main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    IC: Zeth Tak'n
    Medbay

Zeth had rushed down to the medbay when he had received that Max would be awaking soon. No soldier should have to wake up alone, especially after what Max had just been apart of. The zabrak knew there was no way he and Talia could have taken the entire squadron without Max.

Zeth saw that Max was coming, and was in pain. "Woah, take it easy Max. You've just been through alot. You had a few problems during landing. How are you feeling?"

TAG: Rally

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Si Kya
    Medbay

Useless.

Si Kya had been released from the medbay hours ago, the toxins flushed from his system by the medical droids with some ease, apparently. He had showered and returned almost immediately, simply because the droids wouldn't allow him to stay near the medbay while he was so contaminated by sweat, grime and so forth. Had he a holocam, or a datapad, he would have recorded the event - the great victory by Colonel Tahnan, but he could hardly do something that banal during such a terrible time. He had, however, learnt everyones names, every person saved from Gesaril, every person wounded, and in the medbay.

He'd get started on the dead later.

For now, Si had battered his soul into pieces, going over that moment during the prison break. When he'd chosen to take out that Darktrooper rather than save Cole. Hovering near his bed, Si had prayed to the Gods to save the man. Kira didn't matter, now - not that he was too interested in speaking to her about how late half-brother anyway.

Si grimaced as the droid lowered Cole down, stil pasty from the sticky bacta. The droid lowered him, and Cole went down, his legs giving way. The droid reached for him - too slow. Si had practically leapt over the medbay bed to reach Cole, bracing the man under his arm, holding him up. A dull ache rippled through him, but Si ignored it, helping Cole up.

"You okay, Cole? I've got you."

The Kya had never felt so young in the presence of such a worn man.

TAG: Sir_Draco

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Tenk Qatar
    Sunlight Ranger, Captain's Quarters

Tenk had enjoyed the next twenty-four hours after his rescue. The sleep had been nice and he meant actual sleep rather then the freezing that was apparently an every day procedure with the Sith on Gesaril. That was one surprising revelation that Tenk soon discovered; that a month had actually passed since his capture. Between that and the escape of the asteroid prison, he had greatly needed the decent sleep.

His control over the Force returning to him was another bright spot. Throughout the next few hours his link to the Force was constantly severed before being reconnected. It was only recently, however, that it came back and his link remained consistent.

It allowed him to see clearly the hidden depths of the Sunlight Ranger, of the crew and the emotions that they radiated. There was anxiety, even outright fear within the ship that stuck to the air now and perhaps long before Gesaril. But there was something else as well. Pride at the victory at Gesaril, of a successful mission of not only striking a blow against the Sith but also retrieving prisoners that may help them in their fighter. And with that pride there was hope that the Sith can indeed be defeated and that this victory was just the beginning.

Tenk had done his best to hide his own troubled thoughts while he caught up with his wife; easily the most pleasant part of his recovery.

But even with Talia he continued to be bothered, especially now, as his wife dressed into her blue flight suit. It was a sight of the uniform that brought unpleasant memories of the past, of the war that they had participated in and the several trials that they had both faced together that, in the end, caused Tenk to crumble. Bakura had done it, destroying Tenk's will to continue the fight and - he had never tried to fool himself - he had just given up. He had hung up his lightsabers, severed his ties with the Order, and just did his best to lead a peaceful life.

"The Captain will wish to see you soon, darling. They have risked a lot to save you."

Tenk had responded to the touch of his wife with a smile which helped with the front to hide his growing thoughts. The Force allowed him to see again and it wasn't just the crew of the ship that he could see. He could see the bitterness, the hardened soul within his wife that, while having softened at his reappearance into her life, remained nonetheless.

"These men here, they are good men. Brave men, Tenk. And they have great hope . . . they hope you will help them. They have invested their hope in you and that Romar, you know? It kept them going."

Talia was stronger in ways that Tenk could never be and he had realized that when he had given up. She had still wanted to keep going, he had been able to see that, even when she had decided to settle down with him. Because of him. The trials that had broken him down, she had been able to keep standing against. He figured it was partly the reason as to why she had been so readily to get back into the fight again other then her desire to save him.

He was still weak though, and Tenk could already see how his upcoming meeting would go.

The smile still on his face, Tenk leaned forward and placed a kiss of his own onto the lips of his wife.

"I will do what I can," he replied. "Just as you have done."

Liar.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

4. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Jacen Cole
    Med Bay, Sunlight Ranger

Why had bacta-tanks had to be so cold? He felt his legs fail him and somebody grabbed him.

"You okay, Cole? I've got you." He heard someone say. Getting used to the sudden bursts of light that attacked his eyes Jacen Cole tried to focus. It was the young guy they got out of prison with Romar.

"I would feel better about that, if I wouldn´t be nacked." He said and managed to laugh for a second before coughing. "Give me my jumpsuit, please." He said and the droid was faster than the boy. He climbed into it, almost slipping again. His side hurt, but he felt alive. Not great, but alive.

"Have you got my rifle out of that sith-hole?" He asked Si. He knew he had at some point yelled at him not to leave it there. Then he looked at him. The boy looked concerned. "Never seen a guy recovering from a shot? Welcome to the war, dude."

He only smiled and sat down, as pain ran through his side. "Dammit, should stop laughing about my own jokes." He coughed. "Has she made it out alive?" He asked then. "Everybody else?"

Tag: Sinrebirth

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Med Bay

"Have you got my rifle out of that sith-hole?" Si nodded, mechanically, having blushed. He pushed out of his mind one of the Greats being naked before him. A strange consideration, with a war on, but there nonetheless. Cole was brusque, which Si took as a good sign.

"Never seen a guy recovering from a shot? Welcome to the war, dude."

Si grimaced, and spoke, hesitantly. "I was at school on Coruscant during the war, sir. The final year of my degree was cut short by Caamas." I graduated fourth in my year, he wanted to add, but such a trivial addition didn't mean alot. Technically, he had completed a doctorate, and could refer to himself as Dr. Kya - but he'd hadn't stayed on Coruscant to collect his certificate. He was twenty-seven, after all, to stay in school for that long meant he was entitled to something else than 'Mr.', - but he kept such banal thoughts to himself. Even in his head, such a sentence sounded clumsy, and he wished Roon hadn't stolen his confidence.

"Dammit, should stop laughing about my own jokes." Cole coughed as he sat, and Si nearly jumped, ready to catch him if he lolled and fell off the bed. Resisting the urge to say anything else, he winced at the next questions. Has she made it out alive? Everybody else?"

"She has survived, I think. The doc is seeing her now." said Si, shaking his head at the unfairness of that. "22 died during the battle. Everyone else is more or less in one piece. Colonel Tahnan has been placed in an artifical coma." Si chose not to mention that Cole had been given the bacta, and not the Colonel, thus the coma.

He'd be unhappy enough as it was.

6. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Maximl Vektir
    Sunlight Ranger medical bay

[i]
    *As Max awoke, the pain assaulted his head like the full fury of a Star Destroyers batteries. With a growl and gritting of teeth, Max slowly sat up in bed, trying to reconcile the new noises and smells with the fact that his vision was blurry and slowly clearing.
    He shooed away the fearsome-looking FX9 Medical droids when they came over to assist him, and was about to request some medical assistance from a living being, prefering the type that was dispensed by an appropriate Zeltron or Twi'lek, when he noticed he was being approached by somebody who looked like they had come in from the corridor rather than the bay itself.

The voice confirmed that it was in fact Zeth Tak'n showing an interest in the welfare of his pilots, something that Max definitely appreciated in a good commanding officer.*[/i]

[color=blue]"Woah, take it easy Max. You've just been through a lot. You had a few problems during landing. How are you feeling?"[/color]

[i]*Apparently the part of his brain that had taken the abuse wasn't the part that was in charge of sarcastic thought or vocalization*[/i]

"Well Horn-Head, I was doing alright up until I realized that you were the first thing I would be seeing after I came to.
    Then again if you're really a Twi'lek dancer or a Zeltron cafarel turned nurse, then I may have a more serious problem than I first thought."

[i]*Max grinned and chuckled a little, then winced again in reaction to another stab of pain in his head*[/i]

"So whats the skinny? I kinda remember making one sporty landing in the bay, but how soon till I can stretch my wings again. And who were we after on that rock anyway, are they in this bay? I wanna see if the risk was really worth it."

[b]Tag:[/b] Zeth (Kit-Kenobi), Kira (Sirak), Ishtarr; Wookie MD (Fins)

7. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Jacen Cole
    Med Bay, Sunlight Ranger

"She has survived, I think. The doc is seeing her now." The boy looked as if that was good news. "At least we haven´t been shot down for nothing, heh." He grumbled and stretched.
    "22 died during the battle. Everyone else is more or less in one piece. Colonel Tahnan has been placed in an artifical coma." Jacen realxed himself. Feeling some strength return to his body, even though he was weakened. Taking his belt from the stair nearby he put on his weapons again.
    "Colonel is out of the game?" He looked at the bacta tank. They had been low on healing fluid for weeks. He knew what had happened. But couldn´t make himself feel regret.

"We´re probably better of without him, for now. He wanted to hand over command to the freaky little witch out there." He stepped to the window and watched Romar awake. The sheets seperated them from the other patients, but not from his view. Then he turned to Si Kya. "Coruscant university? Good education, hm? Nothing like a fine bucket of knowledge if you ask me. Always enjoyed classes." He went back to the chair with his belongings and began attaching the various knifes to their holsters.
    "Then tell me, what does a smart boy like you do in a stupid situation like that on Gesaril? How did you end up in jail? Look pretty harmless to me. Except when you blast troopers, of course."
    He grinned. And waited for his reply, giving Romar another worried look.

Tag: Sinrebirth, Fin

8. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Kira Romar
    Med Bay, Sunlight Ranger

The first thing she saw was a black-furred wookiee. Her mind played tricks on her, trying to match it with another Wookiee she had known and loved, but it didn´t fit.

He is dead, Kira. He is dead.

When her view has cleared she sat up, looking around. "Where am I?" She asked, looking around. Then she saw the droid and the marines guarding the bay. Obviously she was in Galactic Alliance territory.
    "I won´t need translation. My Shyriiwook is pretty good. I am Kira Romar." She simply added. The memories of her escape came back to her. The soldiers, Kya´s brother, Tahnan. Tahnan!

Her eyes widened in realization and ignoring any answer to her previous questions she stared at the Wookiee, probably her medic. "What is about the others? Have they made it?" She tried to stand up.

Tag: NickLitYouAFlame

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Talia
    Captain's Quarters, Sunlight Ranger

She enjoyed the kiss. She had missed him so much. Then her eyes snapped open.
    "I know you, Tenk Qatar. You think you won´t but believe me, you will." She smiled. And put her belt on, fixating her gun and her medikit and looking at him.
    "I´ll check with my Squadron, Tenk. I need to know if the others have made it, ok?" She smiled. Then looked down on him again.
    "Tell me what do you think of the other two prisoners? I heard our contacts have asked for them. Specifically to meet these two. But they haven´t asked for you. Any idea what this could be about?" She wondered out loud and then turned to him, awaiting his answer, before she would go.

She had become a true pilot. Always trying to stay on thought ahead of her enemies. Even her allies.

"Because if anything is wrong, you would tell me, would you?" She smiled. Then leaned forwards and kissed him once more. "Hard to go, but I must." She added. And only awaited his answer, before she would be out of the room.

Tag: Sarge221

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

"I know you, Tenk Qatar. You think you won´t but believe me, you will."

Tenk's smile had disappeared and he had blinked several times up at Talia, surprised and even confused. He blinked again.

"Because if anything is wrong, you would tell me, would you?"

The former Jedi focused on answering her questions first when he felt her touch again, and he immediately tried to remember what they were despite Talia having just spoken them a minute ago.

Oh yes, she wanted to know about the other two prisoners that had been broken out with him. Kira Romar and...Sae. Yes, the other was Sae Kya; he was informed of his name when they escaped on the shuttle. Now that he had time to think more about his fellow prisoners now that they weren't fighting for his life...Tenk found that he didn't know much about them.

"I honestly don't know much about the other two prisoners," Tenk finally replied to Talia, looking up at her. "One of them was a Jedi, Kira Kara Romar and I'm sure you've heard of her participation at Roon. But the other I don't know anything about. His name's Sae Kya and he mentioned having a half-brother that died at Roon but..." He shrugged. "I don't remember meeting anyone with the name Kya if his half-brother even used that name."

He paused, something that Talia mentioned coming up in his mind.

"Contacts?" he questioned.

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Talia
    Captain´s Quarters, Sunlight Ranger

She sighed. Then sat down again instead of leaving. "Tenk, we would have never learned of your whereabouts. The Galactic Alliance is scambled through-out the galaxy. The remnants of it. Not much of intelligence, no Jedi, no one they can trust. The Sith have hunted us, wherever we went. Gesaril . . . was our first strike at THEM in a long time." She embraced her husband.

"The Alliance has a benefactor. He has send supplies. Quality stuff. We only know his henchman. Or probably he is the one truly behind the thing . . . his name is Vexedo. A Falleen. A Falleen with resources. And sources of other nature. He says he works for The Vulture."

She waited a long moment for Tenk to swallow it. The Vulture was well known. The Jedi had tried to locate the man for almost fifty years. Even Grandmaster Skywalker had thought him to be only a legend at some point. A Crimeboss behind many dealings or a front for a group to operate under his name. A legend in the criminal world. Nobody had ever met him, nobody knew what he looked like. Everybody knew he was man who you didn´t cross. Even the Hutt Council of Nal Hutta, who had denied him once, had met an early end. One member at a time.

"He has given us everything we needed. Outlines, troop strength, even a guess of how many Sith would be present. It was as if he knew . . . everything. He also said it would be a trap. But that hadn´t kept Colonel Tahnan from going after . . ." She didn´t say the word you. Because it wasn´t true. " . . . after Romar. Vexedo´s only condition? Once saved he wanted to talk to Romar and the archaeologist. We had no idea what he was talking about until . . . we got this Kya guy." She smiled at him.

"We take what we can get, these days. Any ally is welcome. And he has shown to be a powerful ally, indeed." It was obvious that she, like all soldiers on board probably, had to convince herself the dealing with the notorious Vulture was no mistake.

"He has saved you. Vexedo told me you would be there." She smiled. "I owe him."

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

Vexedo? The Vulture?

Tenk didn't know of Vexedo but...The Vulture. He had sat there for a moment, seeming to ignore Talia's embrace before his arms finally wound around her body as he returned it.

It was indeed a name that he knew. It was a name that was spoken within the halls of the Jedi Academy as far back as when he first started his training on Coruscant. A story when he had been young, but a legend when he had grown older and became more privy to reports of missions to seek out and find him...which ended in failure. No one knew anything about him and more then once Tenk had wondered if The Vulture was indeed male.

Fifty years that the Jedi had been looking for him and he was still around even after the chaos of the war?

"He has saved you. Vexedo told me you would be there. I owe him."

Even with his legendary status and his apparent help with his rescue, Tenk didn't feel like he owed the man anything at all. Talia said that he was looking to speaking with only Kira and Sae so Tenk seemed to only be an extra. If The Vulture was indeed looking to meet with the other two prisoners then...why? Could it be their connection to Roon or something else entirely?

"I'm happy to have been reunited with you," Tenk spoke and gave his wife a kiss on her cheek. "But...I'm not sure about this guy. He's a criminal first and foremost and I've had plenty of experience with them; they look out for themselves first and foremost. Most likely he only helped cause he wished to gain something from it."

The criminal status was valid in Tenk's mind but he did wonder if the past was having a helping a hand in his thinking of Vulture. He wouldn't deny that he had become much more wary of people after the war, what with the betrayal of Unlin Vos and the President of Bakura. And it was because of one of these betrayals that he had nearly lost the one who had become his wife...

Speaking of the past...

"Talia," Tenk started, his face becoming curious and just a bit thoughtful. "I don't suppose you still have that lightsaber?"

It was the only thing from the war that Tenk had kept...other then Talia. He had thrown away his lightsabers long ago but there was one he had kept...the one he had retrieved on Bakura. It had still been in Talia's possession before his capture, for he had refused to use it, even against Regentis.

13. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Ishtharr
    Med Bay, Sunlight Ranger

Ishtharr was reviewing the medical file of Kira Romar, when his patient awoke. He noted silently, that many of his other subjects were coming around, as well. Had he not been compelled to keep both his eyes on this girl, he would have been there to supervise Jacen Cole?s release from the bacta tank. As it was, Si Kya, a nervous archaeologist, was supervising the tenacious youth. Ishtharr sat the datapad on the table next to Kira?s bed.

Kira?s eyes opened, and the first words out of her mouth were, ?Where am I?? Ishtharr didn?t answer. He busied himself with preparing a syringe of a stabilization mixture. It seemed Kira answered her own question, because she continued, ?I won´t need translation. My Shyriiwook is pretty good. I am Kira Romar.? Ishtharr considered responding, but Kira didn?t give him the chance, as realization washed over her features. She exclaimed, "What is about the others? Have they made it??

The girl tried to rise. With a gentle push, Ishtharr pinned her back against the bed. He spoke quietly, <<You must slow your heart?s beat. You have experienced much, Kira Romar.>>

Ishtharr injected Kira with the syringe and then planted it back on the table. The girl would feel a rush of heat, and a heaviness of limb. It wouldn?t make her drowsy, however. Ishtharr continued, <<I am called Ishtharr, son of Kitwarr. I am your healer.>>

Ishtharr grabbed a small device that projected light. He carefully pushed Kira?s eyelids back and checked her for signs of a concussion. When he was satisfied, Ishtharr answered the Jedi's last question.

<<Colonel Tahnan was placed in an unnatural slumber trance, this day. Who else do you worry for?>>

Tag: Sirak

14. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    U'tek
    Tactical Operations Center, Sunlight Ranger

Very proud. Indeed.

Unlike what seemed to be consensus among the crew, U'tek saw the entire operation as a failure. The gains versus the losses didn't stack up to victory in his eyes, and he fought hard to keep his anger contained.

He gave Captain Lerner a quick salute. "Thank you, sir," he uttered through clenched teeth, his thanks not evident through his words or body language. He reached for the box in front of him, expecting it to be his new rank insignia. Lieutenant colonel. In a normal world, U'tek likely had at least 4 more years and had to have much more experience in administrative leadership to earn such a rank. War certainly changed things around.

He couldn't keep his anger and frustration to himself any longer. "Captain Lerner, sir," again through clenched teeth, his voice almost a growl, "as the new leaders of the Armed Response Forces, I expect that we will have a say in conducting operations that would cost us twenty-two of our men and loss and damage to our vessels and materiel in exchange for three useless individuals? I believe in having tactical and strategic victories to raise morale, not in pyrrhic victories."

TAG: fin, blu

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Med Bay, Sunlight Ranger

"Colonel is out of the game?" Cole almost immediately looked at the bacta tank. Si could detect no regret on the mans face, but he was sure that his expression had hardened somewhat.

"We´re probably better of without him, for now. He wanted to hand over command to the freaky little witch out there." Cole stepped to the window and watched Romar awake. The sheets seperated them from the other patients, but not from his view. Si wasn't sure what to make of that comment. He certainly didn't like Kira - his half-brother having died under her command, and all that - but he'd never go as far as calling her a 'freaky little witch' - even if she had been strange even by Jedi standards.

Then Cole turned to face him. "Coruscant university? Good education, hm? Nothing like a fine bucket of knowledge if you ask me. Always enjoyed classes." Cole went back to the chair with his belongings and began attaching the various knifes to their holsters. Si resisted the urge to seem worried - it was such a normal ordinary thing, to worry about weapons, but he'd been in the war - six years after it had started - and the concern seemed pointless.

"Then tell me, what does a smart boy like you do in a stupid situation like that on Gesaril? How did you end up in jail? Look pretty harmless to me. Except when you blast troopers, of course."

Cole grinned, and Si half-heartedly returned it, recognising the gallows humour he'd seen while interviewing other survivors of Roon - the few there were, anyway. "And even then I'm more of a danger to myself, no?"

Cole, however, wasn't looking at him, giving Romar another worried look. Si followed his line of sight, talking nonetheless. "I asked a few too many questions about some things the Sith didn't want me to know about. Creatures that were behind the scenes at Roon, evidently - maybe behind my half-brothers death. Sae Kya? You might have met him at the start of the battle aboard the Kenobi, perhaps."

Si sighed. "Not that I have any idea what happened to Sae or anyone else on Kira's team. Which is why I'll be hanging around for a bit, if the Colonel or whoever is in charge now lets me stay. To find out."

Tag: Sir_Draco, Fin

16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Kira Kara Romar
    Med Bay, Sunlight Ranger

She blinked, as he tried the light. It actually felt good to hear Shryywook again. Reminded her of better days, before the war. <<I am called Ishtharr, son of Kitwarr. I am your healer.>> She nodded, as far as the examination allowed it. "My honor to meet you, healer." She responded as one should to a Wookiee. Her month on Kashyyyk seemed to have been in another lifetime. Because you were another person, Kira.

<<Who else do you worry for?>> The Wookiee asked. Everybody? her inner voice replied. She already reached out with the force. Searching the MedBay for Colonel Tahnan. And saw Cole watch her from his own glass-walled cabin of the bacta chamber. "I see Jacen Cole is alive." She answered her own question. Her tone most neutral. She felt the mans anger.
    Then she gave the Wookiee a sad smile "How many have died? To get me out of there? How many have been killed in battle?" She asked the Wookiee. And wondered if he was from the same region as her Master. He surely looked a little like him.

Tag: NickLitYouaFlame

17. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: heavy relying on facts provided by Fin and SirakRomar

Jacen Cole
    Med-Bay, Sunlight Ranger

"I asked a few too many questions about some things the Sith didn't want me to know about. Creatures that were behind the scenes at Roon, evidently - maybe behind my half-brothers death." Si explained. Cole listened to him, while staring at Romar and how she got special treatment from the Doctor.
    "Too many questions, hm? Good kid." He smiled. The man Kya could hardly be called "kid" anymore, but Cole felt him to be more youthful, fresher than the battle-hardened men he used to live among.

"Sae Kya? You might have met him at the start of the battle aboard the Kenobi, perhaps."

Cole nodded. Of course he had. A supporter of Romar, when Lonati had turned against her. Hierarchy had it´s way in the end. They attacked. "Knew him, yeah. He ran around on the flag."
    Si sighed. "Not that I have any idea what happened to Sae or anyone else on Kira's team. Which is why I'll be hanging around for a bit, if the Colonel or whoever is in charge now lets me stay. To find out."

Cole grinned a bitter grin. "Lerner will now have command. The guys served not half the time I did." Cole turned. Looked at the young man. He had heard rumors and read reports. he had talked to Vayland again and again. Being the only other survivor of Roon besides Kira-loving Tahnan, they had shared a drink from time to time. "I heard a few things. Sure you wanna know? It´s not a nice tale." He said and took the water the droid offered. "Not at all."

Tag: Sinrebirth

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Talia
    Captain´s Quarters, Sunlight Ranger

"But...I'm not sure about this guy. He's a criminal first and foremost and I've had plenty of experience with them; they look out for themselves first and foremost. Most likely he only helped cause he wished to gain something from it." She sighed, winding herself from his embrace.
    "So do we. We use him and he uses us. He is a criminal, we are terrorists. This is not the Galactic Alliance anymore. This isn´t even Fel´s Empire." She slowly moved towards the door again. "We wouldn´t have made it so far without him, Tenk. What should we do? Dying on morale highground?" She sighed.

"Talia," Tenk asked a little thoughtful "I don't suppose you still have that lightsaber?"

She gave him a sad smile. "You know, it doesn´t bug me that you ask. It doesn´t even bug me that I knew. What really is bad is I have put it to your stuff. It´s on the belt with your other clothes." She looked down. This wasn´t the Jedi´s galaxy anymore and she knew it. A man with a lightsaber, even if it was only a man, would be hunted, killed and never life in peace.

"I gotta go." She she said with sad eyes, avoiding his look. And was out of the Captain´s Quarters.

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

"I gotta go."

Tenk watched Talia leave and he immediately felt bad and almost called after her. A lot of changes seemed to have happened during the month that Tenk was away, both with the war and with his wife.

He saw the reasoning behind working with Vexedo, a man that may be working for The Vulture, he really did. The Rebellion that came before the Galactic Alliance had dealt with all sorts of shady figures and criminals, with some making up their ranks such as the legendary Han Solo. Talia was right in saying that this wasn't the Galactic Alliance anymore but...

The former Jedi sighed. Everything had changed with the end of the war. It hadn't been noticeable at first - not in Tenk's life anyway. While the GA crumbled against the Empire and it's allies he had been marrying to Talia. The first hint of the troubles that were coming his way was when he actually saw his parents again at the wedding. They had sold up their shop and, with Tenk's advisement, had agreed to take the fortune that they've gathered during the war and go into hiding; being the parents of a Jedi Knight was bound to bring some flak to them sooner or later. And then the five years of hiding...Regentis...and now this.

Tenk had found himself wandering over to the clothing that Talia had mentioned and immediately the lightsaber on the belt was in the center of his attention. Unclipping it from the belt, Tenk held the weapon in front of him in a loose grip, taking note of the feel of the weapon that had been so like yet unlike that of his lightsabers.

?Listen to me, Tenk. I want you to promise me something. If you see Talia, in all this, forget about the mission. Choose her, and save her. I know now, now Isaja is dead, how this is all going to turn out. This entire war. I know. There won?t be a Jedi Order anymore. This battle shows that. This war has become the most complex and terrifying in history.?

Tenk had taken those words to heart and had followed them...if a bit late. He had managed to find Talia during the mess at Bakura but had chosen to see Bakura through rather then run. Back then he had been sure that he could still take what the war may throw at him, to complete any challenge or trial that may be set up against him. It was only when he had been proven wrong did he finally choose Talia over the war. He had given up on being a Jedi, had been willing to live out his life without being one anymore and instead focus on fighting his own demons.

What would you have done Master Track? Tenk mentally questioned. If you had survived, if you had been with us when we got to the President, what would you have done?

The former Jedi rolled the hilt of the lightsaber within his grip, his eye taking in every detail of it. The sad eyes that Talia had came to mind. Taking a long breath, Tenk placed the lightsaber back down before he dressed, slipping on the clothes that had been left for him. Then he looked back at where he placed the lightsaber, giving it another long look as his thoughts rolled around in his head.

Finally, he picked the lightsaber back up before moving back to the bed. Sitting on it's edge, Tenk held the lightsaber in both hands before he let the Force take over. The hilt floated up from his palms and hovered in front of the former Jedi. With another bit of manipulation of the Force, the hilt suddenly came apart, separating into it's individual pieces with the Force Crystal in the center of it; like a sun with it's own planets orbiting around it.

Then Tenk got to work, thinking that he can finish before his meeting with the Captain.

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: This post has been set up between Fins and I as a tribute to not only Master Jouron Trak but the one who had played him: SonofZeus. Fins supplied the song for this scene.

There were parts here that were different from those of Tenk's lightsabers, whether configured differently or just replaced entirely. Tenk enveloped the parts in the Force, reviewing and memorizing every part and every detail of each one no matter how small. He needed to become more familiar with the lightsaber, to become intimate with it's construction and develop a connection to it that it's former Master once had. One by one Tenk took a part in the Force, the part itself rolling in the air as if being examined by an invisible hand before it moved on to another part.

It was in the middle of the process did Tenk notice something; a lingering presence within the pieces that suddenly came to his notice. The former Jedi focused on the presence, trying to intermingle it with that of his own. He knew what this could only be...

"The hidden darkness is the more dangerous one, Jedi Qatar. For you can get destroyed when you find it or you can destroy yourself while searching for it."

The pieces hovering in the air seemed to suddenly freeze and nearly fell as Tenk's concentration momentarily slipped. His eye having widened, Tenk couldn't help but look around the room, as if trying to look for someone that had entered the room without his notice.

That voice... For a moment the presence that he had felt lingering within the piece of the lightsaber had been everywhere, as if encompassing the entire room.

Almost as if Jouron Trak had been within this very room, the words that Tenk had sworn he had just heard having been spoken in his ear.

Something else had come to Tenk other then words. Within his mind was now an image of Trak's lightsaber, but a lightsaber configured in a way that Tenk desired it as.

It came together after that. The Force Crystal at the center, the pieces formed around it. The activation button, the crystal mount, the power cell. Piece by piece Tenk seemed to reconstruct the Jedi Master's lightsaber, the hilt seeming to reform into what it had been before the former Jedi had taken it apart. But it was different.

The completed hilt dropped back into Tenk's hands and once again the former Jedi examined it, his hands tracing over it. It may have looked the same but in Tenk's hands he felt the miniscule differences in feel and construction. The only obvious difference was that the blade power adjuster seemed to have been removed.

He hit the activation button and the blade sprang into existence with the memorable snap-hiss. Still possessing the same yellow color, the blade hummed with the consistent power that was being supplied to it. Tenk did some slow, practice swings with the lightsaber, trying to get a better feel for the weapon and what he had done to it. Unable to help it, Tenk once again looked around the room while he tested the lightsaber, as if still expecting the Jedi Master to appear before him. He did not.

The yellow blade seemed to be sucked back into the hilt as Tenk deactivated the weapon before slowly standing up. With one last, long look at it, the former Jedi clipped it to his belt.

"A good lightsaber has saved more lifes than it was forced to take."

Rest in Peace @};-

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Med bay

Si looked at Cole, debating with himself. "How much am I going to hate Kira?" Si shook his head at that. "Don't answer that. I'll wait. I've waited this long, Cole." Si felt tears well up in his eyes, and he blinked them away.

"I want her to tell me what happened to Sae. To say sorry."

Si gritted his teeth, a wave of anger filling him - anger from somewhere unknown. "I want her to mean it."

OOC: I want to know, and don't want to know. It's the same for Si. It's not necessary. Not yet. Or is it? Can Sae's story wait? How crazy am I going to go? [face_worried] TENSION!

22. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    IC: Zeth Tak'n
    Medical Ward

Zeth wasn't for sure if Max's jest were serious, or if he was being sarcastic. So, the Lt. did what any sensible commanding officer would do in his situation, and ignored it.

"No no, you weren't that messed up from the landing," Zeth paused to gather his thoughts, "Well, I'll start with your second question first." The zabrak looked around the room and pointed at Kira Kara Romar, "She was a jedi prisoner on Gesaril, and rumored to be our most important target, there is talk of her taking over the military operations once she has recovered." Zeth then pointed down the medical ward towards a special chamber, "That room is where Jacen Cole is undergoing bacta treatment, I've heard he came out with more then a couple of cuts and bruuises."

Lt. Tak'n took in a deep breath and began, "Now for your first question, I do not know when you will be able to fly again. You're X-83 didn't make it through the crash landing, we scavenged as much as we could, but I do not know when a new X-83 will be in for you to fly, or where we are getting it from, all of that is over my head and for the higher-ups to handle. Though, I am trying to apply pressure in the right places to get you a new ship as soon as possible."

TAG: Rally

23. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Jacen Cole
    Med-Bay, Sunlight Ranger

He looked at the younger man. A long glance. He did not want to know the truth, so be it. Jacen wasn´t exactly euphoric about telling him who his brother had really been. And Jacen couldn´t have told him what happened inside this fortress anyway. But he knew enough. Not all mistakes that day had been Romar´s.

"You really won´t like the story, Kya." Cole said and clapped the boy on the shoulder. "And I think you will never hear her saying sorry. I´ll be at the bar, later. If you wanna talk, meet me there." He left the bacta-station and slowly headed over to Romar. Good thing to give the boy a few moments to think about it. He still had no idea what a war was. And Jacen liked him. Would have been a shame if he was ruined by Romar again. On another of her crusades.

He wasn´t sure what to say to her, but felt it was right. Something inside of him felt the need to talk to her. Respectfully he waited, while the Wookiee examined her. His hand behind his back, his weapons forcing their weight on him. Were his knees weak because of his treatment, or because he was about to face the Reaper of Roon?

He would never know.

Tag: Sinrebirth, SirakRomar & NickLitYouAFlame & Fin

24. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Ishtharr
    Med Bay, Sunlight Ranger

Kira Romar quietly remarked that Jacen Cole was alive. Ishtharr had been aware of this fact, having placed the man in the bacta tank, in the first place. He didn?t say anything and Kira Romar appeared to be reflecting. Or, perhaps, because she was a Jedi, she was searching for her comrades, in the Force. Ishtharr had only just been made aware of the mystical entity that supposedly bound the universe, and he was still skeptical of its accuracy. He didn?t say anything regarding that matter, either.

Kira Romar asked him, three times, the same question. ?How many have died?? Ishtharr didn?t respond for a minute. He ticked off numbers in his head. He growled, <<The clan lost 72. Aboard this vessel, twenty-two roam the Shadowlands, more than a day ago.>>

Ishtharr glanced up. He had heard footsteps, and found himself looking down at a battered Jacen Cole. Ishtharr?s medic persona took over, and he asked, <<Do you feel stiffness, or strength loss in your muscles? And, your side? Does it cause you pain?>>

Tag: Draco, Sirak

25. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Maximl Vektir
    Sunlight Ranger medical bay

[i]*Max suspected that he would have to give the zabrak a crash course in Corellian sarcastic humor, since his quip had been met with a questioning look.
    Still, it appeared as if it didn't phase him, indicating he possessed another good command trait, to let that which he did not understand not exist*[/i]
    [color=royalblue]
    "No no, you weren't that messed up from the landing,"[/color]
    [i]
    *The pause that came before he launched into his next batch of answers was not exactly re-assuring. Although Max and Zeth were aloof at best for most of their short time together, Zeth had displayed an uncanny ability to read people, and had picked up on a few of Maxs' key personality traits*[/i]
    [color=royalblue]
    "Well, I'll start with your second question first."[/color]

[i]*He waved in the direction of the giant pillar of fur that was Ishtarr, the ships' doctor, who was seemingly engaged in conversation with the occupant of a nearby bed that he couldn't see due to his vision being blocked at that angle by several sheets of plastic*[/i]

[color=royalblue]"She was a Jedi prisoner on Gesaril, and rumored to be our most important target, there is talk of her taking over the military operations once she has recovered."[/color]
    [i]
    [i]*Zeth continued the tour by waving at the intensive care chamber*[/i]

[color=royalblue]"That room is where Jacen Cole is undergoing bacta treatment, I've heard he came out with more then a couple of cuts and bruises."[/color]

[i]*When Zeth turned back to face him, Max could tell the bad news was about to hit him, but he was only half listening. Zeth probably didn't know that mentioning Jedi around Max was a bad idea. For reasons he had so far kept to himself he utterly despised the Jedi, and the fact that his squadron mates had died to rescue at least one was now bouncing back and forth in his mind like a ricocheting blaster bolt*[/i]

[color=royalblue]"Now for your first question, I do not know when you will be able to fly again. You're X-83 didn't make it through the crash landing, we scavenged as much as we could, but I do not know when a new X-83 will be in for you to fly, or where we are getting it from, all of that is over my head and for the higher-ups to handle. Though, I am trying to apply pressure in the right places to get you a new ship as soon as possible."[/color]

[i]*Max had a half grin on his face, a cover for the anger that was seething behind it.*[/i]

"Right, that's unfortunate. Look Horn-Head, take a joke, ok? You earned my respect in that last scrape, now just learn to tell when I'm yankin' your leg.
    I want to meet this Jedi-hero important target person. Walk with me, maybe we can figure it out together eh?"

[i]*As Max stepped onto the cold floor, another slice of pain burned through his mind, causing him to get dizzy and brace against the bed for a moment, gritting his teeth while he re-gained his bearings*
    [/i]
    "Better be ready to catch me, maybe ill get saved by both Talia and you today."

[i]*As he walked over towards Ishtarr, he could hear not one but two voices garbling away in Shyriiwook. Clearly whomever he was talking to was educated to say the least. Still, if they were talking, it meant that they were at least stable, and could afford an interruption*[/i]

"Hey doc! Guess my head injury didn't come from sport fighting like you complained! Are you ever going to give me the chance to win back my credits in another Sabacc game?"

[i]*As he approached the doctor, Max could finally see who he was talking to. Zeth had said it was a woman, but he gave no warning as to how attractive she was. Although marred by stress, she had attractive features and raven-colored hair, but what was most striking about her was the hard blue eyes.
    He estimated that in the best of times they would radiate sparks and light, but right now they were penetrating and held the vestiges of the infamous "thousand meter stare" of somebody who had gone through the worst of combat.

Max also observed that Doctor Istharrs considerable frame had bee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.