main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

19 days and 80$ short

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by cruznseal2, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    After waiting a whole week i finally got to go to Wal-Mart. all i can say is I?m SOOOO pumped for the movie. (I?m also 80$ poorer)

MOVIE RANt: sorry i just had a idea: I'm sure every ones seen the visa credit card commercials with the ?...priceless, for everything else there is VISA?. add a star wars twist like: ?yoda action figure 6.55, episode 2 sound track 17.00, replica light saber 150.0, tickets for episode II 8.00, experianceing episode II opening night, priceless.? and you could have a very simple yet cute spoof. might be a fun project for those interested in film.

Anyway I also have to admit to committing the cardinal sin of a star wars fan?I bought the book. i haven't cracked it yet but its very tempting. I?m desperate to see whether or not the movie will live up to its hype.

19 days left. I hope I can make it

2. Murc-XIII

Murc-XIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    ha!

i only wasted $40!!!

oh, and by the way....if you open that book i'll never talk to you again...

3. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    umm....i bought it for the cover!

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Total amount of money spent on AOTC thus far: $0.00

5. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Good for you - wish I had done that! I spent way too much, but I couldn't help myself.

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, i spent way too much as well... I'm such a tool for George Lucas (wiping invisible marketing filth off self)

7. mirrax

Apr 2, 2002
    I will have to say that $80 is really nothing (well not nothing, it's still a heck of alot of money for sure!) - I spent over twice that and am still looking for some stuff I couldn't find! Just when I think I'm caught up with everything, they unload waaaaaaaaaay too many products.

8. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    thank you for reminding me that i need to get a higher paying summer job. :)

anyway the lady at the check out had no idea that a star wars movie was coming out and then when i promptly told her that it indeed was coming out and in fact would open up in 19 days 8 hours 20 min and 7 seconds she looked at me finished packing my bag and set me on my way without so much as a "and have a nice day" it is a cold world out there.

9. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We're fellow tools of the George Lucas Empire, willing pawns tossing away money on our plastic statues. We don't even know if we'll like the characters we're buying figures of unless they've been in other movies (except Jango of course... unless he's acting like a pimp like Boba did in the special edition RotJ... Who loves ya Baby...). We even bought the Jedi Dex, because I thought it was funny. Don't use it though. I clicked on a name I wasn't familiar with, read through the little bio about a spider, and found out a tiny spoiler. It's an evil device. I don't like to think of myself as wasting money, I like to think of it as making donations to the George Lucas' Kids college fund... in case he wants to buy them a college, or a small city with a college in it... as long as it's not Duke.

10. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2001/pvp20011014.gif]

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    LMAO That cartoon is prited and on my door. Whoever wrote that is great. I know just how they feel. Thanks for posting that!

12. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    This really has nothing to do with anything we're talking about, but Bizzaro was great today! And it is Star Wars related.
    Today's Bizzaro

13. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Just got back from Wal-Mart where I plunked down a modest 18 bucks for three action figs. I had to restrain myself from dropping a whole load of dough. They seemed to have the biggest variety. What are the hardest to find figs?

14. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Outlander--

Rarest figure..Count Dooku followed closely by Taun We, Luminara Potpie (or whatever), and the Royal Guard. Dwayne now points out the name is Luminara Unduli. Those are the tough ones and some folks are having trouble finding Yoda.

Good Luck!

Dwayne and Marcy

15. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    i went to the wal-mart in the grafton / portwashingon area and found a luminera, dukoo, duel lightsaber anikin, the selection in the action figure isle is week but the display up front had acouple hard to find figures.

just a heads up

-mike

PS they also have ruber boot that make great jedi boots for 13 bucks.

EDIT: grand total now 130$ (when do i get my free figure?)

16. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    The Hales Corners Wal-Mart had all of those except Dooku and Yoda. Unfortunatley those are the ones I didn't get. I picked up the Tusken Raider, clone trooper, and R2D2...I couldn't resist the sound FX.

17. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    As of last night at 9 pm, the Toys R'Us at Northridge mall had literally dozens of Dookus and Yodas. I picked up one of each. Now I just need Luminara and the Royal Guard. :)

18. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, I think, everyone started getting in their Dookus - I saw probably 30 of them warming the shelf up in Fon Du Lac. I also saw a lot of Royal Guards up there, but no Luminaras.

Jeff

19. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    hey just got back from the Wal-Mart in Sheboygan. quite a display but nothing very rare. however i did pick up one of the TV guides with he holographic covers. pretty nifty. i really like the one with Anikin/Vader and obi wan. it's really well done and you can really appreciate how much the young obi wan resembles the old. i also picked up the poster (i have to say this has to be my favorite one) and also zam wells speeder (almost as fun as the superbattle droid)

PS. wampas do you still have that extra yoda I have yet to find one so I would be grateful if you would hang on to that one.

-mike

EDIT: grand total has now reached 160$

20. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Ok, I can no longer say that I've spent no money on AOTC. I bought the soundtrack at C2, and the novel and "Art Of" book Tuesday night at R.A. Salvatore's appearance in Southridge. I think that totals out to around $75.

21. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Heads Up--I saw scads of Luminarias at the 27th street WalMart (by Leon's custard) yesterday afternoon.

22. mirrax

Apr 2, 2002
    ooooooh leon's - wow, I haven't thought about that in a long time@!!!!

sorry, off the subject.

23. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Of course, Leon's. But beware. Vanilla, Chocolate, Mint Chip . . .the dark side are they.

24. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Is that near 27th and Oklahoma? Do they have bike rallies there?

25. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Yeah, sure, bike rallies. See ya down there this weekend on my Schwinn. It's South side pride, man--ain't nothing BUT bikes down there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.