main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive 145 ABY- The New Jedi Trials- Shadow War

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ree, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    IC- Karn Fell

Karn had flown back to the mysterious ship and made his home there. But he didn't pick any old room, he picked the room that he had dueled his ghost father in, the saber cuts were still in the wall and ceiling from the fight. He sat his bag on the floor, and sighed, he had been a Knight now for 17 years, he had trained two padawans and even tried being a initiates instructer for lightsaber combat, it all just got boring. He had questioned himself many times over the reason why the council saw it fit that he was not a Jedi Master, he then reached a conclusion, the council didn't trust him, they thought he was to unpredictable, that he was arrogant. Karn scoffed, what did the council know of arrogancy. they were training Jedi to always ask the permission of the council, so the Jedi would look like children waiting for parents to tell them they can go play, yet the other players were already gone.

Karn reached into his bag and pulled out one of the holocrons he had found in his fathers temple, and he read the label "A Pathway To Many Abilities." Why did it always have to be cryptic with his father, there were no straight forward statements or retorts, everything was a puzzle, and this puzzle was just to confusing for Karn so he placed it on the table. then he pulled out another and read the label, "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueus The Wise." Karn activated the holocron, and listened with intent as his father told the tale of Darth Plagueus, the ability to save others from death, was a power that Jedi were forbidden to use, we were to...rejoice for the those who transform into the force.

Karn pulled out another. "Darth Sidious" Karn looked at the holocron and activated it. Again it was his father rambling on about one of the greatest Sith Lords who through brilliant tactics and patient manipulation almost eradicated the Jedi. Karn's father talked about Darth Sidious's powers, of how vast and expansive his knowledge of the darkside was and of how he honed his apprentice Darth Vader into an almost unstoppable, terror tool. Then Karn found one power of Sidious's use that he found interesting, Lightning.

Karn made mental notes of all the discoveries he had made, and made sure he would talk to the council, but first he had his droid launch his ship with all the holocrons inside except for the one labeled "A Pathway To Many Abilities" which Karn left lying on his table. Then he called the Grand Master, and requested that a council session be called so he could discuss his questions and concerns with the council, and maybe question them a little in the process.

Tag : Ree, Brutus

2. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    OOC: That's ok Kypster. I'll jig something up so you can have a bigger role. I'm your Master after all I should be training you! :p

3. Mr-Fett

Mr-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2009
    IC: Taryn Jeando

When we are not fighting for our lives and can take a step back to really look at the ship, I noticed that it is really a beautiful ship. We have been tasked with finding rooms for ourselves and I have been given the task of finding a place where the younglings can be trained. After linking up with Grosh he sent me schematics of the ship and I began my search. I found my way over the port side wing of the ship and discovered it to be a perfect place to train younglings. It has many large domed rooms that look out into the peaceful tranquility of space. It brought back joyous reminiscence of the star room in the old temple on Coruscant. After finding many of these rooms I decided that this would probably be the best area on the ship for training so I decided to begin the search for my personal quarters. I found a room not far away from one of the bigger domed rooms and decided that it would be a perfect place to call home. It is near the younglings so I can watch them train and help them in the ways of the force, yet it is not to far away from the control center in case I am needed on the bridge.

Since giving the dead jedi a proper burial the ships force veil has been lifted and revealed a wonderful sense of joy that is radiating throughout the ship. I can only begin to imagine what is causing it but I suspect it is the jedi of old giving us their thanks. I must go now and speak with the Grand Master and move my stuff from the ship over to my room...

--Captains log 3--

Standing up from the desk in her room Taryn set off to find the Grand Master. Walking back through the halls of the Chu'unthor Taryn was filled with an almosst overwhelming sense of happiness and relief. The jedi had been on the run for so long, unable to settle down anywhere. It had been a very rough time and it seemed at sometimes that things would not work out for them, but now the future looked much brighter. It was as it a veil had been lifted off the jedi, a giant weight and darkness gone and now there was only light. Drawing in a deep breathe of air Taryn walked down the hall to the Grand Masters quarters with a smile on her face.

Knocking on the door frame... "Grand Master I believe that I have found a perfect training area for the younglings and I have positioned my room near it so that I may aid in their training. I can mark the places on the map or I could show you myself if you would like."

Tag: Malloran Chi'ba

4. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: I have a couple questions. Are there any other Council Members besides Me, Gunny, Brutus, and Ree? And is there any Council Members with the fleet? If there isn't then Kai Koon will be with the fleet when it arrives, and I will disregard my first post. I need this information as soon as possible so I can make my post.

5. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    I do not believe there are others. I asumed that the rest of the council was portrayed by NPCs

6. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    IC: Drake Dankari
    LOC: Chu'unthor, Stern Starboard Mess Hall

Drake was quite shocked. He had never seen anything like this before.

His inspection started out normally enough- the magnetron in the nanowave stove was shot, no water came out of the sink- just what one would expect from a ship that has been derelect for over a hundred years.

What he did not expect, however, was what he saw when he opened the conservator. Inside it was all kinds of produce- and it was fresh! It looked like it was all picked yesterday, and it smelled good, too. Drake picked up a space carrot and held it up to his mouth. This is about the stupidest thing I've ever done, he thought as he took a bite. It was the best carrot he had ever tasted!

Drake started, dumbfounded, at the carrot in his hand, and at the rest of the fruits and vegetables in the conservator. He then reached for his comlink and keyed the Grandmaster's channel. "Grandmaster Chi-Ba, I think you should come see this."

Tag: Ree

7. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Kai Koon

Kai gazed out into space from the command deck of the Jedi transport Justice. The Justice's sister ships Harmony, and Serenity sat out in space before him. The three transports were crammed full of Jedi waiting to jump to lightspeed, and make their new home on the Chu'unthor.

Kai was the only Council Member to stay behind with the Jedi transports, while the rest went to the Chu'unthor to get it ready. About 12 hours ago he received communication from the rest of the Council to have the Jedi ready, and that the ship was almost ready. For the past hour-and-a-half Kai has been standing on the bridge waiting for the communication from the Chu'unthor telling them it is ready for them to come.

Kai was content in waiting all day on the bridge waiting if he had to. Kai was known as the 'Master of Patience' among the Jedi, so waiting wasn't an issue from him. But he could feel impatience grow off of some of the younger Jedi. They were getting restless, and bored. Hopefully they could leave soon.

His wish was granted. A knight yelled up to him, that a communication was coming in from the Chu'unthor. Kai got the go ahead to jump to the Chu'uthor as soon as they were ready. Kai turned to the knight. "Put me through to the Harmony, and the Serenity." Kai's voice was deep, and slightly rough from his breath mask.

"This is Master Koon. All transports, we are clear to jump to lightspeed. See you on the Chu'unthor." The communication cut off, and Kai nodded to the pilot. "Take us to lightspeed." The Jedi nodded, and pulled down on a switch, and the Justice jumped to lightspeed, along with the Harmony, and Serenity.

***One Hour Later***

The Jedi transports dropped out of lightspeed in almost unison. Kai gazed out the view screen at the Chu'unthor. She was beautiful. Exactly what the Jedi needed. "Open up comms with the Chu'unthor."

A moment later they were online with the ship. "Chu'uthor, this is the Justice. Master Koon to be specific. We've are here. Request permission to dock?"

TAG:
    Anyone on the Bridge of the Chu'unthor.

8. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    IC: Grosh Crander
    On the bridge of Chu'unthor

Grosh was examining more schematics and going over the different readouts that were coming back from the system diagnotics he had ran. Then the com cracked to life.

"Chu'unthor, this is the Justice. Master Koon to be specific. We've are here. Request permission to dock?"

Grosh looked around, not seeing anyone else. The name did ring a bell, and Grosh leaned over to the screen to verify the identity of the ship.

"Man, this thing needs some guns," he said to himself.

Once he verified the ID of the incoming transmission and ship, Grosh answered the request.

"Master Kloon, this is Grosh Crander, Mandalorian in the service of Taryn Jeando, welcome to the Chu'unthor. Given that there is no one else on the bridge right now, I'm going to authorize you to dock with the ship on the port docking bays. I'll let Grandmaster Chi-Ba know that you've arrived."

He reached over to his private comm and punched in the code for the Grandmaster.

"Grandmaster Chi-Ba, I know you're probably really busy right now, but I thought I would let you know that Master Kloon and the other transports have arrived. I have them docking on the port side bays. Also I'm going through the diagnostics right now, but could probably use a hand, if you know of anyone."

Grosh then went back to going over the diagnostics, wishing that Kryn would come help him. Or anyone for that matter.

tag: any

9. -Kypster-

-Kypster- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2008
    Thanks, I should be done with that task by now too :rolleyes:

Would Kyp be allowed on the bridge?

10. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for the typo of your name Master Koon.

11. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: That's ok. I didn't even notice till you said something.

"Master Koon, this is Grosh Crander, Mandalorian in the service of Taryn Jeando, welcome to the Chu'unthor. Given that there is no one else on the bridge right now, I'm going to authorize you to dock with the ship on the port docking bays. I'll let Grandmaster Chi-Ba know that you've arrived."

"Thank you. Justice out." Kai gave orders to the pilot to bring her in to the port docking bays, and to signal the Serenity, and Harmony to do the same. As the Justice made its approach vector Kai made his way to the boarding ramp. He needed to be there first to be sure things were kept in order. The was a bunch of restless younglings that would need to be taken care of, and quarters to be distributed.

Kai felt, and heard the Justice dock with the Chu'unthor. The ramp lowered, and Kai walked out nodding to the Jedi in the room. "A bunch of Jedi are going to be emerging from that ship in a couple of seconds so be ready."

Just as he said a swarm of younglings, and Jedi came running down the ramps. Kai began ushering them into groups. At first it was hard to get most of the younglings to go to there groups, but in the end he, and the Jedi got them to settle down. Once the Jedi were all organized, and in groups Kai started sending them off to there quarters.

Tag: Anyone.

12. -Kypster-

-Kypster- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2008
    IC: Kyp Kalrin

Kyp jogged off of the ramp from the Justice, he wasn't rushing, but it did feel good to be off that ship. He walked around while Master Kai Koon placed everyone and sat by the other padawans, and closed his eyes, he heard the bustling and then it started to die down. It was peaceful there, Kyp took the opportunity to look into his mind, he also looked into other people's minds too. Kyp hoped that no one minded him in their heads, it was his strong point in the force, and he liked to exercise it.

"Whats going to happen"
    "Oh, younglings" *sigh*
    "What a day"

Kyp liked reading thoughts, but he decided to stop, personal space you know.

TAG: Any

13. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    OOC: sorry for not posting anything, I've been out of town. I will try to post something today.

14. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005

Grosh continued to look through pages of diagnostic readouts, making sure everything was within spec. It took a while, but finally Grosh was satisfied that everything was ready to go. He decided to go ahead with a few tests.

He went over to the helm and sat in front of the engine controls. There was more than plenty of juice left in the ship, but he needed to verify that the engines were still going to function. He pressed a few buttons to warm up the engines and sat for a moment. He could tell the ship had not been used for quite some time, as the engines took nearly a full minute to warm up. When the screen lit that they were ready, he put the engines to one-eighth orbital power. Nothing to push them out of orbit, but enough to test them and run diagnostics again.

Grosh engaged the engines, feeling the slight rumble of the engines through the ship. He counted to five and then shut the engines down. He quickly ran some diagnostics on the engines, reactor, and all related systems. He wondered if anyone else on the ship had felt it. He smiled. Of course they did, it was a ship full of Jedi.

He scanned the diagnostics again, making sure that it all checked out. He decided he had better report in, before getting a comm from a busy Grand Master Chi-Ba.

"Grand Master, this is Grosh Crander. Just to let you know, I did a five second micro burn. Nothing that would take us out of orbit or anything, just to make sure the sub-light engines are still in working order. You might hear the engines power up a little more within the next few minutes. I need to make sure that the hyperdrive is still functioning. I am running diagnostics on them as I go. Grosh out."

He didn't wait for a response, he knew the Jedi were busy with lots of things on board. He turned his attention to the hyperdrive, powering the engines up. He heard the whine of the engines through the ship as they built up energy to propel them into hyperspace. Once the engines reached ninety-nine percent, he shut them down and ran more diagnostics.

He repeated this pattern over serval hours, along with other tests throughout the ship. Everything from engine tests, emergency evac sirens, different claxons and alarms. He knew the others on board probably were wondering what was going on, even ouch thing only lasted for a couple seconds.

Finally Grosh was satisfied. He commed the Grand Master again.

"Grand Master Chi-Ba, this is Grosh Crander," he said in a cheery voice, "I apologise for all the noise. I am pleased to report, however, that all systems are go. The Chu'unthor is ready to depart whenever the Council decides. Although I would appreciate just a bit of help on the bridge. I may be good, but it sure is lonely up here. Oh, and I think that this thing needs some weapons. Unless I missed that section somewhere, this ship has no defense systems."

tag: Chi-Ba, any

15. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    IC - Karn Fell

Karn had been walking about the ship, thinking about his past and his future when he felt the ship come to life. Karn walked to the bridge and opened the door, he saw Grosh at the helm. "Hey do you have clearance to be here." He said in a tone that sounded serious yet sounded like a joke. Of course thats what it was, a joke. He walked over to the navigations console and looked over it, it was old, Karn brushed it off and looked at the screen aparently Grosh had been very busy. "So Grosh you got any new information regarding the systems on this ... this... uh... ship?" Karn didn't know if it was a ship, spacestations, or to call it home. Karn stared out into space and he plunged deep into the force focusing on every thing in the shi, everything was so light, except for the darkness lingering in his room, Karn was sure it would never go away, until he had conquered his demons, or died trying.

Tag : Grosh, anyone

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Kai recoiled when he felt someone touch his mind. He immediately locked up his mind, and waited for his moment to strike. He felt the hand through the force of someone else trying to enter his mind, but Kai put up a wall too think, and too strong to break through. The probe hesitated for a moment, and Kai attacked. Kai struck out with his own probe, and caught the other off guard. He broke through a small hole in his opponents wall, and entered the others mind. It was a Padawan.

Kai searched out who it was from the corner of the Padawan's mind. If everything went as planned Kai would be in, and out before the Padawan even noticed that he had been there. Kai found out who it was, and quietly slipped out of the Padawan's mind. It was Kyp Kalrin, Apprentice to Master Chi-Ba.

Kai surveyed the room until he found Kyp. Kai dropped what he was doing, and walked over. "You shouldn't invade someones mind so casually, young Padawan." He said coming up behind the Padawan. "If a mind stronger then yours noticed you like I did they could have entered into your mind, and known everything about you. When you probe someones mind they can throw up walls to keep you out. If you are going to make a habit of probing other peoples consciousness you need to learn to put up a stronger wall. Thinking about the same thing over and over again will keep them out."

Tag: Kyp

17. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    IC: Grosh
    Aboard Chu'unthor, navigation bridge

Grosh had been running another set of tests when he heard the door open.

[color=blue="Hey do you have clearance to be here?"[/color]

Grosh turned and saw that it was Karn Fell. The man he had went through the ship with before.

"No, I'm going to hijack this vessel, and do with it as I please," he responded with a touch of sarcasm, not turning to see if Karn would get it. Grosh had little doubt he would.

"So Grosh you got any new information regarding the systems on this ... this... uh... ship?"

Grosh sat for a moment, reading over some information on his datapad.

"New information? Not really, not from my point of view at least. Then again, at this point I probably know more about this ship than most of the beings on board right now."

He turned in the chair and faced Karn.

"There's not much to report on really. It appears that pretty much everything is in good condition, considering the age of the vessel. I have run across some personal logs and holo transmissions, but I've decided to let the Jedi Council look through those in private. They might contain a better clue as to why the Jedi died in the ship."

Grosh turned back to the display.

"There is this one thing though... This ship has no weapons. I don't really like that. Given that this is a Jedi vessel, however, I guess I can see why it didn't. The one thing that I did notice was that the shielding on the ship is... amazing."

He shifted in his seat, motioning for Karn to look at the display. Grosh pulled up the only defense systems he could find, with only one heading: Shields.

"Now I've looked through the schematics on the shielding, and it's unlike anything I've seen before. I know the Sith were trying to figure something like this out, but it looks like this ship can actually do it."

Grosh became a little more excited as he talked about it.

"I need to speak with Grand Master Chi-Ba. I need to run a series of tests... special tests that will require a drone and possibly some technicians..."

Grosh knew he was leaving Karn partially in the dark, but Grosh knew he would underestand soon enough.

"Grand Master Chi-Ba, this is Grosh Crander again. I sincerely apologise for the interuptions, but I need to speak with you on the bridge. I've discovered something about the ship that makes it very unique."

Grosh sat there and waited for her response.

tag: Karn Fell, Grand Master Chi-Ba, any

18. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    IC - Karn Fell

So what, the ship had shields, so did all the ships in the republic. Grosh was making it sound as though the shields were the weapon. Karn had seen that before, shields focused together by beams of energy used to punch through other shield and cut through oher ships. Karn had been tasked to destroy it, along with four other jedi, he was the only one to walk off of it, Karn had gotten a good lecture about how he let the team down and how he hadn't left any prisoners to talk to, Karn was furious after that, how was it his fault that the ship was rigged to blow once the Jedi got to the bridge.

"Grosh, would you care to, elaborate on the facinating shields again, like, what can they do." Karn was intent on learning if the shields were a weapon or not he needed to find out.

Karn walked over to the main controls of the ship, and as stupid as it sounded, he felt, compelled to push buttons, like a child with a remote, so thats what he did, he pushed buttons randomly, to Karn nothing happened, but he didn't know what he was doing.

Tag: Grosh

19. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005

"Grosh, would you care to, elaborate on the facinating shields again, like, what can they do?" Karn asked Grosh.

He smiled at Karn. As he was trying to formulate a way to explain the shielding system to Karn, Karn walked over to a console and started to randomly push buttons. While Grosh could appreciate his curiosity, he wasn't too happy about someone just randomly pushing buttons.

"Hey, utreekov jetii, would you mind stop pushing buttons. You might blow up the whole shabla ship."

Grosh waited for a moment, collecting his thoughts again.

"The shields," he began, "are actually pretty inpressive. I can guarantee that no ship in the fleet has shields quite like these."

He walked over to a console and pulled up the schematics. He pointed to the rear center of the ship.

"This is where the typical engine room is, as well as shielding. The Chu'unthor has both, however when you look closer at the unit that powers the shield," he pressed a button and zoomed in on the area, "do you see anything different about the shield generator?"

Grosh waited a moment, letting Karn try to figure out what was missing, or what wasn't right. He could tell that Karn was close to figuring it out. Grosh then proceeded.

"The shield generator isn't like anything out there. It somewhat resembles a planetary defense shield generator, but this one can modulate. I saw something like this in the research areas of the Sith, before I left, but they couldn't figure it out well enough to be effective."

He let the words hang for a moment longer.

"Let me illustrate what I think these shields can do. You're a Jedi, and as such you have a lightsaber. Now, when someone shoots a blaster at you, you can utilize your lightsaber to deflect the blaster fire, even back to the source of where that fire came from."

Grosh could see Karn was starting to fully understand.

"These shields aren't just normal deflector shields. I'm almost positive that these shields are capable of not only repelling firepower, but sending just about any blaster or cannon fire back to where it came from, much like a lightsaber. Kandosii'la."

Grosh let his fingers gently touch the screen. He turned back to Karn.

"So, now you see why I want to test these things out. Maybe you could give Grand Master Chi-Ba a little nudge to approve further testing."

tag: Karn

20. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    OOC: I'm looking for anybody interested in taking over this game for me as I don't have any time or inspiration for it. Anyone interested please PM me and let me know.

21. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Announcement: I will be taking over hosting this game for Ree. For now we will continue with getting the ship up and running, and introductions.

22. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: Does anyone still want to play this?

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    OOC: Please. Not that I've found the right place to make a post yet. Sigh. Can't figure where to insert myself. :(

24. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    OOC: I wouldn't mind still playing, but it seems that mst everyone else has fizzled out.

25. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    OOC:the spark had died, it needs a jolt of action or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.