CT 16 hypnotic GIFs of vintage Star Wars action figures

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by hugoforbes, May 24, 2013.

1. hugoforbes Jedi Padawan

I can't believe it's been 30 years since Return of the Jedi!!!??? Here is a cool site that features the deterioration of vintage Star Wars figures over the past 30 years. The Yoda and Greedo ones are effed-up.
    Merchandising Is Forever via Buzzfeed.
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  2. MOC Yak Face Classic Trilogy and Saga Co-Mod.

Manager
    star 4
    Some of mine have never been the same since the sandpit or when I tried to alter their costumes with my felt pens. Princess Leia looks a lot less attractive with a beard also...
    hugoforbes likes this.
  3. hugoforbes Jedi Padawan

Haha, yeah I lost most of mine by throwing them out of a 21 story window to "see them fly." I don't think I realized at age 3 that that would be the end of them...
    DarthDuckie likes this.
  4. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm a little embarrassed to say but even as a child my figures weren't played with and the ones that for some reason were freed from their plastic prisons were never exposed to sand pits or multi-story falls haha.

Only poor Boba has had a hard life and unfortunatly time hasn't been kind.
    hugoforbes and DarthDuckie like this.
  5. MOC Yak Face Classic Trilogy and Saga Co-Mod.

Manager
    star 4
    See, you may have been teased as a kid for not bringing your figures into the sandpit, but now, who's the one with the valuable figure collection and who has a headless blue Snaggletooth and a bearded Princess Leia Bespin? It's called karma. Or possibly the Force...
    hugoforbes and Aaronaman like this.
  6. Jarren_Lee-Saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Lego is still the best :p
    hugoforbes likes this.
  7. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I like the googly-eyed effect on the Greedo figures on that page. :p

No wonder he missed Han by a mile... he was completely wasted...
    Last edited by Dark Lady Mara, May 25, 2013
    hugoforbes likes this.
  8. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
    [IMG]

And people wonder why Yoda didn't realize Palpatine was a Sith. He was on LSD.
    Jarren_Lee-Saber and hugoforbes like this.
  9. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    I love the yellow stormtrooper.
    hugoforbes likes this.
  10. OldSchoolFan Jedi Master

star 1
    The figures nowadays, even though the level of detail is superb, seem so fragile compared to their 80s cousins. My wee guy had a stormtrooper figure that I tried to pose in an action stance and snapped it's arm off without any force whatsoever. I know the old figures had virtually zero articulation and some looked nothing like the character in question but they still hold a special place in my heart.....and in a few more years, my bank account!!!
    hugoforbes likes this.
  11. hugoforbes Jedi Padawan

I think the original Kenner figures are the best action figure line from a design perspective. They all look like part of the same family and fit into a rigid set of guidelines. As a kid I didn't need much articulation, because I had an imagination. The figures now look all over the place and underdeveloped.
  12. MOC Yak Face Classic Trilogy and Saga Co-Mod.

Manager
    star 4
    I love the old Kenner figures. The way they fit with the vintage craft and playsets is a thing of beauty. Beauty!
    hugoforbes likes this.
  13. hugoforbes Jedi Padawan

Couldn't agree more :)