can almost feel his pain. :_|

He?d hurled a lamp at the wall and from the way it was broken she could tell that he hadn?t use the force to throw it.

Ouch. If he's not using the force to throw stuff, he's definitly angry/sad/confused/messed up.

She shouldn?t be here. She should just leave him and let him face it alone. She simply couldn?t survive when she helped him again and he walked away form her. Again.

Poor Nadia. Can't he see the she loves him?

Post 3

?They asked me!? He spat. ?They asked me, in that damn concerned voice they perfect so well, could I tell them anything to help? Did I have a healthy relationship with my little girl? Did my feelings towards her change after my wife died? They wanted me to tell them I?d hurt her! Abused her! They accused me of something that unspeakable and you knew they would!?

:eek: How could they? This is Jacen Solo we're talking about!!!!

Nadia loved this man and would not apologise for believing in him.

That's actually really sweet. :_|

Jacen straightened. Swept his arms out wide, an exhibit of himself. Laughed. ?Well, meet that son of a sith, Nadia. I was the drunk driver that killed my wife.?
    Then he bent to her again, and Nadia cowed before his grief. ? And now I get to tell my little girl.?

:eek: :_|

Post 4
    Okay, I don't have just one thing to pick out about this post. It was all exceptional. This one and the last one brought me to tears.

Post 5

He sneered at her and attacked again. " Because you love me?"

With the way he's being, he's very lucky she still loves him! She si just what he needs right now and he needs to get it through his head!!!

Anyways, Lady_W, I really like this so far. You've done a wonderful job and I cannot wait to see where this goes. Very few stories have brought me to tears the way this one has.

~*Whisper*~

19. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

dun dun dun.... :p

Jacen just knows how to hurt a person with words. I don't know how Nadia handles him. I so would have left in a huff with him. I think Jacen needs medication. ;)

20. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Up!!!!

~*Whisper*~

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, that was so sad!!!! Especally the last line :(

22. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

*pokes up*

New post soon :D

23. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    Hey Y'all I'm Back Yet again. And i advise tissues and a drink with this one. It's long and intense.

I'll send out pm's in a minute.

The length of this was partly necessary and partly at guilt from neglecting it. So there you go. I hope you enjoy.

Post 6.

He sneered at her and attacked again. ?Because you love me?"

********************** Flashback.************************

Kathryn Parsons was a rational person by nature. She had yet to find a good enough reason to unleash her wrath on any of the other staff, patients or parents at the medwards. For someone who had worked there for three years that was a considerable achievement.

That was until now. She was close enough to reaching her breaking point that she was seeking out the already hurting doctor. The only real hope she felt in righting this ridiculous situation.
    She had spent the last 20 minutes trying to track down Nadia. 20 minutes she didn?t have. Yet this was too important not to be followed up.

It was the ward nurse in charge who told Nadia what was going on. She had been sitting at the mess hall table trying to interest her in eating her lunch when the nurse had calmly slid in across from her and simply stared.

Nadzieja wasn?t really that surprised she had figured that the senior nurse was here to settle the bet. After all, everyone knew how hard she had been trying to get Jacen to talk to her. She?d been trying so hard that it seemed the staffs were starting betting pools to maximize the entertainment she had been providing daily.

She?d checked a couple of times on Inara, only to find her young friend asleep, and she?d tried to wait for Jacen knowing Inara would need him to be there when the implications of her illness were explained to her. The only thing she had managed to give herself was a loss of appetite, incessant headache and growing reputation.

Stilling her thoughts she turned to Kathryn. ?You looking for lunch? I wouldn?t recommend you get anything here. It tastes like medical fare.? Trying to inject humour into her voice.

?I want you to do something.? Came the nurse?s reply.

?Me? What? And why??

Kathryn, a sharp, storm trooper kind of pseudo aunt to all the kids admitted, huffed at her as if she was the stupidest person on planet. ?Master Solo is transferring his little girl to a treatment facility for eating disorders.?

Nadia brightened at that. ?Wonderful,? she started to say only for Kathryn to cut in informing her, ?On Dantooine.?

Nadzieja was suddenly on her feet without quite knowing how she got there. ?What?? she spluttered. Temper rising despite her promise to remain unemotional in this.
    Kathryn didn?t move once. She simply told her, ?It?s a galaxy wide leader in the treatment of disorders like the one Inara has.?

?Well that?s fine then.? Nadzieja said calming down. ?As long as he?s going with her.?

Kathryn smiled at her a little bitterly and with pity too. ?It?s not that kind of place.? She told the younger woman grimly.
    Nadia didn?t bother to hear anymore she went straight into battle mode. Scowl fierce she sped past the nurse who gazed at her grimly.
    Good Luck Kathryn thought. For that little girls sake I hope you het through to him.

It shouldn?t have surprise her that she couldn?t find Jacen anywhere. The damn coward was probably avoiding her, throwing another tantrum because somebody tried to help him. Well? let him be a petulant child if he wanted. His family should be here soon. They said they would get here when they could get leave. But she would not let him compromise his daughter?s well being by being impetuous and frankly idiotic.

When she couldn?t find him anywhere she braved the bantha?s den, surprisingly only Inara was there.
    Nadia found her sitting in her oversize bed in a private room overflowing with flowers, stuffed toys and many, many ewoks. Her hair was lank and her eyes red rimmed and anxious. Her heart went out to this poor little darling so like her at that age. The difference being this one was stu

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that was so sweet!! Though a bit confusing.

25. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Jacen! Stop being so mean and just kiss the girl for crying out loud!!

Sorry I haven't commented in a while...I got kind of busy and forgot about this one. You would PM me, and then I'd be like, "Oh, I'll got read it, just as soon as I check my emai." Then of course, I never came back. Sorry! But I really like this fic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.