1977 Star Wars Celica - I MUST HAVE IT!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JediRacer, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    StarWars.com is currently running stories about the original release of Star Wars.
    They posted this image:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/bts/article/f20060823/img/12_bg.jpg]

I MUST HAVE THAT CELICA!!! I wonder if it still exists. I wonder who owns it? I would gladly trade my current car (G35) for that car, even if it doesn't run anymore. If anyone knows the whereabouts of the Star Wars Celica, let me know!
  2. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    That would be an ultimate collectible. Maybe Steve Sansweet has it... At the very least I bet he'd know it's whereabouts... I haven't bought a Star Wars insider in a while, but I know he use to have a collecting Q&A column in there (He responded to 2 of my questions!)... If you ever find out what happened to it, let us know.
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    There's a bit more info on it here, but nothing about its current status. (There is some speculation though).
  4. SithAboveAll Jedi Master

star 4
    i have a 2002 celica you can buy off me. i'll write STAR WARS on the side if you like...
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    [face_laugh]

Somehow I don't think that's what he had in mind...
  6. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be very surprised if that sucker has escaped the scrap pile after all these years.
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Depends on how it was taken care of. If it's been garaged and not driven a lot it might still be around. I have a 1985 Golf that I bought as new and it is still going strong. I only use it for local trips though.
  8. JediOverlord Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I heard a guy tracked down the car John Cusack drove in "Say Anything" through DMV records,and one of the Batmobiles from the 1960s Batman TV series was found in a junkyard in Australia. It's just a matter of how you go about finding it.
  9. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If there was ever a car that could survive 30 years with some TLC, it'd probably be a Toyota. I bet the guys on Pimp My Ride could restore it! :p
  10. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm just curious to know if it still exists and in what condition. Besides Star Wars, I'm a car guy too, and I like those old Japanese cars, old Celicas, 240Z's, Datsun 510's etc. It would be an ultimate collectible to have this Celica.
  11. Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Really off topic, but I know where you can pick up THE camouflaged International truck from Grumpy Old Men. It's sitting behind the Chevy dealership about 40 minutes west of the twin cities. It actually smells like fish inside... not that that is really a selling feature.

BTW, I know nothing about the Celica. Glad I could help.
  12. Darth_Phineas Jedi Master

star 3
    I always heard the 240Xs had an issue with the inner seams of the body panels not being sealed very well and collecting water, prompting rusting issues. Ever experience that? I heard it from a Toyota body shop guy, so I've always assumed that was the case.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.